I made you cry again

Seven Days

 

Three gruelling hours had passed by.

It was the longest three hours in Sungjong’s life.

The three of them sat on the bend outside the operating room.

 

Sungjong gazed blankly on the wall. From lapse of time to time a few tears would escape his eyes and he was quick to wipe it.

 

Sunggyu had lost all his senses except that cold that froze inside his body. Nothing comes into mind and it seems words had made him mute.

 

Sungyeol stuffed his hands inside his pocket and the words he threw at Myungsoo echoed inside his head over and over again.

 

 Another hour had passed when the door opened an a doctor came out pulling of his mask.

 

Myungsoo’s brother rushed to the doctor and asked, “ how is he?”

 

“ he’s going to be fine Mr. Kim”

 

Sungjong sat back feeling a heavy burden got lifted off his shoulders. Sunggyu slumped on the floor his tears fell and Sungyeol helped him get up.

 

Those simple words, somehow managed to save this story to give it a chapter.

 

In reality Myungsoo broke twelve of his ribs, he had casts on his right arm and left leg, and his head was bandaged that when Sungjong first saw him he looked like a mummy.

 

Myungsoo fell into a coma.  

 

After the surgery the latter was moved into the private room. After a few days when the doctors had thought he was going to wake but didn’t they transported him back to the mainland hospital.

 

At first Sunggyu went on a rampage asking why his brother isn’t waking up and his anger grew when the doctors has yet to give him a proper explanation.

 

Sungjong refused to cry in front of Myungsoo. He would sit beside him everyday  and talk to him till he himself collapse into exhaustion.

 

When his sisters knew they rushed to their brother and when Sungjong saw his sisters he finally lets broke down into tears.

 

13 days into the coma.

Sungjong goes to school in the morning and spend all his time everyday in the hospital.

The younger boy tried to live as normal as he can and their friends did everything they could to help. A few times as week Woohyun along with their friends would spend time with Myungsoo hoping their happy chatter and noises would wake their friend up.

 

20 days into the coma

Myungsoo had no sign of waking up even though all his test results came back negative.

A few more tests were conducted.

Woohyun came to visit and saw Sungjong had fallen asleep holding unto Myungsoo’s hand.

Sungyeol and Sunggyu came later that night.

Outside the weather dropped a few degrees.

The doctors will announced all the test results.

They were negative and Myungsoo should be waking up by now.

 

25 days into the coma .

The weather forecast said that the city will mostly likely experience snow fall for the first time in 30 years.

Sungjong and Sunggyu sat in the doctor’s office.

 

“ Mr. Kim your brother should be waking up seven days into his coma after the accident. When he didn’t we run lab tests for anything that may affected him and his physical condition but when his results came back with nothing we opted for a psychological med to see into your brother’s condition.” the doctor said showing Myungsoo’s records, “ when all possible options have been exhausted we are left with the answer. We believe that the patient himself refuses to wake up.”

 

“ what do you mean?” Sungjong asked the doctor.

 

“The patient had a record for clinical depression multiple times into his teenage years, he had been diagnosed with Memory Distortion Syndrome* when he was a kid and though through medication it has been cures but his mental state of being had been suffering a lot since then. His psychological records showed us that there is a great chance of possibility that your…”

 

“Explain to me why he isn’t waking up when he’s supposed to be g****it!” Sunggyu gritted in anger.

 

“Mr. Kim The human brain is a complex organ. It is actually designed to make sure that their host is free from any harm be it physical or emotional as much as possible. If the patient believed that their existence causes burden or harm to the people around them this caused a lot of stress. Their brain may translate it that waking up would put them into the same extreme pain this opts the brain to defend its host, in this case staying asleep. What I’m truly saying sir is that getting your brother out of the coma isn’t up to us. It’s up to him if he chose to. At this point all we could is to take care of him”

 

“ What are you saying? That we can’t do anything about it?” the younger boy asked.

 

“ not necessarily speaking, if he can find a strong surge of emotion or motivation this may entail him to wake up.”

 

Myungsoo opened his eyes, he can see that the snow has piled up from outside the window. He reached out and touched the window pane yet cold as it may seem he stayed numb of the cold.

