Low Stamina

Low Stamina ; jeonghanxsinb

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. Why?"

"You sounds like you're running out of breath?"

Hwang Sinb raised her right eyebrow. She's on the phone with Yoon Jeonghan -- yes, that Jeonghan. The one in Seventeen. It is 2 AM, and Sinb just call him out of nowhere, based on her gut feelings.

"Why do you call anyway? It's over 2 in the morning, baby girl. Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

"Don't 'baby-girl' me!" Sinb shouted over the speaker, making Jeonghan chuckled on the other side.

No, don't misunderstand. Sinb is not Jeonghan's girlfriend, and Jeonghan is not Sinb's boyfriend.

Instead, Jeonghan loves calling Sinb his baby girl, because Sinb will get extremely upset everytime he does. And Jeonghan, somehow, likes it seeing her being upset.

"Go to sleep, Hwang Eunbi. You told me you have a schedule tomorrow -- nah, today -- right?" Jeonghan said.

"No before you tell me why do you sound so tired, Yoon Jeonghan."

Jeonghan chuckled, again. What's so funny about her, Yoon Jeonghan? She's scolding you and you still find her cute?

"I sound tired because I am tired, Eunbi-ya. I'll hang up now."

The line got disconnected.

Jeonghan smiled when his phone vibrates. Sinb just called him, again. Seungcheol looks at him weirdly. "Why are you smiling on your phone, Jeonghan-a? And who did you call baby girl?" Seungcheol jumped over his bed, taking a peek on the phone Jeonghan is holding.

"Hwang Eunbi?"

"GFRIEND's Sinb?"

"That Sinb?!"

"Woah," Seungcheol flipped back to his own bed. "Got your eyes on her, huh? Are you guys official already? Does anybody know?"

"You sound so curious, Coups," Jeonghan shrugged and reject the call. "We are not official. Yet."

"Yah, did you just rejected her call? What kind of guy are you?"

"I wanted her to sleep, it's 2 AM and she needs to be up at 5," Jeonghan answered, inviting a big aawwww you're such a sweet guy from Seungcheol. "You got yourself an answer, what kind of guy am I." He fiddled with his phone, sending her a short message.

To: Hwang Eunbi

Go to sleep. I'll call tomorrow.

"Anyways, are you sure you'll be able to join us in Music Bank tomorrow? Sure you're not gonna pass out?" Seungcheol asked, out of the blue. Jeonghan took a long sigh.

"It's Soonyoung's birthday tomorrow. There's no way I'll miss the broadcast," he put his phone next to his pillow and sunk himself into the blanket. "I'll be better tomorrow, I promise."

"You promise me, Yoon Jeonghan."

**

From: Hwang Eunbi

You okay?

Jeonghan didn't even read the message. He left the notification unopened, and gave his phone back to his manager. He flopped to the sofa right beside Seungcheol.

"You promised me you'll be better today."

"I am."

"You're not, Jeonghan-a. I'm telling Kyungho-hyung that you won't be on stage today."

"Don't!" Jeonghan pulled Seungcheol's arm until he sat back down on the sofa. "I had some aspirin, I'll be better in no time."

"You one stubborn guy," Seungcheol groaned. "C'mon, we're on stand by."

**

   

"Yah, Sinb-ya, has Jeonghan replied to your message yet?" Sowon asked Sinb -- who keeps on staring at her phone for like one hour.

"No, not yet.."

"Well, they just win on MCountdown, he must be telling you like usual."

"Should I text him again?"

"It's up to you. If you do, please tell him we say congrats."

Sinb stared (again) at her blank screen, hoping that a notification from Jeonghan will somehow pop out of nowhere. But still, there is none. She sighed, and text him again.

To: Yoon Jeonghan~

Congratulations on your sixth win, from Gfriend! Can I call? I haven't congratulate Soonyoung-oppa for his birthday, too.

5 minutes. 10 minutes. 15 minutes. The long trip from recording site to their dorm feels much longer, and still no reply. Should I call? But what if he thinks I'm nosy? Sinb fidgeted on her seat, resulting in her dropping her phone -- causing a loud thud echoing on the car.

"Hey." Sowon turned to face her. "Call him if you want to. He won't think you're nosy. He'll just find you adorable, believe me," Sowon turned back and wore her earphone again. Sinb pulled a long face.

Adorable? What the hell are you talking about unnie..

Sinb glanced at her shirt buttons. Maybe I should count my buttons.

Call him.

Do not call him.

Call him.

Do not call him.

Call him.

"Ah why should the buttons stopped at call him?!" Sinb unconsciously screamed in annoyance. Yuju sighed, then said, "Why should you obey what your buttons told you? Seriously Hwang Eunbi.."

"Ah I don't want to know anymore!"

And then Sinb's finger hit call.

"Hello?"

Wait, it wasn't Jeonghan's voice.

"Sorry? This is Yoon Jeonghan's phone, right?"

"Yes, you're right. This is Shim Kyungho. I'm sorry but Jeonghan is currently unavailable."

"Manager-nim?"

"Ah wait..Sinb-ssi? I'm sorry I didn't see the caller ID."

Sinb sighed in relief. "Ah, it's okay manager-nim. May I know where's Yoon Jeonghan?" The person over there were silent for a moment, then Sinb heard the voice got a bit farther.

"Guys, Sinb of GFriend is on the phone with me."

"Jeonghan's phone."

"Should I tell her? Or should I ask her to come?"

Sinb got tensed. Did I crossed the line? Am I being too nosy? Sinb's mind was full of negative thoughts until she heard someone screaming, "Tell her! Jeonghan-hyung will really like it if she can be here too!"

Although she was really curious (and also worried), she stayed silent until she heard Shim Kyungho's voice again.

"Ah Sinb-ssi, sorry to keep you waiting. The problem is Jeonghan is currently receiving treatment at X hospital. Do you want to come?"

"Oppa!" Sinb exclaimed, making all her members turned heads to her. Her manager looked at her through the rearview mirror, raising his right eyebrow.

"Can you drop me off at X hospital?"

"Huh?"

Even sleeping Yuju woke up and stared at her now.

"Jeonghan-oppa is there and I really need to see him."

**


Sinb pulled down her black cap and tighten her black jacket. She was lucky her manager always stocked black apparels on the van -- including caps and masks. She can't really be seen being in contact with Seventeen, right?

She walked calmly through the corridor, towards the information center. She pulled her mask down and hoping the nurse there won't recognize her, or at least obeys the ethics code for not leaking information to outsiders.

"Can I know where patient Yoon Jeonghan is being treated?"

"I'm sorry Miss, but only guardians can go in."

This is not good, she thought. She was just about to call Shim Kyungho again when the man appeared right before her eyes.

"She's with me," Shim Kyungho said to the nurse, making her nodded. "Come on."

"Can you tell me what happened, manager-nim?" Sinb asked, her face full of worries. Shim Kyungho can't not smile a little seeing the girl being so worried about one of his boys.

"He was just exhausted. He has been feeling sick for a few days but he insisted on joining today's live because it's Soonyoung's day," the older man sighed as both of them walked the corridor to Jeonghan's room. "He passed out right away when they finished recording the encore stage and celebrating Soonyoung's birthday."

"I see.."

"Here we are." Sinb and Shim Kyungho arrived in front of the treatment room, numbered 1004. "Wow, how can this be a mere coincidence," she gaped in awe. "I know right," Shim Kyungho replied and opened the door slowly. "Sinb is here," he whispered.

With awkward steps, Sinb walked into the room. The room was kind of crowded, and Sinb counted in silence just to make sure that the other 12 members were all present there. And there he is -- Yoon Jeonghan, sleeping due to the medication he received.

"I'm sorry to bother.." Sinb shyly stated, inviting smiles from all over the room. "Oh no it's really okay, Jeonghan will be really glad if he sees you right away when he wakes up," Seungcheol said. Sinb gave him an awkward smile -- she wasn't really close with any of Seventeen member except for Jeonghan and Soonyoung.

"Ah oppa, happy birthday," Sinb whispered to Soonyoung, who somehow make a way and stood right beside her. "It's a shame he fell ill on your birthday."

Soonyoung chuckled. "Thanks, and it's really okay, though," he said. "I'm kind of happy we get to rest on my birthday."

"By the way, we are going to leave now because of a radio schedule -- do you want us to drop you at your dorm?" Soonyoung asked. "Or do you want to stay instead?" He gave her a teasing grin.

"My manager will pick me in an hour, I guess," Sinb answered, cheeks bright pink. Soonyoung laughter exploded making all eyes on both of them. "Let's go guys, Sinb will stay here," Soonyoung elbowed the girl. "Good luck," he whispered, resulting in Sinb whacking his head in embarassment.

Sinb only watched the other 12 boys and Shim Kyungho leaving the room, bowing once in a while. And finally there she is, standing awkwardly beside the hospital bed -- not knowing what to do.

"I know you're there," a hoarse voice broke the silence. Sinb was startled, knowing there is nobody inside the room except Jeonghan and her.

"You're awake?"

"Yeah, but I'm too lazy to open my eyes." Jeonghan replied, eyes still closed.

Sinb dragged the nearest chair she can see towards the hospital bed, and sat near Jeonghan's head. "You low stamina-ed old man, the others are okay then why are you passing out by yourself?!"

"This is a hospital baby girl, control your voice."

"Don't 'babygirl' me!"

"And what's with your vocabulary? Low stamina-ed old man?"

"...."

Not hearing a reply from Sinb, Jeonghan opened his eyes. And the view he saw before his eyes made him sat down immediately and hugged the girl, tight -- although the IV on his arm making it difficult for him. 

"Hey, hey, are you crying?"

Sinb stayed silent, two big drops of tears wetted his hospital robe. 

"This is not you, though?" Jeonghan chuckled and tighten his embrace. His right hand patted the younger girl's head, waiting for her tears to stop.

Sinb pulled out from his embrace, face red -- "I'm so upset! Why are you so weak?"

Jeonghan laughed. Hwang Eunbi, indeed, he thought. He stretched out his arm and pinched Sinb's red cheek. "I'm sick and that's the only thing you want to say? Don't you feel worried, huh baby girl?"

"I demand you to say sorry to Soonyoung-oppa for falling ill on his birthday!" Sinb pulled out from Jeonghan's pinch, leaving him chuckling on her cute demeanor.

"I'm sorry for being an old man," he said with a small smile. "I feel healthy already."

"But manager-nim said you must be here for at least two days, though?"

"Because you're already here."

"Ha, you tried hard, bro."

My sweet talk won't ever work on her. Jeonghan let the corners of his lips form a small smile. 

"Are you sure you're not worried? Why are you here then?"

"I'm here to scold you."

"Then why did you cry earlier?" Jeonghan threw her a teasing smile, making her cheeks turned redder.

"I'm upset."

"Oh so my baby girl is worried about me." Jeonghan poked Sinb's arm. She made an annoyed face and took a step behind. 

"I'm going home."

"I dare you to go home."

"..."

"Ha, you still want to be here, right?"

"..."

"I miss you, Hwang Eunbi."

Jeonghan looked down, somehow afraid for seeing Sinb's reaction. He has always been a sweet talker to Sinb, but the girl never took it seriously. Usually he will also laugh it off, but this time he can't take it anymore.

He wanted Sinb to take his confession for real.

"I know you're sick, but you act like you're drunk." Sinb approached him with one brow raised, expressing her confusion on his words.

Jeonghan stared at her right into her eyes. 

A minute passed, and they're still staring into each other's eyes.

Sinb is the first one to break free.

"This is awkward," she stated.

"Let's make it not awkward anymore," he replied -- and pull her into another hug. Jeonghan stood up -- ignoring his twisted IV hose, laying his head atop of Sinb's head.

"Old man!"

"I really miss you and I mean it, Hwang Eunbi. If being sick means I can meet you, and you can stay with me like this, I won't mind being sick often," he kissed her head once. Sinb can feel her cheeks getting hot. "Don't you miss me too, Hwang Eunbi?" he pulled back and again, stare into her eyes.

"Please say you do."

"I do," Sinb looked down, trying to hide her bright red cheeks. 

Jeonghan chuckled, and brought her head to the crook of his shoulders.

"Hide here. I know you're embarassed, but thanks for admitting it."

fin

**

ah i hate mnet for not debuting my onibugi but i also thank mnet for sailing this ship <3