Things Don't/Done Change

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 40: Things Don’t/Done Change

 

“Unnie, how about this person? Do you know him?” Hanna asked as she pointed on a photo next to Nam Jihyun.

“Oh? Nam Taehyun? Why?” Sujin asked.

“I don’t know. I think I ever met him.” Hanna answered without taking her stares from that photo.

“If Jihyun is introvert. This guy is a total solitude. He didn’t make friends. I can even say that he’s a little bit weird. Like he has his own world. Where you met him?” Sujin asked.

“Where? Mmm..” Hanna was thinking for a moment, but then she remembered. “Ah! I know where I met him! Jamsil stadium!”

“What???” Minhyun directly screamed.

“And... yesterday…. near school.” Hanna added as she looked panic.

This time both Minhyun and Dongho screamed. “Could it be.... No. That’s impossible.”

“Oh My God!” Hanna covered in panic. “What should we do then??”

“Wait, do you suspect Taehyun? That he is the scammer?” Sujin asked in disbelief, meanwhile Hanna could only nod in afraid. “Don’t make an abrupt assumption, Hanna. Let’s confirm it first. I’ll ask my friend for Jihyun’s number, then I’ll ask her by myself whether she know Minki or not. Okay?”

The three of Sujin’s dongsaengs were nodding.

“For now, just go home. It’s already late night..” Sujin told them. “I’ll tell you once I get an update..”

“Yes, unnie.. please tell me if you have checked on Jihyun ssi.” Hanna begged.

Sujin nodded firmly.

 

Then Minhyun ushered Hanna and Dongho until the gate of his house. There, Hanna was still talking about Minki. “Don’t you guys feel scared? Somehow I feel like it’s better to deal with Jihyun ssi than that Nam Taehyun. The fact that he kept following Minki means he’s stalking him. Who knows if he’s around here right now? Oh My God, what should we do??”

“Don’t worry, Hanna. If you saw him again, just tell me, I’m ready to punch him!” Dongho said it emotionally.

But Minhyun replied with his soft deep tone. “Don’t be careless, Dongho ya. We better be careful. We should know his character, his background, and the most important is his motive in approaching Minki. Then, we can make a plan to face him.”

Dongho smirked for a moment, “Typical words from a man of plan.” but then he agreed. “But you’re right. I think before we face him, we should think how we can face Minki. I hope he can share what actually happened with him to us.”

With that words, Hanna and Minhyun nodded while sighing. They believe that they should talk about it with Minki, but the problem is, does Minki want to talk about it with them?

 

-00-

 

In the morning they needed to face reality that Minki didn’t even allow them to meet him.

“I’m sorry, I think Minki will skip school for today too..” Mrs. Choi told them.

“Is he still sick, Auntie Choi?” Jonghyun, who was previously told about the kids’ findings last night, asked Mrs. Choi in worry.

“Yes, he get a cold sweat. He also kept throwing out his foods. I have given him some meds, but there’s no improvement.” Said Mrs. Choi sad.

“Can we see him, Auntie?” Hanna asked fast.

“He’s sleeping right now..” Mrs. Choi looked contemplating, but in the end she told the kids. “Actually  he told me that he didn’t want to meet anyone.. Is there something happened?”

With that question, the kids were looking at each other in confuse. But Jonghyun took control, “No, Auntie.. maybe he just got stress over SAT Preparations.”

“Aah, it can be.. I shouldn’t push him to study harder.” Mrs. Choi bent her head down for a moment before she looked up again and told the kids, “Thank you so much for taking care Minki. You all should also take care of yourself, don’t sleep too late, eat a lot, and don’t be stress. If you feel like you are done with studying, you can go outside and play. Your health is more important than your SAT score..” Mrs. Choi said it tenderly and it touched the kids’ hearts. If she knew what happened to his son then she might be really really sad.

“Yes, Auntie.. We’ll excuse to go to school.” Jonghyun said it as he bowed and soon it was followed by the other kids.

 

Along the way to school, the kids were discussing about Minki at the back seat of the bus.

“He must be stressed.” Minhyun suddenly voiced out his concern.

“Who won’t be stressed when finding out that you have been deceived this entire time?” Dongho commented.

Jonghyun sighed, then replied, “It will be easier if Minki want to cooperate with us. But for now, it’s better to let him rest. We should work it by ourselves.”

“Work it?” Hanna who was sitting next to the window peeking out to see Jonghyun. “What’s your plan?”

“I’ve discussed it with Minhyun last night. While waiting for Sujin noona’s confirmation on Jihyun ssi, we should gather any information regarding Nam Taehyun. What kind of person he is and his motive in approaching Minki. Hanna, you can ask Aaron hyung, maybe he know him since he is his hoobae in top social class.”

“Okay..” Hanna nodded.

“Jonghyun and I will try to ask social class A’s homeroom teacher. He must have the data about him and maybe he know him personaly.” Minhyun said it in a worry tone. He was scared to find out the truth, scared that the truth will only reveal the darkness beneath.

Fortunately Dongho’s next question woke him up. “Then what should I do? You won’t give me work?”

“You can ask your dad, Dongho ya. He is PE class teacher, Nam Taehyun must have been in his class before.”

Minhyun’s answer surprised Dongho. “My dad??” He looked disappointed with the work the geniuses gave him, but he couldn’t think other than that. “O-kay..”

 

 

-00-

 

The kids couldn’t be focus on class, all they could think was Minki. They spent break time and even lunch to gather the information about Nam Taehyun. Then, they decided to discuss it at the school garden after the day class end because they couldn’t discuss it freely since they wanted to keep it secret from Daniel, Daehwi, and Namjoo.

Minhyun started, “First, noona has told me that she has contacted Nam Jihyun. Nam Jihyun told noona that she didn’t know Minki. That means we really need to face this Nam Taehyun.” He ended with a sigh.

Jonghyun added, “We also have asked the homeroom teacher but he couldn’t say much about Nam Taehyun. He’s like a closed book. What the teacher know is that Taehyun live with his uncle since his parents pass away. But the teacher never meet Taehyun’s uncle even once. He also didn’t come when Taehyun’s graduated.”

Dongho responded fast. “Dad also say the same about that guy, that he’s kind of problematic. Dad even told me not to make any trouble with him.”

“I also have asked Aaron oppa. He didn’t really know him, but he told me that Taehyun is weird. Moreover since his bestfriend transferred school.” Hanna explained the information he got and it surprised the rest.

“He has a bestfrie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter