Chapter 1

Surprise

                “Dae~!! Are two bottles enough?” Seunghyun raised both bottles, showing off his expensive wine at Daesung who was busy unpacking foods.

                “Yeah. Now can you help me unpack the foods, Hyung? There’s still a bunch there.” Daesung pointed at the packed food sitting on the other side of the kitchen counter. It was a busy night and the clock was ticking non-stop, telling them it was getting closer to the end of their leader’s birthday. Seunghyun left the wine on the table and swiftly helped his dongsaeng.

                Yongbae burst in, wrapped in thick jackets and tired look was evident on his face. “Where’s Seungri?” he asked the two busy members, unhappy to not find his maknae in Seunghyun’s luxurious kitchen. He was expecting everyone to come in his best friend birthday.

                “He’ll be late. He called me earlier and the news was also broadcasted on TV; his plane was delayed due to bad weather.” Daesung handed Yongbae a glass of water and went back to do his respective task.

                Yongbae only hissed, he really wanted everything to be perfect for this surprise, but it seemed like everything was wrong from its very start. The four of them had actually planned the surprise party meticulously under Yongbae’s lead, but the schedule forced them to pathetically ruin their own plan. Daesung, Seunghyun, and him was stuck with a sudden schedule, giving them no choice but to be free really late, Seungri on the other hand was suddenly summoned to Japan for a variety show he regularly hosted.

                He messed his own hair in frustration, glaring at the clock, hoping by his glare the clock would stop ticking as it scared of his warth. “Let’s call Jiyong and invite him here.” Yongbae fished out his phone and pressed the call button. After a few rings, the call was finally picked.

                Seunghyun was helping Daesung putting the last touch to the perfectly prepared table, smiling smugly at their job. He was preparing to update his instagram when he heard Yongbae sighed loudly.

                Daesung approached the frustrated member who just threw his phone on the couch. “What’s wrong, Hyung?”

                “He’s in the club!! Sooho told me Jiyong goes crazy in the club. I’ll pick him!!” Yongbae grabbed his jacket and left as fast as the lightning, leaving Daesung confused. Seunghyun only shrugged his shoulder the moment Daesung looked at him.

                “Let’s just entertain ourselves with something while we wait for them,” Seunghyun casually said

---

                Yongbae only put his hand on his waist, looking at his devastated leader. Jiyong was slumping against the couch in a club, face red, eyes half closed half opened, clearly losing his senses. Soonho only sat beside Jiyong, slightly afraid of Yongbae who seemed like ready to swallow them any second close.

                “H-he thought all of you forgot his birthday, so he drank madly,” Soonho explained the reason why Jiyong got deadly drunk on his birthday. Yongbae only clicked his tongue. It was true that none of them texted him or called him like they always did, but it was for the sake of their surprise. They didn’t think Jiyong would be hurt by it.

                “We did it because we want to surprise you,” Yongbae explained. Jiyong only raised his finger and giggled drunkenly.

                “Yongbae-ah… Kyeoptaa~” Jiyong pinched Yongbae cheeks happily leaving the latter shouting in pain. He pulled away Jiyong’s hand and irritatedly yelled at him.

                “Jiyong, you know what? You’re drunk, Screw it!!” Yongbae grabbed his jacket and stomped on his feet, leaving the totally drunk man alone with panicking Soonho. It was never a good idea to mess up with Yongbae when he was deadly tired.

                “Why is Yongbae leaving?” Jiyong only asked at Soonho innocently, still unable to obtain his senses. He looked at the unfinished vodka and smile happily, grabbing it and gulping it.

                “Ji-Jiyong!! You’re drunk already!”

                “Move it, Soonho.” He glared at Soonho, who was looking at him with an eyes begging for mercy. In the end, Soonho dreadfully let go his hands, watching as Jiyong drowned himself in another bottle. Jiyong was clearly dangerous when he’s upset.

                Yongbae got in his car. He crossed his arms on top of his steers ready to lay his head on it when his phone rang. Sighing, he looked at the caller ID; Seungri. He pressed the answer button and pressed it to his ear.

                “Hyung, where are you? Have the party ended? I just landed.”

                “Don’t ask anything now, Seungri-ah. Just come to the club and pick Jiyong. He’s deadly drunk.”

                “What? Drunk? Club? Is the party’s place got changed?”

                “Just come and you’ll understand.”

                “Okay, I’m hailing a cab.”

                “I trust him to you.” With that Yongbae pushed his phone back to his pocket and started off his engine. He left the club and went back to Seunghyun’s house.

                Guess the party needed to wait….

---

                “Hyung, What are you doing here?” Seungri panted as he looked bewilderedly at his hyung’s desperate state. His bag was still slung on his shoulder, jacket still worn, adam’s apple jumping up and down; screaming for water.

                Jiyong only looked up, the picture was a blur. He blinked his eyes and finally able to make out a figure of a man, looking all identical with his maknae. He chuckled at his own, grabbing his maknae’s face who yelped out in surprise of the sudden act. “You look exactly like my maknae.”

                “Because I’m your maknae!!” Seungri yelled after the ridiculous statement. He held Jiyong’s hands and carefully moving it from his face. He sighed at the sight in front of him, knowing how drunk his hyung was. Jiyong only slumped back to his seat.

                “When is your birthday?”

                “Eh? 12 December?” Seungri answered confusedly at his hyung’s sudden question. “Aish, Hyung, you really need to go home.” He took out his wallet, intended on fishing some money out to pay for his hyung’s bill, but his action was cut by the half conscious leader.

                “You also have the same birthday as my maknae~” he idiotically grinned as he poked the younger’s . “Even your looks like my maknae’s.”  He laughed a little more leaving the younger blushed in embarrassment.

