[F] Hug Me (Rose x You)

What If It's Your Last?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    It's been months since the breakup. Honestly, at first, you thought that you would never be able to move on from Rose. However, you surprisingly aren't suffering when it's been three months since it happened. But a lot of things happened during those three months. As soon as you moved in with Irene she helped you throw away everything that had any memories with Rose. Then you had her delete all your photos of her and you together off your laptop and phone. You didn't stay in the room when she was deleting the pictures. There was a reason why you had her delete the photos instead of you, you would probably end up staring at the pictures for a long time and not delete them. You needed to move on. Rose has already let you go so you should do it too. If it wasn't for her then you should do it for yourself so it saves you from all that pain. Next thing, you went out more often. It didn't matter what the reason was, you just always went out. Staying home would have made you think of her so you let yourself get dragged out by friends. However, when it came to meeting people romantically you didn't meet people at all. Any pick up lines used on you, drinks bought for you, numbers put into your hands or pockets you wouldn't accept any of them. You still haven't moved on from her as much as you thought and Seulgi noticed so she calls Irene to distract you and make sure you're not always hidden in your room.

   The two of you would stay in the apartment playing games all day, baking, cleaning, watching movies and even doing each other's laundry. You were thankful that Irene loves doing laundry. The only thing you thought that was fun about laundry was just loading them into the machine, adding detergent, and starting the machine. Other than that, there wasn't anything fun about laundry to you. Irene, on the other hand, made your clothes smell good and feel soft. 

" Can I marry you? " You joke while folding one of your shirts. 

Irene's cheeks were flushed at your question. 

" Wh-What? Why? " Irene asks. 

" Oh come on unnie, who wouldn't want to date you? You're a woman with looks, talents, and personality. " You remark

" Is this how you flirt? " Irene jokes.  

" Would you like to find out? " You ask with a wink. 

Irene chuckles and gently shoves you. 

" If you only knew... " Irene mumbles.

" Did you say something? " You ask 

Irene shakes her head. 

--------------------------------------------------

  Soon you would find yourself looking forward to hanging out with Irene. It didn't matter what you did, you just enjoyed being with her. Now the both of you would pretty much do everything together except shower, and going to the bathroom you stuck by each other's side every day. Soon it wouldn't be shocking that you developed feelings for Irene. However, things were different when you realized you found out you had a crush on Rose. Irene was someone older, she's wiser and she would have more expectations about their significant other compared to Rose. Not to mention would she even want someone like you? You were a young adult who barely knows much about the world and you don't have anything to give to her. A woman like Irene deserves everything the world can give her. Someone like her doesn't exist that often. You talk about this with Seulgi. Wendy would have yelled your entire confession out and Irene would hear. Joy and Yeri? They would use this to their advantage and plot things against you and that's the last thing you need. Seulgi's been friends with Irene for years so she naturally knows what Irene likes and dislikes. 

" Why don't you go on a double date with Wendy and me? " Seulgi suggests. 

" Wait what? But Irene and I aren't even official. We're not even a thing. " You answer

" Well then make it happen after the date. " Seulgi remarks. 

That's how you currently are in a cafe. Seulgi and Wendy sitting in front of each other. Irene in front of you. It was difficult for you to not throw your crumbled napkin at the couple. 

You were honestly nervous for this double date. Sure you've known Seulgi and Wendy for a long time. But just because they're going to be there doesn't mean it doesn't make you any less nervous since you're going to be going on a date with Irene. At some point in the middle of the date, you pretend you're looking something up when in reality you're taking a picture of Irene and you post it on Instagram. 

Honestly, I'm nervous really nervous. A date with someone like her. Am I even worthy of that?  

You finish writing the caption and you post it. 

Seulgi and Wendy see your post and squeal. Irene looks at you confused but then the three of you remember this technology challenged grandmother wouldn't know how to use Instagram.  However, the group chat with all of you including Joy and Yeri starts blowing up. Of course, it had to be the two of them that spam the chat with screenshots of your post. Before you can prevent Irene from looking at the messages, she's already seen the messages and her cheeks are flushed as she has a bright smile on her face. 

" I told you that you could make it official after this date. " Seulgi said. 

Seulgi yelps from being elbowed by you. 

And that's how the two of you became official. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jennie squeals as she shows everyone the post you posted on Instagram. Jennie knew that Irene's had feelings for you before Rose and you started dating. However, she didn't know how to tell you so it resulted in her watched Rose and you date from a far distance. 

" Oh wow finally? " Lisa comments. 

" Yep. I'm so happy for her! I'm gonna message her after this. " Jennie squeals. 

Rose hears the news of Irene and you and she knew this wasn't good. She shouldn't feel a knot tightening in her stomach. She should feel happy for you, you're dating someone that makes you happy. 

----------------------------------------------

Things with Junhoe are not like what she expected it to be. It wasn't what she imagined it to be. Not when every night she lays in the same bed that the both of you used to lay on and thinks of you. How she realized it was really easy to mend your relationship as long as the two of you said the three words and realized your faults. But she realized why you left. She was never home so you couldn't apologize, you couldn't say those three words to her. She didn't want to see you nor did she want anything to do with you. Tonight, she lays on her bed alone while you sleep in someone's arms. You tell them those three words every day in the morning, through texts, when you come back from work, and before you sleep. Wasn't she happy at first when things ended? So now why is there so much regret and yearning flowing through her right now?

At first things with Junhoe was everything she dreamed of it to be. He was the boyfriend that she always wanted and the relationship was like a dream. However, later three months in Junhoe couldn't stop talking about you. Trash talking, rumors, questions, he was constantly talking about you during every date and hang out to the point where his friends think he's gone insane. Even her own friends are wondering what's wrong with him. 

" What's with Junhoe constantly mentioning her? They never met before so why is he always talking about her? " Jennie asks 

Rose sighs and shrugs. 

" He makes it seem like a competition. " Lisa remarks. 

Rose stares at him, she was currently hanging out with his friends and hers. He kept talking about you to the point where Rose wished he would shut up. She sighs once more and looks back to her friends. 

Junhoe laughs as he cracks another joke about you. Not realizing you and Irene and a couple of other friends were behind you. 

" Hey, Jennie! " Irene exclaims as she hugs her. 

Jennie hugs her back. 

" Hey you, how are you doing? " Jennie asks as she gently punches your shoulder. 

You laugh. 

" I'm good. Dating her for three months why wouldn't I be? " You say as you kiss Irene's cheek and back hug her. Irene breaks from your hug hits your shoulder as her cheeks are flushed.

" Ew. It's too cute I can't handle it. " Jennie groans while Irene and you laugh.

If Jennie was here then obviously Rose would be here too and you weren't wrong. You see her sitting with Jisoo and Lisa. She sat there stiff. Ever since the breakup, this was the first time you've seen her after a while. You haven't talked with Jisoo, Jennie, or Lisa in a while too because things got awkward when Rose and you broke up. However, Irene's also close with Jennie so you couldn't do anything to avoid them. You greet Jisoo and Lisa while Rose doesn't even look at you. You can see Junhoe eyeing Irene up and you couldn't help but to hold her tighter. You don't like that he was looking at her like she was a meal and besides isn't he dating Rose? What is he doing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter