I'll protect you

Two notes away from your heart

Changkyun's rosy lips danced across his neck, and the way Wonho felt his weight against his crotch made his brain stop functioning. It just felt too good.

"Chang- Ah... Changkyun" he called him, trying to fight back the heat he was feeling inside and that was starting to consume him. But the little boy didn't listen, so he tried again with a trembling voice, closing his eyes as he felt Changkyun waving his hips lightly "- Please... Changkyun, ah!" Just then, the puppy bit timidly his pierced earlobe and he moaned a little, grabbing his thin waist and shivering at the pleasing sensation that ran across his ear and neck.

He was going crazy.

But then, Changkyun giggled against his neck and he returned to reality, snapping his eyes open. What the hell were they doing?

He grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him away gently. The black-haired boy frowned at him, pouting, not understanding why he had pushed him away.

The older boy sighed and closed his eyes tightly; if Changkyun kept putting that face on, he was afraid to give in again and let himself be dragged by him. So it was better to not look at him so he could think clearly.

"Changkyun..." he murmured, barely making eye contact again, "go back to your seat."

The boy tilted his head in confusion, as if he didn’t understand what he had just said.

“Why?”

Because if you don’t get off my lap right now, I'll start kissing that cute little mouth of yours and I won’t stop.

“Because it's too late and we have to go, come on, return to your seat.”

Changkyun ignored the reasoning and lifted his hands up to Wonho's ears, caressing his piercings.

"I don’t want to," he said with conviction, absorbed in the numerous earrings on his fingers.

"Changkyun," the brunette persisted patiently, holding the pianist's hands in his so he would stop playing around. "It's time to go home."

The seriousness that he used in his words made the child look at him with a mixture of sadness and stun.

“Home?” he repeated in a whisper. Wonho nodded with a tired smile. “Ca- can I really go home?”

Because of the trembling on his voice, Hoseok knew something was wrong. His smile faded away and looked at him worriedly, still holding his little hands.

“What’s wrong?”

Changkyun suddenly looked frightened and looked away; it took him a few seconds to answer.

"I-I want to go home... but I don’t want these people to find me and hurt me.”

Those people? Had someone hurt him?

The thought of Changkyun suffering made Wonho angry, but the concern far outweighed the other feeling.

“Who?” Hoseok asked, his heart beating fast in rage and concern, placing his hands softly on his cheeks so he’d look at him. "Who hurt you?"

Changkyun shook his head and, trembling, leaned against his chest and clung to his jacket.

“Wonho... take me home.”

The brunette remained motionless for a few moments until he finally embraced Changkyun in his arms. He lifted a doubtful hand to his black hair and caressed it carefully.

"It's okay... I'm with you."

Hearing these words, the boy's muscles relaxed and snuggled against him. Wonho squeezed him harder in response; within him, the need of protecting that helpless and innocent boy grew bigger and bigger.

His heart was so warm and exited, but at the same time he was calm; Wonho didn’t remember the last time a simple hug had made him feel something like that.

He wanted to protect him, he wanted to be by his side... He wouldn’t let anyone hurt him ever again.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Kihyun was spinning in bed unable to sleep. He turned to look at the digital clock on his bedside table and saw that it was five-thirty; Changkyun hadn’t returned yet and he was beginning to worry.

What if something happened to him? What if the people he hanged out with were a bad influence?

He couldn’t help thinking like a mother: since he knew him, he felt that protecting the boy of glasses was his obligation, as a kind of maternal instinct that was born from within. But it wasn’t his fault, Changkyun was too vulnerable and needed someone to take care of him until he learned to defend himself.

And what dangers could lie in wait of his friend? Well, mostly, the fourth-year magpies that enjoyed succulent meat freshly arrived at the university. But Kihyun was worried about one of those magpies in particular: Wonho.

The pink-haired boy couldn’t finish mentally reciting the list of things he didn’t like about Hoseok, as his phone vibrated on the surface of the next table.

Alarmed, he straightened and picked up his cell phone to see the message he had just received. As he read, his frown creased more and more, until he threw the device on the bed and rose hastily from the mattress.

It was a message from that magpie, sent from Changkyun's cell phone.

He was disappointed, but mostly angry: his roommate was going to receive a good scold tomorrow morning. He put on a jacket and left the room, went down to the entrance of the residence and opened the door, finding Wonho carrying a sleeping and drunk Changkyun on his back.

The brunette smiled awkwardly at him, but the snort that emanated from Kihyun was enough for his smile to fade away and bite his lip with guilt.

"I-I shouldn’t have let him drink this much." As he didn't receive an answer, Wonho swallowed and continued speaking. “It was my fault, I'm so sorry.”

Then, Wonho bowed slightly in apology; Changkyun made a few noises when he straightened and snuggled his head against Hoseok's neck. The elder hoped him to hold him better and Changkyun let out a pleased sound.

"Can I…? Uh, could I come in?" asked Wonho carefully, almost afraid that the boy who was giving them a cold look would slam the door in their noses.

Kihyun folded his arms at the request and narrowed his eyes; after a few seconds of uncomfortable silence, he stepped aside and let him in: he saved the comments for later.

They climbed the stairs to the second floor and, once inside his room, Kihyun sat down on the sofa in the living room and pointed his chin at the bedroom. Wonho hesitated momentarily before nodding and heading to the room, thinking in the meantime that the small boy was very scary.

He the light with the switch on the wall and saw that there were two beds, but he knew immediately that Changkyun’s was the one on the left: the sheet music on the pillow betrayed him. Carefully, he left the black-haired boy on the mattress and, after placing the sheets and comics on the bedside table, took his boots off and laid him more comfortably, wrapping him with the blanket.

Wonho struggled between taking off his denim jacket or not, but finally decided to leave it on since he was afraid to wake him if he did.

He took a long sigh and sat on the edge of the bed, watching Changkyun's deep sleep: he was curled up and little sighs escaped his mouth. His face showed absolute peace.

A tender smile formed on Hoseok's lips; he couldn’t help thinking that Changkyun looked like a baby when he slept. Unconsciously, he lifted a hand to his cheek and caressed it timidly.

"Silly kid..." he murmured with loving eyes.

His golden, soft skin invited his fingers to explore it, this time drawing the bridge of his pretty nose to the finer lips. His heart shuddered as he felt Changkyun's warm breath: for a second, he regretted not having kissed him in the car. He could have took him to his apartment to continue what they had started.

But deep down, he knew he had done the right thing.

If he could, Wonho would stay up all night watching the little boy sleep soundly. However, he was aware that Kihyun was in the living room, waiting for him to leave.

He rose heavily from the bed and turned off the light in the room, closing the door quietly behind him. With a resigned sigh, Wonho walked by Kihyun with the intention of leaving, but his voice stopped him halfway.

"What do you want from him?"

Wonho turned toward him, surprised by the question.

“What?”

Kihyun took a deep breath and continued to speak from the sofa, not looking directly at him.

"Changkyun has already suffered enough, so I’m asking you nicely to stay away from him."

He felt a prick of pain in his heart, and he remembered how the pianist clung to him in the car, begging him to take him home. Wonho didn’t know his past, but he knew that he wanted to heal his wounds, no matter how deep or light they might be.

"I'm not going to hurt him," he said with conviction. Kihyun shook his head with a wry smile, as if he didn’t believe him. “I don’t know who hurt him or why... but believe me when I tell you that I’ll never allow it to happen again.”

Kihyun was silent and looked at him at last: he analyzed Hoseok with suspicion, trying to find a trail of lies in his words or his expression. But all he could see was his sincerity.

Did Wonho really want to be with Changkyun in a genuine way? A person like him?

“Get out.”

It was all he could say at that moment.

Wonho lowered his eyes to the ground, but finally left the place; maybe he should follow his advice and stay away from Changkyun. Who knows, maybe that would be best for both of them.

But his mother and all his friends knew that he was not the type to be influenced by other people's opinions. And this wasn’t going to be an exception.