                Seungri quickly finished the payment and went back to his leader. “I’m really is your maknae, Hyung!! Now, let’s go home.” He bent down and picked up the drunken leader by his armpit, the dragon only pushed his hand, laughing ridiculously, sliding down the couch again. “Hyung, don’t make it hard.”

                “Stop calling me ‘Hyung’!! Only my maknae’s allowed to do it!!” Jiyong randomly hit the seat beside him and kicked the floor around him like a little kid throwing tantrum.

                Seungri only looked at him in disbelieve, sighing out again before crouching in front of him. He sneaked his arm and pulled the elder hands, bringing it to cup his own face. He looked straightly to Jiyong’s eyes, ready to pierce through layers to see through the elder’s soul.

                “Look, Hyung. I’m really is Seungri, you’re maknae. Now, let’s go home, ‘kay?” He raised his eyebrows, looking at his messy leader dearly. He didn’t even know what to feel when he saw the twinkle in his leader’s face which was enough to tell him he had managed to assure his leader.

                To his surprise, Jiyong suddenly threw himself onto him and hugged him tightly, so tight that it actually suffocated him; Jiyong was clinging like his life depended on him.

                 “Ri!!! I miss you!! Really, really miss you!! How can you not call me or text me any wishes for my birthday today? I thought you’ve forgotten me!! The other members were all the same too,” Jiyong wailed out on Seungri’s shoulder leaving the younger freak out in panic, oblivious of what he should do.

                “Hy-hyung? We didn’t forget your birthday.”

                Jiyong didn’t stop; his broken wail came out even more mercilessly. In the end, Seungri was left with no choice other than dragging the clingy dragon inside a cab. He gave Jiyong’s apartment address and focused back on the dragon who had started to calm down.

                Jiyong was now leaning onto Seungri, pouting as he fought his tears. “You left me,” he declared gaining the younger’s attention.

                “Hyung, it’s not like it was the first time I went to Japan alone.”

                “But it was the first time you forgot me!!” Jiyong threw another tantrum and Seungri only rolled his eyes. He mentally prayed for the cab to arrive quickly so he could have his good night sleep.

                “I didn’t forgot, Hyung. I didn’t wish you any birthday wishes because I want to surprise you,” Seungri was trying to make it up with the leader.

                “You’re forgetting my birthday!!” Jiyong started to kick crazily, causing a chaos inside the cab as Seungri tried to stop him. The irritated driver threatened to kick them out, so Seungri ended up begging him to drop them in Seunghyun’s house which was the closest to their current position.

                He locked his leader with his hand as he paid the driver, apologized continuously for his elder’s behavior and went inside Seunghyun’s house with his spare key. He was glad he hadn’t given back Seunghyun’s spare key that he borrowed.

                “My maknae left m—“

                Seungri immediately blocked his leader mouth with his hand, stopping it to blabber out nonsense and woke the other who was sleeping in the living room uncoordinatedly; probably tired of waiting for them who took so long to come.

                He felt the leader slowly hushed down, so he checked on him. Realizing his leader had started to doze off, Seungri swiftly dragged the dragon to Seunghyun’s empty guest room. He was ready to lay the elder on the bed when he was suddenly sprayed with warm, thick and smelly liquid; Jiyong just threw up on him.

                “Ah!! Hyung!!!” Seungri groaned out loudly, disgusted at the liquid drenching down his body. He looked at his hands and immediately trembled. What was that? Rice? He didn’t know anymore as he left his leader and ran to the bathroom, washing his hands several times and made sure they were cleaned.

                He walked back to the room, watching as Jiyong lay on the bed with dirty mouth. He sighed out again before walking to his hyung. He really wished to sleep, but looking at his hyung state, he knew his sleep had to wait. He didn’t have the heart to leave his hyung be.

                He picked Jiyong up and dragged him to the bathroom, washing his face, feet, and hands before changing his clothes. He only had a clean tee and boxer in his bag so he let Jiyong wore it.

                Once he placed Jiyong to bed, he reached for some cleaning supplies and cleaned the vomit stain Jiyong left. He cleaned himself afterward and walked back limply toward the bed sitting in the middle of the room; only with a pair of boxers since he no longer had any clean clothes in his bag.

                He let his feet led his body as all his energy had been drained out from his body. He straightly fell on on his belly with hands stretched on top of Jiyong. Jiyong who felt some weight on him only groaned in his sleep and mumbled several incomprehensive words before he tackled the younger into a hug.

                “Don’t leave me again, maknae….”

                Seungri half opened his eyes after the leader unconscious mumble. He watched as his leader snored lightly with a peaceful face. He couldn’t help but smile over his drowsiness. Even in his dream, his leader still thought of him. “Happy birthday, Hyung…”

.

.

.

                “OMO!! Hyungs!! You gotta see this; something worth a news happened last night!!” Daesung shouted happily as he grinned triumphantly, well, more like dirtily.

                Jiyong only rubbed his eyes, annoyed by the fact he had to be woken up so early in the morning; moreover with a shout that made his already hurting head nearly explode. He angrily grabbed a pillow and threw it on Daesung. To his dismay, the pillow Jiyong grabbed was the one Seungri laid on, causing the latter to be woken up violently.

                “Hyung~” Seungri groaned sleepily as he slowly sat up on the bed, revealing his bare chest.

                “Oh My God!! I knew it both of you did ‘it’ last night!!” Daesung immediately squealed, imagining things on his own without the latter consent. Seungri and Jiyong who slowly got what Daesung had in mind swiftly grabbed a pillow and threw it toward the hyped up member, hitting his face with it.

 

                “WE DIDN’T DO IT!!!”