ONE

Kyūsai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinki wakes up on time thanks to his loud alarm. He is still sleepy, of course. He stayed up until 2am and here he is now, awake by 6am. 

Usually, Jinki would sleep early at night as he doesn't have to study that much. Jinki is smart, he could have been selected to a medical college or an engineering college if he tried but where his passion lied was literature. He loves it wholeheartedly and he is sure that he is gonna love his job! Inspiring others with the passion of literature. 

Jinki is a person who didn't get to spend his life in the midst of a whole lot of peers. He never had a friend, well, a true friend. Since he was a kid he used to be the nerdy kid who would read a book in the class rather than playing around. When he was a kid it was such an annoying thing as people labeled him 'the already matured kid'. His relatives , aunties and uncles pointed out that he should be playing around with his cousins instead of reading books. But it was hard. Jinki , As a kid, really tried to get along with peers. But all the kids would ignore him and call him the nerd as he always got the top grades at school. After that Jinki didn't really tried. In the midst of all the heavy subjects, literature became his friend and companion.

Jinki's family owns a restaurant in Incheon. They aren't well educated and all but they were a good family to him. He has a younger brother, Kibum who is currently attending college ,majoring in fashion designing. Though their personalities are completely the different they would rarely fight. Jinki loves his brother dearly despite of the weird things that his brother is fond of. Odd nd weirdness,They consider it a family thing. The eldest kid was always a nerd , not normal but weird. The youngest was so obsessed with fashion , again not so typical for a guy. Jinki and Kibum are close brothers to some extent but they aren't the brothers to talk to each other every night to discuss how the day went.

When he came to Seoul for the college he preferred buying an apartment for himself rather than staying at his aunt's. He was never fond of his relatives. He did a part time job at a coffee bar to pay the rent and it wasn't that much hard for him as he was already used to serve customers at his family restaurant. 

When he got the job after the graduation he decided to quit at the coffee bar. It's a big thing for him. Another milestone of his life. 

Jinki's phone rings as just as he comes out from the shower. He hangs up the call rushing towards the cupboard to grab the ironed cloths. After getting dressed he goes infront of the mirror. He isn't a fashionable kind of guy but being neatly dressed on the first day to his first job was an absolute, obvious thing. He is going to be a teacher, a person who inspires others. Well, the teachers he met in high school weren't exactly up to his definition for the teacher, not even a bit. He mostly got treated well as he was the top student of the class and sometimes he got mocked by some teachers for his extra nerdness. Jinki didn't care. He is ready to become the person he believed in. A person who teaches life and inspires youngsters.

His phone rings again. He reaches the table to grab the phone and answer the call. 

"Oh..eomma"

"Yes, I got ready"

"Yeah, yeah, I studied a bit last day"

He chuckles.

"Of course, you don't have to worry."

"Thanks eomma"

"Love you too"

"Appa"

"Yeah, yeah, I am ready for the big day"

"Yeah,I'll come on the weekend. Will Kibum come too?"

"I'll definitely come then." Jinki's face gets extra brighten with a smile.

"No, he didn't"

"It's okay appa, he must be busy"

"Alright appa. Love you too. Good bye"

He hangs up the call and slips the phone to the pocket of his slack. 

He grabs his bag to get out of the apartment. His phone rings again when he's inside the elevator. He hangs the call up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter