Decision

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 32: Decision

 

Sunday morning was coming.

Minhyun was still rolling on his bed smiling foolishly as he reminisced his moment with Hanna yesterday. He never expected the twist. A happy twist at least for him.

Actually, he already prepared his heart when he sent Hanna off to confess to Jonghyun because he knew Jonghyun would say yes. He knew that his best friend is also having feeling for Hanna. But he never thought it would turn out to be like this.

"If he know that Hanna will confess to him, would he still leave her like that?” Minhyun thought and blurted out, “Jonghyun is really a fool."

Thanks to him leaving Hanna alone, Minhyun could get a chance to taste how it feels having a date in a beautiful spring with Hanna. Minhyun was smiling from ear to ear again.

But then something popped out in his head. "But something feels strange. Why he had to call me and tell me to accompany Hanna?"

Minhyun was trying to reconnect everything. "Helping the chef to check the ingredients stock? He never mentioned that agenda before. Even mom never ask the waiter to help her do that kind of things."

Minhyun was silent for a moment. His heart dropped. "Did he really do it deliberately?"

 

-00-

 

Didn't take him long, Minhyun went to Kim residence to have a talk with Jonghyun. As soon as he went inside the house, he made a greeting to Jonghyun's dad. "Anyeonghaseyo, Uncle Kim.."

Mr. Kim smiled and signed Minhyun that Jonghyun was still sleeping in his room.

"Oh, it's okay Uncle.. I'll wait in his room." Minhyun said it before he proceeded to Jonghyun's room. But then he stopped in the halfway to ask Mr. Kim, "Uncle Kim, have you get breakfast?"

Mr. Kim nodded and smiled.

"Ah, ye.. Then, I'll go inside.."

 

Minhyun found Jonghyun was still in his deep sleep. It was shown from his face that he was tired. His eye bag was getting bigger and darker. And it ached Minhyun's heart. But remembering the possibility of what he did yesterday, Minhyun told himself not to be weak. He came to seek the truth. And if his presumption was true, he won't easily forgive him.

 

Minhyun killed the time with tidying up the room. It didn't need a big effort to tidy Jonghyun's room since he was actually pretty neat and tidy just like Minhyun. His lacking was only he rarely put the books back on the shelves after he read it. So, Minhyun only need to take the books that were laying on the floor and put it on the desk.

"Introduction to Medical Terminology." Minhyun read the title of the book and chuckled. "He's unbelievable. How could he read the book for university student?"

Jonghyun was really serious if it related to his dream. But it was reasonable, since he really wanted to make his dad, the only family he had left, to be happy. He even told Minhyun that the reason for him to take interest in medical is also because of his dad. Jonghyun wanted to understand his dad illness better so he could treat him better.

But it wasn't the only reason. Jonghyun also wanted to understand the connection of the accident with the loss of talking ability his dad have to suffer. He understood why his dad's leg has to be amputated, but he couldn't understand why his dad has to also lose his vocal function. Jonghyun regretted why he didn't ask the doctor to give him a proper explanation at that time, because later he found that losing the vocal function is much more hurting than losing the leg.

“If dad didn't lose his vocal function, he might have stopped mom from leaving.”

Minhyun's suddenly feeling sad as he remembered the time Jonghyun tell him that words. "Aish. Don't be weak, Hwang Minhyun." Minhyun reminded himself.

 

At the same time, Jonghyun woke up from his sleep. "Minhyun ah, what are you doing?"

His questions made Minhyun jumping in surprise. "Oh? Ah... mmm.. just come.." He slowly approached Jonghyun on his bed while Jonghyun stretching his arms.

Minhyun sat on the side of the bed and asked, "When did you come last night?"

"11.30. It was really a busy Saturday night." Jonghyun answered sleepily.

Minhyun was confused at how he should ask regarding his presumption about Jonghyun deliberately giving him ‘the chance’, but he asked anyway. "Have you done helping the chef to check the ingredients stock?" Stupid question, Minhyun thought.

Jonghyun simply nodded.

"Did you.. did you really leave Hanna because of that reason?" Minhyun carefully asked.

But that question was enough to surprise Jonghyun. "What are you talking about? Do I have another reason?"

"No.. it's just..” Minhyun paused for a moment before finally asked, “Why'd you have to call me?"

Jonghyun straightened his back and told Minhyun. "I wanted to offer her to walk her home, but she chose to stay at the library. And that made me feeling guiltier. That was why I called you to accompany her, I didn't want to leave her alone."

Minhyun observed the sincerity in Jonghyun’s answer as he tried to confirm it, "Really?"

But Jonghyun laughed. "Ya Minhyun ah, what's wrong with you? Coming here in the morning interrogating me like this."

That woke Minhyun up from his presumption. "Ah.. no.. I'm just.."

Minhyun must look so stupid at the moment, but fortunately Jonghyun change the subject with asking, "Is...she mad at me?"

Minhyun nodded. "Yeah.. She’s really mad at you.. You better apologize to her."

Jonghyun nodded as he bent his head down.

"I'll go.." Minhyun directly tried to go away from the stupid action he made.

Jonghyun laughed at him and screamed, "You already want to go? You just want to ask that? Ya, Hwang Minhyun.."

When Minhyun was already disappearing from the sight and Jonghyun stopped his laugh and heaved a heavy sigh.

 

He lied again on the bed and stared at the ceiling as he talked to himself, "Did I make a mistake?”

He heaved a heavy sigh as he remembered what had happened for the entire weeks, how one thing connected to another things that lead him to his decision.

 

Flashback

The day when Jonghyun met Hanna at the corridor in front of his class.

"Minhyun ah!!!" Hanna was running to Minhyun.

Jonghyun wouldn’t be suspicious if Hanna wasn’t looking shocked as she saw him. He still greeted her. “Anyeong, Hanna ya..”

But Hanna replied stutteringly. “Oh, an-anyeong. “

“Do you want to talk with Minhyun?” Jonghyun asked her.

“Ah, no... I’m just passing by and greeting him.. Yeah.. “

Hanna really looked awkward, like she has been caught off something. And Minhyun could only chuckle seeing her like that. That made Jonghyun noticing something off between them, like they kept something secret from him. But he couldn’t do anything about it. He stayed silent.

 

The day after, Minhyun turned to be in a bad mood. Like he was being sulky the whole day. Even it wasn’t only Jonghyun wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter