for her. // yumji

constellation of dreams
Please log in to read the full chapter

“You're staring again, Yuna,” Eunha snickers and nudges her friend lightly.

 

Turning her head sharply to face the short-haired girl, Yuna feels her cheeks heating up when she notices the small smirk on Eunha’s lips.

 

“Why don't you confess to Yewon already? I’m pretty sure she won't reject you,” Eunha rests her elbow on the table and props her chin on the palm of her hand, looking at the sophomore seated across their table. “We're in our final year, Yuna. We don't have much time until we graduate.”

 

“I'm extremely sure she doesn't feel the same way, Eunha,” Yuna sighs softly and glances at Yewon once again, instantly regretting her choice when Yewon suddenly looks up from her book and locks her gaze with hers. The sophomore flashes her a smile and gives a small wave, causing Eunha to hold back her laughter because for real, Choi Yuna is extremely whipped for Kim Yewon.

 

“Aish, you're a lost cause,” Eunha clicks her tongue and shakes her head in disappointment.

 

 

Yuna drums the pads of her fingers lightly against her guitar as she stares into nothing. She is alone in the music room, waiting patiently for Yewon to be done with her last lesson.

 

Not a lot of her friends know about her crush on the younger girl except for Eunha and Sojung. It wasn't her intention to tell them but the words somehow slipped off her tongue and she had no idea how to defend herself because she knows she could never lie to them.

 

You should confess to her already.

 

You should really make a move on her.

 

You should this. You should that. Yuna is slowly getting tired of hearing those words from her friends. If only Yewon isn't her best friend, she would have already made a move on her. Yuna does not want to risk her friendship with the younger girl.

 

“Ah…”

 

Yuna snaps from her daydream upon hearing the voice.

 

“Did I make you wait for long?” Yewon asks softly as she closes the door and heads over to the piano to place her bag on top of it. She then grabs a chair and drags it in front of Yuna.

 

“No, not really,” Yuna answers.

 

After settling down on the chair, Yewon takes the guitar away from Yuna with a mischievous smile on her lips. “Were you learning how to play a new song before spacing out like you always do?”

 

“I—” Yuna huffs and glares weakly at her best friend, making Yewon laugh. “But you're right there. I've been learning a new song.”

 

Yewon strums a random note before looking up at Yuna with curious-filled eyes. “What song?”

 

“It's a secret,” Yuju pretends to zip her lips up and crosses her arms across her chest after.

 

“Is it for the upcoming talent show?” Yewon asks with a small pout on her face as she rests her arms on the guitar.

 

Yuna feels her breath hitching in at the sight of Yewon’s pout and she immediately changes her gaze to the guitar, finding it more interesting at the moment. “Yeah, it's for the contest and the song is for you actually.”

 

Yuna has no idea why but she felt the need to tell Yewon that. She's not going to hold herself back anymore this time.

 

“You're making me even curious now, unnie,” Yewon whines softly.

 

The older girl chuckles quietly and takes the guitar back from Yewon, looking at her best friend with a warm smile after.

 

“The contest is in seven days, Yewon. I’m sure you can wait for that long.”

 

...

 

Yuna cannot deny how Yewon’s fingers fit perfectly with hers. The two are currently walking home together hand-in-hand and Yuna has never wanted time to go slower until now. Glancing at their intertwined fingers, she smiles subtly as she gently brushes her thumb across the back of Yewon’s hand.

 

“Can I stay over at your place today, unnie?”

 

Yuna stops in her track and looks at Yewon with a confused expression. “Why? I-I’m not saying that you can't but why all of a sudden?”

 

“I just miss sleeping in your arms,” Yewon simply replies and flashes Yuna a bright smile.

 

 

After having dinner with the Chois, Yuna and Yewon bid goodnight to the family before heading to the bedroom. Yuna had lent Yewon a t-shirt and a pair of shorts and the two are lying comfortably on the bed after taking a quick shower each.

 

Yewon, who has her head rested on Yuna’s shoulder, snuggles closer to her best friend, wanting more warmth from her. With her arm wrapped tightly around Yewon’s torso, Yuna tucks Yewon’s head under her chin and gives Yewon’s back gentle pats.

 

“Yuna unnie,” Yewon calls out softly, earning a hum from the said girl. “You know I love you, right?”

Please log in to read the full chapter