Husband - Urgent meeting

EXO as... - EXO Short stories -

Xiumin's version

You open your eyes as the alarm clock rings to wake you up. You stare at the clock and sighed, it’s Saturday and you’ve forgotten to switch the alarm off last night so you’re up at 7am. Instantly you turned around in fear that the alarm has waken your husband up – only to find that he’s not there.

‘Honey? Dear?’

You drag yourself out of bed and wobbled over to the bathroom.

‘Minnie? Minnie, you here?’

No answer.

‘That’s strange,’ you said to yourself, ‘where in the world did he go?’

Just then you can smell coffee and freshly baked bread which drew a smile on your face.

‘I told him to rest during the weekend but he just won’t listen! He’s busy all week already, that baby…’ you thought as you walked downstairs to the kitchen. As expected, your husband is already up and am making coffee – your favourite kind.

‘Honey, what are you doing here? I thought I told you I’ll make breakfast this morning!’ You said as you gave him a surprise back-hug which oddly didn’t scare Xiumin much.

‘I’m almost done honey, you can sit over there and wait.’ Xiumin said as he put down the coffee pot, turned around and kissed you on the forehead before he goes to the oven and take out the freshly baked goods.

‘It was stupid of me to keep the alarm on…it’s weekend after all…’ you complained as you sit at the table, with plates and cutleries nicely placed as well as a vase of yellow flowers in the middle.

‘Today is a beautiful day, what say we go for a hike?’ Xiumin suggested as he put the basketful of bread in front of you.

‘Hike! That’d be lovely! You should’ve suggested earlier, I would’ve made kimbap today then! But never mind, we can just take some of these bread, I’ll make sandwiches!’ You proposed as Xiumin brings everything else to the table.

After breakfast, as you were making sandwiches with Xiumin, a phone call came. Xiumin reluctantly picked up the phone knowing it can’t bring good news. Indeed, it was Suho who said that there’ll be an urgent meeting that afternoon. Xiumin looked disappointed after hanging up, feeling sorry to his wife for not being able to date her…again.

‘It’s alright honey. I understand, you should bring these sandwiches to work – wait, you should bring them for other members as well! Let’s make some more!’

‘I’m sorry baby…it’s just that, this meeting…’

You could see from his eyes that Xiumin really is sorry, so you leaned over and gave him a soft kiss.

‘At home, you’re my Minnie honey, but you’re still EXO’s Xiumin. Remember how much the fans blessed us when we got married? You must thank them all you can! This meeting is important, as your number one fan, I urge you to go! Now, let’s see you smile!’

Xiumin looked up then forced a smile.

‘Come on, you can do better than that!’

Seeing that you really mean it, he finally felt a bit better and smiled brightly – giving you that same smile which you fell in love with in the first place.

‘Wait for me, okay? The meeting may be a short one, so if possible, I’ll take you out for dinner. Promise?’

‘Don’t worry about me, honey. I’ve got lots of things to eat at home. You just focus on your part and come back as a happy man I know you are!’

And with that, both of you continue to make sandwiches.

The meeting went longer than anticipated, by the time Xiumin reaches home, it’s already close to midnight.

The tired husband went to the bedroom after calling your name several times, only to find that you’ve already fallen asleep while waiting for him, with a book still in your hands.

‘Foolish girl, you should’ve just slept, why wait for me?’ Xiumin smiled as he took the book away and laid your head on the pillow before taking a shower.

As Xiumin gets in bed, you woke up, seeing the man you love already by your side – hair still a bit moisturized and face still pink from the hot water shower.

‘You’re back?’

‘Oh, sorry, did I wake you up? Shhh, go back to sleep.’

‘How did it go?’ You said sleepily as you wrap your arms around his body, still that tough and tempting hot body.

Xiumin sighed deeply. He finally feels at peace back at home, on his bed, next to his beloved wife.

‘Did it not go well? That’s why you came back late?’ You asked, worriedly while looking into his eyes, his beautiful eyes with single-eyelids.

He brushed his fingers along your hair and said playfully, ‘Oh, it went awful! Looks like I’ll have to go back early tomorrow to continue.’

You sat up, thinking it is real, saying, ‘then switch off the lamp now! You need all the sleep you can get!’ Then, as you leaned over to switch off the bedside lamp on his side of the bed, he turned and pinned you down.

‘What? I was helping you switch the lamp off!’ You whined as you tried to push him away.

‘My wife really won’t know a joke when she hears one, will she?’ Xiumin laughed as he pinches your cheeks.

‘Don’t worry, my baby. I was joking! The meeting went well today so we can sleep for as long as we want tomorrow!’

‘Really?’ You yelled with excitement. ‘Then let’s sleep!’ But Xiumin still won’t get off of you.

‘What’s wrong? You need to roll off of me for us to sleep, it’s like pass 12 already!’

‘Well, it’s just from this view…’ Xiumin said slowly, looking at your face passionately, every single inch of your beautiful face. ‘From this view, it reminded me of something…’

‘What?’

‘I haven’t exercised for a long time…’ Xiumin whined as he gave you a smile – that smile – THE SMILE.

You know what’s coming up so you shut your eyes and waited.

To your disappointment, Xiumin decided not to kiss you on the last second and finally rolled over and said, ‘Let’s just sleep.’

‘What was that? You wanted it and now you said you don’t want to?’

‘You’re tired, maybe some other time…’

You could hardly believe your ears, this kind of consideration is rare – and oddly enough, you wanted it that evening.

So you gave him the attack but he still wouldn’t budge.

It got to a point when you really wants to sleep with him that evening so you keep tickling Xiumin until finally he got annoyed and pinned you down again. You gave him the smile – the smile of victory.

‘Oh fine…but you asked for it! Don’t blame me if you can’t get out of bed tomorrow! You’re so done tonight!’

T’is a sleepless night.

 

 

Suho's version

 

The sound of shower woke you up. You stare at the clock, it’s 8am – you’re sure that your husband has just finished his morning jog and am back, hence the sound of the shower. You get out of bed and added for the kitchen while stretching your back. Finally it’s Saturday and you’re doing your best in preparing a full Korean-style breakfast for your husband, just the way he likes it.

The sound of you working in the kitchen can be heard even in the bathroom – Suho smiles as he think of you cooking, what a happy life. Suho came home late last night because of the show which went well. Though all the members are now married, EXOLs still flooded the stadium to see them, to this he’s proud and thankful. After wishing every EXOL will find their own happiness as well, he gets out of the shower and finishes up.

He made sure his footsteps will not make any noise as he approached you from behind, but you know anyway – you can hear his gentle sweet breathing the moment he enters the kitchen, but you pretend you didn’t know.

Just as he’s about to surprise you, you turned around and attacked him with a peck on the lips saying, ‘Haha! Gotcha! You don’t think you’ll get me this time right?’

‘You’re always one step ahead of me…ALWAYS!’ He chuckles then hugs you from behind as you place the eggroll on a plate.

‘You slept well, my queen?’

‘Yes, very well, my Bunny king. Now, if you’ll just let go of me, we can go over to the table and…’

‘And?’

‘And have breakfast! What else? Come on, be a good boy and let go now.’

Suho obediently let you go and took the eggroll to the table. Both of you love having breakfast together though it cannot be done all the time. Both of you have to work and Suho often has to leave early in the morning, especially during comeback period.

‘The weather seems nice today, what say we go to the beach today?’ Suho suggested as he finishes the last of his spoonful of rice.

‘Honey, that’d be lovely! You surely need a lot of sunblock on today though, we won’t want to see your perfect white skin get tanned.’

‘You mean you won’t love me if my skin’s not as white? Like when I was enlisting in the army?’

‘Darling, that’s not what I meant! You’ll look dead y even in tanned skin. What I’m saying is that you should protect it appropriately, that’s all.’

‘Got it, I’ll search for a good quiet beach for us.’

But just then, his phone rings. You can see from his look that your beautiful dream of having a beach date with him is 99% gone.

As Suho talks over the phone in the garden you cleaned things up. It was a long talk, business stuff you suppose.

Just as you walk out the garden to bring him his glass of juice, he turned around and saw you. Your dog greeted you as soon as you come out, jumping around with joy. Suho lowered his head as you go towards him then just as he’s about to speak, you handed him the glass and said, ‘Here, drink this first.’

You enjoyed the view of him gulping down the juice, his Adam’s apple sliding gracefully, as if taking a CF or something.

‘You don’t have to feel bad about it. If you need to go, then go. Just promise you’ll smile for me.’

‘Honey…I’m sorry, it’s just that…’

You kissed him to make him stop, you understand completely.

‘Now, go upstairs and get dressed! You can’t be late!’

The dog barked, he too agreed with you.

‘Wait for me, alright? The meeting may not last long, maybe we can make it to the beach to see the sunset!’

‘I’d rather you come home and have a simple dinner with me. Now hop on!’ You said as you patted his to make him go back into the house, like making a little kid get dressed for school.

The entire day went by swiftly, as you spend most of the time in the garden, tending the flower bed and playing with your dog. You loved the garden as it is, but planting some flowers in it drove it to a whole new level. Sure it takes time and energy to tend it, but the view is just absolutely gorgeous.

A text came at 6pm from your husband saying that he’ll be late and that you should have dinner without him.

You’ve already become accustomed to having dinner by yourself so you got it over and done with quickly, spending the rest of the evening enjoying TV shows.

At last, rings the sound of the door opening followed by your beloved man’s footsteps.

He runs to you and asked, ‘Guess what I’ve bought home?’

You looked at him and tried to see what he is holding behind his back but he won’t let you.

‘What is it? Oh, tell me!!’ You whined as you get up, wanting to know so badly.

‘Tada!’

‘Oh my gosh! Just what I wanted!’

‘I knew you’d like it! Here, have some!’

Your husband has brought home the best ddeokboki in the world – from that shop close to SM building.

‘I’m feeling so good now! Thank you!’ You gave him a hug as he chews on the ddeokboki.

‘You should buy this more often! I mean, you go to SM all the time anyway, why can’t you?’

‘I’m doing it for your own good, we should watch the calories we take. Late night snacks is not too good for your health you know. I’m only doing this today because of what happened.’

‘Honey, are you saying that if I’m fat you won’t like me?’ You paused and look at him, which made him laugh, almost choking.

‘It’s true? You mean, nasty…’

‘Oh, no! I’m not laughing because of what you’ve said, it’s that…you’ve got sauce all over there.’

‘Where? Here?’ You ask as you try to the sauce off of your face.

‘You fool, let me do it for you.’ Then without warning, he kissed you – he took you by such surprise that you pushed him away. He gave you that big grin of his and said, ‘There, all clean now!’

‘You nasty…sweet good-looking devil. Oh, why is it that I can’t ever get angry at you?’

‘It’s getting late, finish this off then let’s sleep.’

‘Just sleep? Or sleep sleep?’ You ask with expectation.

Suho knows what you’re up to so he stood up and excused himself saying, ‘I’m taking a shower…goodnight!’

You know that’s a ‘no’ so you clean things up then wash up before you waited for him on bed.

‘He must be really tired today…’ you thought as you stared at the bedside lamp.

By the time Suho came out, you’re already sound asleep.

He got on bed slowly, not to wake you up – then patted your arms like patting a baby to sleep.

‘Sweet dream, my dearest.’ He said as he admired your beautiful back, with your long hair falling beautifully down the pillow, like a waterfall.

Suho’s mind is busy with thoughts as he sleeps in the dark next to his lovely wife, but he doesn’t seem tired at all. Whenever he’s with her, his heart will be at ease.

 

Lay's Version

 

You wake up as the sunlight touches you gently on the face with cool summer breeze entering the room. You turn over and find the other half of the bed the way it was the night before. You sighed as you sit up.

‘My Yixing has fallen asleep in his studio again last night, no doubt…my poor man, sometimes I wish he’ll work half as hard.’ You said to yourself.

Slowly opening the door, you can see your lovely man inside his studio, he’s sitting on the couch, sound asleep.

You enter the room quietly and walked over to him, he’s still got a piece of paper and his notebook in his hands on his lap. You carefully put those things on the coffee table in front then took the pillow out from top of the couch and placed it at the end of the couch where you slowly lay Yixing’s head upon it. That angel is finally lying down after hours of sitting up – you took the blanket out from a nearby drawer and put it over him before you leave the studio and go to the kitchen.

Both you and Yixing are Chinese, but have decided to live in Korea – language is not a problem for you because you work as a translator at the Chinese embassy in Seoul.

Baozi, congee with Soymilk is Yixing’s favourite kind of breakfast – he says it reminds him of his days with his grandparents, though a simple life, still one full of memories.

You carry his breakfast up to his studio, place it on the coffee table and then kneeled beside the couch, enjoying the sight of seeing your husband sleeping soundly.

Once he gets an inspiration, you can spend hours working without sleep, charged up with cups and cups of coffee, so you’re glad to see him finally having his eyes closed for a while.

Perhaps it was the smell of food that woke the unicorn up, and the moment he saw you, he smiled and jokes around, ‘Oh my, look who’s gone up the mountain to see his old man?’

You hit him with your fist and complain, ‘So you know! I’m sure you’re glad to leave your wife and stay here as long as you’ve got music! Why don’t we just divorce? You can marry music for all I care!’

‘Now now, if we divorce, where will I find someone looking so beautiful even without makeup on? Whose smile is brighter than the sun itself? Whose smell is even sweeter than that of the flowers in the fields?’

‘Is that the lyrics to your new song?’

‘Could be,’ He said as he pinched you on the nose.

‘Oh just look at you…hurry and eat up! You need to wash up as soon as possible, look at you! Your hair is fine but your beard! How long haven’t you shaved?’

‘I think I look good in it, don’t you?’

‘No, I don’t like bushy kisses.’

‘Oh, you mean this?’ Then he sits up and gave you his morning kiss.

‘Ya! I said I don’t like it!’ You whined as you pushed him away, but that only made him hold on to you even tighter.

‘Just because I’m not in bed with you doesn’t mean I’m not interested in my woman, you know.’

‘Alright alright, I get it! Let’s eat, I’m hungry.’

‘As expected, my wife knows what I like the most. Oh this baozi is just so filling.’

‘Glad you like it. Maybe I should learn how to make them myself someday.’

‘I’m sure you’ll do well if you do.’

‘Wait…honey, is that your phone ringing?’

‘Hmm…sounds like it.’

‘Where in the world is it? My my, I haven’t even started – look at the mess your studio is in! Look at all these music scores on the floor!’

‘Careful! Don’t step on them!’

‘Uh, found it! Why in the world is your phone on the floor in the first place?’

‘I was charging I suppose?’

‘Here, pick it up, it’s Suho oppa.’

‘Oh…’

You listened to their conversation as you chewed on your baozi. Sounds like there’s this urgent meeting Yixing’ll have to go to, so you go to the kitchen and made his lunch.

‘Honey! Honey! Oh my gosh! Why’s it so bright in here?’

‘That’s why you should step out of your studio every now and then! Here, I’ve packed your lunch for you.’

‘We boys will probably eat out though…’

‘Those junk food? Nope, I won’t let you. Your health is as bad as it can get, I don’t want you to fall ill…’

‘Trust me, I won’t.’

‘You know what, come to think of it, I’d rather you do fall ill! Then you’ll finally have a proper rest! Sure, go on and eat out!’

‘Honey, give me my lunchbox!’

‘No, you need to eat out – pick the dirtiest restaurant and eat the oiliest food!’

Yixing tried to reach for the lunchbox but you won’t let him have it. Soon both of you are chasing around in the living room like little kids playing tag in school. Eventually, you run out of breath and collapsed on the couch. Yixing kneeled next to you and smiled – he’s not panting at all, why would he? He’s accustomed to performing for hours straight on stage.

‘My wife’s running out of breath easily these days, why? Is it because we didn’t exercise much?’

‘It’s all your fault if it is! Here, take your stupid lunchbox!’

‘Wait for me, alright? I promise I’ll sleep with you on bed tonight, promise!’

‘What about your song? I thought you’ve still got some parts left…’

‘I don’t get you sometimes, you want me to work or what?’

‘Just get going already or you’ll be late for work! Look at the time!’

So eventually Yixing left for work and you’re all by yourself again.

That evening Yixing came back late – so late that you’re half asleep when he came into the room.

‘Honey, I’m back! I’ll be taking a quick shower, wait for me!’

Then he went to the bathroom after grabbing his pj and towel.

You waited, and waited – until the clock strikes 12 yet Yixing still hasn’t returned. You got worried, worried that he might’ve collapsed in shower or something so you go to the bathroom to find him, only to discover that he’s not there.

‘Yixing? Honey! Where are you?’

You can hear some sound in the studio so you go in, seeing your husband in his pj tidying up his studio – the scene before your eyes now is completely different from that you saw this morning.

‘Ya, baby, I told you to wait! I’m just tidying here because I know how much you hate to see it being in a mess.’

‘I was worried about you, for taking so long…’

‘Sounds like you’re desperate indeed.’

‘Desperate? Desperate for what?’

‘I told you I’ll sleep with you tonight.’

‘Yes, I know, on bed, now come on, it’s getting late, you need to sleep all you can.’

As you turn towards the door, he got one step ahead of you and shuts it – locks it.

‘Yixing, what are you doing? It’s not time for games now.’

‘Since you came all the way here, we may as well make good use of this space.’

He grinned at you while running his fingers down your hair. He’s about to get naughty.

‘No…’

‘Yes…’ Yixing said as he took one step towards you, and another, and another while you keep taking one step back, and back, and back, until you reach the couch and tripped backwards.

‘Don’t worry honey, the studio is soundproof.’

‘You beast…’

‘I’m your beast, and you’ve just let it out!’

 

 

Baekhyun's Version

 

It’s Saturday today and you wanted to sleep in, but something won’t let you. It’s your child-like husband. As soon as he opens his eyes, he embraced you and started giving you soft kisses, all over your face.

‘5 more minutes…’ You said in your sleep, but that only made him kiss you even harder. You know that if you don’t wake up soon, he may start doing things you don’t want him to do, at least not early in the morning.

‘Alright…I’m up…’

‘My darling, you slept well? I had this wonderful dream last night! I’m gonna tell you all about it!’

‘Baekhyun…how did you manage to wake up so early…when you came back at like 2 last night?’

‘Because you’re my energy! There’s so much I want to do with you today!’

‘Breakfast…what’re we having?’ You ask him, still only half awake.

‘I’ll go and check!’ Baekhyun said as he jumps off of bed, hopping out of the room like a little boy. You rolled over and before long, you’re asleep again.

‘We have cereal and…honey?’ Baekhyun shouted from the kitchen but of course, he got no response, so he goes back to find you.

‘My wife is such a sleepy head…Honey! Wake up! Sleepy head, wake up!’ You groaned as he shake you gently, not wanting to wake up.

‘Well, I guess I’ll have to wake you up the hard way…’ Baekhyun joked around, hoping you’ll wake up after hearing it. To his surprise, you don’t care – you ignored him and continued sleeping.

‘You asked for it!’ Then without a second to waste, he started kissing your neck. Instinctively you grabbed his hair gently and tried to push him away, but that only made him bring you towards him more. Suddenly Baekhyun’s phone rings. Both of you grunted.

‘Who in the world is it?’ Baekhyun yelled as he drags his half- body across the other side of the bed to grab his phone.

By then you’ve come to your senses and escaped before Baekhyun could progress further.

‘You, come back here! Honey! Gosh! This phone call better be important! Hello? Oh, Suho hyung…no, not busy at all…we were just…um…greeting each other good morning.’

Successfully escaped from Baekhyun’s affection, you did a quick washup then prepared breakfast – cereal, toast, omelette, the classic.

After hanging up, Baekhyun throws himself back on bed and yelled, ‘YEAH!!!! For Pete’s sake! Why why why? I was going to go to amusement park with her today…..’

In a bad mood, he walks towards the dining room and sits down with hands crossed – anger can be seen written all over his face.

‘Who was it?’ You asked as you brought out the jam and peanut butter.

‘You must be so thankful Suho hyung called. Consider yourself lucky this time, just wait till tonight!’

‘He called? Why?’

‘This stupid meeting…of all the times, why now? I was going to go to the amusement park with you today!’

‘There there, don’t cry…stop acting like a baby! Here, eat up! What do you want on your toast?’

‘You’re not mad, are you?’

‘Why would I be mad? It’s your job! Look, just because we’re married doesn’t mean you don’t need to care about EXO anymore! Get it?’

‘I get it…let’s eat…’

‘Aren’t you going to tell me?’

‘Tell you what?’ Baekhyun wondered as he chewed on his buttered toast.

‘Your dream! You said you had a nice dream last night.’

‘Oh that…I’ll tell you later. I need to finish up quick.’

After seeing him off, you go back to your bedroom and tidied up the bed, remembering how Baekhyun embraced you that morning. To be honest, you liked it – how it felt, but you can never let him know about that or else.

As expected, Baekhyun came back late that night. You saw him as you come out of the shower, ‘OH! Honey! You’re back! How was it?’

‘Well, as good as a meeting can get…I’ll wash up first.’

‘Sure! Tell me about your dream! I’ve been waiting the whole day!’ And with that you return to your bedroom while your man takes a shower.

‘So, is it about me?’

‘What? Oh, the dream you mean?’

You nodded vigorously. Both of you are finally in bed and are chatting while facing each other under dim lights.

‘Well…’

You frowned, ‘so it’s not about me…and you said it was a nice dream. Never mind! I waited the whole day for nothing. Good night!’ Then you turned your back towards him and shut your eyes.

‘Come on, you can’t be jealous can you?’

You gasp then turned back to stare at him. ‘It’s about another girl? I knew it! I knew it! You’re sleeping on the couch tonight!’

‘You’re jealous of your daughter?’

‘My what?’

‘I dreamt that we had a daughter, the sweetest little girl I’ve seen in my life! We were in this park together and she wanted me to pick her up. You should’ve hear her giggling, it’ll cure any disease I tell you!’

‘So that’s why you were so happy this morning.’

‘Exactly!’

‘Alright, I agree.’

‘Agree? Agree what?’

‘Byun Baekhyun! What is it that you’re so dumb sometimes? Never mind.’

‘What? Tell me tell me!’

Suddenly Baekhyun understood.

‘Really? You really agree?’

With a gentle nod, you kissed him on the lips – those pink candy-like lips.

‘I want 2 sons and 2 daughters…I won’t give in!’

‘You little. You still remember that?’

‘I mean it, really!’

‘Then should I say the same thing? If we kiss, will I get pregnant?’

‘Almost – want me to show you?’

‘Or should I show you?’ And with this challenge thrown right at Baekhyun’s face, you got on him and started attacking his lips.

In your heart you have a thought, ‘I want 12 kids, will he bear with me?’

 

 

Chen's Version

 

The sound of the front door closing woke you up. Who could it possibly be?

You get out of bed and tip-toed downstairs, only to find your angel walking up as you’re going down.

‘Oh, you’re awake! How’s your sleep?’ Jongdae asked as he kissed you on the forehead and walk downstairs with you.

‘You were out, to where?’

‘Ah, you know the old lady living next door? Her cat won’t come down from the tree so I went up and got her down for her, such a nice old lady. She gave us some of the snacks she made! Look!’

‘Wow! Looks nice!’

‘I also bought these from the bakery, since I’m out early – these are freshly baked! Try some!’ He took out a piece of bread, pulled a piece out and put it in your mouth, giving you that sweet sweet smile of his.

‘How was it?’

‘My my! It’s so delicious! And it’s still warm!’

‘I told you it’s fresh! Let’s sit down and eat!’

As you two enjoy the breakfast, you said ‘Oh, by the way, I’ll be volunteering in the children’s hospital next weekend, care to join?’

‘I’d love to! I love kids, you know that. That’d be nice.’

‘Talking about kids, how’s Daeul? I heard he’s in about to go to secondary school. Should we visit him? His mother asked quite several times.’

‘That’d be nice, Soul will go to university soon as well, we should take them both to amusement park some day.’

‘That sounds just awesome! By the way, I plan to give this house a good clean today – you got anything you want to throw out or cleaned?’ You asked as you take a sip of coffee.

‘No, not much…I’ll help you with it.’

Phone rings.

‘I’ll get it for you. Oh, it’s Suho oppa!’

‘What? Thanks. Hello? Yes, hyung.’

You smile as you wash the dishes – you just love to see your man talking over the phone – when he works he’s got this unique charm that will enchant anyone.

‘AH WAE?!’

You paused as you heard your husband talking over the phone.

‘Looks like he’ll need some comforting later…’ You thought as you wipe the table and peep at his face.

‘Alright, bye.’

‘Honey, is everything alright?’

Jongdae gave a deep sigh and hold your hands while looking at you. ‘I’m sorry darling, there’s this urgent meeting today I’ll have to attend to…I’ll help you clean up tomorrow, I promise.’

‘Oh don’t feel sorry Jongdae, I understand completely. You just go there and give your 100%! By the way, I’ve got lots of snacks for you to take to the meeting – you guys will need all the energy you can get!’

‘Snacks? What are you talking about?’ He asked as you rummage through the stuff in the kitchen cupboard.

‘Remember I helped out in the Charity fair last week? They gave me these, we can’t possibly finish them all, here – this bagful, take it there.’

‘Oh wow! That’s a lot! Sure, I’ll take them – the boys will love it.’

‘I thought so.’

‘What to do? I’ll probably have to spend the entire day there – an entire day without seeing you…’ Jongdae starts to do aegyo as he gives you a big warm hug.

‘You’re always in my heart – we can never be far apart.’ You replied and this just sweetened your husband up real good that made him crack in laughter.

‘Yeah! Did you watch a lot of dramas lately? Where did all these lines come from?’

‘Can’t I come up with them myself?’

‘Aigoo, my baby, who’d know that someday you’ll be doing this to me?’

He patted your head as you wrap your arms around his back, then move down to his .

‘Darling, where are your hands at?’ Jongdae asked playfully.

‘Still that same old soft – anyways, you better get going!’

‘I get it…you better not think about cleaning up all by yourself, alright?’

‘Alright, don’t worry, go on and get dressed!’

‘Will you help me?’

‘You’re not a little kid, why should I?’

‘Ah wae? Help me help me!’

‘Alright, I’m going up with you.’

After endless aegyo and whining, Jongdae finally drove out of the house. The moment you see the car disappear down the street, you got to work.

You know Jongdae told you not to clean up by yourself, but you had nothing to do anyway so might as well make good use of the time.

Evening arrived and you decide to catch up on the drama you’ve missed during the week after a tiring day of work. When one watches drama, time flies by real fast, and before long, you hear Jongdae’s car pulling in front of the house.

‘Honey! I’m home! Oh, is that a new drama?’

‘Umm…’ You didn’t want him to interrupt your drama so you just nodded.

‘I’ll take shower first, okay?’

‘Umm…towel’s already in bathroom, you just need to get pj.’

‘Alright, thanks!’

Soon after, a drama ends and you switch to watch something else. Your laughter can be heard even in the bathroom upstairs. Jongdae laughed as he hears you cracking up downstairs – wondering just what kind of show you’re watching.

All washed up, Jongdae heads back downstairs and sits next to you on the sofa – then lie down placing his head on your lap. You keep laughing as if not noticing him, so he turns to see what you’re watching.

‘Woowaahaahaa!’ Came the sound from the TV.

‘Honey, your laugh didn’t change one bit!’ You said as you tapped Jongdae on the shoulder.

‘Ya, honey, why are you watching this old thing? EXO Second box? It’s like ages ago! Switch it off!’

‘Ah wae?’ You copied Jongdae and smoothed his damp hair out.

‘You look young back then – well, of course you do, I mean – more cheerful than now.’

‘Oh, we boys were crazy back then! Who’d think that we’ll all be married now and some having kids?’

‘You jealous?’

‘Of what?’

‘Members having kids…’

‘To be honest, I’d like to spend more time with you, just the two of us.’ He said with his hand touching your cheek, you looking downward on his pinkish face.

‘Let’s sleep, it’s getting late.’ You yawned as you switch the TV off.

Then without notice, Jongdae picked you up and carried you to bed.

‘There, my princess, good night!’

‘Jongdae, did you work out? You couldn’t carry me up the stairs before!’

‘Hehehehe, finally you find out! What do you think?’

‘I think it’s just great! Goodnight!’

‘Night, my sweetie pie.’

 

Chanyeol's Version

 

‘Oh man…what’s wrong with me?’ You wanted to cry as you kneel next to the toilet. This morning you woke up early with this strong urge to vomit, but nothing came out. Perhaps it’s that chicken you ate last night? Too oily maybe.

‘I need to get back to bed before Chanyeol wakes up…if he finds out he’ll make a racket of it. Thank goodness the in-laws are out on holiday…’ You thought so you tried to stand up, but the moment you push yourself up, your stomach feels funny and you collapsed back on the floor, gagging.

‘Honey?’ Chanyeol asked as he felt your side of the bed empty.

‘Honey?!’ Chanyeol called but you didn’t hear him. He hears you in the bathroom and knocked on the door.

‘Darling! Are you in there? Are you alright?’

You’re too sick to even respond, what could possibly be wrong with you? Soon you hear the door clicking – your husband is pricking open the bathroom door. Who’d know this skill would become so handy?

‘Honey!’ Chanyeol gasped as he sees you kneeling beside the toilet, face pale white, with beads of sweat rolling down your forehead.

‘I’m…I’m…fine…’

‘You expect me to believe that? Is it a stomach ache?’ He asked as he carried you back to bed and pull the blanket up.

‘No fever…that’s a relieve…’ He reassured you after taking the temperature.

‘Maybe it was the things I ate last night…maybe that chicken’s too oily…oh my stomach…’ You said as you stare at your husband with your half-closed eyes.

‘You got me worried sick…you need to stay in bed today. Look at you…such weak body…I ought to tell mother cook you something that’ll boost your health.’

You giggled and said, ‘Weak? I may not be strong, but I don’t think I’m weak…I can run and all…after all I do carry my guitar or cello everywhere!’

Chanyeol smirked as he brushes the hair away from your eyes, ‘And yet every time your period comes you cry in pain like hell.’

You laughed which made him laugh as well.

Suddenly, both of you stared at each other – that exact thought flew past your minds at the exact time.

‘Honey…’

‘Chanyeol…could it be possible that I’m…go check it!’

‘How can it be possible? I made sure!’

‘Just check it!’ You yelled with your last bit of strength. Chanyeol obeyed, walked towards your dressing table and read the calendar.

‘You’re right! You’re late this month honey…but how can it be? There’s no way! I mean, I put it on every time!’

‘You sure they’re not expired or anything?’ You asked as he walks back towards the bed, taking out the box.

‘Oh, what’s this?’

‘Chanyeol, what is it?’

‘Why are there holes?’

‘What?’ You screamed as you sit up and grabbed it from him.

‘Where did you buy it from? I’m gonna sue them!’ Chanyeol said as he grabs his phone which rang just that instant. Chanyeol sees that it’s from Suho so he left the room to chat.

You can’t believe all that’s happening, though Chanyeol is very active, both of you have never worried about having kids because Chanyeol will always play safe. Yet unexpectedly….

‘Honey…it’s Suho hyung…he said we need to head back for this urgent meeting today…’

‘I’ll be fine, you go on ahead.’ You force a smile on your face.

‘Too bad mother’s not here, she would’ve taken care of you…’

Just then, Chanyeol thought of something.

‘Honey, could it be possible that…mother did this?’

‘What do you mean?’

‘Mother’s been nagging on me to have kids recently…before she and papa went on holiday…’

‘She talked to you too?’ You were astonished – you thought your mother-in-law only pressurized you but all you ever said was you’ll try your best.

‘Mother probably found out and so…gosh! Honey, I’m so sorry, I should’ve looked carefully…it’s just that every time when it happen it’s just…’

You touched his face and told him, ‘It’s alright, honey. I won’t blame you…consider this as a gift from heaven…besides, we can’t be sure I’m really pregnant yet…could be just an upset stomach. I’ll be fine, but you’ll have to buy yourself breakfast…’

‘I’ll grab you something to eat from the kitchen, wait for me.’ He kissed you on the cheek before running to the kitchen.

That entire day you’re busy thinking, what if you’re really pregnant? What if mother really did all that? What will you do with your job?

Soon, evening came and you’re well enough to make yourself ramen. You listened to your favourite kind of music as you slumped on the couch, waiting for your husband to return.

At last, he returns and gave you the pregnancy test he’s bought that evening.

‘We should wait till morning…’ Chanyeol said as he’s showering and you’re in the bathroom, debating whether to do the test or not. You look over to your husband hoping to get some answer, but your attention soon got taken away by his hot body. Though in his 30’s, his body is still hot as can be, and water running down his hair to his back is a sight no one wants to miss.

‘I’ll do it now…I’ve been holding my pee anyway…’

No reply – obviously Chanyeol too is scared to know the truth.

After 5 minutes, Chanyeol waits patiently outside the bathroom for you to come out. Eventually, you opened the door and stepped out.

‘Did…did you look at the result?’ He asked in trembling voice, swallowing as he said so.

‘No…not yet…I thought it’d be best if we look at it together…’

‘Good! Excellent…yeah, we should…alright, on the count of three…’ Each of you holding one side of the stick.

‘Honey,’ Chanyeol said, ‘Whatever is the result, just know that I’ love you…’

‘Why suddenly so cheesy?’ You laughed which brightened the atmosphere.

Both of you take a deep breath.

‘One...two…THREE!’

And there before your eyes are two lines on the stick.

Both of you squealed and embraced each other.

Chanyeol jumped up and down and finally kneeled on bed screaming, ‘YEAH!!!! I’m going to be a father!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!’ Then he got down from the bed and gave you a kiss.

‘You should’ve told me you wanted a baby sooner…seeing you look so happy right now…why didn’t you?’

‘I wanted to be with you, only you, longer…that’s all. But mother gave us this gift anyway.’

‘You want it to be a boy or a girl?’

‘A girl!’

You’re shocked to hear that. ‘Why?’

‘Because I want a daughter as beautiful as you!’

‘Liar! You just don’t want me to feel disappointed if it’s not a boy…’

‘Be it a boy or a girl, I’ll love it with my all! Promise!’

‘I get it, Chanyeol, let’s sleep now.’

‘Oh, right, you’re probably tired…sorry, I got too excited! Goodnight!’

‘Goodnight my husband…my child’s father…’

‘Good night…I love you…with all my heart.’

 

Kyungsoo's Version

 

Although it’s Saturday, you’re going to be busy today. It’s the annual company outing day, meaning hiking till afternoon then a grand dinner gathering till late at night. You didn’t want to go, nonetheless you’re the team leader and there’s no escaping.

You wake up to the sound of your alarm only to find that your husband’s not beside you.

‘Uh? Where could he be? Is he in the toilet?’ You pondered as you walk out of the bedroom, only to find that your beloved husband is already in the kitchen making kimbap.

‘Oppa! You don’t have to do this! I can just buy some food from the shop in the corner…you came back late last night, you should rest!’

‘My wife is going to eat my kimbap for lunch today, that way I can be with you even when you’re up the mountains!’

What he said gave you goosebumps, even he himself felt so, because his embarrassed laughter soon followed.

‘Go and wash up first, honey, breakfast’s also almost done.’

‘Thank you so much, darling…what will I do without you?’ You thanked him then headed to the bathroom.

Soon after, both of you sit at the table which is full of mini-sandwiches and kimbap.

‘Enjoy!’ Chef Kyungsoo said as you took a sip of the orange juice he’s prepared himself.

‘Bon appetite, my husband! Mmm! This is so good! You really haven’t thought of opening up a restaurant?’ You asked jokingly which made him laugh again.

‘I’m still not up to that standard yet, honey…besides, I’m already busy enough, don’t you think?’

‘Oh, by the way, a new box of fan-letters arrived yesterday, forgot to tell you, I put them in your study.’

‘Thanks, I’ll read them later. What time will you be back?’

‘Oh, I don’t know… you know how these trips are…I’d say around 11? 11:30?’

‘What? That late? Don’t they know it’s dangerous for ladies to be out that late at night?’ He frowned and sounded worried.

‘Don’t worry honey, we’ll be in a group – anyways, I better get going or I’ll miss the bus!’

You hurry through your breakfast then go to get dressed. Just then Kyungsoo receives a call from Suho.

As you’re wearing your shoes, you see your husband coming out as well, wearing smart.

‘Where are you going? You don’t have to come out…’

‘Urgent meeting today…just got a call from Suho hyung…I’ll give you a ride, where will you guys meet up?’

‘Outside our company…we’ll be going by tour bus…’

‘Nice, I’ll drop you off there, you got everything?’

‘Yeah, thanks.’

‘Off we go!’ He chuckled as he helped you out the door.

That evening you drank a lot of wine – because your boss keep pouring, you had no choice but to gulp it down. Your juniors wanted to help you, but they were too scared of the seniors. At that moment, your phone rang – you gave it to one of your juniors to pick it up.

‘Hello? Honey, my meeting just finished…where are you?’

‘Hello? Yes, I’m afraid team leader cannot answer you right now…’

‘Is she alright?’ Kyungsoo asked in a steady but anxious voice.

‘Umm…she’s been drinking I’m afraid a bit too much…if you don’t mind coming around and pick her up.’

‘I’ll do that, message me the address if you please.’

After a while, Kyungsoo finally arrived and barged into the restaurant the moment he saw your boss pulling you towards him – drunk and high.

He pushed your boss away and pulled you towards him – you fall into his embrace, his strong and safe arms.

‘Hey! Who are you?’ Your drunken boss screamed as he sees your husband snatches you away.

‘I should be the one asking! This is my wife! How dare you do this to her? Making her drunk and fooling around!’

‘She said she didn’t mind!’ The boss with red nose yelled back, getting up from his chair and wobbled towards you and Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo’s heart felt as if he’s been stabbed – he didn’t know you’ve endured this for so long yet never let him know, he will end this once and for all!

‘You bastard! Come here!’ Your boss screamed as he reaches out to grab your husband’s neck. Although you’re drunk, you still saw what happened so you broke free of Kyungsoo’s embrace and slapped your boss in the face. He stared at you in astonishment, for you have never disobeyed him, never.

‘I worked under you for 10 years! I’ve never said no to your orders! But did you ever thank me? And now you want to hurt my husband?’ Then in rage, you grabbed your bag and pulled out a resignation letter – you’ve written it long time ago and have kept it with you – just in case. ‘I quit! I won’t even bother packing my desk, just throw everything out! I’m done working for you! You dare lay a finger on my husband?’ Then you stormed out of the restaurant like a boss – finally this day has come.

Kyungsoo smirked, proud of his wife, then picked up the rest of your belongings and left.

No body spoke on the way home – you fell asleep in the car and Kyungsoo carried you inside on his back. He could smell strong alcohol as you breathe, his heart torn to pieces – how could he possibly not notice this? While he’s busy with EXO and acting, his wife has kept this away from him, a tear rolled down as he thought of it.

You collapsed onto the bed and groaned.

Kyungsoo helped you change into your pj and wiped your face clean for you, like helping a baby, a helpless baby whom he dearly loves.

‘Fool…why didn’t you tell me? I ought to visit you at work more often, then that bastard won’t…’ He gave a deep sigh, then touched your cheek and smoothed out your hair.

‘You’re free now…stay at home and have some rest. I love you.’

‘You do?’ you said sleepily.

‘Honey! You’re awake?’ Kyungsoo asked while you nodded and run your thumb across his lips.

‘My husband is really cool today, handsome and cool, like a superman, thanks for saving me.’

‘I ought to punch him in the face…thinking that he dared touch you!’

‘What should I do? I quitted….there’s no turning back now…oh, why do I always act so hastily?’

‘You did well quitting it! I won’t let you continue working there anyway! You just stay at home.’

‘But what can I do at home? There’s nothing to do!’

‘I’m here, you’ve got me, isn’t that enough?’ Kyungsoo questioned in his deep y voice while staring intensely at you. Could it be because of the alcohol, your husband look especially handsome and deadly tonight.

You pulled Kyungsoo down and he fell on top of you, then you kissed him teasingly saying, ‘Keep me busy then, if we have kids, I won’t be bored.’

Kyungsoo hovered over you and smiled, that satansoo smile is back.

‘Well, I guess I have no choice but to listen to my wife. Worry not! I will definitely keep you busy, from this moment onwards.’

‘Enough talk already, you’re making me blush…’

‘Desperate are we? Well, you ought to remember, before I’m your husband, I’m EXO’s D.O., and slow jam is my style.’

 

Kai's Version

 

Baby’s cry woke you up. You grunted and pushed your husband awake.

‘Honey…our Nini…’ You said in a sleepy voice, your baby’s been keeping you up all night already.

‘Good morning dearest,’ Jongin said as he kissed you on the cheek. ‘I’ll get him…oh my boy…’ He yawned.

You can hear your husband getting up and slowly making his way towards the baby who’s crying louder and louder by the second.

‘Oh, there there, our Nini, daddy’s here, don’t cry.’ Jongin mumbled as he picked the baby up. The baby stopped crying instantly and cooed.

‘Aigoo, that’s my good boy! Who’s the cutest baby on the planet? You are!’

You smiled as you listened to your husband talking to your 2-month-old baby.

He carried Nini back to bed and placed the baby between you and him. You opened your eyes and gazed at your son, then you look at your husband and laughed.

‘Jongin…your hair! If birds find you they’d build a nest up there!’

‘Still, I’m y in this hair, right?’ He said in his aegyo tone which made you blush. Your baby looked at both of you with his bright round eyes, arms and legs moving around excitedly.

‘Of all the things he took after me, why can’t he love sleeping like me? I mean look! He’s got my y skin tone and charming lips…and long legs! But he just hates to sleep…what if he hates chicken as well?’

‘He’ll like to sleep eventually…trust me…’ You yawned as you close your eyes to get back to sleep.

‘Looks like you’ve been up all night again because of our Nini…Bad boy! Look what you’ve done to mama! Honey, I’ll play with him, you just sleep all you want today.’

‘Thanks…’ you said as you push your head deep into the pillow.

‘My little prince, let’s see what we have in the kitchen and make a nice breakfast for your mama!’

Jongin put on the carrier and carried his son on his back as he goes around the kitchen searching for things to cook.

An hour’s past and he brought breakfast into the room, buttered pancakes in syrup. You woke at the smell of buttery pancakes and sat up on bed.

‘Honey, here, I made these, let’s just eat up here.’ As both of you ate, constantly doing aegyo and feeding each other, your baby started to protest in hope of gaining attention.

‘Oh, our Nini’s hungry too? Come here my boy, mama’s got you…’ You said as you lifted your son up and fed him.

Jongin looks at you as you’re feeding your son.

‘Before he came along, it was all mine…now I need to share it…’ Jongin said sadly as he finishes up the last piece of pancake.

‘Jealous?’

‘Of course! You need to wean him as soon as possible!’

‘Honey, milk is good for the baby, I’m going to give him the best.’

‘For how long then?’

‘A year at least? Some say 18 months…’

‘What? That long?’

‘It’s for our son, you can do that, can’t you? My y prince?’ You patted his head as he looks at you with his stuck out lips.

Just then, the phone rang.

Your son has fallen asleep by the time Jongin came back from the call.

‘Honey, I’m sorry I have to go back today, this meeting…’

‘Oh, remember to buy diapers while you’re heading back, we’re running out.’

‘Didn’t I stock it a week ago?’

‘Your son eats a lot, just like you…you know which brand?’

‘Yeah, I remember, anything else?’

‘Come back with a box of nice chicken will do – my favourite type, you know what I like.’

‘No problem! I’ll come back as soon as I can!’ He kissed you before running into the bathroom to get ready.

You spend your day reading, occasionally playing with your son, feeding him, changing him – sometimes reading to him. You realize that he loves to swing his limbs wildly when you play your husband’s songs, especially the song OVERDOSE.

‘Nini dear, you want to be a dancer like your papa?’

The baby giggled as you touch his little nose.

After what seem like an eternity, Jongin comes back with a box full of chicken. By then Nini is fast asleep and you finally had time to be with your husband alone.

‘How did the meeting go?’ you asked as you throw away the leftovers.

‘Oh, you know…the usual…all’s fine. We were wondering if we can include Nini in our next MV!’

‘Our Nini?’

‘Funny right? But I don’t think I’ll happen…we boys were just joking about it. By the way, Chanyeol hyung said his wife maybe pregnant.’

‘Really? Wow! Congrats to him! I should visit his wife some time, how many months?’

‘He said it’s still in early stage, they’re not sure. He asked me for advice! Oh, who would’ve thought!’

‘Those times are the toughest…I’m glad my Nini didn’t give me too much morning sickness.’

‘Come to think of it, I’m still mad at you!’

‘For what?’

‘For not telling me about it!’

‘You were busy with comeback and world tour back then, besides, I did plan to tell you, after you come back…’

‘Honey, we may not have had a long time being together, just the two of us I mean, but I love you – even more after our son’s born.’

‘Why are you suddenly like this? You think I’ll doubt your love? I guess you’re the baby here, not Nini!’

‘I need a hug…’

‘Come here…oh, my baby Jongin, there there…you must be tired, let’s sleep before Nini wakes up and shake the house again!’

Suddenly Jongin picked you up and carried you to the couch in the living room and started kissing you all over.

‘Ya! What are you doing? The baby will hear!’

‘That’s why I’m doing it out here, honey. Before the baby shake the house, I’ll shake it first!’

‘You really are a jealous pea! You can’t be jealous of your son!’

‘Oh but I am! Whatever he does, I’ll do as well!’

Just as he was about to reach to your back, Nini’s cry filled the house.

‘Oh man!’ Both of you said at the same time. You got up quickly and went into the room, leaving Jongin in the living room alone.

He laughed at the situation and slowly walked into the bedroom to join the party.

 

Sehun's Version

 

Feeling the surrounding as you wake up, you find yourself back in bed.

‘Wait, wasn’t I working in my study last night?’ You puzzled as you look out the bedroom window. You see your husband strolling in the garden with your pet Vivi – the dog is getting old and is walking slowly beside Sehun.

Sehun looks up and sees you looking down the garden. He waves back up at you in return then rushed back into the house.

‘Honey! You’re up!’ Sehun said as he gave you his morning hug.

‘You naughty, I thought I told you to rest early, but when I came back last night, you’re in your study! I had to carry you back to bed…I was alone last night…’ He complained as he runs his hand down your back to your waist.

‘Sorry, it’s just that I had an inspiration last night so I wanted to write it down before it gets away…you know how we authors are…’

‘Still, I won’t let that happen again! How can you leave your husband alone?’

‘I promise I won’t next time.’ You said then gave him a kiss on his hand.

‘How’s your story by the way?’ He asked as both of you walked to the dining room – Sehun has already prepared breakfast – Bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, toast, baked beans – it’s Saturday after all.

‘It’s coming great! I’d say I can send it to the editor soon.’

‘You know, maybe I can talk to a few publishers and see if they can help you out.’

‘Hunnie…I don’t want people to publish my book just because Sehun of Legendary EXO is my husband…’

‘I get it I get it. My wife is amazing anyway. Oh, Vivi! Vivi! Come and have some! We’re having bacon today!’

‘You should stop feeding him stuff like this…the vet said he’s got to lose some weight.’

Sehun won’t listen and picked his pet up and put him on his lap, feeding it bacon after bacon.

‘Who’s the good boy? Ah! Slowly, chew it slowly Vivi!’ He laughed as he does it – the vet told you that Vivi won’t live long and that it’s best to put it down, but Sehun won’t have it done.

‘Sehun…’

‘Umm?’

‘Nothing…’

‘What is it?’

‘Oh! Is that your phone? I’ll get it!’ You hurried to grab his phone – his lock screen photo is not one with you, but with Vivi.

‘Hello? Oh! Suho oppa! Yes, he’s here, just a second.’ You hand the phone to him then did the dishes.

‘Honey…Vivi needs to go to the vet today but Suho hyung said there’s this meeting I have to go to…Do you mind…’

‘I got it, leave it to me – Oh, I’ve ironed the new shirt you bought, you can wear it if you want, it’s in Closet G.’

‘Shouldn’t it be in Closet F?’

‘Yeah, but it’s full already – I’d say we need a Closet H soon…’

‘I understand, thanks!’

That day you took Vivi to the vet, the vet said that Vivi has a month left at maximum and that you should be prepared.

You drove home in silence as Vivi sleeps in his cage. Though you don’t love Vivi as much as Sehun, you still like it as a pet. Even the beautiful blue sky today seemed dull and bleak after hearing the news.

You spend the whole evening finishing off your story until Sehun comes back.

‘Honey, I’m back!’

‘Uh…Hi…’

‘Busy?’

‘Umm…a bit…’

‘I’ll shower first. Oh, what did the vet say?’

You stopped typing and slowly looked up.

‘Never mind, tell me later…I’ll shower first.’ Then he shuts the door, leaving you alone in your study once again.

You buried your face in your hands – what should you say? Switching off the computer, you waited for Sehun on bed. He came out in bathrobe and after drying his hair, he jumped onto bed and huddled next to you.

‘Did you miss me?’ Sehun did aegyo, but you didn’t respond.

‘Honey? Is there something wrong? Are you mad at me?’

You looked away, trying not to cry, but tears rolled down anyway.

‘Baby, what’s wrong?’ Sehun asked and was shocked to see you sobbing to one side.

He hugged you tight and said, ‘Oh, there there…tell me what is it? Did someone hurt you today?’

‘Sehun…’

‘Yes, tell me…it’ll make you feel better.’

‘Vivi…’

‘Vivi? What about him?’

By then you were crying like mad, unable to control yourself – you sob as you try to tell Sehun what the vet said that day.

‘What should we do? Vivi…the vet said…Vivi only has a month…a month left…’

Sehun’s eyes teared up, but he won’t let it fall – he hugged you even tighter and patted your back soothingly.

‘There there, don’t cry…we all know this day will come…’

Hearing your husband’s voice shaking, you look up – you can see that he’s trying really hard to hold back his tears.

You touched his face and said, ‘Honey…it’s fine to cry …don’t hold it in.’

And with that, Sehun’s dam broke down. It’s now his turn sobbing in your embrace. You tried to comfort him as you put your arms around his broad shoulder and kiss his hair.

Slowly, both of you grew too tired to cry and slept in each other’s embrace.