Chance

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 57: Chance

 

Hanna and Minhyun stared at each other in silent. Jonghyun who saw that then tried to melt the situation with made a greeting. "Good morning.."

Hearing Jonghyun's greeting, Minhyun turned his head and greeted back, "Oh? Jonghyun ah.. g-good morning.." Even though Minhyun was smiling, but it was clearly seen from his face that he was nervous.

So did Hanna. She also look surprised to see Jonghyun suddenly appearing. She was afraid Jonghyun noticed the cold atmosphere between her and Minhyun. But fortunately Jonghyun was still smiling, like he didn't notice everything.

"Dongho and Minki hasn't come?" Jonghyun asked a rhetorical question.

Minhyun answered it anyway, "Yes, just like usual."

They must have been in an awkward situation again if Dongho and Minki didn't show up. But fortunately they showed up on time.

"Sorry. Sorry. You must have been waiting for long." Said Minki.

But Dongho savagely replied, "Why need apologized? They used to wait us.."

With that, Minki could only roll his eyes to Dongho.

 

They walked together to the bus stop, and Dongho initiated the conversation with asking Jonghyun. "I heard from Aaron hyung that you went to Gangneung yesterday. Why didn't you invite us? We all went to your house yesterday but it's empty."

Jonghyun was searching for a reason. "Ah, I don't want to trouble you again, guys.. You should spent your Sunday with your family."

"Stop thinking that you're troubling us, Jonghyun ah.. We even think that it would be better if you're not going there alone." Minki told Jonghyun.

Jonghyun glanced at Hanna, like asking her approval to tell them the information that he went to Gangneung with Hanna. But seeing Hanna bent her head down, Jonghyun concluded that he better kept quiet about it. "Ah, that's okay, Minki ya.."

But Jonghyun's answer made Hanna looking up to Jonghyun, asking in her mind why Jonghyun kept it secret. Jonghyun noticed that Hanna was surprised by it, so he gave a confirming smile to Hanna, telling her that it's okay if she's not ready to tell them yet. His smile somehow made her heart aches. What have you done, Hanna?

 

As they reached school, the kids were separated to their respective classes. Hanna sat next to Namjoo and studied as usual, but she kept thinking about Jonghyun, questioning whether he noticed her changed expression because of Minhyun. If Jonghyun really noticed it, Hanna was ready to curse herself.

 

Many pre-tests the kids done until lunch time they gathered again. Daehwi initiated the conversation with asking Hanna, "Oh, I just saw the necklace, is that new?"

Hanna was quite surprised to hear that question. So she could only answer in a soft tone. "N-no, this I got from Jonghyun."

"From Jonghyun hyung??” Daehwi asked again in disbelief.

Knowing that Hanna was nervous, Jonghyun took control. "I gave it to Hanna as a souvenir when I joined a National Olympiad in Jeju..” He explained it to Daehwi. “I'm sorry I didn’t buy you each, I didn’t bring much money that time.. And actually I gave it to Hanna as a present after she performed at Girl Spirit JTBC."

Listening at many reasons Jonghyun made, the kids could only nod.

Hanna bent her head down. She couldn’t lie to herself that she was indeed nervous. Like a part of herself feeling afraid if they found out about her relationship with Jonghyun, but the other part of her heart feeling unfair if she kept it secret.

 

The kids had to go through many pre-tests again until the night class, so they felt really exhausted when walking home. Reaching home, Jonghyun deliberately walked slowly to say good night to Hanna but he couldn’t do it because Minki forced him to go to the house faster to pack his clothes since this day Jonghyun started living with Minki. As they separated to their own houses, Hanna also left to enter her house.

 

Right before sleeping, Hanna got a phone call from Jonghyun. "Hello, Hanna..”

“Oh, Jonghyun ah...” Hanna naturally smiled as soon as she listened to Jonghyun’s voice.

“Hanna, I'm sorry I didn’t have time to say goodnight to you before .. I'm confused how to behave in front of the kids. I even call you right now from the bathroom."

“From the bathroom??” Hanna chuckled. “No need to be confused, Jonghyun ah.. I don’t mind if they know about our relationship. Is that even wrong?"

Jonghyun was silent for a moment, before asking, "Are you really okay?"

Hanna actually wanted to ask back, why he could think that she didn’t want their friends to know. But in reality, Hanna could only reply, "Yeah, it’s okay .."

Jonghyun heaved a relieving sigh before saying, "Aaaah, I guess I'm too nervous .. This is my first dating experience, Hanna."

