Confessions of a Drunk

Seven Days

 

“ Woohyun-hyung what happened to you?” the younger boy immediately tend to his friend checking him as if were a mom who frantically see if his son is okay.

 

“ dongsaeng I’m fine. I just got into trouble and this guy helped me” Woohyun pointed with his thumb to the second passenger of the car.

 

“ hyung, thank you” Myungsoo nod off to his brother.

 

“ we found him beaten up in a alley near the hospital. he was mugged but we’re able to capture the guys who did it and retrieve his wallet and phone. Though we can’t salvage the bouquet he brought.” Sunggyu explained later on as he was sitting in the kitchen table with his brother. Woohyun went to shower while Sungjong offered to make tea for them as the younger boy went to prepare a big dinner for everyone who helped looking for Woohyun..

 

“thanks hyung, I can’t believe you found him with just a photo and a name” Myungsoo said.

 

“ I just happened to be friends with traffic monitoring team in the city. Plus the address narrowed down the search.”

 

“ how did you get friends with the police?” Sunggyu still continues to astonish his younger brother.

 

“ well, if you have to stalk your brother to make sure he’s safe you have to had good connections.and I just happened to design the system they were using so it’s easy for me to tap anytime” the older brother said grinning.

 

Wait is that even legal? Sungjong thought refilling their teas.

 

“ so, you two have talked about it?” Sunggyu asked his little brother but smiled at Sungjong.

 

“ talked about what?” the younger asked back.

 

“ I assume…”

 

“ Nothing just about this seven days we talked about this morning. But we’re gonna be living here in the dorm. It’s nice here and my friends are here too.” Myungsoo cuts off his brother and deliberately changes the topic.

 

  “ oh.” Sungjong said while he cut up the vegetables dropping them on the pot.

 

“ does he really know?” Sunggyu lowered his voice enough to just let his brother hear him.

 

“ not yet but I’m planning to.”

 

The two brother we’re whispering to each other and Sungjong doesn’t like it.

 

“ okay spill it out, what are you hiding from me? Myungsoo…” he gave a stern look at the older boy.

 

“ uhmm… you see”

 

“ my transplant. We were talking about it and it seems that we might be able to find a donor soon.” Sunggyu came to the rescue.

 

“ you are… I mean yeah. That’s why he was… he was going to the hospital this evening for a check up. Right hyung?”

 

“ yeah, we’re not talking about anything at all”

 

These two. Sungjong stared at them with a discerning look on his eyes.

 

“ you know it’s getting late. I should be going home now” Sunggyu nervously smiled trying to avoid Sungjong’s questioning looks.

 

“ but I’m cooking dinner. Everyone will be back soon why don’t you have dinner with us?” Sungjong’s smiled but his didn’t. it’s like his smiled is saying that the two is in big trouble if they were keeping something from him.

 

“ much as I wanted to taste your cooking I still have to go back to the hospital. Maybe some other time?”

 

“ I’ll see you out hyung” the younger brother offered not wanting to be left with Sungjong in the kitchen.

 

“ where’s Myungsoo and Mr. Kim?” Woohyun asked coming into the kitchen shortly after the two brother’s went out.

 

“ oh, Sunggyu left and Myungsoo saw him out. Take a seat hyung I’ll pour you some tea.”

 

“ I didn’t get to say thank you properly”

 

“ It’s alright hyung, we can ask him for coffee some time to say your thanks. Anyways how are you feeling?”

 

“ Aside from bruises and the cut I had from the broken glass the doctor said I’m gonna be fine after a week or so.” Woohyun made a faint smile.

 

“ hyung.. if you ever need someone to talk to I’m here. Myungsoo, Chanyeol and Baekhyun we’re all here if you need us.”

 

“ I’m sorry. I didn’t want to burden anyone with my problems”

 

“ Don’t apologize hyung we’re your friends. You can tell us anything that weighs you down. Just like you did to help Myungsoo and I allows us to help you too.”

 

“ thanks saeng. I’m glad I have friends like you. Frankly it was hard for me to talk about it. To say that the person I love couldn’t even recognize me that every day I had to see him to make him remember.”

 

Sungjong went to help his crying hyung. He didn’t say anything and just offered a shoulder.

 

“ I don’t want to loose him but everyday I see him suffering from his illness. The pain is intolerable sometimes he’ll pass out with tears in his eyes. I keep on telling him to hold on that I couldn’t live if he’s gone. I didn’t know how much suffering it caused him.”

 

“ hyung it’s okay. When the surgery is over we’ll come and see him.”

 

“ thanks saeng”

 

Soon a noise coming from the hallway filled the dormitory as the tenants came back. Sungjong had informed everyone that Sunggyu is back.

 

“ well, we may not be much hyung but the people in this dormitory is your family too.”

 

“ Woohyun-hyung! Are you okay? What happened to you? Why are you bandaged up?” Chanyeol sounded like a machine gun with his questions that some seniors had to cover his mouth for being too loud.

 

“ hyung, you okay?” Baekhyun asked Woohyun as he put on an apron to help Sungjong.

 

“ yeah, I am now.”

 

“ well then you just stay put and let us cook you the best dinner you’ll ever have.”

 

Myungsoo who just arrive from the convenience store carrying some booze approached Woohyun. “ hyung, whatever happens don’t forget were here. And I bought beer for everyone.”

 

That night the dormitory was loud and cheery as everyone made sure that their dorm president can feel how much he is appreciated by the people around him. They got scolded for staying up late but it was well worth it.

 

Sungjong got drunk and it was too late to stop him. Myungsoo immediately grabs him to carry him to bed.When the latter entered the room and saw that the younger boy had been using his bed Myungsoo couldn’t get off the sheepish grin on his face.

 

 Getting Sungjong on the bed to sleep proved to be difficult.

 

“ I told you not to get drunk. ” Myungsoo said taking off the younger boy’s jacket.

 

“ I ain’t *hic drunk. I reckon yer drunk I can *hic drink s’more!Whoohoo!” Sungjong had reverted back to his accent.

 

“ stop struggling and take off your jacket so you can sleep. You’re drunk and you almost kissed some stranger. How can I leave you when you’re like this”

 

“ I ain’t *hic sleepin and I ain’t *hic kissin any hanger ( stranger).”

 

“ fine, just get to bed okay?”

 

“ I ain’t like kissin no one*hic” Sungjong was giggling as he looked at Myungsoo with drunk eyes. He then put his finger on the latter’s lips and whispered, “ but yher exception hihi”

 

Should I take this as drunk talk? he’s so cute. Myungsoo bit his lower lip to control himself but Sungjong put his arms around the older boy.

 

“ ya know. *hic back den ya always kissed me. I got angry so * I kissed ya back * make it even hihi” the younger boy continues to giggle thinking he was dreaming.

 

“ so if I kissed you now are you going to kiss me back?” Myungsoo asked he himself drank a bit but he’s sober as hell. He’s clearly talking to a drunk but he feels like it’s the only time he can talk honestly with Sungjong.

 

The latter put his arms around Myungsoo’s shoulder. “ yer just ‘ave to find out hihi”

 

Myungsoo gulped back down whatever inhibition he has to Sungjong’s invitation. He leaned in closer anticipating on what will happen when their lips meet.

 

“ but this still *hic ain’t real. And I don’t want to *hic I don’t want to loose myself in someone else’s dreams.” Sungjong made a sad smile as he held Myungsoo’s face in his hand.