Troubles of a Heart

Seven Days

Luckily his roommate was already in the shower when Sungjong found his courage to enter the room. He stood there torn between leaving without a word or waiting till his friend comes out.

                Should I ask? Do I even have the right to? Why am I even thinking of this? He can do whatever he wanted. What am I even doing?

                Ten minutes later Myungsoo emerged from the shower drying his hair with a towel. He paused seeing Sungjong had fallen asleep on the bed and walk up to the sleeping boy. He sat on the edge of his side of the bed quietly observing his roommate’s slow breathing, a slight flutter on Sungjong’s long lashes. And as he did quietly many times before, he gently slides his finger on Sungjong’s nose bridge down to the tip and the latter responded by wiggling his nose while Myungsoo would control his laughter by biting down his lips.

                Myungsoo was still leaning close to his friend’s face when Sungjong’s eyes suddenly shot up, awake.

“Myung… what are you?” Sungjong froze getting up, on a mere less than an inch of movement and their lips would’ve surely bump into each other, instead, there they are locked in each other’s gaze.

It was Sungjong who broke the moment.

“What are you doing, making fun of me while sleeping again?” Sungjong suspiciously asked his friend while looking away. His eyes fell on the mirror and without a word push Myungsoo away to look at his face checking if the latter had somehow pulled a prank on him. He sighed in relief seeing there’s nothing there.

“Don’t stare at people’s sleeping faces, you’re really creepy man.” Sungjong turned to his roommate only to see that Myungsoo brows knitted into a confused gaze directed at him. “Yah, you alive?”

“Eugh? Uhmm, yeah just had… I just remembered something” Myungsoo slowly got up still with the grim expression on his face.

“Oh, okay” Sungjong did not comment any further but Myungsoo walked up to him and suddenly rested his chin on the former’s shoulder. Sungjong flinched by the gesture, again with this clinginess.

“Augh, I’m tired. I didn’t sleep a wink last night” Myungsoo said burying his face in Sungjong’s shoulders.

                “Last night?” that’s right, he suddenly went up and left without even telling me could it be that he’s with…

                “Hey, ask me about it” Myungsoo said without any plans of moving away. The two of them stood there, Sungjong like a still statue with his hands on the sides and Myungsoo resting his head on Sungjong’s shoulder hands dangling beside him.

                “Nah, I’m not interested” what would I get asking you anyway. I want to know but if it’s something like that... Sungjong thought as he breathes out.

                “Come on, ask me.” Myungsoo whined like a kid.

                “Okay fine, where were you last night? There, satisfied?” Sungjong sounded uninterested.

                “I was called out by a friend, he suddenly needs someone to take over a his work because his wife was in the hospital”

                “Oh.” Phew, so that’s… wait... Phew? Why did I sounded relieved with what the said?

                “How was his wife?” Sungjong was getting uncomfortable with their position.

                “It was a boy” Myungsoo said in almost a whisper on Sungjong’s neck. It made latter wince and wanted to push Myungsoo away but the latter only wrapped his hands around his waist. “Their first baby’s a boy”

                “Oh. Wow. That’s good…Oi, man what the hell are you doing? Get off me! If you’re tired go sleep on the bed!” Sungjong was getting afraid Myungsoo might feel the rapidly increasing beat of his heart and tried to push him away again.

                “I’m recharging” Myungsoo’s eyes was close, he was grinning and was clearly teasing Sungjong again.

                “Hey, Myungsoo…” Sungjong started.

                “Hmm, yeah?” Myungsoo asked. He was honestly tired finishing up his friends works, editing an entire photo shoot ain’t easy with only a few hours till deadline.

                “If you don’t let me go this instant, I’m gonna kick right where it really hurts. Got it?” Sungjong stared directly into Myungsoo’s eyes that the older boy instinctively steps back.

                “Good, now get your lazy bum on the bed and sleep” Sungjong was smiling but his eyes says otherwise. (*killer Aura!! Whoo!)

                “You know, you’re really scary” Myungsoo said chuckling.

                “It’s because you’re always teasing me. Breakfast yet?” Sungjong asked.

                “Not yet, maybe later. I came back as soon as we’re done. I’m really tired now. When I left the others were sleeping on the couch, man that was a long night.” Myungsoo stretch his long arms, yawning by the bed.

                “Why didn’t you just sleep there then?” Sungjong said trying to sound casual.

                “Are you kidding me?” Myungsoo sounded as if he had been asked with a ridiculous question. “It’s not like I can call you to come right? I even forgot my phone was empty because I was too busy. Good thing I was able to bump into Woohyun-hyung before I left. I told him to tell you that I’m working on a photo shoot with a friend. I wanted to call you but my phone died on the way.”

                “Wait, what?” Sungjong asked.

                “Ah, hyung didn’t tell you? I was shouting at him when the car drove away.”

                So all this time I’ve been worrying for nothing? What the hell and I was even thinking of contacting the police and all the stupid thoughts! Could it be that hyung forget and the reason he was so early this morning was to actually tell me that he forget to tell me last night? Arghh! I’m gonna skin you alive Woohyun-hyung!!

                “Oi, what are you doing standing there?” Myungsoo looking expectant at his roommate. “I’m sleepy”

                “So?” I was too busy thinking how to skin hyung alive I’m not even following up on what he’s saying. Sungjong till did not move from where he stands.

                The older boy looked confused for a moment, he tapped the other side of the bed looking at Sungjong.

                “Oh right…that uhmm. I’ll bring out the pillows, you can use them for now. I have to be somewhere” the younger boy steps back to open the cabinet where they keep the extra pillows.

                “Oi! What are you saying?” Myungsoo’s voice was strained, a bit angry in fact. “Get on the bed!”

Sungjong’s POV

                No way am I getting in bed like this! No way! No, No, No! I could barely hear my thoughts with the incessant beat of my stupid heart.

                When he said that he had been working with a friend. I felt relied but what I was I feeling relieved for? Is it, he came back ok? Is it because he did not get mugged or kidnapped? Is it because he was working?

Yeah, maybe that’s why I was really feeling relieved. Nothing more. Of course what more there could be beside those reasons?

                “Do you want me to drag you in here or what?” Myungsoo warns to stand from the bed. And suddenly I feel really, really nervous.

                “Ok! Fine man! I’m getting on!” I was trying to fight the feeling inside my stomach by trying to raise my voice. I immediately got on my side of the bed lie with my back to him, pulled the blanket over me, and close my eyes.

                “Oi, don’t sleep to close to the edge you’ll fall!” I can feel him moving closer to my side and all I wanna do is to move away.

                “What the, Oi! You’re gonna fall!” Next thing I know, Myungsoo had his hand holding me by the waist and his body looming over me. Half-side of my body was free falling on the edge of the bed and he was holding me close to him. “What were you thinking?!”

                “It’s… it’s because you thrashes in your sleep that’s why. I’m giving you a lot of space!” I somehow managed not to stutter my words. Oi! Oi! You’re to close you get away from me!

                “I do?”

                “Like hell you do! I have to hold you down every time! You gotta fix that! So move on your side .” there, that would do it.

                “Then just hold me down again”

                Eugh?

                “Instead of sleeping not knowing when you might fall. Why don’t just sleep close to me and made sure I don’t thrash. Wouldn’t it be better that way?”

                Eugh? What was that sound just now? Am I sick? Do I have to see a doctor? What on earth is wrong with my heart?!!!

                “Oh…kay” Let’s sleep then” I worm my way underneath the blanket trying to really fall asleep now. I’m beat, both body and mind. Thinking, is the last think I want to do right now. Hurry up and make me sleep, I want this overwhelming good feeling to get out of my system. Worrying all night I barely slept so it’s making me feel strange.  When I woke up, I know this will disappear.

                I did fall asleep, when I woke up it was already half past one and Myungsoo was lying in a deep sleep next to me.

                Seems like I have really nothing to worry about. I should’ve not said that.

End of POV

                After calling his sister and knowing that there’s no one home this weekend Sungjong felt a little relieved. He sat on the kitchen counter taking a sip of his coffee when Woohyun came almost crashing by the door.

                “Hyung, you okay?” Sungjong immediately came to help.

                “I’ve been calling like a million times!” Woohyun said in between catching his breath.

                “What happened to you? Calm down for a moment will ya. I left my phone in the room”

                “No time. I was at the campus with some friends and people have been talking” Woohyun explained

                “Talking about what?” Sungjong asked.

                “This.”

                Woohyun showed his junior a photo of a guy with his back on the camera, and there’s Myungsoo. Below;

                “#Freshmen Jock with a guy lover kissing in the park”

                “I came here as soon as I saw this. It’s you, isn’t it?” Woohyun asked his friend.

                The sound of porcelain hitting the floor filled the room as Sungjong hurriedly went back to his room.

 

......................................................................IDeviant....................................................................................................................

Can I choke Myungsoo to death here?! Seriously what was he thinking!! 

*deep sigh

when writing I just consider myself as the person who writes the story but it's the chracters that dictates to me what happened/will happened/and how they want it to end... yup so we're all in thos together guys, this roller coaster ride story xD