Chapter 9

Surprise

               

 

                 “S-souvenirs?”

                “Yeah, souvenirs. Ah, yeah, I forgot to tell you; I’m at Changsha now!”

                “CHANGSA??!! Oh my poor baby!! How could you be swept that far by the wave? Was there someone who held you? Oh my God, yesterday must have been really scary for you! You’ve been through a lot!”

                “Hyung, what are you talking about? Of course I’m here by plane, why would I come here by the wave’s sweep? We no longer live in Stone Age. There’s reason why plane were invented.”

                “So, your plane managed to land in Changsha? Oh my God, Thank God you are still loved by God! Why haven’t you come back here? Do the staffs there forbid you?”

                “Wait, wait, Hyung, I think our conversation somehow doesn’t click. Let me get things clear; I’m here at Changsha for my Monkey Museum business. Remember I hung up on our call yesterday? I got a call from them saying they got problem there. So, I booked the earliest flight I could get and flew there. I wanted to inform you once I arrived but I accidentally dropped my phone into the toilet bowl. I believed you know what happened next.

                Anyway, I’m too busy fixing the problem that I fell asleep right away once I arrived at my hotel. I just got to buy a new phone today. I tried to call you all through this morning, though, but I couldn’t get a hold of you. That’s why I ca—“

                “Wait, Ri, so you mean you flew in another plane to Changsha and never got in your supposed flight?”

                “Yup!”

.

 

.

 

.

 

 

 

                “WHAT THE !! YOU SON OF A B*TCH!! Get a chair and settled your damn there!! Don’t you dare move an inch until we’re there! We’re flying there!!” *BEEP*

                “Hyung!! Why did you hang up the call!! I still want to talk to Seungri!!” Jiyong pulled Seunghyun’s arm as the elder passed the phone to its owner. He groaned and he his heels, exited the room as he ignored Seunghyun who was commanding Yongbae to book the earliest flight available to Changsha for all of them.

                He d his pockets, searched for his phone before finally slapped his own forehead; he had left his phone.

                How could he call the youngest now without his phone? He flopped down to a bench nearby and sighed dramatically as he closed his eyes. “Ah, how could I be so stupid?”

---

                Seungri pulled his phone away as soon as Seunghyun’s voice blasted through the phone’s speaker, swearing he could have gone deaf if it wasn’t for his fast reflex. The shout ended with a ‘beep’, telling him the call had been ended by the people on the other line.

                He obliviously took his phone down and stared at it. “What have I done? Why did Seunghyun Hyung get so angry at me?” He stared at his phone for awhile, waiting, as if the non-living thing would offer him the answer he asked for. “Hormone, probably?”

                He cocked his eyebrow before casually stood up and walked his way to a counter to make himself a cup of coffee, tapping his fingers onto the counter as he waited for his water to get boiled.

                He filled in his lungs with the nice fragrance his coffee evaporated, taking a slow sip delightfully as he gently sat on the bed and leant his back onto the headboard.

                 “Thinking about it, I haven’t had any rest for quite a long—*RING! RING!* — time. Good.” Seungri groaned as he placed down his cup on the nightstand, reluctantly opened the door which revealed his manager.

                “Wow, Hyung, Your face seems brighter today.”

                “Well, thank to the day off you gave me. I finally able to catch up all the sleep I’ve lost. Just to let you know; taking care of a never sleep and never rest panda is not easy.” Seungri’s manager voluntarily entered Seungri’s hotel room and casually sat himself on the couch, not bothered to wait for any permission from the host.

                Seungri only shrugged the matter off as he jumped onto his bed again, enjoying his cup of coffee, simply pretended that he was alone in the big room. Couldn’t blame him, though; he was asked to remain still on his spot by Seunghyun.

                “Hey, when will we fly to Japan? Later or tomorrow?” Seungri’s manager broke the silence muffling them as he looked up from his phone, eyeing the young idol who was unusually enjoying the tranquility.

                “Don’t know, it’s likely not to be so soon. The hyungs said they will come here. By the way, talking about that; do you have any idea as to why the hyungs got so angry at me? Ji Hyung even blabbered some non-sense when I called him; it was something that goes with ‘landed’, ‘hard time’, ‘swept by the wave’, and so on.”

                “Landed? Maybe they’re talking about the plane you’re supposed to be in.”

                “I think Ji Hyung did mention it once. Is there something wrong with it?”

                “You don’t know?! It went missing! You should be grateful your Monkey Museum got trouble; otherwise, we would have been in that plane yesterday! I can’t even imagine what we’ll be today if we were in that plane.”

                “Missing?”

                “Yup, missing.”

                Seungri looked at his manager in astonishment; his mouth was agape as he leant his body forward. It was unbelievable how close he had been with an unimaginable accident.

                He immediately pulled back and blinked his eyes rapidly, regaining his composure. “So, they thought I was in that plane? Well, that kinda explains their anger.”

                “Yah, Ri, Don’t tell me you didn’t inform your hyungs about the changes in your plan!”

                “Well, if you want me to tell you the truth; I didn’t.” Seungri took the last sip off his coffe and left to place his empty cup back on the counter, taking no concern on the manager who got his jaw dropped on the floor.

 

                “OH MY GOD!! I can’t believe you, Ri!! Oh, God, I can already picture what a wreck they’ve caused in Seoul!! How come you’re still able to laugh at this matter?!”

                “Nothing, I just find it funny how for them; I am basically a man who is just being resurrected from death. Funny, isn’t it? I wonder how I should welcome them when they arrive here.” Seungri’s lips instantly twirled into a sly smirk as he his lips mischievously.

                The picture of his hyungs freaking out over him somehow amused him. If only he could turn back time, he would definitely love to see it with his own eyes.

                Well, Hyungs, This is what I call ‘The Maknae’s ultimate revenge’. Hm, let’s see what else I can do here~

---

                “What was the use of my guilt? Seriously, I feel like I’m being taken for granted.” Yongbae shook his head tiredly as he crossed his arm over his chest, voluntarily leaning onto the window’ as he closed his eyes. He was damn tired after the lack of sleep he suffered last night.

                On the other side, Daesung was struggling to keep Seunghyun at bay. The eldest hadn’t once stop cursing ever since the call ended and to be honest; Daesung was tired of his sh*t.

                “I can’t believe him!! How can he be so calmly leaving his life in Changsha when we’re stressing our head off in Seoul?! Really? For God’s sake?! I’ll swear I’ll kill him the moment I detect his dark circles from miles away!! Also, what did he mean by trying to contact Jiyong? How more ungrateful can that little brat be? He didn’t even remember me?! Jiyong, Jiyong, Jiyong, him!! At least, he should have tried to call me!! How come I got myself out of my mind for that little unruly brat?! Aiish, I’m really going to kill him! Remind me when I see him, Dae!!”

                “I also can’t believe myself; I should have received some credits by now for my patience in dealing with you over years.” Daesung rolled his eyes as he scrolled through his phone for any interesting article, ignoring Seunghyun who kept on ranting vigorously.

                “Yah, how can you be so calm as if nothing has happened? Seungri just betrayed us!! He was save all along when we’re freaking ourselves out!! Don’t you have any slightest feeling of strangling that annoyingly smooth neck of that little brat?!”

                “Of course, I have! I just don’t show it!”

                “Then, show it.”

                “Just behave, Hyung. I’m tired, I need my beauty sleep.”

                “Yah, don’t sleep! I haven’t done leashing out my anger!! Aiish, that maknae!” Seunghyun grumbled as he tighten his jacket, agitatedly shook his body as he searched for a comfortable position. Once he found it, he let his eyes closed and secretly relieved as he no longer had wild thought to him to the dreamland he had missed so much.

                “Good Hyung.” Daesung guiltlessly patted Seunghyun’s head with his eyes still closed, successfully earning a smack from the elder before the two finally slept on their own respective seats; head leaning onto each other’s.

                Jiyong couldn’t help but smile at the sight of his eldest and dongsaeng. He averted his gaze to another man beside him and smiled even wider as he saw all s were fast asleep. “If only I can sleep too.”

                He placed his arm on the chair’s arm and rested his head on his palm as he stared at Seunghyun and Daesung lovingly.

                If Seungri was here with them, it would be them sitting there. It would be them who bickered on things; it wasn’t hard for him to portray them bickering inside the plane over what music to listen. It would also be them who finally fell asleep after a load sh*t of bicker; he could even described how warm Seungri’s body temperature was when he asleep.

                That was actually one of the many reasons he found himself feeling secure whenever he slept with the younger. The younger’s body always had the perfect temperature to comfort him. He didn’t even know since when did he become so attached to the youngest.

                 Was it even possible for him now to sleep peacefully without his maknae’s good night-greeting or his warm lock? He didn’t think it’s possible.

                Last night was already a living hell for him. He couldn’t imagine how he would live such day again in the future. He couldn’t even imagine a future without Seungri in it. His future seemed oddly foreign without Seungri taking part in it.

                “Jiyong-ah, Seungri is fine. Stop worrying.” He mumbled to himself as he couldn’t hide the smile on his face, swaying his body as he looked at the clouds wrapping their plane from the plane’s window. Seungri was waiting for him somewhere under those clouds and the thought alone sounded so convincing for him.

                He couldn’t wait to see his maknae.

 

 

                What face would he have when he looked at the very man that introduced him to all the dread over one night?