Hanna laughed shortly. "Me too.”

"Sorry if I'm a bit awkward and not being able to treat you properly as your boyfriend."

Hanna chuckled. "Yaah .. What a boyfriend should properly do to his girlfriend anyway?"

"I don’t know .." Jonghyun laughed. But then there was a sound of Minki calling him. "Ah, Minki calls me.. I’ll hang up the phone call, okay?”

“Uh-uh..” Hanna nodded.

“Then.. Good night, Hanna.. Have a nice dream .."

"Yeah, you too."

Hanna naturally smiled. She never imagined being in this kind of relationship with Jonghyun. With him calling and sweetly saying good night to her is something that she thought would be just a dream.

Hanna heaved a sigh and smiled softly. She was somehow happy but she couldn’t throw away her anxiety. Will it last long?

 

In a different place, Minhyun was looking at the ceiling of his bed room, thinking why Hanna is now showing off the necklace Jonghyun gave her.

There may be no specific reason behind it. You think too far, Minhyun ah. Minhyun said to himself.

But if it was associated with Jonghyun went to Gangneung -though Aaron only told the kids that Jonghyun went to Gangneung, without mentioning who he went with-  Minhyun somehow guessed that Jonghyun went there with Hanna.

Yes, I think they went together. Ah, what really happened? I’m going crazy!

 

-00-

 

Morning came again and Hanna deliberately set the time when she should went out of the house so she shouldn’t have to be in awkward situation with Minhyun again. But fate was really playing them. Once she went out of the house, Minhyun was standing alone, looking down, playing a small stone with his feet. He looked up when he heard the gate of Hanna's house opened.

"Oh?" Hanna again couldn’t help but to be surprised. "Mm.. Where's Jonghyun?" Hanna accidentally mentioned a man whose name she didn’t want to mention in front of Minhyun.

"I think he's waiting for Minki, they live in the same house now." Minhyun answered softly.

Hanna could only reply, "Ah, yes ..."

There was a silent for a moment until Hanna gave the idea, "Why don’t we go pick them up?"

Minhyun simply nodded and followed Hanna to Minki’s house. As expected, Jonghyun was ready, but he was still waiting for Minki. Jonghyun was a little surprised to see Hanna coming with Minhyun, but he still gave a smile.

"Woah, you even come here. Minki yaaa they are coming."

"Yes, wait a minute .."

As Hanna and Minhyun sat on the sofa in the living room, Jonghyun naturally asked Hanna. "Hanna ya, did you sleep well last night?"

That question was enough to make both Hanna and Minhyun startled. Even Jonghyun himself was also surprised how the words can come out of his lips.

"Yeah, I sleep well last night .." Hanna answered softly. "How did you spend the night here? You slept with Minki?"

"Yeah .. he said for the first day he wants to sleep with me" answered Jonghyun.

Being in this situation, Minhyun felt like he was a stranger. Fortunately it didn’t last long because Minki was ready and they went to school as usual with Dongho.

 

-00-

 

They studied as usual until the lunch time arrives. They started to eat while chatting, they talked about the pretests they did yesterday and how it felt really exhausted. The conversation ran smoothly, but suddenly they all fell silent as Jonghyun suddenly gave a piece of his meat to Hanna's plate while saying, "Eat a lot, Hanna ya.. I like to see your chubby cheeks. It makes you prettier.”

Jonghyun naturally said it without him even realizing the effect of his words and action combined. And it made everyone shocked, including Hanna.

Knowing that everyone was silent, Jonghyun just realized what he had done. "Aaaah, I mean ---" Jonghyun intended to cover up his mistake but he also confused how to say.

Ong who joined lunch this day with the kids, suddenly asked, "Well, are you both dating?"

The question made Jonghyun and Hanna's face flushed red. There was a temporary silence, because neither Jonghyun nor Hanna wanted to answer. Hanna really wanted to answer that question, but somehow her lips won’t move. Apparently she was unable to admit it in front of Minhyun. Hanna could only hope Jonghyun didn’t cover it now. Because if he did that again, it would make Hanna feel even guiltier.

Like being able to read Hanna's mid, Jonghyun finally answered Ong's question with a soft but firm tone, "Yes, we're dating."

"WHAT??”

“REALLY ???"

All of the kids were surprised by that revelation. But the most shocked person in the group was none other than Hwang Minhyun.

His stare dropped, his hand holding the spoon felt weak. And Hanna noticed it all, because they sat oppositely.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter