Epilogue 2 (Final)

You make me forget all fear

Warning: Long. Too much sickening fluffy nonsense. Sudden bursts of y times (although PG-13).


Joohyun tries not to look as desperately hopeful as she feels while she watches Seungwan chew on the baked cheese tteokbokki. Her baked cheese tteokbokki.
 

Seungwan chews some more, her eyes going comically round as she does so. She finally swallows, and Joohyun waits in bated breath for the verdict.
 

“Unnie, this tastes so good!”
 

“...You’re not just saying that, right?” Joohyun remains skeptical; she thinks that she may have added too much cheese or chilli or garlic or—
 

“Of course not! It’s really good, I swear! Here, try it.” Seungwan stabs a mouthful with her fork and reaches forward to feed Joohyun, her left hand placed below the right one to prevent any spills.
 

Joohyun opens and accepts the rice cake. At the same time, Seungwan says “Good, right?”
 

“I haven’t even chewed yet,” Joohyun remarks, amused, before she chews and tries to assess her own cooking.
 

It definitely isn’t bad, but she won’t go as far as to say that it’s five-star quality, either.
 

“Even if it didn’t turn out well, thank you for cooking for me,” Seungwan tells her with a soft and grateful smile and it makes Joohyun’s stomach flip-flop all over.
 

“I should’ve actually done this sooner. It’s the least I can do; you’ve cooked hundreds of dishes for me already.”
 

“Yeah, but you’ve also given me a place to stay,” Seungwan says, beginning their never-ending conversation cycle of who-feels-more-thankful-for-the-other. “And...well…” Seungwan trails off as she carefully swipes the side of Joohyun’s mouth with her thumb, wiping away a little speck of sauce.
 

The caring gesture makes the flip-flopping worse. “…And what?” Joohyun asks.
 

“...your heart,” Seungwan mumbles, turning crimson.
 

Joohyun chokes on the remaining food in . “Oh my world, that was cheesier than the tteokbokki.”

 

***

 

They’re both lounging on the sofa after dinner, drinking the hot chocolate they had just prepared together.
 

Joohyun had so much fun helping Seungwan stir the beverage to perfection, and not only because she was able to distract the other girl with back hugs and sudden smooches that made Seungwan blush, but also because cooking together had felt very domestic and romantic. Plus, Seungwan had looked so y concentrating on the task at hand, her eyebrows furrowing and eyes shifting quickly every now and then. Joohyun couldn’t believe that she hadn’t helped Seungwan sooner, and she vows to do it as often as she can from now on.
 

“Remember the last time we had hot chocolate?” Seungwan asks her. “It was during Christmas when we...when I…”
 

Memories flash through Joohyun’s mind, making her smile. The two of them decorating the Christmas tree together, having hot chocolate after, and then Seungwan confessing. And then the kissing. “Yeah...” Joohyun gulps and tries to keep her mind G-rated.
 

“I’m sorry it took me so long, Hyun-ah. I was...it was very—”
 

“It’s okay,” she reassures her. “I understand how confusing it must’ve been for you. I’m just happy we’re here now.”
 

“Yeah, me too, but I just keep thinking about all those months wasted when I could’ve just...admitted it to myself right away. It was so obvious, but I was scared and you’re just too beautiful that I also got so insecure—”
 

She interrupts Seungwan’s speech with a kiss, tasting a lovely blend of chocolate and strawberries. “Shh,” she chides after she pulls away. “And also, look in the mirror and you’ll see what ‘too beautiful’ and too perfect really is.”
 

“Oh God…” Seungwan gapes at her. “Are you trying to have a cheesy contest with me, unnie?”
 

Joohyun cringes. “No. Let’s stop. Yuck.”
 

Seungwan laughs, and she can’t help but lean back in to kiss Joohyun again.
 

It’s been awhile since they’ve got to spend this much time with each other recently since it’s Seungwan’s last semester in college, and she’s been very busy. They catch up on each other’s lives, but Joohyun has this one constant thing running through her mind each time Seungwan rants about her professors and possibly not being able to graduate (although this is truly just a mere exaggeration because hello? Biology’s Top One Son Seungwan?) because of the harsh workload that’s being handed to them.
 

Joohyun has had this idea of hers for a while now, and she decides to just go for it. She sets down her mug and faces the younger girl fully. “Wan.”
 

The girl’s raised eyebrows speak for her since she’s currently preoccupied with drinking her hot chocolate.
 

“I’ve been thinking...umm...are you planning to leave the apartment after you graduate?”
 

Seungwan stops drinking and freezes for a moment. Her face is unreadable as she looks down and focuses her gaze on her mug. “Well, I was only supposed to stay here for two years, so yeah. I’ve saved up a lot of money and my parents are willing to help out, so I can afford a decent place. Of course nothing will change between us. I promise. Just...please don’t get a female roommate, unnie? Get a disgusting guy who only shaves once a month and stinks so bad that you’ll always be at least five feet away from him.”
 

Joohyun giggles, finding Seungwan’s hinted jealousy cute. “Why do I need another roommate when I have you?”
 

“Huh?”
 

“You don’t have to move out after you graduate. Please don’t move out. I already talked to Appa, and he’s more than willing to let you stay here with me for as long as possible.”
 

Seungwan’s eyebrows shoot up to the sky. “Really???”
 

“Really,” Joohyun says, nodding.
 

“...Do you want me to stay because I cook for you?” Seungwan teases.
 

“Wan-ah, you can stop cooking forever and I’d still want you to stay.”
 

The teasing grin Seungwan has on disappears and is replaced with a touched smile. “Thank you…but…are you sure about this?”
 

“Of course. I...you don’t know how happy it makes me knowing that you’re just a few steps away every time I fall asleep in my room. Or the fact that we can have unlimited sleepovers on the couch and I get to be only a centimeter away from you.”
 

Seungwan looks down shyly as she tries not to smile so wide. “Cheesy unnie.”
 

“So…? Will you be my indefinite roommate, Son Seungwan?”
 

The younger girl remains quiet as she sets down her drink on the coffee table. Then eager arms wrap warmth around Joohyun when she is enveloped in a tight hug. “Yes, Bae Joohyun. I’d love to be your indefinite roommate,” Seungwan mumbles happily against her shoulder.

 

***

 

“Wendy.”
 

Gentle fingers glide across her hair.
 

“Wendy.”
 

Move down to her nose.
 

“Wendy.”
 

Trace her lips.
 

“Wendy.”
 

Move down her neck to—
 

Seungwan’s eyes snap open, and she sees the heart-stopping face of her girlfriend. Her very , very y, very beautiful girlfriend, who is smiling at her like it isn’t seven-in-the-freaking-morning.
 

The hand doesn’t stop, and Seungwan groans and closes her eyes when Joohyun caresses her skin intimately.
 

“Wendy.”
 

“Wha—” Seungwan blinks blearily, still half-asleep, but also a whole-lot .
 

“I love your name. Wendy. Seungwan. Son Seungwan.”
 

Seungwan thinks maybe Joohyun’s sleep-talking because she isn’t making much sense right now, but the latter’s wandering, knowing hand tells her a very different story. Her hand exerts more pressure and Seungwan gasps, reflexively grabbing Joohyun’s wrist as she feels herself burning from the inside out. “Unnie…”
 

“I love it when you call me unnie.”
 

Seungwan moans because the fingers dip in and wreak havoc on her senses.
 

“I also love it when you call me Joohyun. Or Joohyun-ah. Or Hyun.”
 

Seungwan doesn’t respond, mostly because she feels like she can’t string words properly right now, so she just presses herself closer and loses herself in Joohyun’s touch.
 

“But I don’t have an English name. I kind of want one. Can you make one for me?”
 

“Huh? Uhn...u-unnie, don’t stop.”
 

“Wendy and...Sam? Wendy and...Stephanie? What name will go well with yours?”
 

“Oh my G—”
 

“I don’t think ‘Oh My God’ is—”
 

Seungwan shuts her up with a hot, tongue-filled kiss.

 

***

 

“Irene.”
 

Joohyun lifts her head up in confusion from her previous position where she had been burying her face against Seungwan’s neck.
 

“Irene,” Seungwan repeats. “I’ve...actually been thinking a lot about what English name could fit you, and my friend had been reading Percy Jackson and that name just came to me.”
 

“I...rene…” Joohyun tests it out, making sure to enunciate the ‘r’ properly. “What does it mean?”
 

“Well, in Greek mythology, Irene is a goddess, so it fits you perfectly.”
 

“Oh…” Joohyun blushes.
 

“She’s actually a goddess of peace,” Seungwan elaborates. “And it may apply to you but...”
 

“Why the ‘but???’”
 

“Unnie, you’re not exactly very peaceful when it comes to games.”
 

Joohyun opens to contest that, but she finds that she can’t.
 

“But Irene is also the goddess of the rainbow, so that’s really why I picked the name for you.”
 

“Rainbow? Because I have a colorful personality?”
 

“Uhh...no. Because you’re very gay.”
 

“Yah!” Joohyun smacks her girlfriend on the thigh, hard.
 

“Owww! It’s true! And it sounds good with my name. Wendy and Irene. Irene and Wendy. Wenrene. See?”
 

Joohyun narrows her eyes. “I feel like you’re teasing me.”
 

“I’m not! I tried all the goddesses’ names and they don’t fit like ‘Irene’ does. Wendy and Athena. Wendy and Aphrodite. It’s just not the same.”
 

“Hmph.”
 

“Irene-unnie.” Seungwan tries it out. “My Irene-unnie.”
 

Joohyun looks away and tries not to smile.
 

“Athena-unnie,” Seungwan says, immediately cringing. “Blech!”
 

“Fine.”
 

“Fine?”
 

“Fine.”
 

Seungwan smiles and plants a soft kiss on Joohyun’s pouting lips. “‘Irene’ may be nice, but I will always prefer ‘Joohyun.’ It’s the name that escapes my lips every time we...uhh...nevermind.”
 

Joohyun laughs loudly. “You’re so dirty!”
 

“Says the girl who woke me up with her dirty dirty fingers!”

 

***

 

Joohyun walks up to the counter and tries to fight back a huge smile as she sees the back of her favorite person in the world.
 

Said person turns around and smiles automatically. “Good afternoon! Welcome to—unnie?”
 

Joohyun gives the surprised Seungwan a little wave. “Hi.”
 

“I- wha…” Seungwan clears , remembering that she’s on the job and she should treat her girlfriend like a customer. A very pretty customer. “Uh…Good Afternoon. May I take your order?”
 

Joohyun’s eyebrows raise a little at the sudden shift, but she decides to play along. “Hi. I’d like a large green tea latte please. Hot.” Joohyun still feels dumb for thinking that she had no choice but to order coffee in a coffee shop when apparently, there are a variety of other options.
 

“Alright,” Seungwan says as she picks up a cup and starts scribbling down the order. “May I have your name, please?”
 

“...Irene.”
 

Seungwan chokes, quickly looking up at Joohyun who is smiling at her, eyes sparkling with mirth. “Irene...” Seungwan repeats.
 

“Yes. My really hot girlfriend suggested the name to me.”
 

“I...I see.” Seungwan blushes, ducking her head shyly as she writes down the name. “Will that be all, Irene-ssi?”
 

Irene nods and rummages inside her bag for her wallet. Just as she’s about to take it out, Seungwan hands her the receipt and gives her a small smile along with a slight shake of her head. Joohyun understands, and she mouths a ‘thank you’ as she takes the piece of paper, although she makes sure to brush her fingers against the cute barista’s before pulling away.
 

Joohyun makes her way to the pickup station and waits for her order. She takes the time to observe the buzzing coffee shop filled with businessmen chatting and sleep-deprived students probably trying to beat their deadlines.
 

She looks around for the perfect place for her to sit in, but suddenly, a loud and familiar voice rings out across the shop: “Large green tea latte for Irene!”
 

Joohyun turns around and is greeted by a very happy Seungwan, who hands her her drink.
 

“Aren’t you supposed to be manning the register?”
 

“I switched with Yongsun-unnie so I can make your drink,” Seungwan admits.
 

“Ah…”
 

“Aren’t you supposed to be at work?” Seungwan asks curiously.
 

“I just have to create a presentation and draft a few e-mails, so I chose to just do it here,” Joohyun explains.
 

“Oh… Well I’m glad you came by, unnie.” And Joohyun can really tell that she is, because her girlfriend is still wearing a very dopey grin on her face and it makes her heart flutter, knowing that she’s the one who’s making Seungwan happy. She knows serving countless customers can be very exhausting for the younger girl, so she hopes that she can cheer her up by being here today.
 

“What time do you get off work?” Joohyun asks.
 

“Umm...around five. ...Are you going to wait for me?”
 

Joohyun nods. “Yeah, why not? And then we can have dinner outside afterwards, before we go home?”
 

Joohyun doesn’t know how it’s possible, but Seungwan’s smile gets even wider. “Sure! Okay. Yay!” Seungwan replies enthusiastically.
 

Joohyun giggles at the cuteness. “Okay. I’ll go find a seat now. Bye, Wan,” Joohyun says, turning around to look for an empty seat once more. She finds one at a corner and she starts walking towards it, but she jerks in surprise when she hears a quick “Wait!” from behind her.
 

Turning back around, she witnesses Seungwan opening the little secret door incorporated into the counter. The younger girl crouches low and squeezes through it to get to the other side, where Joohyun is.
 

Joohyun continues to look on in surprise, wondering what Seungwan is up to. And she gets an even bigger surprise when the other girl walks towards her and plants a brief but utterly heart-stopping kiss on her lips.
 

She doesn’t even get to react in time and kiss Seungwan back. But when she comes back down to earth, the first thing Joohyun does is to look around and check if anyone saw what had just transpired.
 

“I don’t care” is what Seungwan simply says, bringing Joohyun’s gaze back to her.
 

And Joohyun almost tears up because Seungwan really doesn’t look like she gives a damn that she had just kissed her girlfriend in front of paying customers and basically the public eye. The soft smile the younger girl throws her way lets Joohyun know that she knows exactly what she’d just done, as well as the greater meaning behind it.
 

“I’ll see you at five, Irene.” Then Seungwan’s off, making her way back behind the counter, ready to serve the customers that have just entered the cafe.
 

Joohyun is still rooted to her spot, and she probably looks crazy looking all frozen like that, smiling a huge smile that makes her cheeks kind of hurt, but she doesn’t care. It takes her a long while before she can will herself to move and find herself a seat. She puts down the almost-forgotten cup of green tea and notices that there seems to be a long message written all over the cup.
 

She picks her drink back up and reads it:
 

“Irene. Aka the rainbow goddess of this unworthy mortal barista’s heart.

Thank you for visiting me. :”)

P.S. You look beyond beautiful today. But you always do anyway. ^^ ”

 

***

 

“A-Appa. I have something to say. We have something to say.” Joohyun grabs Seungwan’s mutually clammy hand beneath the table to boost up her courage.
 

Joohyun’s father stops chewing his chocolate cake briefly and regards the two nervous women sitting in front of him. “Oh? What is it?”
 

“I...we...umm…” Joohyun takes a deep breath and steels herself. “Seungwan and I are dating.”
 

Joohyun’s father’s eyebrows rise in surprise, and he swallows his food before speaking. “Really?? Wow.” And to the shock of the two women, he turns to Seungwan and says “I didn’t know you liked my daughter back. I thought you were… Well, anyway, I’m really happy for the both of you.”
 

It takes a few shocked seconds before Joohyun registers her father’s words. “Liked me...back?”
 

Ah, well…” Her dad chuckles. “You’re not exactly subtle with the blatant heart eyes you direct at Wan’s way, Hyun. I noticed it during your graduation dinner.”
 

Joohyun’s mouth gapes open and closes like a fish while Seungwan looks down at the table in mild embarrassment.
 

“Is this what the dinner was about?”
 

“Ah...yeah, kind of,” Seungwan responds (because Joohyun still doesn’t seem to have gone back down to earth just yet), scratching the back of her head.
 

“Well, you guys have my blessing. Does your father know yet, Wan?”
 

“Uh...no, Appa. Not yet.” Seungwan doesn’t elaborate that her father doesn’t know a lot of things yet.
 

“Ha! Yes!” The two women jerk in surprise as the CEO of a million-dollar company pumps his fist in the air like a frat boy. “I finally know something that genius of a man doesn’t!”
 

Seungwan bites her lip hard to keep from laughing, but she can’t help but let out a chuckle as she turns to see Joohyun looking shell-shocked at her father. Seungwan's eyes soften at seeing her girlfriend and she looks back at the man seated across from her. “I know words don’t mean as much as actions do, but I really love Joohyun-unnie, Appa. I hope I can show her that for as long as I can, and I hope you’ll be able to see it too. Thank you for your blessing, and as always, for making me feel like I have a family here in Korea.”
 

Joohyun’s father smiles at her, and Seungwan swears the man’s eyes are a little shiny. “You’re more than welcome, Seungwan-ah. And...I don’t think I need to do the whole ‘hurt my daughter and I’ll kill you’ thing, but...yes. Please don’t hurt my daughter. That’s all I ask. And Joohyun, don’t hurt Seungwan either. Also, please leave me out of the drama if ever you two have a lovers’ spat or something. Yeesh.” The man shudders, imagining it.
 

The two women laugh and promise to leave him out of it, although Joohyun admits she will definitely sleep in their family home if Seungwan ends up kicking her to the curb after a huge fight. Seungwan is flabbergasted after Joohyun says this, as she cannot process how she can kick someone out of their own home, when she herself is only staying there out of the generosity of the Bae family.
 

“I guess that’s how much power you have over my daughter, Wan.”
 

“Yeah, you make me weak,” Joohyun jokes.
 

“That’s...no. No, no, no. Okay, dinner’s over,” Joohyun’s dad says, cringing.

 

***

 

Seungwan hastily makes her way across the hall towards the apartment, silently praying that she can make it in time before the battery of her phone dies out.
 

She fumbles with her set of keys as she presses her iPhone between her lips, using its flashlight application to see which key she needs to use. She finds the right one and immediately unlocks the door to her apartment. She takes the time to stand by the entrance, her soaked clothes dripping onto the doormat as she shivers.
 

There is a blackout across the city due to the thunderstorm, which had begun just as Seungwan was three blocks away from home. Lucky her. Her dripping-wet-and-ultimately-useless umbrella lays limply by her side as she lets her eyes adjust to the dim room that is only being lit up by a tiny emergency lamp on the coffee table.
 

Before she can decide whether she should strip off her jacket or her pants first, there is a sudden thundering of footsteps, and she is almost knocked to the floor by a heavy warmth that slams into her, knocking the wind out of her.
 

“Oof!” Seungwan reflexively drops the umbrella to steady herself and the other person. “Joohyun?”
 

A sudden flash of lightning illuminates the room, and she catches a strained whimper come out of the other girl’s lips before the loud thunder claps.
 

“Joohyun, you’ll get wet! You shouldn’t—” But the girl just clutches onto her harder, not caring that Seungwan is soaked from head-to-toe and that the water is already beginning to seep through Joohyun’s clothes.
 

Seungwan sighs in defeat as she the other girl’s hair, trying to calm her. “It’s okay. I’m here.”
 

“Y-you weren’t replying! And I couldn’t reach you through call…”
 

“I’m sorry,” Seungwan apologizes softly. “My phone’s battery was almost out, and I knew I needed to use it as a flashlight when I got here, so I turned it off while I was outside.”
 

Another flash of lightning makes itself known, and Seungwan automatically reaches up to cover Joohyun’s ears as best as she can before the sound of thunder comes and reverberates throughout the room.
 

Once it has passed, Seungwan cups Joohyun’s cheeks and brings her face up to meet hers. “Hyun-ah.”
 

The older woman’s eyes are still forcibly closed, and Seungwan’s heart is hurting at the fear Joohyun is displaying.
 

She doesn’t know what else to do, so she leans in and gives her girlfriend a chaste peck. Seungwan’s lips are probably ice-cold, as Joohyun’s feel so warm against her own. But it does the trick, and Joohyun’s eyes flutter open.
 

“Hey.” Seungwan gives her a small smile, which the other girl slowly returns despite the fear still evident on her face. “I have to change my clothes,” she reminds her, and then she looks down at Joohyun’s soaked-through shirt. “And now you do, too. Come on.”

 

***

 

Thankfully, Seungwan finds out that the sound of thunder can barely be heard when they stay in the bathroom, so she immediately fills the bathtub with hot water, pours a generous amount of bubble bath gel, and sheds her clothes while instructing Joohyun to do the same before getting in the tub.
 

She feels herself fully relaxing as the warm water does its job of heating up her shivering body. The warmth of Joohyun’s bare skin against hers also comforts her to the point where she could just fall asleep right then and there, her chest pressed firmly against her girlfriend’s back.
 

Seungwan barely registers Joohyun turning in her arms, but her eyes flutter open when she feels the girl’s hot lips and tongue trace her neck. She gasps as Joohyun’s teeth join the fray, and it’s crazy how her body immediately responds to Joohyun’s touch.
 

It gives Seungwan whiplash, knowing that the woman kissing her right now had buried herself against her neck a few minutes ago, whimpering because she’s afraid of loud noises. She can’t help but chuckle at the one-eighty, making Joohyun lean back and look at her in confusion.
 

“Sorry,” she says, still laughing, looking anything but.
 

This earns her a smack on the arm. “Why are you laughing?”
 

Seungwan shakes her head. “Nothing. You’re just so cute.”
 

Her girlfriend regards her with enraged suspicion. “Cute?! Was what I was doing just now cute??”
 

Seungwan shakes her head again, opening to explain, but all she gets out is a choked moan when Joohyun suddenly reaches down and touches her in a manner that’s definitely not cute.
 

“Is this still cute?” Joohyun teasingly asks her, biting her own lip as she looks down and watches her hand move underneath the blurry water.
 

Seungwan holds on tightly to the edge of the tub as her eyes blur in pleasure. “I-I didn’t....” One hand tangles through Joohyun’s locks as she pulls her in for a hot kiss that leaves them both panting.
 

With Joohyun’s very skilled fingers, as well as the steamy eye contact they hold the entire time, it doesn’t take long for Seungwan to reach her peak.
 

“Was that cute, Wan-ah?” Joohyun asks as she pulls her fingers out, making Seungwan shudder at the sensitized sensation.
 

Seungwan sags as she lets out a short and breathless laugh. “Did you just do that to prove your point?”
 

“Hmm. Maybe.”
 

Seungwan shakes her head as she leans in for a kiss. “You’re unbelievable. And so competitive. All I meant was that it’s so cute that you were scared a while ago but now you’re here being all y.”
 

“…Oh.” The sheepish smile Joohyun throws Seungwan's way is so adorable that Seungwan just has to kiss her again.

 

***

 

“My God, it’s so cold outside!” Joohyun hurriedly brushes the snow off her jacket and hair before practically running to Seungwan who’s currently stirring something that smells incredibly mouthwatering in the kitchen.
 

She steals a kiss on the girl’s cute, fluffy cheek just as Seungwan says “Well, you’re gonna have to get used to it.”
 

Seungwan immediately freezes the moment she says that, and Joohyun stares at her. “What do you mean by that?”
 

“I-I just meant because it’s winter and it’s cold so you just have to adjust...yeah.”
 

Joohyun tilts her head to the side, assessing Seungwan’s words. “That’s not really what you meant, is it?”
 

“Unnie…”
 

“Tell me.”
 

“No.”
 

“Tell me now, Son Seungwan.”
 

Seungwan turns to her, exasperated. But she slumps her shoulders in defeat and sighs. She turns off the stove and sets down her spatula for a moment. “I’m sorry. It was supposed to be a surprise, but my big mouth messed it up. Umm...do you want to go to Canada with me, unnie?”
 

“...What??”
 

“After my graduation. You know I’m going to go to Canada for the summer before medical school starts, and I want you to go…with me.”
 

Joohyun looks at her for a long while, stunned and touched that Seungwan wants her to be there in the first place. “I...I don’t know, Wan. Don’t you want to spend time with your family? If I go, you’ll be lugging me around with you everywhere because I can barely English my way through an introduction.”
 

“I don’t mind. I want you to see where I grew up. Meet my family. Take you to all the tourist spots and make more memories with you.”
 

Joohyun tears up at that, touched, and she hides it by crushing Seungwan with a hug. “I love you,” she mumbles. But then she remembers something and groans out loud. “But I have woooooork. I’m an intern, so I don’t think I even have a single vacation day.”
 

“Actually, I asked Appa about it already. He said it’s okay, and that you can take a month off.”
 

Joohyun pulls away to look at Seungwan with wide eyes. “Really???”
 

Seungwan smiles. “Uh huh.”
 

Joohyun squeals with excitement, and Seungwan’s eyebrows raise in amusement and shock at the loudness. “Yay!!! Okay, okay, okay. I have to go buy a ticket now. Wait, let me get my—”
 

“No need, unnie. My parents uh...paid for your ticket. They really want to meet you.”
 

“They...do? ...Do they know about...umm...you and me?”
 

Seungwan scratches her head nervously. “Uh...yeah. Kind of.”
 

“...What?!”
 

“Well, a few days ago, I talked to them and I suddenly had the courage to tell them about me...being me. They were obviously shocked at first because they knew I’ve only dated guys before, but in the end they were okay with it. And it made me so happy that when they asked me how I even figured it out, I told them it’s because I fell in love. With you. They weren’t really surprised, and they told me to invite you over to Canada and I said that I was really planning to, so they offered to pay for your ticket, as well as for everything else once we get there.”
 

Joohyun stares at Seungwan for a moment, a little overwhelmed. “Wait...when did this happen? Oh! Was it when you burst into my room crying and just hugged me a few days ago???” Seungwan nods shyly in affirmation. “Aww, baby...” Joohyun pulls her back into a hug. “Why didn’t you tell me?”
 

Seungwan hugs her back and buries her face against Joohyun’s shoulder. “I’m sorry. I was too overwhelmed with everything that had happened...and I was so happy, but I also wanted to surprise you about Canada.”
 

“Ah…”
 

“And now I ruined the surprise. I even cooked your favorite today so I could tell you during dinner…” Joohyun interrupts Seungwan with a soft kiss. And another. And another.
 

“It’s okay,” Joohyun mumbles between kisses. She impatiently yanks up Seungwan’s sweater and discards it on the floor. “Celebratory ?”
 

“…What?” Seungwan stares at her sweater, a little disoriented by the quick turn of events. “But what about dinner?”
 

“Dessert first. Dinner later.”
 

“...Oh...”
 

“Besides, we have to practice. This is how you’re going to keep me warm during those cold Canadian nights.”
 

“Unnie!”

 

***

 

“Nothing was happening, I swear!”
 

“Then why was he about to kiss you??? I saw it! I’m not ing blind, Son Seungwan!”
 

“Okay, before that, nothing was going on! We were just talking, and he suddenly did that—”
 

Right. ‘Talking.’”
 

“What the hell?! What? You think I was flirting with him?! Are you delusional???”
 

“I can’t believe you invited him here to study. In our apartment. Be a little more secretive and go to a motel! Maybe you’re not as smart as you seem.”
 

Seungwan openly gapes at her, shock and hurt written all over her face.
 

Joohyun regrets what she had said the moment she said it, but the damage has been done. her stupid PMS. that stupid guy who tried to kiss her girlfriend.
 

“I’m not going to take this verbal lashing from you. Not if I don’t ing deserve it,” Seungwan tells her, voice shaking with pain and rage. She quickly walks around Joohyun and enters her own room, slamming the door behind her.
 

Joohyun breathes heavily, panic taking over. , , . She screwed up. She doesn’t take Seungwan’s cue of ‘leave me the alone’ and runs to the latter’s room, opening the door that she had just slammed shut.
 

Joohyun stops in her tracks when she sees Seungwan standing in the middle of the room, her back facing her. But Joohyun doesn’t fail to see her shaking shoulders and hear the quiet sobs echoing across the walls.
 

Without further hesitation, she strides forward and wraps her arms around the shorter girl from behind. The moment she feels Seungwan’s warmth ade through her, tears leak out of her eyes. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean anything I said, I swear,” she hiccups. Fear takes over her. She doesn’t want to lose Seungwan. She can’t lose Seungwan.
 

Joohyun cries even harder when she can physically feel Seungwan shaking in her arms. “Please,” she begs. “I-I can’t lose you. I’m sorry—”
 

Seungwan turns around in her arms, and Joohyun dies a little when she sees the amount of tears the other girl is shedding. “U-unnie…” she sobs out before she buries her face in Joohyun’s neck and cries harder.
 

Joohyun doesn’t know how many sorry’s she whispers and sobs out while she has her arms wrapped around Seungwan; all she knows is that they aren’t enough.
 

Finally, both of them stop pouring out tears, and their sobs die down quietly. Seungwan sniffles one last time before she pulls back from the hug, and she finds it in her to laugh at Joohyun’s swollen face. Joohyun just stares at her in confusion and doesn’t laugh with her because she still hasn’t forgiven herself for saying those disgusting words.
 

“I-It’s okay.” Seungwan tries to reassure her. “I know you didn’t mean them…”
 

“It’s not okay…” Joohyun tears up again. “I know...I know you wouldn’t do that...I’m so...I’m mad at myself because I know but I still assumed and—”
 

“Shh. I know you’re moody right now. And...and I’d be pretty angry too if I saw you with someone else. I’d punch them and break their nose, and—” Seungwan stops talking when she sees the gleam in Joohyun’s eyes. “No! Don’t—” She pulls Joohyun back because the girl literally almost left just to find Seungwan’s study partner and punch him square in the face. “Unnie.” She grasps the sides of Joohyun’s puffy face. “Anytime you think I’m cheating on you or-or if you see something like that happen again, just remember: I love you. And I’m yours. Yours. Only yours. Okay?”
 

Slowly, Joohyun nods. Silence ensues for a while until Joohyun breaks it with an “Umm...maybe... Are you opposed to tattoos?”
 

“...Huh?”
 

“Do you mind if I tattoo ‘property of Bae Joohyun’ across your forehead or something?”
 

“Unnie!” Joohyun smiles a little, and Seungwan smiles back because the fact that Joohyun can joke a bit means she’s cheered up a little.
 

Joohyun pulls Seungwan in by the cheeks too. “You know I’m yours too, right? No matter what. I love you. I’m so in love with you…and I’m afraid about how much it consumes me sometimes.”
 

Seungwan nods because she feels the same way. “I know. I feel the same way, but we just...we have to trust each other. Completely. That’s the only way we won’t fall apart, Hyun-ah.”
 

“Yeah... I’m sorry. I do trust you. It’s the other people I don’t trust. Can you stop being so goddamn pretty and lovable? Only be like that to me.”
 

Seungwan laughs. “What? You stop! Do you know how many people stare at you when we’re in public?? Thank God I don’t have anger management issues or a baseball bat because—”
 

“You know why I don’t know how many they are nor care? Because I’m only looking at you.
 

Seungwan blushes and sighs. “Okay, fine,” she grumbles. “So cheesy.”
 

Joohyun pushes her away by the cheeks in retaliation. “Shut up. I’m trying to be romantic here. Plus, you’re the cheesier one in this relationship.”
 

Seungwan pulls Joohyun back in by the waist. “I know.” She smiles. “We’re...we’re okay now, right?”
 

Joohyun nods, then hesitates. “As long as you forgive me for saying those mean things.”
 

“I do.” Seungwan seals her forgiveness with a brief kiss.
 

“Oh, wait,” Joohyun suddenly says. “I can’t forgive you.”
 

“What??”
 

“Not until you tell me that guy’s address. My father is quite powerful. I’m sure he has a hitman on speed-dial—”
 

“Jesus Christ, unnie. And didn’t your dad warn us to not involve him in anything?”
 

“He doesn’t have to be the one calling. I just need the hitman’s number.”
 

“Right. Just let it go, unnie. And I promise, next time, if it happens again, I give you permission to slap the guy. Just one slap.”
 

“One slap and a kick in the balls.”
 

“One slap and a little push.”
 

“One slap and you tell him to his face that you love me.”
 

Seungwan shakes her head and smiles. “Deal.”

 

***

 

Joohyun jerks awake when a warm but heavy weight falls on top of her at midnight. Thankfully, the supposed loud scream gets stuck in once she realizes that it’s only her girlfriend.
 

“…Wan?”
 

“I can’t do it anymore,” she hears Seungwan mumble.
 

“Huh?”
 

“I can’t. It’s too much. Kill me.”
 

Joohyun’s senses finally wake up and go on high alert. “What’s wrong?”
 

“Everything.”
 

Joohyun is 99% sure of the cause of Seungwan’s distress. “You can do it,” she comforts the younger girl, brushing her hair soothingly with one hand and lightly patting her with the other.
 

“I can’t! Why do they make us study so many things at such a short amount of time?! This is a hundred times worse than when I was an undergrad! One undergrad semester is condensed into one freaking lecture! That’s just pure evil!”
 

“How many exams have you gone through?”
 

“Too freaking many.”
 

“Wan…”
 

“I don’t know? Like...twenty?”
 

“And you’ll go through the other twenty and still be here. And go through another hundred and still be here, fighting. I know you want to give up, but think of how many patients you can help once you become a doctor. Think of the lives you can save. They might not explicitly know of the horrors you had to go through just to get that ‘M.D.’ after your name, but they will reward you with their gratefulness, and their trust. They’ll trust you to make the right decisions because you’re learning about them right now, and you’re studying hard to remember them. Plus, you’re not alone. You have your batch mates with you, going through the same thing, and you have me. I’ll always be here for you...even during my midnight sleeping hours.”
 

Seungwan’s smile grows the entire time, but she lets out a sheepish chuckle in the end. “Heh. Sorry.”
 

“Don’t be. I was joking. Plus, I’m very impressed with myself because I made such a great speech while I’m half-awake.”
 

“And thank you for that,” Seungwan tells Joohyun, planting a kiss on her lips.
 

“Mmm. Did it help?”
 

“Yeah.” Seungwan shifts around until she’s straddling the older girl. “You’re so pretty.”
 

Joohyun stares at her in disbelief. “I just woke up! My eyes aren’t even fully open.”
 

“Hmm. Still beautiful. Twenty out of ten. Will bang.” Seungwan lets out a loud chortle as she gets smacked on the thigh.
 

“My goodness, what a charmer. Go study.” Joohyun shoos her girlfriend, turning her head and already closing her eyes as she begins to drift off.
 

She feels Seungwan adjust herself again and she thinks that the girl will finally get off of her, but Joohyun’s eyes snap open when she feels Seungwan nibble on her earlobe. “W-what are you doing?”
 

“Hmm.” Seungwan tucks her hair back to gain more access and adds her tongue to the equation.
 

“Seungwan…”
 

“You smell so good, Hyun…”
 

Joohyun swallows audibly as she feels her entire body heat up. “Y-you’re supposed to be studying,” she argues half-heartedly.
 

“Study break,” Seungwan whispers against her ear, making her shudder and grab onto the other girl’s hips. “Actually...no.” Joohyun’s eyes follow Seungwan as the latter moves her head down. “I’m studying. See...this is the clavicle.” Joohyun gasps when she feels Seungwan scrape her teeth against the aforementioned bone.
 

“And here’s the sternocleidomastoid…” Joohyun moans when she feels the girl’s tongue trace her neck from up to down with a few kisses in between. “Sternal head.” Up then down. “Clavicular head.”
 

Anatomical words have never sounded so y in Joohyun’s ears.
 

Too bad she still falls asleep in the midst of things, and Seungwan laughs at her the very next morning.
 

“I guess I’m not the only one who falls asleep during anatomy lectures,” the younger girl teases Joohyun behind her cup of coffee.

 

***

 

“Tell me, is this the first time?

말해줘요 처음인가

Have you fallen for me as much as I have fallen for you?

나만큼요 빠진

I want to know everything

알고 싶어

If my heart has grown deeper than yours, like a fool.”

맘이 그대보다 깊은 아닌지 바보처럼
 

By the time Seungwan has stopped singing, Joohyun’s face is drenched with tears, yet she is smiling from ear-to-ear.
 

It’s their first anniversary as a couple, and they both know that they have so many more anniversaries to look forward to together, because it’s only the beginning. They’ve been through a lot, but they’ve only grown stronger, and happier, as time passes by.
 

Joohyun runs to the girl putting her guitar away and smothers her in a huge hug, almost tipping them both out of the chair. She tells Seungwan that no, Seungwan’s heart has definitely not fallen more than hers because hers has already reached the Earth’s inner core, earning herself a laugh from the shorter girl who is on the brink of joyful tears.
 

They argue about whose love is greater until they end up progressing from mere words to actions as they try their best to outdo the other with kisses and burning touches.
 

Of course, they both end up winning, although Seungwan still insists her love for Joohyun transcends the universe, and therefore, knows no bounds.
 

As competitive as Joohyun can be, she sighs and lets Seungwan win this time, kisses her and tells her to prove it to her again. And again.
 

Seungwan is more than happy to do so.

 

FIN.


A/N:

Omg...it's finally over. :( AAAA~

(please forgive the greek mythology indiscretion. i only realized it recently and it's been haunting my dreams so i think that's enough punishment...)

During the writing process for this epilogue, I'm just like...get it over with already!!! Finish this!!! But now that I finally have, I feel so sad. I'll miss Roommates!WenRene and their stupid cheesiness and love for each other. TT

I hope you enjoyed the one-shot, as well as these bonus chapters. <3 Thank you for taking the time to read this long- fic hahaha XD