Surprise Welcome

Surprise Welcome

 

Marie couldn't believe she was doing this. She knew they agreed they'd see each other tomorrow, after the craziness of BTS returning from tour had settled down and they both had the whole day off. And she knew it was potentially risky. But she missed Suga so much her heart ached. She couldn't sleep at all last night knowing that he was coming back today. She'd stay towards the back of the crowd and not cause any trouble, she told herself. Just seeing him would be enough.

 

When the tinted van pulled up, her heart skipped a beat. The sound from the crowd was deafening with names of members, congratulations, and welcome homes as they started to exit the vehicle.

 

Marie couldn't help herself when she saw Suga. Figuring no one would notice if her voice was added to the chaos, she yelled out "Suga!" a couple times and waved. She smiled to herself and decided to yell "Yoongi!" as loud as she could ...which coincidentally happened right when there was a lull in the crowd's shouting. Suga's eyes immediately locked onto her and flashed with an emotion Marie couldn't quite read. She cowered down a bit and barely caught the very subtle nod he gave her, motioning towards the back of the building. She nodded equally subtly and hurried off red faced as the roar of the crowd increased. It all happened in an instant but she hoped no one noticed.

 

.:~*~:.

 

There was no way to sneak past ARMY so Marie went to a nearby cafe and waited for the crowd to disperse. After awhile, Suga texted letting her know the coast was clear and to meet him at the back entrance. Marie was beyond nervous. What was that look in his eyes? Was he mad at her? She knew she shouldn't have come. But she missed him so much while he was gone. He'd understand, right? She wrung her hands with worry until she got to the door. With eyes shut tight, she lifted her hand to knock. Before she got the chance, it opened and she was quickly pulled in. Apologies came spilling out before she even looked at him.

 

"Suga I'm so sorry. I know we said I shouldn't come and that it was risky but I missed you so much and my heart was aching and I hope I didn't ruin anything and please forgive me and..."

 

A soft chuckle cut Marie off. She finally took a moment to look at him. His face mask was pushed down and she was stunned by one of his signature smirks. "Your heart ached?" He backed her up against a wall.

 

"Well... I mean..." Marie stuttered before steeling herself with confidence. "Yes. I thought I couldn't live another minute without seeing you. I felt like I couldn't breathe." She looked directly at him and challenged him to about it, her desperation reaching her eyes.

 

He leaned an arm against the wall above her head, holding her gaze. "I felt the same way." His eyes softened as he gently held her chin and tipped her head up into a slow kiss. "I missed you so much" he whispered against her lips, before kissing them again.

 

Marie's heart was bursting at the seams. She hoped he wouldn't be mad but this was better than she could have imagined. 

 

Despite the electricity pulsing through her, Suga was taking his time. Couldn't he tell how much she needed his affection? At first Marie chalked it up to him being tired or maybe even teasing her. She tried to take control but Suga was unrelenting in his pace. Then she started to notice everything seemed deliberately placed and savored. Every kiss, every gesture, every breath. Like he'd planned it all ahead of time. As she calmed her internal storm, she started to feel the emotions he was conveying through his touch. Longing. Fatigue. Relief. Peace. And something else - something Marie was too scared to name.

 

She wrapped her arms around him, doing her best to convey her very similar feelings back to him. She ran her hands along his back, attempting to loosen the tension she felt there, even if only a little bit.

 

Suga pulled away to place his forehead on hers. "I dreamed of seeing you again more times than I can count." he whispered with eyes closed. Marie smiled and felt her face start to warm.

 

"I'm sure not nearly as much as I dreamed of you." She kissed him sweetly. "But now that you've seen me, I think it's time for you to go rest." As much as she wanted to stay, it looked to Marie like Suga might fall asleep standing up.

 

She gave him a hug before pushing him away. "Go. Dream of me one more night and I'll see you again tomorrow." She smiled and received a sort of sleepy gummy smile in return. He wrapped her in his own hug. Warmth and comfort washed over her.

 

After a few minutes he released her. "Until tomorrow." He tried to smile but it was interrupted by a yawn. Marie chuckled softly and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

 

"Until tomorrow." She echoed. She gave him one last push toward the building interior before heading out the door.