[N] Our Love Like This (Rose x You)

What If It's Your Last?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double Update because why not? 

Any Reply 1997 fans? XD I had two days off of work so somehow I ended up rewatching the drama and I started listening to the ost songs again and I got inspired to write this and also because this is my birth year. I also recommend listening to Seo In Guk & Eunji's duet Our love like this. The lyrics are really nice and it's what also inspired this chapter. 

------------------------------------------

   Friends, relatives, and acquaintances would always tell you how lucky you are. You were born with looks, intelligence, and height. However, they just say that probably because they want to get on your good side now because you're working a well-paid job and of course they want the connections.  However, that's what they all want. They want to have what you have without having to work for it. But you were willing to give all of that up just for her. Rose. You had everything but you didn't have Rose. The funny thing is you were just missing one thing yet your whole life seems meaningless without her. The last time the two of you had seen each other was in high school. After graduation, the both of you moved to different places to prepare for college and jobs. Rose and her family moved to Australia while you moved to California by yourself. 

Back then you would all try to keep in contact but at some point, it all stopped. Sometimes you were curious how everyone was doing but you didn't want to message them at a random time since that would be awkward. However, the high school reunion flier still sits on your table right next to your file of cases. Honestly, when you got this you were ready to call your assistant in to tell her to not bring you useless junk from the mail. However, when you read the high school name everything came back. The feelings, the memories, the hardships and much more.

You weren't well off back then. It was just your mom working to support the family while your dad just lazes around and complains. That's why every paycheck you get now you always make sure to send money back to your mom. Since she deserves that and a lot more but you are going to work harder to make sure you're able to give her everything. 

" Why don't you stop beating around the bush and just decide to go to the reunion like all of us? " Jennie suggests. 

You look up and you find Jennie leaning against your door. Jennie was the only friend you had from high school that you see often today. The both of you always made a good team even back in high school. So it wasn't shocking when the two of you decided to open a law firm together.

" I'm assuming that you're going to be there too then? " You ask 

" Well, it's a reunion I think most of us are going to be there. " Jennie remarks. 

You nod.

" And you know someone is also going to be attending too. " Jennie says suggestively as she wiggles her eyebrows. 

You snicker as you throw a crumpled paper at her. 

" What? All I'm saying is Rose and you are grown up now and have stable jobs so what other way is there to settle this than to just tell each other honestly? " Jennie states. 

" You say it like as if Rose and I still have feelings for each other. " You comment. 

" Well do you not? I'll be the judge of that at the reunion because you're going. " Jennie says. 

----------------------------------------

" Chaeyoung ah, there's mail for you in your room. " Rose's father says as soon as she comes home from work. 

Rose smiles and nods. 

" Thanks, Dad! " Rose says after hugging him and heading up to her room. 

She puts her bag down on her bed and sits on her chair and looks through her mail. The first thing that catches her attention is the familiar royal blue color on the flier. 

" Reunion huh? " Rose says as she reads through the flier. 

Rose gets on the phone and notifies her boss that she'll be taking a few days off from work because of the school reunion. When her boss replies and gives her permission she turns off the phone and lays on her bed. She remembers those days, back when she wasn't stressed about adult things and the only thing she worried about was homework, cheerleading practice, and if there's a person that you're interested in. Rose and part of the school's students were disappointed when the word got out that you were interested in someone. You weren't crazy popular but you had a good amount of people in the school interested in you to let people know you technically weren't unknown. However, Rose has never seen you accept anyone that was interested in you. Seeing you reject them made her happy but at the same time, she wasn't confident that you would accept her confession either. 

"Hmm... No one really knew who was it. " Rose mutters to herself. 

She snickers and shakes her head. It would be nice to that you were still single. However, the reality is that you're probably in a relationship or maybe even engaged or married. 

" It would have been nice to know that I still had a chance though. " Rose says to herself. 

--------------------------------

     Cars are being pulled up in the familiar parking lot. When you were a student you used to think the parking lot of your high school was huge but now there wasn't anything special to it. People's eyes turn as they see Jennie and you pull in with your respective cars. Jennie's Porsche 718 and your Maserati Ghlibi. It was like high school all over again, everyone checking Jennie and you out as the both of you walk to meet up with your friends. You stop and check who's calling you at this time and you tell Jennie to head over to the grou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter