[N] Set Me Free (Jisoo x You)

What If It's Your Last?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      People should pay the price of their mistakes. Some of them can try to ignore it but in the end, it always comes back. It always will. No matter how much you try to convince yourself that nothing will happen, it always will. Dues were needed to be paid by your father. However, you don't understand why you're the one paying the price. Or more specifically Jisoo and you. He couldn't let you live a good childhood or give you anything so why is it that when you find the one thing that made life worth living for you had to give it up for him? That's the story of your life. 

You sit there at the wedding planner's office with the witch you've been arranged to get married to but you don't listen to a single thing. You feel her hands touch your cheeks to get your attention. 

" Babe, I was asking if your father's going to be present at the ceremony? " The witch asks. 

" He's not going to be there. " You respond. 

" Oh really? That's a shame. Did he say why? " She asks 

" Because I don't want him there. " You respond in your head. 

After agreeing to the arranged marriage you made your father promise you that he would complete this one task you have for him for the rest of his life. When he said he promised he would you nod then you begin to state your proposal. 

" Don't ever call me your child. Ever again. " You said before walking out of the door of your house. 

Your father has never contacted you since then so he probably does know that he's not welcomed to the wedding because this isn't a true wedding. It's a marriage he forced on you because of his time to pay back everything he owes came and he didn't have anything else. Or maybe he was thankful that the witch was interested in you because he obviously couldn't pay it back money wise. 

" Well not to worry babe, it'll still be a good wedding even though your father won't be present. " She comforts. 

You just nod. 

At this point, you're just numb to everything and everyone. You could try to fight it and rebel but you know that the witch is most likely going to drag your family members down and she knows that you're too responsible and you care about your family. So you don't fight it, the marriage or her. But it didn't mean you let her be around you though. Sometimes she would get the message that you don't want her around you but, there are other times where she annoys you to death. You don't want to fight with her in case if she threatens your family so you just sleep and then she'll leave you alone. 

-------------------------------

 Jisoo stood by the counter of the cafe she works at staring at the seat you always used to sit waiting for Jisoo to finish her shift so the two of you can head back to your assigned dorms together. She wasn't shocked that you dropped out of university. It could be you or it could be the woman you're getting married to. But she didn't want to think about it. She didn't want to give herself hope when it probably wasn't true. She wonders when did you meet her? When did you decide that she was the one you would rather be with? What moment made you decide that you had to marry her? At what moment did she make you realize that she was the one for you and that Jisoo no longer was. 

" Kim Jisoo? " A voice calls out her name curiously snapping her out of her thoughts. 

" Uhm yes? I'm sorry but do I know you? " Jisoo asks 

The woman chuckles. 

" I'm Jennie, your ex's lawyer. I need to talk to you about their marriage. You can possibly stop it. " She remarks. 

" Why would I want to stop it? Aren't they in love with each other? " Jisoo replies sadly 

" That's why I need to explain this to you, Miss Kim. There are more things that you should know that your ex couldn't let you know because they were being controlled. " Jennie says. 

" What do you mean control? " Jisoo questions. 

" The whole marriage thing is a form of due that your ex's father had to pay off. He had no money to pay the woman back and the woman is interested in your ex so she decided that she didn't need his money but she wants your ex. " Jennie explains

" So that's why... " Jisoo mutters and Jennie nods. 

" However, here's what you should know if the due has to be paid by your ex-getting married to that woman then it can't be considered a done deal. To repay a debt it can't be repaid by giving away a person. Your ex's father owes the woman cash and he should have repaid the debt in cash. Most likely in the drawers somewhere they have a signed contract but they're just letting it go because the woman decided that she doesn't want money. However, this won't work on the behalf of your ex's father's terms. If the contract states cash then he needs to give back the exact amount of cash or he could end u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter