Big Bad Wolf

Two notes away from your heart

Wonho's cheek brushed against his, and his warm breath settled on his neck and ear, bristling his skin in the process. It reminded him of something... something that happened more specifically in a car three days ago.

Suddenly, Changkyun saw himself sitting on Hoseok's lap, kissing his neck, laughing childishly… and ing grinding with him.

The world seemed to have stopped. He couldn’t hear any noise from the kindergarten: neither the cries nor the laughter of children, nor the complaints of the monitor because it was too hot in the room and she was sweating, not even the strange sounds that Minhyuk did imitating a puppy to make a kid laugh came to his ears. He was only aware of his frantic heartbeat.

God... what the hell did I do?

Wonho finally backed off with a discreet smile and Changkyun was unable to utter or move. He stared at him for a few seconds with his eyes wide and his mouth ajar; Wonho raised an eyebrow, expecting a reaction from him.

If Changkyun said something now, he would probably only stutter a couple of incoherent words. In the end, the embarrassed boy rose in silence and went to a corner of the kindergarten. He sat on the floor facing the wall and reached a small toy piano to his left.

Wonho watched him from the same spot and sighed: perhaps he had been too straightforward and scared him.

But he wouldn’t give up. He was determined to make Changkyun his, even if that meant gathering all the patience he had.

A girl from his club who approached the brunette pulled him out of his thoughts: apparently, she had problems with a child who wouldn’t stop crying. Meanwhile, Changkyun stared at nothing as he tapped two keys with his index finger on loop.

He didn’t even flinch when a little girl approached him and sat down next to him, grabbing the fabric of his sweatshirt.

“Oppa, do you know how to play the piano?” she asked excitedly. Changkyun said nothing and continued to press both keys. The kid frowned and shook his arm slightly. “Can you play twinkle, twinkle little star?” she insisted with a pout.

As she continued without an answer, the girl snorted and crossed her arms. Another child came up to them and studied Changkyun's face closely.

"What's wrong with this hyung?" he asked in surprise. “His face looks like a tomato.”

Changkyun did his best to breathe normally, but he couldn’t calm his rushing pulse and felt his cheeks burning: he could only think about what he did on Friday... and Wonho's offering to bite him again.

"I don’t know... let's go. This oppa is very weird," the little girl said before the two of them left to keep playing.

I wouldn’t mind you biting me again... I wouldn’t mind... I wouldn’t mind...

That phrase was repeated over and over again in his head and it didn’t go away. He didn’t want to give importance to what had just happened, he wanted to ignore his heart and how he was feeling in that moment. However, a question broke through his mind and made him finally stop playing the toy piano.

I like... Wonho?

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Changkyun watched the costume that laid on the bench in the center of the room and which he would have to wear for the performance. He was in the small changing rooms in the backstage, and there were only a few minutes left for the play. He sighed with resignation: this time, Kihyun had gone too far with the favor he asked.

During that week, Changkyun rehearsed many hours for Friday's play; it turned out to be a good way to get distracted and thus avoid thinking about the ridiculously attractive boy who had taken his sleep over the last few days. He had to keep his mind away from his pink and plump lips, his pale porcelain skin, his freaking cute ears, his beautiful smile and his...

.

He was already thinking about him again.

Changkyun clicked his tongue and rubbed his face, not wanting to accept the fact that’ve been hanging around his head lately: he didn’t want to assimilate that Wonho had flirted with him in the kindergarten.

He surely was playing around, just for fun. Yeah, that must’ve been it. It was impossible that a boy like Hoseok would look at someone like him in that different kind of way.

Changkyun shook his head: anyway, he wasn’t attracted to boys. Or so he thought.

He had only fallen in love twice in his life, the first time was with his primary schoolmate and later with Julia, an American girl who came from exchange to his high school. On neither occasion he dared to confess his feelings; in fact, he had never kissed anyone. Or at least a proper kiss... the time he shared a bottle of water with Julia didn’t count.

He had never felt anything for a boy. But Wonho was turning his whole word upside down, and made him doubt himself.

A knock on the door made him wince. A man spoke on the other side of the wall.

"Just fifteen minutes left, please hurry."

"Okay!” Changkyun replied. The owner of the languid voice was the coordinator of the theater club, a middle-aged man a bit chubby and who didn’t take his work too seriously. He only attended the rehearsals once, but he didn’t pay much attention to them.

Changkyun began to remove his clothes with hurry. Pulling off his pants, he took his cell phone from his outer pocket and stared at it for a while; he hadn’t contacted Wonho since Monday, but he had exchanged some messages with Hyungwon: just that morning he had wished him luck for his performance.

He smiled discreetly and put the phone together with his other clothes in one of the green lockers of the room. He put on the big brown costume, knotted his sneakers, and looked at himself in the small mirror on the back of the narrow locker door.

He pulled on his hood and touched the ears of his wolf costume. He had to try to be terrifying in order to play his role as Little Red Riding Hood's villain, but it was going to be difficult: Changkyun wasn’t scary even if he tried, and even less with the ridiculous appearance he had at that moment. Maybe his voice would scare the kids.

"Grandma, why are your teeth so long and sharp?" he said in a high pitched voice as he saw his reflection. “They're for eating you better," he replied to himself in a very low tone, trying to sound frightening.

He sighed heavily. Kihyun had definitely gone too far.

Again, there was a soft knock on the door.

“I'm coming!” he exclaimed before rushing to open it, hoping to meet the coordinator. But it wasn’t him.

Why of so many people in the world, it had to be precisely Wonho who was before his eyes? Why was the perfect boy with his leather jacket, his choker, his sparkling piercings and beautiful smile in front of him and not the theater coordinator? Why was he so unlucky?

Hoseok's eyes widened with disbelief, and Changkyun found himself unable to even move. They remained silent for some eternal seconds, and the little boy considered slamming the door in his nose.

Finally, the brunette bit his lip to suppress a giggle and put his hands in the back pockets of his jeans.

"Changkyun... you look very…" He paused to find the right word, "handsome.” Changkyun just stood paralyzed: he wanted to run away, but his legs had become petrified and didn’t respond.

Wonho cleared his throat and put a fist to his lips to hide his smile.

"Hyungwon told me that you were going to participate in a play," he continued, making an obvious effort not to laugh, "but I wasn’t expecting... well, I didn’t think..."

Wonho couldn’t continue because a giggle escaped from his lips. The embarrassment and the awkwardness that Changkyun was feeling was too much, and with the last regaining control of his body, he decided to try to dodge and pass by his side; which he would have done if Hoseok hadn’t stood in his way.

"Hey, little puppy!"

Changkyun wanted to get out of there. He stepped back and began a sort of chase through the small room where he circled the bench to distract the brunette and be able to get out of there.

But just before he passed through the door frame, Wonho kept him from escaping by grabbing the tail of his costume.

“Wait wait!” he insisted, pulling at him. “Please, Changkyun.” Just by his voice he knew he was desperate and he felt bad.

“What do you want?” he asked after a few seconds, not turning to face Wonho.

"I just- I wanted to talk a little bit." Changkyun’s muscles tensed and he kept listening. “But I didn’t mean to laugh, really, forgive me.”

Changkyun's heart was pounding fast: he didn’t want to hear his apologies. All he wanted was to find a logical explanation of Wonho's apparent interest in him; an interest that went beyond friendship.

Taking a deep breath, the dark-haired boy decided to ask what the hell happened at the kindergarten.

"What was that thing… the other day?"

“What…?”

Changkyun closed his eyes and gathered all his courage to continue.

“Look, I-I don’t want to be part of your games. If you're doing it just to make fun of me... please stop.”

Wonho opened his eyes wide and finally released him from the grip. He couldn’t articulate a word since the boy continued to speak, without giving him time to answer.

"I don’t know what you're doing to me, b-but... when you're near me I feel strange," he confessed, clenching his fists tightly. “It's like I have a fever, I can’t think clearly and I can’t- I can’t stand it.”

The boy uttered his speech hurriedly, he wasn’t even clear on what the purpose was to let it all go. But Changkyun needed to say it, let out all that was going on in his head since he knew Wonho. He refused to think that what he felt was attraction.

The silence that came later only made him more nervous; he was about to turn to see Wonho's expression, but as he felt his strong body stuck to his back, his pulse stopped and he stood completely still.

Wonho reached over Changkyun's shoulder to close the door slowly; then he raised his fingers to lower his hood, letting his warm breath caress his neck.

An electric shiver swept over Changkyun when he felt that Wonho had given him a small kiss on the back of his neck.

"You really don’t know what you feel?" he asked in a very low voice, resting his hands on the boy's shoulders to turn him gently. His eyes finally met and Changkyun swallowed; Wonho had his eyelids half closed and looked at him with an overwhelming intensity, as if he was about to eat him.

Desire was etched in his brown eyes, which strangely seemed darker than he remembered; he was so close that he had to rest his back on the door for fear that his legs would fail him. Changkyun shook his head weakly, though he really knew exactly what he felt.

"Do you want me… to teach you?"

The second question made his heart skip a beat: he was cornered and part of his being wanted to run away, but the feeling of curiosity was much stronger and more intense. He his lips and stared into Wonho's mouth, wondering what would it feel like being eaten by those hungry and fleshy lips.

After a few moments of silence, and to his own surprise, Changkyun nodded. He didn’t quite know what he was agreeing to, but Wonho's smile made him forget the consequences of all that. The older boy put one knee between his legs and lowered his hands to his waist, pressing him against the door.

Hoseok began to lean toward his lips, and when they were only a few millimeters apart, he kissed the right side of his mouth slowly.

He left his lips there for a few moments, in which Changkyun realized that he was holding his breath. The brunette leaned his forehead against the contrary’s while watching amused as the child took a breath, revealing his inexperience in these subjects.

"Breathe..." Wonho murmured before leaving a trail of lazy, wet kisses along his cheek and chin. He began to draw small circles in the lower part of Changkyun's back, causing his skin to bristling and holding tight to his leather jacket.

The pianist let out a trembling sigh that didn’t go unnoticed by Wonho, who laughed lightly and watched as he rubbed his nose with his. He enjoyed the little shiver on ChangKyun’s body when his hands began to make his way down on his back.

ChangKyun looked so helpless and innocent... his cheeks were red, he was breathing hard and his lips were rosy and wet: he wanted to bite them, taste them, and play with them. The little boy’s hot breath on his mouth made him close his eyes for a moment just to open them again while he pressed his hips against his.

Above all, he wanted to corrupt his cute little body at every imaginable level.

And, finally, Wonho shortened the distance between them and kissed him.