Epilogue 1

You make me forget all fear

Joohyun stares blankly at the keys in her hand for seconds too long as she stands outside her apartment door. Blinking back fatigue, she finally recalls what she’s supposed to do.
 

Insert key and turn. Open door. She never knew such mundane activities require such effort when you’re beyond exhausted.
 

At last, Joohyun gets it done and crosses the foyer. Her gaze zeroes in on the person seated on the couch, and Joohyun is pulled towards her like a magnet.
 

Joohyun buries her head on soft, brown locks and a vanilla-scented shoulder, instantly soothed by the contact and fragrance.
 

After some shuffling, warmth engulfs Joohyun further as a pair of arms wrap around her, letting her burrow deeper into the other girl. One arm moves up to gently run through her hair, and it takes everything inside Joohyun not to fall asleep right then and there, in the comfort of Seungwan’s arms.
 

“Hi.”
 

“Mmm.”
 

“Bad day?”
 

“Mmm.”
 

“What can I do to make it better?”
 

“Mmm.”
 

Seungwan chuckles at the lack of an articulate response to her questions.
 

The vibrations of Seungwan’s laughter tickle Joohyun’s lips, and she can’t help but pucker up to give a small peck to the former’s hair. Joohyun wants to raise her head and press into the other girl’s lips for a kiss, but her head feels like lead. She opts to just plant soft kisses onto any place nearby: Seungwan’s hair, her neck, her collarbone, her T-shirt. Joohyun smiles as she feels Seungwan give an almost-inconspicuous shudder in response.
 

“Are you hungry?” Seungwan asks, trying not to let Joohyun’s butterfly kisses distract her.
 

“Mmm.”
 

“Unnie…”
 

“I’m hungry for you,” Joohyun jokes, smiling against Seungwan's shoulder despite her exhaustion.
 

Joohyun feels Seungwan's shoulder shake against her as she laughs. “Unnie, you can barely keep your eyes open, and you’re going to say something like that?”
 

Seungwan's laughter seeps warmth straight to Joohyun's bones, and she hugs the girl tighter. She feels so lucky that she can come home to a girl with welcoming arms and a smile that can melt her worries away. “Thank you.”
 

“Huh?”
 

“I love you.”
 

“Joohyun…” Seungwan whispers, caught off-guard but touched, nonetheless. “I love you too. …Are you okay?” She continues to soothingly comb through the other girl’s hair.
 

Joohyun nods against her. “Yeah. I just need some sleep.”
 

“Alright. Come on, let’s get you to your bed.” Seungwan moves to get off the couch, but Joohyun stops her with a slight shake of her head, clinging onto her tighter, like a koala.
 

“No, I want to stay with you.”
 

“But you need to sleep in a proper bed, unnie.”
 

Joohyun pulls back to face the other girl. “Sleep with me?” She asks innocently, making sure to keep a straight face. Even sleep-deprivation couldn’t stop Joohyun from wanting to tease Seungwan, and she succeeds as she watches Seungwan's eyes go wide and her cheeks glow pink.
 

“I-I-I…”
 

“Are you thinking about dirty things, Wan-ah?” Joohyun teases.
 

“No!” The girl bursts out. “I…no…of course not.”
 

“Uh huh.”
 

“You’re mean.”
 

Joohyun steals a peck. “I love you,” she repeats against the younger girl’s lips.
 

Seungwan sighs in defeat. “So mean. Come on, unnie. I’ll stay next to you while you sleep.”
 

“So you are going to sleep with me?” Joohyun teases once more.
 

“Do you want me to?” Seungwan's voice has gone down a few octaves and now Joohyun is the one stunned. She swallows audibly when she watches Seungwan one eyebrow at her, eyes serious. It was always fun to tease the younger girl, but Joohyun sometimes forgets that Seungwan has it in her to back.
 

“I…” Dirty, dirty things flit through Joohyun's mind in the speed of light. Their relationship is relatively new, so they haven’t actually gotten past kissing. Joohyun is a patient person, but honestly, she’s really looking forward to crossing past those boundaries with her girlfriend.
 

Before she can articulate a proper response, Seungwan smiles at her, shaking her head. “Let’s talk about this some other time, unnie, when you’re not going to conk out the minute you lie down on your bed.”
 

Reluctantly, Joohyun nods, reminding herself to talk about it with Seungwan soon. Or do something about it with Seungwan soon. When she can keep her eyes open for more than a minute, that is.

 


A/N:

Can you believe I had this little drabble written only halfway for 5 months? D:

I actually have a lot of scenes for the epilogue planned, but the fact that I'm being pretty crappy with writing them down made me post this right away, as well as to ask you guys if you want me to finish all the little-drabble-time-lapse scenes (kinda similar to how the story went) before I post it in one long chapter, or just post them like this: short, but you won't have to wait that long for each one?

My WenRene love has just recently been uplifted once more, and I'm trying to write a one-shot but it's a struggle, so I hope you don't mind that I'm using this story as a way to let out my creative juices. ^^