Wild spirit

Two notes away from your heart

It wasn’t the first time Changkyun had tried soju, but he had never drunk so much before. The liquid had a sweet touch that the boy loved, and when it flowed through his throat, it left a very pleasant and intoxicating burning sensation.

The effects of alcohol soon showed up in the pianist; he had no idea what Jooheon had just said, but in his opinion it was the funniest thing ever and burst out laughing with Hyungwon.

The slender boy punched him in the arm, unable to stop laughing and Changkyun whimpered as he rubbed the sore area.

"Oh! You have dimples too!” Jooheon exclaimed excitedly as he pointed to the black-haired boy.

"Yup, yup," Changkyun said, pressing his lips together and showing his dimples to the blond.

Hyungwon squeezed his cheeks with one hand while giggling, causing the boy's lips to frown.

"Wonho, look! He looks like a duck!”

Everyone laughed again at the comparison; Wonho watched the panorama before him with a smile and resting his head on the palm of his hand. He was the only one sober at the table: he only drank a glass of soju because he had to drive back.

The brunette was glad to see that Changkyun was having a good time with his friends, but what he liked the most was that he could finally hear the little boy's laugh: it was very high pitched compared to his low tone of voice. It was like listening to a beautiful melody that would be played only once and never repeat itself.

"I don’t look like a duck," Changkyun said with a pout, rubbing his cheeks. Hoseok watched him tenderly: this boy was too adorable. “Hyung, hyung," he called Wonho, pulling at the sleeve of his jacket. "I’m not a duck, right? Tell them!"

“Of course you aren’t.”

Changkyun smirked at the answer and clung to his arm, surprising Wonho in the process.

"Now he's a koala," said Jooheon jovially before he drank his glass of soju. Minhyuk nodded and laughed slightly, but narrowed his eyes without taking his eyes off Changkyun: the boy was still not to his liking, however, the alcohol was helping him to tolerate his presence.

Wonho's heart was beating like crazy because of Changkyun’s hug. He swallowed hard and tried to push him away, but the younger protested and hugged him even harder, so he gave up.

His ears turned red and heat invaded his body; he couldn’t take off his jacket since he had a koala attached to his arm, so he resigned himself to roasting from heat the rest of the night. He felt his heart go even faster when he heard Changkyun start hiccupping: he was freaking adorable.

It was going to be a long night.

"What do a duck say…" Changkyun murmured with a serious expression, interrupted by his own hiccup, "to his annoying duck friend?" Everyone looked at him expectantly for what he was going to say. “Duck off”.

It was a couple of seconds before everyone but Hoseok laughed scandalously. The older boy couldn’t believe that he had just told such a bad joke and looked at him with disbelieving: he was sure that, if his friends weren’t drunk, they wouldn’t find the pun that funny.

He didn’t expect Changkyun to be the kind of person who’d tell bad jokes.

Hyungwon hit the little boy again laughing like crazy and Changkyun finally let go of his arm to give back the hits, also laughing. Wonho took advantage of the moment and took off his jacket, leaving himself alone with his plaid shirt: taking off the jacket helped him feel less overwhelmed, like he could breathe again.

It was then when the owner of the restaurant walked by their table and looked at them frowning at the commotion they were causing. It was obvious that she wanted them to go away and disturb another place. Actually, that wasn’t a bad idea.

"Guys," Wonho called out with a sigh. But the rest didn’t pay much attention to him and continued to laugh and drink. “Guys!” This time he caught their attention. “We'd better go somewhere else.”

“Yeah!” Minhyuk said excitedly.

"Where do you want to go?" Jooheon asked, pouring on his glass the remaining drops of the soju’s fifth bottle they had ordered. Hyungwon rubbed his chin thoughtfully and raised his hand when he came up with an idea.

“Karaoke!” he exclaimed convinced. All agreed with the suggestion and began to rise from the ground between wobbles and giggles; Wonho picked up his jacket and made the move to stand, but realized that Changkyun was still sitting, staring at nothing and still hiccupping.

He put a hand on his shoulder with concern.

“Changkyun?”

The black-haired boy turned slowly toward him: he looked into Wonho's worried face and smiled lazily, jumping a little while hiccupping. His head was spinning and his eyelids felt heavy; even so, managed to maintain eye contact.

His brown eyes lowered to the hand Hoseok had rested on his shoulder and ran through his arm slowly.

His arms are so beautiful… and big…

He wanted to taste them... they looked appetizing. Changkyun leaned forward with his gaze fixed on the thin plaid shirt; Wonho didn’t know how to react in time, and before he could get away, the child had already stuck his teeth in his arm.

The scream of pain that came from his mouth echoed in the restaurant and caught the attention of everyone. Hyungwon laughed and pointed at them.

"He’s a wild puppy in the end!"

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

If Changkyun and Jooheon didn’t get along well before, that night in karaoke seemed like lifelong friends. When choosing a song, they realized that they shared the same musical tastes: Wonho thought that if they were to form a duet, they would have a future as rappers.

They weren’t bad at all.  

They sang and rapped until they ran out of breath, and when they finally got tired, they threw themselves on the couch and made the choirs for Hyungwon and Minhyuk.

The only thing he could do in this situation was laughing; although his arm ached from the bite he had received, he caught the energy and good humor of his friends, helping him to forget the 'accident' they had had in the restaurant.

Not to mention that Changkyun was leaning on his shoulder... that also contributed a lot to his good mood.

As the night passed, tiredness began to grow in everyone of them. There came a point where the only one who sang was Minhyuk: it was a sad ballad, and he was lying on the couch, singing with a cracked voice.

A smile crossed Wonho's face as he turned his neck to Changkyun and found that he was half asleep. His eyelids threatened to close at any moment and his cheeks were very rosy: the elder didn’t even pay attention to the strong smell of alcohol emanating from the little boy and keep watching him as if he was the seventh wonder of the world: he seemed so vulnerable... he had the big desire of wrapping him in his arms and protect him.

When the song ended, there was silence in the small karaoke room, interrupted only by Hyungwon's big yawns: everyone was exhausted. The euphoric effect of the alcohol had already faded.

Seeing that it was already five o'clock in the morning, they decided it would be best to go home. His friends’ state was quite acceptable: at least they were able to leave the establishment by their own feet. But that night it became clear that Changkyun's tolerance for alcohol was not very high.

Wonho had to carry him on his back because the boy, despite being half asleep, began to say with a pout that he didn’t feel his legs and that he couldn’t get up. He threw a tantrum and left him no choice.

Already in the cold of the street, the brunette offered the rest to take them in his car; Minhyuk agreed, but Hyungwon insisted that they could walk. The slender boy looked at him with a sly smile and winked at him before saying good-bye and leaving with the rest.

Wonho rolled his eyes and stared at them until they turned the corner of the street: at least he didn’t have to worry about them getting a car. Jooheon and Minhyuk shared a flat within a five-minute walk, and Hyungwon lived in a student residence also very close.

With a sigh, he hoped the boy behind him to hold him better and began to walk towards the street where they had parked. He didn’t know if Changkyun was awake or not, but his calm, warm breath hitting his neck was giving him goose bumps.

They reached his car in no time; once standing next to the vehicle, he lowered the drowsy boy carefully and helped him get into the passenger seat. He bent over his body to fasten his belt, and when he was about to rise up, a small laugh made him stand still.

Their faces were very close... so freaking close. He looked closely at Changkyun: the flush of his cheeks hadn’t yet faded, and the smile that pierced his lips caused two tiny dimples to appear.

"What are you laughing at?" Wonho murmured, getting lost in the contrary's features.

The boy shook his head without losing his smile and narrowed his eyes.

"I don’t know," he said, half-gone. "I think you’re tickling me."

That said, he rubbed his neck and giggled again. Wonho realized that, as he was breathing so close to his skin, it must have triggered his tickling.

His heart was beating like crazy, and his eyes dropped unconsciously to his thin lips, which had a slight reddish tone: he wanted to touch them, he wanted to kiss them...

I want to kiss him so badly…

He swallowed hard and, making a titanic effort, the brunette pulled away and straightened, closing the passenger door and surrounding the car to go to his seat.

Wonho took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He had to calm down: Changkyun was drunk, it was’t okay to take advantage of his condition. Although he had had the opportunity to kiss him and fulfill the wishes he had had almost since the first moment he saw him, it wasn’t the right thing to do.

But he couldn’t continue with his inner reasoning as his door burst open. Before he knew it, Changkyun sat on his lap; he was so caught up in his thoughts that he hadn’t even realized that the pianist had left the car.

"Wha- what are you doing?" Wonho stammered nervously. Changkyun laughed again like a little kid who was making mischief and placed his little hands on his shoulders.

“Checking if you have tickles.”

Then he bent over him and pressed his rosy lips in his neck. Alarmed, Hoseok grabbed him by the waist to try to pull him away, but Changkyun opened his mouth and left a wet kiss on his skin, leaving him completely out of action.

His body became weak and, slowly, his muscles relaxed and he finally stopped resisting.

The ticklish sensation on his neck was intoxicating, and he couldn’t help but to caress Changkyun’s hips as he shallowed hard. Wonho threw back his head with his eyes closed and he let out a trembling sigh: he didn’t want to enjoy that, he didn’t have to... Everything was wrong. However, his conscience faded as soon as Changkyun traced his sensitive skin with his soft lips.

No, Hoseok hadn’t been conscious since he'd known him. That cute puppy had turned his world upside down.

And now he wanted to destroy his.