Stupid in Love pt.2

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 49: Stupid in Love pt.2

 

 

While Minhyun was having consultation with Ong, Hanna was having an interrogation by Namjoo.

"Hanna, why are you so quiet today?" Namjoo asked.

"Uhm? Nothing.." Hanna responded lazily while resting her head on the table.

"Are you jealous with Jisoo?"

Namjoo's question could make Hanna jump from her seat. "What?? No! How could you think like that?"

Namjoo was satisfied that her question could trigger Hanna. But she tried to act calm with explaining more. "It's just.. you don't give any reaction at lunch when Daehwi revealed what happened.."

Hanna sighed. "Should I give any reaction?"

"No, but seriously you're too cold. Yesterday too. Why'd you suddenly approach Jisoo right after Minhyun returned her umbrella?" Asked Namjoo.

Hanna couldn't answer her question, she didn't know how to explain to Namjoo about the umbrella incident, moreover with the sleeping incident.

Didn't wait Hanna to answer her question, Namjoo told again, "Listen, I don't mind if Minhyun end up with Jisoo or any other girl, but somehow I feel like he better be with you."

Namjoo's statement this time could make Hanna's eyes nearly popped out. "What are you saying, Namjoo ya?!"

Seeing that, Namjoo really wanted to laugh but she tried to hold it with replying, "I don't know! Somehow I feel that Minhyun likes you, Hanna."

Hanna froze for a moment before saying, "Don't give me nonsense."

Namjoo didn't want to stop. She even added, "And you like him too."

"What?? Namjoo you're hallucinating!" Hanna responded fast

"Yeah, maybe you just don't realize it because your feeling for him is wrapped up nicely in a comfortable friendship, but who knows deep inside both of your hearts, you want more than to be  just a friend."

Hanna was dumbfounded. She tried to get back her sense before replying, "You better drink meds, Namjoo ya.. I guess you're sick." She said it before standing up leaving Namjoo who was laughing by herself. She was really satisfied in teasing Hanna.

 

 

-00-

 

 

After the night class end, Hanna felt nervous because that means she need to meet Minhyun as they walked home together. She wanted to avoid him, but she couldn’t. It will be weird if she didn't go home with the kids.

So she tried to throw away the word 'jealous' from her mind before meeting Minhyun. But out of expectation, Minhyun didn't acting up like what he did yesterday or even this morning. He looked like avoiding Hanna's stare.

Hanna was then thinking in her mind, Did I do something wrong?

Oh! Is he really want to stop caring for me?

Seriously Hwang Minhyun, why'd you always obey me?

Hanna grumbled in her mind.

 

Hanna was a bit bitter when Minhyun didn't tell her goodnight. She went to her room, plopped her body on the bed, and buried her face on the pillow.

What's wrong with me?

Do I really jealous?

No! It's not jealousy.

Minhyun is only a friend.

She rolled her body so that she could stare at the ceiling. She was silent for a moment remembering what had happened between her and Minhyun.

Hanna sighed. But why do I feel sad that he's really not caring for me anymore?

That's what I told him to do, right?

You're so stupid, Kwak Hanna!

 

 

-00-

 

 

The night turned to morning, the morning turned to noon.

And the kids already gathered at the cafeteria again for lunch.

This time, Ong Seungwoo joined them.

"What are you doing here??" Minhyun directly asked him, feeling uncomfortable that he was joining.

"Why can't I join? I'm your friend too.. Ah, no! I'm more like your private love consultant."

Ong's words got the kids' choking up.

"Woah seriously the words from a famous Playboy." Daehwi commented.

“But really, he comes to me every time he had love problem.." Ong said it casually but it was enough to make Minhyun's blood boiling.

"Stop saying nonsense, Ong Seungwoo." told Minhyun firmly.

But Ong could only give a grin before continuing, "Daniel told me yesterday that it was Jisoo.. So, who's the other one?"

"THE OTHER ONE??" All the kids were synchronizing to ask back.

"Daebak, how many girls you try to hit on, hyung??" Daniel asked.

Meanwhile Minki screamed to Ong, "Don't teach Minhyun to be like you, Ong!"

While the rest of the kids replied Ong with comments, Namjoo, Dongho, Jonghyun, and Hanna were thinking whom Ong called with the other one.

Minhyun was nervous, he could sense that his friends started to get suspicious. So when Ong opened his mouth to talk again, Minhyun directly fed him with a chicken, trying to stop him from saying anything.

 Stop revealing my secret, Ong Seungwoo!

 

 

-00-

 

 

Minhyun observed Hanna and he felt that Hanna become a quieter and her face somehow looked annoyed. After many consideration, Minhyun decided to have a talk with her.

"Hanna..” Minhyun called softly as he grabbed Hanna’s hand to stop her from following Namjoo.

In a blink of an eye, Minhyun took Hanna outside. “What do you want, Nyeon?” Hanna asked as she shoved Minhyun’s grip on her hand.

“Are you jealous with Jisoo?" Minhyun asked softly but firm

That question made Hanna opening her eyes widely. "What?? Jealous??" Hanna chuckled, showing that it was indeed a stupid guessing. She told Minhyun, "Did I tell you that I don't care---"

"Then tell me why you are acting strange since yesterday!" Minhyun cut her words.

And it successfully made Hanna silent for a moment. She took a deep breath before saying, "Listen Minhyun ah, I'm NOT jealous. I’m angry!” Hanna told Minhyun softly but firm. She tried so hard not to take any attention from other students surrounded them.

Hanna walked closer to Minhyun and continued to tell him, “Do you know why I'm angry? That's because you're so stupid. How could you leave Jisoo to pick me up? Okay, I should apologize first for disturbing your date. I would never make a call if I have known that you were in a date. But you could have just ignored me. You should have been selfish, and said no to me--"

"I won't say no, Hanna.” Minhyun once again cut her words. And it made both of them in silent.

Minhyun added, this time more softly, “I can't say no to you."

Somehow Minhyun’s words could evoke Hanna’s emotion. She asked fast, "Then if I ask you to jump off the cliff, will you jump??"

"Yes, I will." Minhyun answered without thinking.

And it made Hanna lose her patience. "HWANG MINHYUN!!" She screamed so loud until all of the students who were near her turning their heads, looking at her.

"You seriously.." She muttered that word before leaving Minhyun, standing alone feeling dumb over his own answer.

 

 

-00-

 

 

Hanna was really mad. She couldn’t believe Minhyun was that stupid. She came back to the class with overflowing anger. She directly sat on the chair, hands’ folded on the table and then she buried her head inside it. She muttered “Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.”

Seeing that, Namjoo asked, “What’s wrong with you, Hanna?”

Minki and Daehwi also asked, “Hanna, are you okay?”

But Hanna couldn’t say anything. She was really confused over what had happened. What Minhyun mean behind his stupid answer, Hanna didn’t really understand it.

 

Hanna became so quiet until the school ended. This time she knew she would soon meet Minhyun. But she decided to avoid his stare at all cost. Even if Minhyun talked to her, Hanna determined to not give any reply.

Hanna chose to walk in the furthest position from Minhyun, trying to hide her body using Dongho’s big body who walked next to her.

But then Minki started a conversation with mentioning her name. "Hanna, you're really quiet since yesterday, is something happened?"

Hanna cursed Minki in her mind, why he need to ask that thing in this situation. But she kept trying to answer, "Ah, no.. I'm just feeling tired.."

"Why? Are you in insecurity phase again?" Dongho’s words made everything worse. He even added, "I have to admit that Jisoo is prettier than you.. but you also have an attractive side, Hanna.. So you don't have to---"

Dongho couldn’t finish his words because Hanna hit his head so hard. "Aaargh! Why??"

"This is my attractive side, you like it, uh??" Hanna asked Dongho while showing her fist, felt really annoyed.

But Dongho could only chuckle. "Kwak Hanna you really!"

Minki was laughing to see Dongho and Hanna’s interaction, but Minhyun was silent. He stared at Hanna silently, wondering whether she is jealous or purely just feeling guilty.

Do you really not like me, Hanna?

 

 

-00-

 

 

Both Hanna and Minhyun went to their home without saying anything to each other. Hanna was thinking what the actual reason behind Minhyun’s action to her, meanwhile Minhyun was thinking what actually Hanna feeling for him.

Minhyun somehow tried to reconnect everything and felt stuck. He really wanted to ask Hanna directly what she was feeling for him, whether it was just a friend, or she started to like him. But it was too risky. Even just right now, Hanna was really awkward when she was with him, so Minhyun still didn’t have enough gut to take the leap. But he felt the need to stop this awkward situation. He wanted to straighten out this tangle thread. The interconnected threads from the umbrella incident to this confusing jealousy-guilty feeling. Minhyun didn’t want Hanna to stay away. Minhyun just simply couldn’t.

So he decided to go to Hanna’s house.

"Hannaaa, Minhyun is looking for you.."

Mrs.Kwak’s voice made Hanna jumping from her bed. Minhyun??

“Hannaaa, what are you doing at your room? I know you haven’t slept..” Hanna’s mom was really persistent, asking from the TV room.

Meanwhile Hanna was confused why Minhyun had to come to her house this night, should she went out to see him or not. But it will be awkward if her mom ever let him to go to her room, so she decided to go out.

Once Hanna came out, Minhyun directly approached her with a ball on his hand. "Hey, Hanna.. Let's play basketball!"

"What??” Hanna was dumbfounded. “Why suddenly?"

"Why not?"

"No." Hanna answered simply.

"Why?"

"Why??” Hanna asked back. “I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter