red light // sinb umji

constellation of dreams
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yewon walked alongside the haunting lights of La Luna. Little thoughts flew over the now-neon-lights-litted Seoul as her bare shoulders slowly embraced the gentle kiss of the night wind. She was alone, among the sea of people.

 

Her little steps came to halt at the red light crossing. Red lights are always noisy, Yewon hated them. It was green that moment, and all too hazy to be clear minded with the horns and vehicles passing through at light speed. All racing to get through the traffic and reach a place they call home.

 

Yewon didn’t have that. Or at least she doesn’t feel like so. Home to her is, something odd yet wonderful, something warm. Home to Yewon is a little something to look after the chaos in the red lights and crossroads. Home is love. But all she had was, cold windows and freezing atmosphere with a little scent of alcohol and tobacco.

 

The lights, they turned red. It was her time to go.

 

She walked slowly and gently, but firm. Not a single smile but a sigh escaped her little lips. She thought she was careful, but apparently she was wrong today. A small bump hits her back rather harshly. It was a girl, with a camera.

 

“I’m sorry,” The girl mouthed so. It wasn’t audible but Yewon knew, so she just nodded. Her focus turned to the girl’s camera. Interesting thing, the camera is. Within the eyes of different beholders, a snap could be a whole other different story, Yewon thought.

Please log in to read the full chapter