Chapter 8

Surprise

.

.

.

 

                “Seungri-ah!! Hyung misses you so much!! Don’t scare Hyung!!” Jiyong immediately turned around and threw his arm around the man lying behind him, smiling happily at the latter. Yet, the wide smile decorating his face didn’t last long as he made out who he hugged;

                he wasn’t his maknae.

                Jiyong slowly let his hands slid off the latter’s body, turning his back on the latter as he curled into a ball; hugging his knees and buried his head. He let the tears he’d been holding back all this time to finally roll down his face, quietly leaving evident traces on his colorless face. He jolted up again as the arm sneaked under his waist for the second time.

 

 

                “I’m sorry Ji, I just want to sleep here too. I-I also miss our maknae…”  Seunghyun stuttered as he pulled his hand back. He also wished to have a reminder of his maknae to keep himself sane from all the haunting thought. He needed someone to hold on to stop the storm raging inside his head.

                Jiyong only nodded weakly as he turned to lie on his back, slowly closing his eyes. “J-just sleep here, Hyung. But, don’t sneak your arms under my waist. That’s the thing only Seungri could do.”

                A tear rolled down his cheek again as he remember the old time; at times like this, when he didn’t feel at ease, Seungri would lie behind him and sneaked his arm under his waist, assuring him the world with his shooting whispers and the warmth his body provided.

                Yet now, when he was at his most needing assurance moment, Seungri was nowhere to be found.

                “Hyungs, are you guys okay? Maybe we can share the night?” Daesung showed up on the door frame with Yongbae behind him. They stood unmoving as if they were waiting for approval to step in. They finally entered after Seunghyun sat up and nodded his head.

                Daesung got under the blanket and positioned himself beside Seunghyun, stealthily took in Seungri’s scent from his pillow. He was also fighting his own crazy thoughts that he felt like his head was ready to explode anytime around.

                 Yongbae though, wasn’t taking any place at the bed, instead he laid himself next to Jiyong on the floor.

                “Bae, what are you doing there? We still have plenty of space here.” Seunghyun scooted closer to Daesung and showed Yongbae the emptied space for him. He creased his eyebrow as Yongbae shook his head.

                “I’m the one who caused all this. If I didn’t ask YG to send him to Japan, he wouldn’t be on that plane. We don’t even know how his condition is right now. How can I sleep comfortably on his bed?”

                “Bae, let’s stop talking about that. Your guilt won’t save Seungri,” Jiyong weakly said as he opened his eyes, staring at Yongbae with his piercing yet heartbreaking gaze screaming his sadness.

                “We need each other more than any time now, Bae. I am certain; we would have been shattered now if it wasn’t for us staying together. So, stop blaming yourself. You didn’t want this to happen either.” Seunghyun opened his arm, gesturing Yongbae to crawl in.

                “Honrstly, I’m losing my faith on him with every hours passed. This night is cold; Maknae doesn’t work well with the cold.”  Yongbae lay on the space between Seunghyun and Jiyong, eyes refusing to close.

                “Let’s convince each other tonight and come to the airport first thing tomorrow, Hyungs,”  Daesung suggested as all the three members of BIGBANG snuggled closer under the blanket, leaving Jiyong alone who asked for a time for himself.

                “Good night, Hyungs.”

                “Don’t turn off the lamp, Dae.”

---

                “Where are you going, Bae? Dae?” Jiyong stirred from his slumber. He was having a hard time sleeping last night that he barely had any sleep. He rubbed his eyes and shot up from the bed.

                “Ah, Ji, You’ve woken up. There’s just a call from the airport saying they’ve found some passengers.” Yongbae wore his belt in a rush, adjusting his pants and wore his shocks. Daesung who was next to him did the same as they both ignored the twinkles forming on Jiyong’s eyes.

                “S-seungri’s found?! I’m coming with you!! Wait, I’ll wake Seunghyun Hyung!!” Jiyong happily jumped on Seunghyun, literally crushing the eldest on bed as he quickly jumped off once the eldest was awoken, ignoring the latter’s groan.

                He happily and innocently pulled out one of his maknae’s clothes, taking advantage of the same size he shared with his maknae.  He wore the clothes and happily hopped his way out of the room to wear his shoes, impatient to see his maknae’s well-being again.

                “Faster, Guys!! Seungri is waiting for us!!” Jiyong shouted as he’d done his shoes, fidgeting on his spot, swearing he would leaped onto his maknae and just hugged him all he wanted the moment he saw him.

                “I’m buttoning my shirt!!” Seunghyun grumbled as he repeatedly missed his button for doing it in a rush. He wore his shocks carelessly as he hopped his way to where the other members were waiting for him. “Let’s go.”

                The members promptly jumped into Seungri’s car since they didn’t come here by their car yesterday, trusting Jiyong to drive Seungri’s beloved car.

                Well, apparently that wasn’t the best choice to make…

 

 

                “Yah, Ji!! I want to meet my maknae first before I die!!” Seunghyun held onto the car headrest as Jiyong spurred up the car speed, driving in an inhuman speed through Seoul’s busy road, passing cars with every chance he was given.

                “Me too, I want to meet Seungri.” Jiyong stirred his steer and stabilized the car again after a sharp drift.  He was thrilled by his own mind; he could picture clearly how his maknae was pouting impatiently to be picked up by them at the airport.

                “Ji, let me be the one to drive. You’re killing us!!” Yongbae jumped into the conversation as he held on Jiyong’s headrest tightly; Jiyong was indeed crazy. “You’re gonna get us caught by the police and resulted us to meet Maknae later!!

 

                “Fine, I’ll drive slower!!”

 

                The three members sighed out in relief as Jiyong drastically slowed down the car speed to a more normal speed.

                 All of them sat in anticipation as they couldn’t wait to meet their maknae, hoping their maknae would come back to them as a whole and nothing bad happen on him. They really couldn’t bear if anything happen on their baby maknae.

---

                Each one of them went limp as they took in the news they just received. They were actually called to help the identification which showed nothing but how the passengers found was not in a good shape.

                “I-identification?” Jiyong stuttered as he was being supported by Daesung. Yongbae was already sitting down on a nearby seat, processing the unbelievable news.

                “Yes, Sir. We need your cooperation to identify the passengers. We need one of you to do a DNA test so we can identify whether your relative is one or isn’t one of the found passengers.” The staff reservedly explained to them which left all of them helpless.

                “W-we aren’t his biological family. We are his band members.” Daesung answered on Jiyong’s behalf as the leader had turned frozen on his spot out of shock and denial. “B-but, we can help with the visual identification.”

                The staff whispered to the other staff for awhile before finally nodded and turned to look at Daesung again.  “Well, then, Sir, please follow us to the next room.”

                “I-is Seungri there?” Jiyong asked with a barely audible voice as all his face had gone pale. It wasn’t easy for him to take the news. “Let me see him, please.”  He straightened up and stood on his feet, looking for the staff’s approval as his legs slightly trembled.

                “We’re deeply sorry, Sir. But, we will only ask some question and show photographs. The passengers’ respective bodies are still remained on the evacuation spot.”

 

 

                “Are you really expecting us to believe Seungri’s been dead when you can’t even show us his body?!” Jiyong suddenly exploded, startling everyone presented in the room as Daesung and Seunghyun instinctively held him. “Let me go!! This b*tch is telling us our maknae is gone when she can’t even show us his body, how dare she?! Let go!!!”

                “Ji!! Calm down!! You exploding here can’t bring us to maknae!!”

                                

 

                “Miss, Is there any chance we can go to the evacuation spot and indentify our member with our own eyes?” Yongbae grabbed the staff shoulder, locking his gaze with her pleadingly as he left Daesung and Seunghyun to deal with their hysteric leader.

                “I’m sorry, Sir. We’re trying to stick with the procedure.”

                “I beg you, Miss. I promise we won’t interrupt the evacuation process.”

                “I’m really sorry, Sir. It really isn’t justified by the rules. We can’t go against the rules.”

                “Please, Miss, use your conscience on us, you can see here; one of our brothers cannot accept it unless he sees him with his own eyes. It applies the same to all of us. I beg you. We really need to see him with our own eyes.” Yongbae bowed his deepest in front of the staff, praying his wish would be granted. A photo wouldn’t be enough to make them believe their maknae had cruelly left them.

                “S-sir?! I’ll ask the superior, please raise your head.” The staff panicked as he tried to get Yongbae to straighten up, totally flustered at the act Yongbae did to her as eyes were now aimed on her. She quickly excused herself once Yongbae lifted his head and dashed off to search for her superior.

                Yongbae turned around at the sight of the leaving staff, he walked over to his best friend, intended on helping s to calm down the hysteric Dragon when his phone vibrated on his pocket.     

                He wasn’t in the mood for a phone call, especially considering Jiyong’s unstable state and the news declared on him a moment ago, yet he found his conscience yelled for him to pick it up; the scream was so loud that he finally gave up to his own conscience and picked the phone.

                “Hello?  Who is this?”

                “Hyung, it’s me, are Jiyong Hyung with you?”

.

.

.

                “MAKN—“

                “SEUNGRI-AH!!! Is that you?! Are you okay? You’re fine right?! Tell me you’re fine!!”

                “Ah, Ji Hyung! Thank God I finally can contact you. Are you crying? Well, yeah, I’m fine. Why are you asking that? By the way, what do you want for souvenirs?”