One Life for Two People

Seven Days

The moon got deeper into the night as Sungjong sat on his side of the bed silently crying. When he came in terms with himself he slowly approach Myungsoo and slowly, gently whispered the words he so longed to tell his friend.

 

“ I love you”

 

 Sungjong slowly moved to lightly kiss the lips of the sleeping person next to him,

 

 “ and I will forget you”

 

 Sungjong finally fell asleep clinging to his friend.

 

If only Myungsoo woke up before the tear drop if he only heard Sungjong’s words then this story would’ve probably gone a different way.

 

The moon slowly gave way to the night as dawn draws nigh, no person look so sad as the expression Myungsoo had on his face. He kept holding unto his boyfriend’s hands pulling it close to his heart.

 

Just before dawn and tomorrow happens the sky turned pale and grey. The cold grew stronger and finally the small droplets of water in the clouds fell and turned snow white. He stared into the large open window as the snow started to stiffen the thin frail white curtains.

 

 “ I’m so sorry it has to end like this” the older boy planted a firm kiss on Sungjong’s forehead.

 

But now I have to give you your life back and this life doesn’t belong to me. Myungsoo though then got out of the bed, took off his jacket and picked up his car keys.

 

Before he went out the door Myungsoo take one last look at the person sleeping on the bed. He made one sad smile.

 

In the next life, it would be nice if we meet again. And maybe… the cold wind blew in from the window and Sungjong stirred in his sleep. The older boy didn’t finish his thoughts and slowly closed the door.

 

Half an hour later Sungjong woke up when Sunggyu barged in to the room. Myungsoo’s older brother looked petrified and pale.

 

“ What’s wrong? Where’s Myungsoo?”

 

Sunggyu was panting from rushing up the stairs when he tried to calm himself his hands began to tremble, “ he…he *deep breath the police called a minute ago. We have to leave”

 

“ What happened?” Sungjong could feel fear creeping into his chest.

 

“ Myungsoo. There was an accident”

 

 

Sungjong went cold and colour drained out of his face. His hands began shaking as he grabbed his coat and followed Sunggyu to a the waiting car outside.

Time seemed to have slowed down as they drove to the hospital. While the snow outside only seemed to have piled up.

 

When they reached to the hospital they rush into the ER but was stopped just outside the room. Two more doctors went inside and that split moment the doors had opened Sungjong saw the blood on the doctors clothes and a hand lying lifelessly on the operating table.

 

Sungjong went weak on his knees and slumped on the floor. Sungyeol looked shock himself and stayed speechless. It was Sunggyu who burst into anger.

 

“ I f****@#$%^^&*(@# hired you to do your F******* job! Why can’t you do it!” Sunggyu punched one of the body guards.

 

“ boss. We’re sorry.” all the body guards went on their knees into dogeza asking for forgiveness.

 

“ do you F***@#$%#$^%&^ think sorry will make up for it! Huh?!!” Sunggyu kicked his men in anger but the guards did nothing to stop him, “ if something happens to my brother don’t ever make me see all of your faces or I’ll shoot you all myself!”

 

“ Sunggyu stop it. Please it’s not their fault” Sungjong put himself in between Myungsoo’s older brother and the guards but he himself is crying.

 

“ Sungjong, please stay out of the way. None of this would’ve happened if they just did their job”

 

“ please stop. Let’s just pray that Myungsoo will be fine. Stop fighting”

 

Their conversation was stopped when a nurse approached them.

 

“ excuse me, are you the family of Mr. Kim?. Doctor Seo wants to see you in his office.”

 

It was the same doctor from the clinic. He smiled thinking be strong when he saw Sungjong but his smile faded when Sunggyu entered the room.

 

Two police officers where standing nearby.

 

“ hey, hang in there, okay?” the doctor said to his friend but the former did not answer.

 

“ How did the …. how did it happened?” Sungjong asked.

 

“ this morning a kid was saved from a car. It lost control due to the heavy snow and was about to hit a kid walking on the side of the road. The boy was saved but he took most of the impact.” the doctor took a deep sigh as if preparing for what he was about to say, “ but it’s not why I called for you. The police, they found something inside Myungsoo’s car”

 

The doctor signaled the police and one of the officer laid an evidence bag filled with prescription bottles before leaving the room.

 

“ what are those?” Sungyeol asked.

 

“ they’re all sleeping pills. They were found lying inside the driver’s seat. A bottle had been opened and more than the necessary dosage was taken and I’m guessing he was taking them when he saw the kid.”

 

“ what are you trying to say?” Sunggyu had much figured out what’s happening but then he himself refuse to believe the possibility.

 

The doctor made a deep sigh as he opened the document in front of him.

 

“ You’re probably not aware of this but a few days ago your brother contacted a hospital and he filed for organ donation.”

 

“ What? Why would …he do that?” Sungyeol asked but then he fell silent. Sungjong sat silently as he began to understand Myungsoo’s actions for the past week. The younger boy’s blood run cold with fear.

 

“ Sunggyu, your brother chose you as his recipient if something were to happen to him.”

The doctor handed a piece of paper. Myungsoo’s signature was fixed at the bottom of the paper, “ he may not have planned to be in an accident but he was clearly planning something as taking his own life.”

From outside the room somewhere in the hospital corridors the sound of scalpel clanking on the metal can be heard anywhere else has succumb to a feel of dreadful silence.

...............................................................................................IDeviant.........................................................................................................

 

 

... this took me awhile to decide