Chapter 32:

I Am My Father's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By that Friday the local police were in a tizzy which amused Minseok, but not enough to keep him distracted from the text message that GD still had not sent. Yejin was steering clear of his office that was a crackling storm of impatience and annoyance. Minseok was locking himself away in his work while Yejin stayed close to Chen's office so she would be the first to know when GD finally contacted. She wasn't though, she was in visiting Tao when the text came in.

The door to the dorm room swung open as Tao was telling Yejin about how Baekhee had kissed him during his last shot and the boy was over the moon about it, blushing and smiling like a lovesick dope (Yejin found it absolutely adorable), with Gem strutting in eyes trained on Yejin. Tao fell quiet as the woman in tiger-striped leather pants stopped at the end of his bed next to Yejin who was holding her breath with anxious hope in her chest.

“Get ready, we leave in ten,” Gem stated. Her face was expressionless and her tone low yet even as she spoke.

“Understood,” she nodded.

As Gem left the room Yejin sprung to her feet and moved to her corner of the room to change and get ready. Her heart rate climbed as she prepared herself for the night that had been months in the making.

“It's happens tonight?” Tao asked. His tone rising a nervous octave as he shifted in his spot on his bed.

“Yes,” Yejin answered. She yanked off her shirt to pull on a black blouse that she buttoned up as quickly as she could. Her hair was already dyed a coppery red to throw off anyone who might have recognized her with her black hair.

“And you want me to stay quiet?” Tao confirmed for the fifth time since she mentioned her plan to him two days ago.

“Yes.” She changed her shorts for a pair of straight legged slacks that she tucked the colt into the waist band of before facing her best friend, heart in . “How do I look?” she asked rhetorically.

“Pretty, like always,” Tao said with a sad, scared smile. “You have to come back. I don't care if you succeed or fail, you have to come back Yejin,” he declared.

After slipping on a gray pair of wedges Yejin stepped over to Tao. His face wasn't as swollen anymore, but there were still bruises, the scratches mostly healed up too. She gently held his face in her hands as she leaned over the bed offering him the best smile she could muster at the moment.

“Of course I'm going to come back. I'm Kwon Yejin, I'll win and come back. I am Poseidon's daughter after all and he never lost,” she swore.


 

Minutes later Yixing, Gem and Yejin were leaving headquarters (Yejin now in possession of her own elevator key since the meeting with GD), Gem driving while Yixing ran through their plan with Yejin for the umpteenth time that week. They would be stopping at BB Loans to drop her off with GD then Yixing and Gem would be heading to the location of the gathering to explore the layout and the territory before getting into position. Gem was the getaway driver who would be waiting two blocks away and Yixing would be making his entrance into the building shortly after her and GD's arrival to take out Suho's closer security.

“Hey,” Yixing said after a long pause following the plan recap. Yejin glanced away from her window and to the passenger seat where Yixing sat. He was turned around so he could look back as her, his eyes steady on her face and his mouth pursed like he wasn't sure he wanted to say what he was about to.

“Yeah?” she responded when he didn't continue.

“Chen told me about your plan, or at least what he knows,” Yixing informed flatly.

“Oh?” she inquired raising a brow. If he knew had he told Minseok? Had her plan gone to already? Was Minseok on his way to the meeting 'just in case', like he had been saying all week?

“Xiumin isn't aware, but you better knew what you're doing. Lover or not Xiu doesn't like having people go behind his back,” Yixing warned.

Relaxing against her seat Yejin gave a small nod. “I'm willing to take that risk,” she said matter-of-factly.

“Why? You could be giving up the cushiest life you could ever ask for princess,” the assassin challenged dryly.

“Because I owe him more than I could ever repay,” she answered honestly. She glanced over at Gem, who was peering back at her through the rear view mirror, then went back to Yixing with a calm expression on her face that didn't show that nerves building in her core as they got closer to the meeting. “Since Chen told you what he knew, then I'll give you a fair warning. The police will be coming so when your job is done, get out.”

Yixing's gaze narrowed at Yejin. “Why tell me when I can still contact Xiumin about this?”

“I'm the one paying you, Xiumin is just a third party holding our contract,” she stated. “Call him and you won't get paid.”

“Damn,” Gem whistled lowly. “The little girl knows how to handle her business, huh.”

“Business I can do, following the rules is what I struggle with,” Yejin clarified with a smirk.

Yixing laughed humorlessly as he spun round in his seat so he was facing the right way. “Don't we all.”


 

When they arrived at BB Loans Yejin was quickly moved from one car to the next, sliding into the backseat next to GD who wasn't dressed as his usual self. Instead of his loud prints and flashy colors he was dressed in a tame sapphire blue suit that set off his orange hair nicely and not in a flamboyant way. His tie was plain black like his leather shoes. Yejin could only stare at the man as his driver started the car and began taking them to the anti-Circle meeting. After five minutes of gaping Yejin finally found her voice to address the situation.

“What are you wearing?” she asked, almost sounding horrified.

“A suit, sweetheart. This is a business gathering after all,” GD replied casually.

“Yeah and I've seen you attend plenty a meeting in a leopard print blazer and tasseled pants, so don't tell me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter