Noona

Noona ; woozi

"This is the first time I'm talking about this on broadcast. The fans know that I've never dated before, right? Actually.. actually.."

I unconsciously hold my breath. What do I expect? Hearing a love story of my former junior?

"When I was young, in middle school around first or second grade.. she's the noona I know. During elementary school, she thought of me as a cute little boy."

Lee Jihoon, you were indeed cute. And it doesn't change even now.

"She was always there when I played baseball."

I really liked your playing, Jihoon. You were the best. You were a cute shortie but you were one of the best players our school have ever had.

"I'm not sure whether she really likes me or she thought of me as a very cute little brother."

I'm not sure either, Jihoon. 
We were too young to understand those kind of things.

"Did you put that feelings into one of Seventeen's songs?" Wonwoo asked. 
Woozi didn't answer. 
"I know! It must be this part --

This situation, forever
Just the two of us, forever
Let's not believe that
First love never comes true" Jeonghan snapped. Woozi still doesn't answer, and the group goes wild knowing he liked a noona in middle school.

I turned off the TV. I'm not a boy-group enthusiast, but knowing my dearest junior Jihoon is going to debut in one, I checked them out -- and I end up loving them. 
I know that Jihoon is a really good singer, but I never know he would be that extra. His songs are somehow ear-catching and addicting, even when he only used a piano or a guitar and sang it in front of me. He was like only fourteen and his songs were already filled with so much feelings and sincerity.

"How was it, noona? I finished it last night. I gave it a slight change in lyrics," Jihoon hugged his guitar after performing his newest song in front of his favourite noona.

Dang, I can feel waves of random feelings all over my body. Should I feel, happy? Flattered? Or should I regret instead, that we might be something other than just a former schoolmates?

I walk out of my apartment. It was eight in the evening, and my neighborhood is already quiet. The wind growls on my ear, making me tighten on my black hoodie to block the cold.

My eyes landed on the old, brown payphone in the end of the road -- just right in front of my middle school.

"Noona, are you going home?" Jihoon shouted to me from the baseball court.

"I'm going to call mum to pick me! I'll be at the payphone!" I shouted back.

I'm feeling so cheap. 
Why am I being like this over a mere TV show? 
Jihoon didn't even act like it was that important. 
It was just a small story from his middle-school days.

Why am I being like this?

I walked towards the old payphone -- I bet it still works -- and took a deep stare. 
I can see the rust all over the door, the wires, and the phone itself.

I don't know for how long I've been staring at the payphone until I hear a familiar voice.

"Noona? Is that you?"

I turned my back to the familiar figure.

"Jihoon?"

"Noona? Why are you here at this hour?"

"Jihoon?"

"Noona, it's me. It's been years."

I can't believe my own eyes.

It's Jihoon.

I mean, Seventeen's genius composer, Woozi.

Draped in black jacket, his mint-green hair can be seen slightly from under his hoodie. He looks at me with that eyes of his, one of his brows going up in confusion. 
I blinked several times.

I thought I was hearing things, because I was missing him all of a sudden. But this is real. It's my cute junior, Jihoon.

--

We walked side by side into the dark schoolyard. Jihoon keeps his eyes down, staring at his shoes. I chuckled over his gesture.

"Stop staring at your shoes, Jihoon-a."

He doesn't answer.

"I don't know I'll meet you here, today." he whispers.

"It's been a really long time, Jihoon. I barely recognize you."

"Me too, actually."

"And how do you know it was me?"

"Who would stare at an old payphone, eight o'clock in the evening, alone? It must be someone who has memories over it. And the only person I know who has it, is you."

I take a glance on Jihoon. He was staring on the white goalpost, his hands inside his pockets. I smiled over the sight of his back.

He grow taller. He is indeed small, but he used to be shorter than me. But now, I barely reached his ear.

"Why are you here, Jihoon-a?"

"Why? Can't I visit my own hometown?" he answered, still standing there with his back on me.

"No, I mean.. the only thing I know for sure is your schedule is tighter than those girl-groups' jeans and.. "

"I know."

His sudden movement surprised me. By the blink of an eye, he already stands in front of me, staring into my eyes that makes me hold my breath.

"This is the only time I got -- and I come back home, gambling on the chance that I can somehow meet you."

"And I did. I met you."

I stared back into his eyes -- trying to find something wrong, but his eyes are telling the truth.

"Did you watch the broadcast?"

"I know you did."

"Jihoon-a, what's wrong with you?"

Jihoon put his hands on my shoulders.

"What's wrong with me? I can't get rid of these feelings even after all this years." Jihoon let his lips form a beautiful curve.

My shoulder shook.

Did Jihoon just confessed that he still likes me?

"What if she's looking for me? I'm looking for you. I came here with those thoughts. and here I am, now, with you." Jihoon walk closer, making me take a step back.

"Tell me, noona. Did you look for me?"

I stared on my shoes.

"You told me not to stare on my shoes, noona." he chuckled, lifting my face up using his finger.

"Tell me."

"I did."

Jihoon looks like he just won a lottery.

"I know it was kind of impossible to hope that you'll pop out of nowhere -- but I found myself hoping so -- and here I am, out at eight o'clock in the evening, staring at our memories."

Jihoon pulls me into his arms. He hugs me. Tight.

"I don't know I fell this deep, noona."

"I thought you were just a kid, Jihoon."

"I was. But I no longer am."

"I'm mature enough to write love songs with genuine feelings. And I love it, that you're my muse.."

--

Seventeen's newest track just got released, and I (again) am amused to this boy's composing skills.

But wait, I think I've heard the lyrics somewhere.

What if she's looking for me? I'm looking for you.

-fin-

----

I'M REALLY NOT OKAY SEEING WOOZI BEING SUCH A KID TELLING A STORY ABOUT THIS NOONA 🙈🙈 I'M REALLY IN LOVE.

(writing this on the phone got me so annoyed but woozi is so lovable so yeah)