He had been sitting by the window for sometime looking for the owner of the voice he keeps on hearing when the door slowly opened. The person smiled and called out his name. Myungsoo smiled and took the person’s hand as they head outside.

As they walked into an empty white sheet road lined up by lifeless looking trees blanketed in thick heavy snow the little boy kept pausing and looking back as the hand continues to lead him deeper into the road.

Then from the side of his ear he felt someone whispered his name.

He stopped.

Looked back.

 

When he lets go of the hand he was holding the person beside him suddenly disappeared and now he find himself alone, standing in the middle of a long road barefoot in the snow.

His eyes panicked searching for the person he so longed to love him when he saw the person wearing a white hooded dress that hides her face standing up the ahead the road.

 

“ come with me, we can be together just as you wanted” the woman smiled as she held out her hand for the little boy.

 

Myungsoo looked at the hand before him. The hand that for countless of times he dreamed of reaching out to hug him. The hand that he so wanted to pat him on the head but only shoved him away. Right now that dream is right in front of him all he need is to reach out.

 

However, he kept looking back. He should be happy to get what he wants but somehow but is it what he really needed?

 

“What are you waiting for. This is what you wanted all this time. Let go, so everyone will be happy” the woman smiled at his son.

 

The boy looked down weighing his thoughts.

 

“ There is no time, we have to go” the woman kept his hand out.

 

“ Mom, did you ever love me?” Myungsoo stood as a grown man in front of his mother.

 

The smiled disappeared from the woman’s lips and replaced by an expression of deep regret and sadness all was unseen by his son, “ I tried to, I really did but I was blinded by hatred and refuse to open my heart”

 

Myungsoo smiled at his mother, he can hear the voice much clearer now.

 

“ That’s all I had to hear. Mom, I love you and I forgive you but I can no longer come with you.” the boy smiled at his mother, “all this time I dreamed of you thinking its me who’s reaching out to you. But now I understand, all this time it’s you that’s been trying to talk to me.”

 

The woman now stood as how Myungsoo remembers her, beautiful and smiling.

 

“ Thank you and I’m so sorry” the woman cried while smiling as he body began to fades into the thin air.

 

Myungsoo looked at his mom and wished for her to find peace and happiness in her next life. By now the voice is still unclear but the warmth he felt is something he can never forget. He started to ran back, smiling and happy as the voice gets louder and louder.

 

Myungsoo please come back to me.  

 

Sungjong wiped his tears while holding unto his partner’s hand. he had been spending all his time beside Myungsoo still hoping that when he wakes up he would be there to hug him but as the doctors continue to shake their heads fear starts to consume the courage he has.

 

“ Myungsoo, please wake up. If you do, you still haven’t heard my confession you idiot. Please.” Sungjong leaned in and whispered to his friend, “ Myungsoo please come back to me.”

 

Sungyeol paid a visit at the hospital, he had been watching Sungjong work himself into exhaustion and in the time that they have been talking he felt as though they have becomes brothers.

 

“ hey, you okay? Take a walk you’ve been here since morning” he tapped Sungjong who didn’t notice him.

 

“ Sungyeol-hyung, I thought you had work”

 

“ It was canceled due to the snow so I decided to help you here. Take a breather, I’ll stay with Myungsoo till you come back”

 

The younger boy nodded and walked silently out of the room. Just as Sungyeol sat on the chair beside the patient he glanced and saw that Myungsoo stirred and started to open his eyes.

 

“ hyung…?” was the first word the patient uttered.

 

Shocked Sungyeol ran out of the room and called out to the Sungjong and the doctor attending to Myungsoo.

 

Seconds later Sungjong was standing catching his breathe in front of Myungsoo.

 

“ hey…” the younger boy took a deep breathe and smiled.

 

“ hey, you’re crying” Myungsoo smiled back.

 

“ and who do you think is the reason?” Sungjong asked as he walked closer.

 

“ I made you cry again. I’m really no good huh?” Myungsoo reached out his hands and Sungjong took them into a hug.

 

........................................................IDeviant...................................................................... 

sorry took long enough for me to update guys its exams and I still have work. 

I'm relieved  I was able to update. I'm actually here at work and just finished my shift