I wouldn't mind

Two notes away from your heart

“Cheer up, baby! Cheer up, baby!”

Changkyun gave a small jump on his bed because of the loud song that was ringing in the bedroom and half opened his eyes; he saw that Kihyun was at his bedside, holding his mobile with a frown. The black haired boy groaned before hiding his head under the pillow, hoping to isolate himself from the noise coming from his roommate's phone.

But it didn’t help, as Kihyun slipped his cell phone under the pillow. Changkyun rummaged through the sheets with annoyance and covered his ears with his hands; he felt as if someone was beating his head with a hammer.

“Turn it off…”

“What did you say? I haven’t heard you," said Kihyun, with remarkable anger in his voice.

The boy muttered a couple of curses in annoyance. He considered picking up the phone and throwing it to the floor, but he wasn’t ready to face the terrible fury of its owner if he broke it.

Finally, he straightened up rubbing his tired eyes and Kihyun picked up his cell phone, removing the song. He folded his arms and looked at Changkyun with disapproval; the pianist massaged his temples and it took him a while to realize how he was being watched.

Great... now it comes an interrogation.

“What?” Changkyun asked playing dumb.

“Oh, nothing. I was just wondering how was your night with Wonho.”

The irony in his words was obvious. The memories of the night before were very blurred, but he hadn’t forgotten the impulse of biting Wonho’s arm. At the moment it seemed amusing, but now he regretted the moment he decided to drink that delicious soju.

Changkyun's cheeks flushed with the shame of his actions and he pursed his lips, resigning himself to Kihyun’s lecturing. Every syllable that came out of his roommate’s lips rumbled in his skull and only made his headache worse; he put a hand to his forehead as he continued to listen in silence.

His brain only managed to understand some words, among which were ‘drunk’, ‘magpie’, ‘player’ and ‘bad influence’.

At that moment, he could only think about how to face Hoseok after his behavior of the day before. He would definitely not be able to look him in the eye.

"I just hope you know that he doesn’t want to be just your friend, don’t trust a player like him. Hey... are you listening to me? Changkyun!”

That took him out of his daydream and he looked at him a little stunned. The older boy took a deep breath and closed his eyes, swallowing his anger and trying to be more patient with his friend and his terrible hungover.

"I can’t believe it... since when are you the kind of person who comes home at five in the morning drunk and unable to stand?"

Actually, that would be pretty normal for a person his age. Changkyun was eighteen, old enough to go out to drink and have a good time. But the problem came when he got drunk with the most popular guy on campus who had a reputation for hooking up with a different person every day.

"I'm sorry..." he said in a distressed voice. Kihyun looked at him for a few seconds and sighed: he didn’t like always being the bad guy either. However, an idea crossed his mind, and it was too tempting to use it as a little punishment for his friend.

"If you’re really sorry, you'll have to do me a favor."

Changkyun frowned at the request: something told him that this favor wasn’t going to please him.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

On Monday morning, Changkyun slipped into the skin of a ninja and put on the hood of his big sweatshirt to prevent Wonho from seeing him. As he approached the entrance of the faculty and didn’t see him, he sighed with relief and continued on his way.

The little boy had considered the possibility of skipping class, but Kihyun wouldn’t have allow him. Remembering his roommate, the favor he asked him last Saturday came to his mind.

"This Friday there’ll be a play for children. One of the main actors got sick and won’t be able to go, and I’m not free that day to replace him. I think you would be a good candidate for the role."

As much as Changkyun insisted that he wasn’t an actor, Kihyun didn’t listen to reasons, arguing that he had helped him many times to rehearse and that he would do well. Obviously, his friend asked the favor just to annoy him.

And Changkyun always had a hard time saying no.

To his good luck, he didn’t see Wonho in the hallways of the faculty. When he reached his classroom and went to take a seat, he noticed that Jooheon's desk was empty: he probably missed classes.

At mealtime, he saw Hoseok's friends at the back of the cafe sitting at a table, which meant that the brunette was around. He bought the first thing he saw at the bar counter and ran to eat it in the bathrooms.

He felt like in high school, hiding in the toilets so he wouldn’t meet those people. He couldn’t be more pathetic, but it was better than facing Wonho.

When he finished the last class of the day at five in the afternoon, he didn’t even bother to take off his glasses and left the classroom in a hurry to return to the residence as soon as possible.

But of course his good fortune had a limit. In front of the faculty there was a bus parked, and at his door were several people gathered. By the time he realized that Wonho and his three friends were among those people, it was too late. The tallest of them had already seen him and waved his hand, motioning for him to approach them.

Changkyun froze, not knowing what to do. It would be rude to ignore him and pass by, but he was tempted to do so; he swallowed hard, and finally approached them hesitantly.

He didn’t dare to raise his head even when Hyungwon tossed his hair in greeting. Wonho's stare was so intense that he got more embarrassed.

"What's up, Changkyunnie?" asked the slender boy excitedly. He just shrugged his shoulders without looking at him.

"How was the hangover the other day?" Jooheon asked, amused.

The black haired boy raised his head slightly and met Wonho’s dark brown eyes. His pulse shot up and nervousness swept over him as his pink lips gave him a shy smile: he was handsome as always, wearing a striped shirt with turtleneck, and his caramel hair falling into his beautiful eyes in a messy but casual way.

"It- it was fine," Changkyun finally answered the blonde's question, "I mean, it wasn’t.”

Hyungwon and Jooheon laughed at the reply, Minhyuk smirked at him and Wonho looked at him with concern. The brunette moved to stand beside him and rested a hand on his back.

“Are you feeling better now?” he asked in a low voice so that only he could hear. The intensity of Hoseok's gaze made Changkyun's legs begin to tremble: if he didn’t move away from him, he was afraid of collapsing in the ground.

But the black-haired boy didn’t walk away and nodded weakly, unable to take his eyes from his, being too conscious of his fingers pressing the low zone of his back. Wonho smiled warmly and rubbed him one last time before Minhyuk's tongue flicker made everyone look at him.

"When are we going to get on the bus?" asked the redhead impatiently.

"Yeah, I'm tired of waiting," Jooheon added.

“Tired? But you didn’t even go to class today ‘cause your lazy stayed in bed," Hyungwon said, folding his arms.

"Look who’s talking," the blond replied with a frown.

Changkyun's expression showed confusion. He still didn’t know what they were waiting for at the doors of the bus, but the fact that all the girls from Wonho’s club were there too gave him a slight idea of what was going on.

"We’re going to a kindergarten to take care of the children, my friends wanted to join too" Wonho explained, leaning toward him, while his friends kept arguing about who was the most lazy one of them. Changkyun remembered that Wonho had asked him two weeks ago to go with him to this excursion, and he had accepted. “Would you like to come?”

Hoseok made the timid request with a small smile, but afraid of being rejected. He wanted to spend more time with Changkyun, and he didn’t want the puppy to push him away because of what happened the other day in the car. If necessary, he would lie and tell him that he had no interest in him.

It was better to be friends with him than to be nothing.

The little boy felt his cheeks heated by the older boy's closeness. His angelic face was watching him closely, and he couldn’t help but stare at Wonho’s pretty pink lips.

He didn’t even have time to scold himself mentally for looking at his lips so closely since he was interrupted by the club coordinator, who got off the bus to tell them that they could come in; Wonho continued to look at him expectantly, waiting for an answer.

Changkyun always had a hard time saying no.

But he had just discovered that, when it came to Wonho, it was impossible to refuse.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"How about I read you a story?" Changkyun asked the kid with whom he was sitting on the kindergarten colored carpet. The little boy shook his head and pouted: it seemed he was about to burst into tears. “You don’t want me to?” he insisted, trying to soften his voice and gently rubbing his tiny arm.

The child again denied and began to cry; Changkyun panicked and wiped the tears.

"Please, don’t cry," he said in distress. “Come on, let's play something fun, okay?”

The sobs intensified and the black-haired boy bit his lip, not knowing what to do. He looked up at Wonho, who was a few feet away from him, drawing with a little girl lying on the floor. The intense crying caught his attention and gave Changkyun an amused stare before the child's hair and getting up to help the boy in trouble.

He sat down with them and pinched the kid’s cheek tenderly.

“What's happening here? Why are you crying?”

"Him… I-I don’t like him."

Then he hugged Wonho, who laughed softly and patted his back. Changkyun felt terrible about himself: he had confirmed his suspicions that, in general, all the children hated him.

"Was it Changkyun who made you cry?" asked Wonho, hugging him and looking directly at the pianist. “He’s so mean…”

Changkyun let out a small snort and Hoseok smiled widely. When the kid finally calmed down, he ran to play with his friends without looking back.

"I told you... my voice scares them," Changkyun murmured with a pout, looking down at his knees. The brunette sighed and leaned close to him, giving him a slight push with the shoulder to try to cheer him up.

"Come on, don’t be like that. It's not your fault that your voice terrifies them this mu-”

Before he could go on, Changkyun hit him in the arm. Wonho wanted to laugh at Changkyun's adorable angry face, but he had just hit him in the area where he had been bitten on Saturday and couldn’t suppress a wince.

“Oh god, I'm sorry! Are you okay?” the worried boy apologized as soon as he realized where he had hit him.

"It's all right," Wonho reassured him, smiling at him to hide the pain he felt on his arm.

Changkyun looked at him feeling terribly guilty and began to play with his fingers: he wanted to apologize for the other day and wasn’t quite sure how to do it.

"I-I... wanted to tell you..." he began to explain clumsily as Wonho listened intently to him, "Sorry for the other day.”

All the muscles of the older boy tensed; he didn’t know whether he was apologizing for biting him or for kissing him in the car. He prayed it wasn’t the second option, because he knew that there would come a 'I didn’t know what I was doing' or a 'forget what happened'.

“Why?” he asked casually, though he was afraid on the inside.

"For... biting you,” he explained with a very quiet voice.

Wonho was relieved: it was better that Changkyun didn’t remember the other day... However, he was a bit disappointed. He knew that he had kissed him without being in his five senses, but deep down he longed that he would have done so by being aware of it, and not by the effects of alcohol.

"It doesn’t matter," he replied, dismissing the matter. His words didn’t calm Changkyun, who was still looking at his knees with sadness.

Wonho stared at his guilty expression and narrowed his eyelids, analyzing his rosy cheeks, his catlike eyes that avoided eye contact and his long, dark lashes.

Just then, a secret desire was born in his body and he swallowed hard. Now, he wanted him to remember what he did in the car to see him embarrassed by it. He wanted to see how he started stuttering. He wanted those cute lips to be by his pink tongue because of the nervousness.

He wanted him.

Without thinking clearly, he began to lean towards Changkyun, and didn’t stop in spite of the evident surprise in his face.

"You know..." he whispered very close to his ear, his lips, "I wouldn’t mind you biting me again.”