Chapter 7

Surprise

 

SeungriSeungri… SEUNGRI!!!

.

.

.

                Jiyong ran across the airport, shoving his way in, completely ignoring the hungry hands trying to reach him or his throbbing ankle. Soonho was running behind him, trying his best to chase after him. He grabbed a staff; he didn’t know who was she nor what part she served for in the airport, the point was she wore uniform!

                “MooAir flight!! Seoul to Tokyo!! Seungri?! Where?! WHERE?!” He shook the poor staff, ignoring Soonho who was pulling his hand to help the poor staff.  “Where?! AAhhh!!” he shoved the staff away harshly, messed his own hair before running into random direction.

                “Seungri!! Where are you? Stop hiding!! Hyung’s here!! Seungri!!” He turned his head, looked at every direction, scanning hundreds head to find a certain dark brown fluffy hair shading his beloved maknae’s figure.  He shoved his way, made his own way, pushed other, ignored glares aimed on him all for nothing as his knees lost its strength.

 

                There’s no Seungri…

 

                “Sir, are you a relative of QR4301 passenger?”

                Jiyong only sat still, droplets of burning tears escaped his eyes. They prickled his face as if they were needles, burning the area it trailed. He couldn’t hear any voices nor feel the shoves people gave.  He could only make a figure of a woman he had shouted to earlier crouched before him. But what did she say? He couldn’t hear her.

                “She’s asking you, Ji!! Get a hold of yourself!!” Soonho yelled as he tried to block some fans who had started to push their way to the devastated idol. He kept shouting for the idol to come back to reality and not off to his own little world, but he failed miserably. He let out a loud sigh and gave out an answer on the idol’s stead. “Yes, Miss. He’s a relative of a passenger.”

                “Ah, please come with me, Sir.” The staff led Jiyong away with Soonho protecting him. They were brought to a room where there were already several people with the same state as Jiyong was in, some of them was hysterical, angry, or completely silent like Jiyong. Staffs were reassuring them and calming them down.

                Jiyong lifelessly slid down on a prepared seat and let Soonho do things for him. Soonho was asking the staffs regarding the update of the search operations. He sat beside Jiyong, held him, and patting him to give some support.

                “How?”

                “They haven’t found anything. But, they’ll inform us right away if they get any update.” Soonho’s heart broke at the sight of Jiyong who was curling into a ball beside him, hugging his knees vulnerably. He was in the end still the same Kwon Ji Yong he was; he was just as human as the other victims relative.

                 He didn’t have any strength left to put on his G Dragon mask.

 

                “Jiyong-ah!!” Seunghyun shouted as he entered the room and immediately flew to hug his dongsaeng. He was in the middle of his filming when he heard the news.

                Daesung who came with Seunghyun carefully wrapped his hyungs for a group hug. He also needed some assurance to stop his wild mind.

               A moment after, Yongbae came, panting, face still full of makeup, still dressed in the outfit he wore for CF Shooting. He went straight to the big ball made of none other than s who were still tangled in each other arms, enveloping them with his arms.

                “Seungri will be fine. He is a strong one. He’ll make it. Seungri is strong,” Yongbae said more to himself than s. They were hugging for quite a long time until they broke away and silently sat around their broken leader.  Soonho decided to leave them for some privacy.

                “Yongbae Hyung’s right. Maknae is our strong baby!” Daesung masked a tough look while he squeezed Jiyong’s hand.

                “I’ll make sure to get our naughty baby punished for worrying us once he’s home.” Seunghyun added with the intention of cheering up the situation. But, the situation wasn’t cheered up, even after Seunghyun’s little fake laughter that sounded so dry it became more like mourn of grieve rather than laughter.

                “Hyung, don’t force yourself.” Yongbae stood and patted the eldest whose tear finally rolled down. He rubbed the eldest back endlessly as he wiped the elder’s tear with his thumb. “It’s all my faults. I shouldn’t be that reckless. If only I could control my own emotion better, Maknae wouldn’t have been on that plane. We wouldn’t be here!” He finally broke down beside Seunghyun.

                “Hyungs, don’t cry. It isn’t like Seungri is dead. Seungri will be fine. Didn’t we say we believe in him?” Daesung quickly stood from his seat and rushed to his wailing hyungs, calming and taming them to stop crying. He hushed them and kept on chanting how Seungri will be safe and sound. “Ji Hyung, lend me a hand, will you? I can’t handle them myself!!” 

                Silence fell on them.

                 Daesung, Yongbae, and Seunghyun looked at Jiyong. Their gaze changed from quizzical to sympathy in a matter of second as they realized how Jiyong was actually the most broken one amongst them. He was the closest to Seungri, moreover, he was also one of the most fragile one between them.

                “Dae is right. Seungri is strong. He’ll be safe. He’ll come back to us. He’s strong.” Jiyong tried to convince himself as he looked up to s’ eyes, each of theirs, seeking for assurance and approval. “Why do all of you look at me that way?”

                “Yeah, Seungri is strong. We should believe in him more. He’ll be safe.” Yongbae patted Jiyong’s hand and served him a warm smile which was approved by nods from his other members.

                Jiyong couldn’t help but to return the smile. Although all smiles were broken, at least broken smile of 4 would make it up to be worth being called a smile.

                 In the end, the rest of all BIGBANG members sat quietly, hand in hand, waiting for any updates possible to bring them a step closer to their maknae.

                They put faith in him.

---

                “Let’s stay together tonight.” Yongbae prompted as he intertwined his gaze with the members’. All of them approved the idea and dealt to spend the night in their maknae’s apartment; not the rightest thing to do considering they hadn’t got any consent from the host, but who cared? They needed each other more than anything today.

                They left the airport by their van. Yongbae and Seunghyun led the way as Daesung supported Jiyong, Jiyong by far was the worse amongst them.

                Yongbae entered the password and opened the door for s, neatly tidied up the members shoes after all of them got in. The 4 BIGBANG members right away fell to the couch. Seunghyun the television and stopped by a channel broadcasting news. Daesung and Yongbae dashed off to God knew where while Jiyong sat still on his seat.

                “Ji, Seungri will be fine, you know?” Seunghyun scooted to his leader side and pushed the younger closer to him. He didn’t like the idea of worry consuming him and s. Until today, he never really knew worry could go to such a scary extend.

                “I know, Hyung. But, I can’t just immediately be all smiley.”

                “Hyung, let me look at your ankle.” Daesung came and swiftly held the leader’s foot, checking it as the leader still froze in the eldest arm. He accumulated his attention to the wounded ankle and professionally treated it. “I knew it; it gets worse. You ran your way at the airport, didn’t you?”

                Jiyong weakly nodded as he leant onto the eldest. He let Daesung treated his ankle as his mind wander off to another man.

 

                Was he really alright? Was he hungry? Was he cold? Oh no, he’s bad at dealing with cold. Did he bring any jacket with him? If he did, did he managed to get it with him? Was he on land or was he being rocked in the limitless sea? Wait, did he manage to float on a card board or did he still be tangled with his seatbelt, drowned into the deep dark sea? Did his plane fell on sea or on land?

 

                Too many questions, but no single answer; it’s torturing him. He shook his head and focused on the television, but again his ears caught nothing.

                 Official’s corruptions, bad weather, traffic accident, it; they weren’t what he was looking for. He was waiting for any update regarding Seungri’s plane. He only needed information involving his baby.

                “Ji, let’s have dinner first.” Yongbae pulled him back to reality and pointed at the big pot filled with ramyeon. He handed him a pair of chopstick and started eating himself.

                That night, they ate together in silence with suffocating air engulfing them. No one said a word; no word needed to be exchanged. They were tired and hungry.

                The news anchor’s voice was the only thing reminded them how the world still remained noisy outside.

                They finished their dinner and washed their own bowls, patting each other back or squeezed each other shoulder once in a while before they were spread on different places as they took turn showering.

                Seunghyun was at the balcony smoking, Yongbae cleaning up everything his hand could reach, Daesung and Jiyong only sat rigidly in front of the television; glaring at the it. The only thing counted as them sharing was how all of them got their ear attached on the speaker, struggling to catch everything being delivered in hope of hearing update about their baby.

                It was finally past midnight when all of them decided to end the day after glaring at the innocent television for hours to find nothing. Their eyes had been screaming for a sleep.

 

                “Ji, where are you going?” Seunghyun asked the latter who had made his way to Seungri’s room.

                “I miss Seungri.”

                 Jiyong opened the door to Seungri’s room and crawled on his bed, taking Seungri’s pillow and hugged it to his chest, Seungri’s scent off it. He hugged it tighter as his mind once again wander off wildly. He should believe more in his maknae, but he couldn’t deny how hard it was at time like this. He forcefully shut his eyes, trying to get rid of bad images.

                Just then, an arm suddenly sneaked under his waist, as he jolted from his position.

 

                Arm sneaking under his waist? There’s only one person who did this to him, wasn’t it? Yes it was!!! There’s indeed only one person who did it! H-he’s back!!

.

.

.

Seungri!!!