Angel

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 26: Angel

 

The peaceful Saturday morning Minhyun had was disturbed when a particular voice blaring his house.

"Hwang Minyeeoooonnn!!" Hanna was screaming Minhyun’s name as she went inside the house.

Minhyun directly got up and went out from his room in panic. "Why? Why?"

"I get selected!" Hanna exclaimed.

"What??"

"I get selected on the show!!!"

"Oh My God, congratulations Hanna ya!" Minhyun naturally pulled Hanna inside his hug and Hanna comfortably hug him back.

 

But their moment have to end when Sujin came out from her room while asking, "Do you get selected?"

Hanna pulled apart from the hug and answered her question excitedly. "Yes, Unnie.."

Sujin approached and hugged Hanna. "Congrats.. Don't forget to ask the bet from your brother."

"Ah! That's rightI I almost forget." Hanna grinned happily. "But what's more important now is that I have to prepare a performance in only a week?! Can I do that?"

"Of course you can! You submitted the video a day, don't you remember?" Minhyun responded fast.

"Yeah, but preparing for performance means including the song, the outfit, Oh! It’s also written that I can bring back dancer. That means I should dance?? But I can't dance!" Hanna started panic.

Knowing the situation, Optimus Hwang took the lead, “Let’s gather all kids, we’ll discuss it together!”

 

 

Soon enough Dobong dong kids, except Jonghyun who still had his Olympiad preparation weekend meeting, gathered at Hwang residence to help Hanna prepare her performance.

“The first thing to decide is the song. What’s your concept, Hanna?” Dongho asked.

“Concept?” Hanna tilted her head, thinking the answer of Dongho’s question, but she couldn’t figure it out, so she only said, “Mmm, I don’t know..”

Dongho sighed.

Minki tried to help with asking, “What’s genre you like?”

“Any kind of genre.” Hanna answered fast.

And it made them sighing again.

“Okay, what song you did you sing for the submission video?” This time Minhyun tried to help.

Hanna simply answered, “Seo Chanwhee- Tears.”

But it made them surprised. “WHAT?? Really?”

Hanna nodded innocently.

With that, Minki concluded, “Okay, so your concept is retro.”

Feeling confused, Hanna wanted to ask Minki, but Dongho has taken the chance. “Why retro?”

Minki turned to Dongho to explain, “Maybe JTBC chose her because she’s the only person who choose Seo Chanwhee song to be their submission song.”

“Aaah, it could be..” Dongho nodded firmly. “Anyone might have chosen IU or Girls Generation song, but you chose Seo Chanwhee..” It brought laughter to the others, except Hanna.

She was still confused, “So, I need to choose an old song too?”

“Remake it.” Dongho answered fast. “It could be a plus point for you. It shows your creativity.”

Hanna was still frowning. “So, what song?”

Dongho smiled as he said, “I’ll take care of it.”

 

 

“Okay, the next is choreography.” Dongho continued the meeting after he was done with the song discussion.

Sujin who was previously being in a cheerleader group, gave her opinion. “It’s quite hype song, so I think Hanna needs back dancers, maybe four.”

Seeing Hanna mouthing ‘four?’ in a panic face, Sujin tried to make her calm with saying, “But don’t worry Hanna, you just need to make a simple move, just give the rest to the back dancers.”

“Will Noona be the back dancer?” Minhyun carefully asked his sister.

Sujin shook her head softly. “No, I’ll contact my friends.”

But it surprised Hanna. “Why not noona? I’m more comfortable with you..”

“I lose my passion. No, it’s not even my passion since the beginning. I joined cheers just because my best friend ask me to accompany her.”

Sujin’s answer got Hanna more surprised. “Oh? How could you lose passion, Unnie?”

Realizing that Hanna was distracted, Dongho tried to bring back her focus. “Hey, it’s not the time to talk about that, just focus on your performance preparation.”

“Ah okay, so it’s Sujin unnie who take care of it. What else should I prepare?” Hanna asked.

“The outfit!” Minki answered loudly.

“Mmm, I think I don’t have good clothes to be the outfit.” Hanna said.

Minhyun told her, “Just buy it, use the money you’ll get from your oppa.”

“Ah, that’s right! Okay, I’ll ask him when he wake up.” Hanna smiled happily.

 

 

As expected, Aaron got mental breakdown hearing Hanna get selected to be on the show. But he kept his promise to give Hanna the money. He even drove Hanna, Sujin, and Minki to the store to buy the outfit. Didn’t stop, Aaron even gave extra money for Hanna to treat Sujin and Minki lunch after they’re shopping. Maybe it was part of his guilty because he couldn’t pick them up, as he had another schedule with his lecturer.

At first, Hanna always asked Sujin’s advice to choose the good combination of tops and skirt, but then through Minki, Hanna realized Sujin’s choice always in pastel color which is not really appealing to be on stage. “To be on stage we need something stronger, noona. Different case if Hanna was a part of the group.”

“Ah, yeah, I’m sorry. That’s because I always in group.” Sujin grinned.

“Okay, I’ll take the lead, now..” Minki exclaimed.

Both Hanna and Sujin smiled at each other as they saw how passionate Minki searching the outfit for Hanna.

 

-00-

 

Started from that weekend to the D-day, Hanna’s day was packed with many things, started from composing the song and practice singing with Dongho, mix and match the outfit with Minki, until practice dancing with Sujin’s friends. And just like manager, Minhyun arranged her agenda and always beside her.

With everyone busy helping Hanna, Jonghyun felt somewhat guilty he couldn’t give any contribution. He still had his own agenda with study meeting and working. So, this Monday evening, he initiated to have a talk with Hanna when they went back from the school, but Hanna had a schedule with the back dancers.

So, that night, he sent a message to Hanna.

Hanna ya, are you home?

I know you must be working hard. You’re so busy until I couldn’t see you TT

I feel a bit disappointed with myself because I can’t join to help you preparing the performance. Moreover, the day when you will perform is the same day for the Olympiad test in Jeju.

All I can do is just praying for you. Don’t think about the result, just give your best.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter