Chapter 6

Surprise

                The air was thick with tension. Seungri had never imagined his living room to be a war zone nor how his stupid little childishness could put him into such a big serious matter. Yongbae and Seunghyun had been cornering him and Jiyong for the past half an hour with their glares, while Daesung was powerlessly trying to cut the tension. Jiyong who slowly understood what situation he was in only shrank down.

                Seungri treated Jiyong’s ankle with full awkwardness as the elders eyes were besieging him as if he was their prey. He patted Jiyong’s kness gently for assurance as Jiyong continuously looked at him with pleading eyes. He put back all the things he used and went to the kitchen to serve s tea.

                The atmosphere was still wary as the five BIGBANG members took their own cup and glided down the cups’ content. Seungri could only secretly hope the elders’ anger could glide down alongside their own cups’ content.  Once he downed all his tea, he cleared his throat, prepared to clear the misunderstanding they were tangled in.

                “Hyungs, may I explain now?”

                “What reasoning do you have now?! You little brat!! You too, Jiyong!!” Yongbae shifted his glare to Jiyong

                “I didn’t do anything!! All of you think of this way too far, it’s becoming non-sense!!” Jiyong defended himself.

                “First, I thought Daesung was just joking when he said both of you did ‘it’, now I start to doubt it was merely a joke. Both of you suddenly turned so clingy and what with today? You were going somewhere with only two of you, moreover one of you dressed as a girl. What next? Are you going to tell us you are going gay?!”

               

                *BANG!!*

 

                All eyes were averted to Yongbae who had hit the table. Yongbae breathed shallowly, his gaze was straight as if he was looking at something invisible in front of him.

                “Listen, this is not only involving both of you. This involves all of us; BIGBANG!! Do you think Korea accept gay? No, we’ll be destroyed right away!! Moreover, there is no such crap as man loves man!! I’m gonna get both of you separated. End of discussion!!”

                Yongbae grabbed his coat and attempting to leave when Seungri grabbed his hand. “Hyung, you’re too much!! I told you to LISTEN!!! We’re just fooling around!! Do you really think we’ll do something risking BIGBANG? We’re not that stupid!!” Seungri glared at the elder with the same intensity the elder gave, competing on who would be the one intimidated.

                “You might only fool around today, what about tomorrow?  I’m separating you because I want to prevent both of you from having any more abnormalities and risk BIGBANG!!” Yongbae pulled his hand harshly before he exited Seungri’s apartment leaving the four members behind.

                Seungri only let out a long sigh. He failed to give explanation. He messed his hair in frustration. He suddenly felt all his energy being drained out.

                Seunghyun gulped down his tea in one shot, wiping his mouth and straighten up on his seat to chill his own temper. Daesung was the only one left cool-headed as he volunteered to bring all the cups to the sink, he washed them and went back to the living room.

                “Hyung, let me drive you home.” Daesung offered Jiyong which was quickly accepted by the latter. He swiftly helped Jiyong up and supported him. Daesung composedly walked over to Seunghyun and stopped beside him. “Hyung, when I said they did ‘it’, I’m only joking.” He turned to look at Seungri who was standing across Seunghyun. “I’m going home first. I’ll drive Jiyong Hyung home.”

                He carefully closed the door, leaving Seungri’s apartment wrapped in another deafening silence. Unable to take all the thing just happened earlier, Seungri groaned and proceed himself to his own room. He no longer had energy for shower so he carelessly threw himself onto his bed, closing his eyes for some solace, trying to forget the mess he just in earlier.

                His eyes flew open as a squeeze pressured his stiff shoulder, revealing Seunghyun. “Reflect on yourself, maknae. Hyung’s going home.” He patted Seungri’s shoulder and left with his eyes holding so much emotion that Seungri had hardness identifying them. This time Seungri believed that not saying a thing was the best act to do.

                Just as Seungri readied to close his eyes again, Seunghyun’s head suddenly popped up from the narrowly opened door. “By the way, Ri, don’t be mad at Yongbae. He was having some problem and he was already on the edge, so you know… you kinda add more to his list. He was momentarily so easy to light up and caught on flame.”

                “Okay, I know.”

                “And, I-I’m sorry for exploding earlier. I shouldn’t have accused you that far. I’ll try to compensate with Yongbae and YG to be easy on you and Jiyong.”

                “Okay, thank you, Hyung.”

                “Hm, don’t be. I’m leaving.”

                “’Kay. Carefull.” Seunghyun closed the door after Seungri’s words and the younger immediately slumped back against his bed. He finally dozed off, thinking what would wait for him and Jiyong the next day. He could only hope it wouldn’t be something bad.

---

                3 hours; it was the only duration given by YG for Seungri to pack his clothes and left for the airport. Yongbae had talked to YG and YG decided on sending Seungri to Japan for half a year. He was to promote and do all his activities in Japan for the rest of the year while Jiyong stayed behind in Seoul for his solo preparations including BIGBANG’s upcoming preparations.

 

 

                “Yeah, Hyung, I’m at the airport with my manager now. How is your ankle, better?”

                “Much better than yesterday, Daesung’s here helping me out. Thank to our so-called-date yesterday, I’m getting another day off.”

                “Yeah, thank to my stupid idea of dating you. I am shipped to Japan by YG.”

                “I swear I’m gonna give Yongbae lesser part on the next song! He got me separated with my maknae!!” Jiyong started to whine on his phone. He never liked the idea of his maknae leaving him. “You’re not allowed to forget me like you did on my birthday.”

                “Aish, Hyung!! Drop it already!! We’re surprising you that why I didn’t wish you!! Any way I made it up to you by dealing with you on your drunken state, didn’t I? You should be grateful I didn’t just leave you on the road side.”

                “Whatever, maknae-ah, come here~”

                “Look at you, Hyung. I haven’t even left yet and you’re already whining. Aren’t Dae Hyung there?”

                “Dae isn’t taking good care of m—“

                “What do you mean with that, Ji Hyung!! Don’t believe him, Seungri-ah!!” Daesung cut in the conversation which forced Seungri to pull his phone away from his ear. He’s still young and he didn’t plan on becoming deaf any time soon. Daesung shout was clearly not something endearing to his ears.

                He was chuckling at the little commotion on the other line when he heard a little ‘beep’  which indicated him another call had intersected with Jiyong’s call.

                “Hyung, I’ll call you again when I arrive. Bye.”

                “Wai—“ *Beep*

                Jiyong sighed after his maknae hung up on him again. He grabbed his fork and heartlessly stabbed his pancake, releasing his bad mood driven by no other than his maknae himself. He loved day off but not when he was left alone; he had always been easily lonely and his maknae knew it better than anyone else.

                “Hyung, you better eat your pancake now or Seungri will beat me for not feeding you. Ah~ I wish I had someone as caring as he is.” Daesung rested his hand on the table. He gazed dreamily and all Jiyong did was rolling his eyes in annoyance.

                “How come you still have the heart to joke about it? Ah, thinking back, I still haven’t able to proceed what just happened yesterday. Don’t you think this problem is a bit exaggerated? What’s wrong with me fooling around with my own dongsaeng? It’s not like Yongbae either to be so hasty on judging thing.” Jiyong munched his pancake in ungraceful manner as he locked his gaze with Daesung’s, trying to squeeze some answer out from the younger’s mouth.

                “Well, Yongbae Hyung is having problem of his own. We can’t blame him. Thankfully Seunghyun Hyung was there to compensate with YG or else the outcome wouldn’t be as sweet as what we got now.”

                “What did you mean by ‘sweet’? It’s nothing sweet; he still separates me and my maknae!! Any way is Yongbae’s problem still the same problem he had with Hyorin?”

                “I don’t know either. Bae Hyung didn’t want to talk it with us.” Daesung took Jiyong’s empty plate and placed it onto the sink.  He washed the plate in silence, thinking the conversation he had had with Yongbae and Seunghyun.

                He was stuck between telling or not telling Jiyong.  He absolutely recognized the fact that Jiyong was Yongbae’s best friend, but seeing how Yongbae went to him first instead of Jiyong got him hesitated to tell the leader.

                He stole a glimpse of his leader who was now seated in front of the television; all grumpy and complaining to himself. There was no way he talked serious problem with him now.

                He placed the plate on its rack and wiped his hands. He proceeded to the couch and grabbed his bag. “Hyung, I’m leaving. I have schedules. Don’t forget to eat your lunch.”

                “What? Wait, you’re not leaving me too, Dae~” Jiyong quickly threw his gaze from the unmoving box to his leaving dongsaeng, pleading for him to stay with him. Daesung only cringed at the sight in front of him in disbelieve.

                “Hyung, I’m not Seungri. That won’t work on me.  Any way I’m leaving, bye.” In no time, Daesung had successfully flown out of Jiyong’s apartment.

                Jiyong grumpily folded his hands and slumped against the couch. He flipped through channels while continued on complaining. In the end, he fell asleep on the couch after not finding any channel to watch. It was probably the first time he complained all day on his day off.

---

 

                “Hello, everyone. I am Kim Jae Eun. We’ll start with the breaking news; a MoonAir flight from Seoul is reported missing. Flight number 4301 lost contact to the air traffic controller earlier today while on road to Japan, Tokyo. The airline said search on rescue operations are underway. It was confirmed in a statement that flight QR 4301 from Seoul to Tokyo lost contact with air traffic controller at 12.34 KST today. The statement goes on to say this: In present time, we unfortunately have no further information regarding the status of the passengers and crew members on board. We will continue to disclose the story for you and bring it more developments as they come into us”

 

                Jiyong’s eyes fluttered open as soon as his ears caught the news. MoonAir flight? Seoul to Tokyo? His mind instantly flew to a certain man he cared so much. In an instance, his whole went numb as his fingers tremblingly reached for his mouth. “I-isn’t that S-seungri’s f-fl-flight?"

 

 

                 No… please, just NO!!! You have to be fine, you have to!

.

.

.

SEUNGRI!!

 

Hey, Guys!! Reeeading's here! Thank you so much guys for all your lovely comments. They are truly what keep me writing till today!! <33 So, please keep on commenting so I can know what you guys think of my story. ^^ Secondly I want to sincerely apologize if something in this chapter offending you, please don't hate Yongbae in this story!! I was trying to capture a homophobic society to keep this story moving. Lastly, the airline and flight number in this chapter were all fictional as they were based on my imagination. Finally, hope you enjoy this chapter~ <33