Two truths and What Really Happened II

Seven Days

“that is none of your concern. If you hadn’t done something as stupid again…” Sunggyu was about to get angry when he glanced at Sungjong staring at him. Myungsoo’s brother sighed and composed himself.

 

“you should go home and rest Sungyeol, I understand you’re still not feeling. Rest for a few days and I’ll contact you.”

“so the person you were talking about… was him?” Sungyeol’s expression was aghast as he stood there helplessly”

“What are you talking about?” Sungjong tried to ask but Sunggyu interrupted them.

“Lee Sungyeol, I’ll have my bodyguard you home”

Sungyeol made a small laugh as tears well up in his eyes.

Sungjong felt a sudden surge of sympathy when he saw Sungyeol’s expression and he felt the need to say something, “ Sungyeol, there’s nothing you need to worry about.”

“yeah… I know. I hope you’re happy now” Sunggyu’s childhood friend left a sarcastic remark before he went out the door.

“ Sunggyu I need to go home.”

“ the doctor said you need to rest, don’t worry about Myungsoo. I have my men looking out for him around the clock. Just stay here and rest”

“even if you say that…”

“you really are stubborn” Sunggyu smiled to himself, “ but doctor said no. I’ll do anything but allow you to go home.”

“then tell me your truth. When I asked Sungyeol all he said was you’re sick and Myungsoo is the only one who can help but why does it sound like there’s only one of you who should be alive?”

“I’m sorry Sungjong. It’s just that…” Sunggyu have never felt pressured in all his life but here he is sitting on a hospital bed and suddenly he felt like his body is actually alive, and nervous.

 

“Sunggyu, I’ve been running around in circles trying to figure out what is happening. And when it seems like things are getting clearer the more it feels like there are things that I didn’t know. Myungsoo, Sungyeol, and you are all suffering but it seems that there’s no cause of it all”

 

“I am.” Sunggyu sadly smiled, “ I am the cause of it all.”

 

Sungjong didn’t say anything and just stared at Sunggyu urging him to speak more.

 

“ I can’t. I don’t know how. I’ve been keeping things on my own for so long I don’ know where to start.” Sunggyu spoke. The proud shoulders slowing sinking and Myungsoo’s older brother looked tired.

“ then I will listen, despite all that has happened I know Myungsoo still love his family.”

 

Sunggyu took a deep sigh, “ you probably guessed the things I told you before were all about us. But sometimes when I think what happened to our family it’s more like a movie where everybody started and ended up in a place they never want to. It’s gonna be a long story.”

“well it’s a long night” Sungjong said.

 

“ I can’t believe I’m actually telling this to you”

“ I…I may just be your brother’s…boyfriend but I want his family to be happy.” Sungjong said.

“if only you met me earlier” Sunggyu mumbled to himself before speaking clearly. Agree to eat dinner with me sometime then, no?”

“I’ll think about it. Maybe next time the four of us could go out on a dinner”

“ well, here’s go nothing. You probably guessed that Myungsoo and I were half brothers…. I was born out of infidelity and the father we’re our mom’s previous lover. And as if karma I got sick but my mom was willing to commit a crime just so I could live”

 

.......................
She fully aware of who the father was but after she gave birth his lover could nowhere to be seen. She loved every bit of her son and took care of her as any good mother with do. Then when Sunggyu was three when they suddenly rushed him to the hospital.

 

They thought I just fainted from the heat but it turned out even worse.

“the doctors diagnosed me with something they have never seen before. A disease as though the organs of my body has the mind of their own and I cannot do anything when they decide to stop functioning.” Sunggyu narrated.

 

In the next days that followed everything has changed. A blood transfusion has to be made but none of the parents were a match so they have to find a compatible donor.

 

My blood isn’t something that you could just obtain in a blood bank. After sometime they found a donor and a transfusion was possible.”

 

However the doctors were wary of the situation, the little boy needed a bone marrow transplant as soon as possible to produce blood and continue his organs working. The couple were worried, but their problems were only tip of the iceberg when they found out that none of them were a match donor to their son. Desperate they did everything to find a donor and tested all possible acquaintances they have but all turned out negative.  

“A year after the incident they found a match and the transplant was possible. And once again she thought everything will be fine but once again they were proven wrong.

 

The doctor sighed. He had never seen something like this before and even if they were the a top performing hospital they don’t have a full diagnosis of what is their patient’s illness. “ Your son’s body is a ticking time bomb Mrs. Kim. His body doesn’t produces enough blood to supply the body however that’s not only the problem. Your kid’s heart may be able to sustain him but as he will grew older his heart will grew weaker and at a certain point a heart transplant will have be to done. Finding a donor is difficult however in your son’s case we cannot say anything. His body is so sensitive that any donor that is outside of your bloodline may become fatal to him. As for the heart we are already put your son’s name in the priority list but after sometime he might need another bone marrow transplant and the rate of finding a match is even lower.

 

“then what should we do doctor? Do anything I don’t care how much” the mother was crying. His husband stayed silent by her side.

 

“Money is not a problem” the husband assured the doctors, “ but I don’t want you to put my son’s life in danger. We want to be assured that our son will survive.”

 

“ Sir, your son’s condition is so rare that no other cases have been reported. His survival isn’t something we can just assure. But even if we treat him now we don’t know how much his body can stop hold before the next transplant. But if you agreed we you would allow, there’s one way that it could be possible.

“I’ll do everything at this point doctor” the wife said in a grim expression.

 

“ at some cases that occur where none of the family members were a match for transplant” the doctor gave a meaningful look at the Sunggyu’s father, “ we encourage couples to have a second child. As it is most likely that the next kid has the greatest possibility to be a match to their sibling. This could be a sustainable situation for cases like this but we also understand the ethical issues and we won’t press if the couples do not consent on it.”

 

“We’ll do anything” the mother said without hesitation. Sunggyu’s father didn’t say anything.

 

“A year later Myungsoo was born. Our parents were happy but all at different reasons. After that father focused on the family business to pay for my medical expenses and for my future operations. Father thought he finally had the family he always wanted to be so worked hard.

 

Mother focused on taking care of her kids. As Myungsoo grew healthy my mom strictly forbids him to do anything that could physically injure him. He’s not allowed to play with kids his age so he grew quite attach to me. We were a typical happy looking family on the outside. I go to a private school while Myungsoo was home schooled. He was only allowed to go to school upon my request. But by that time something in Myungsoo has changed. Father wasn’t able to pay attention and I only found out later.

 

Sunggyu sighed remembering the first time he noticed the change in his little brother.

 

It was a sunny afternoon when Sunggyu decided to fetch his brother from school for the first time. Classes has ended early he thought he and Myungsoo could go home together since his brother’s class only goes from morning to noon.

When Sunggyu arrived at Myungsoo’s school all the kids had gone home except for his brother who was sitting in the corner by the door looking out on an empty playground. Something bothered Sunggyu but he greeted his little brother with a happy smile.

 

“hi they kiddo, should we go home together?”

“hyung!!” the kid’s face lit up seeing his brother. Myungsoo immediately clung to his older brother.“ but it’s still early, they always picked me up in the afternoon”

 

“What?” They?  

 

“Oh who’s this Myungsoo-ah?” a young teacher asked seeing Sunggyu.

“Ah good afternoon teacher, I’m Myungsoo’s older brother Sunggyu. I came to pick him up. Thank you for taking care of my brother”

 

...........................................................................IDeviant...................................................................