First Night

Diary Entry - Eundeok Married Life (Baekhera)

Soondeok’s diary

At long last, I married Prince Eun yesterday. Honestly I was scared to death yesterday when we found him locking himself in the room. I don’t care if he hates me or wants Haesoo to be his second wife, not at all. But if he hurts himself, then I’ll never be able to forgive myself. Thankfully he didn’t and the wedding went well – his brothers were all very nice to me, So said we can still hunt together! I love hunting with him – though he never liked hunting bears with me, he prefers wolves you see, but that’s alright. Father almost cried when he saw me in my bridal gown, I will sure miss him – my dear father has been taking extra good care of me, more than my siblings. Is it because I’m the youngest? Or the fact that mum died giving birth to me…is that why? Though I’ll be living with Eun’s family from now on, I will definitely go back and visit him often. Papa, you don’t have to worry about me.

All my Onni said ‘first night’ is the scariest, but I didn’t find it scary at all – instead it was quite pleasant! Sure Eun was mad about the marriage and all and said he’ll never recognize me as his wife, but gosh! How can anyone look so handsome even when he’s mad? He took up the entire bed last night so I slept on the floor, I don’t mind, I mean, I’m used to it already – sleeping on the floor in camps while fighting along my father. I must’ve been dead tired last night because after staring at my beloved husband for a while, I felt drained and the moment my head is on the floor, I dozed off. To think that I’m in the same room with my first love is more than I can handle.

Do I hope Eun will love me? That would be luxury, but I have hope. After all, we will be spending the rest of our lives together…I just hope he’ll return to his happy cheerful energetic self again soon.

 

Eun’s diary

I hate my life! I hate father for making me get married! I hate Soondeok! I hate Haesoo for rejecting my love! I hate everyone!

Yes, Haesoo actually knew all along that I like her, she knew! But she didn’t even do anything! And yesterday as I was drinking in my bedroom, I thought that she’ll agree to be my second wife – but she rejected it right in my face. I knew it was a mistake liking her…from the very start! That’s why they say never trust women! I swear, if I see Haesoo again, I’ll let her feel what’s it like to be rejected hard! The very thought of Haesoo kills me, yet everytime I look at my finger it reminds me of her. Maybe I should ask someone to rub it all off for me.

First night? Of course I didn’t sleep with her! I’d rather die than sleep with that woman! Never! To think that we are forced to live in the same room is painful enough. I swear, if she dares touch my toys in my room, I’ll kick her out!

I guess I need some wine to cheer me back up…the whole world seems dull now…is that why they say marriage is your grave?