Comes the Rainbow

Seven Days

Sungjong’s POV

                After all the crazy things that happened things finally began to settle down. I started working on the convenience store and probably aside from the fact that I am actually being used as a hugging pillow of a very big dog who acts like a kid at times and yet still be able to have girls running after him, nothing has changed.

                . I’ve known for some time that Myungsoo have a childish side but I’m actually surprise I’m still learning a lot about him.

                Like how he’s sleep talks, mumbles out about kimchi and onigiri most of the times. And now that all those pillows are starting to disappear on his side I’ve been trying to make sure that he don’t thrash so much in his sleep. But somehow I ended up sacrificial lamb being trap in those long arms of his. If this is how I can help him then let it be.

                Not all times that I find him sleeping peacefully, in the middle of the night I would wake up to see Myungsoo quietly sleeping yet with tears were streaming down his face. And suddenly I get these feeling that I could not leave him like this.

                Working and being a hugging pillow means I have to make sure that my schedules won’t mix. It’s just like having two part-time jobs one after the other, though I have to admit that the latter still makes me uncomfortable

My classes aren’t that tight, class starts at seven in the morning and ends at three in the afternoon. Afterwards I work on the store till six in the evening.

Ever since I started working Myungsoo would always come and pick me up. It’s pretty embarrassing since some people would throw strange looks at tall guy looming by the counter as he waits for my shift to end. But I couldn’t just shoo him away, besides if he’s there girls would flock around raising up sales, it’s a win-win situation… maybe. Sometimes when Woohyun-hyung come in early for his shift I would feel comfortable as the two of them would chat away.

However that’s not what’s making me uncomfortable…more like nervous? Or you can call it feeling awkward, maybe? It’s…

After my shift ended we would grab dinner, sometimes ate with the other tenants on the big kitchen just like any other dorm mates. During the day things are pretty simple, we met in class chat like usual then I go to work and we go home together. That’s where simple ends, realizing that every time I’m getting out of the shower there’s a Myungsoo lying on the bed is nerve wracking! I feel like cold chills run down my spine one after the other.

Holly Molly! What did I get myself into? We look like …. Nooo Way I’m saying it, not in a million years!

“Hey, what are you waiting for?”  Myungsoo said lying on his side like a sunbathing seal.

“What do you mean what am I waiting for?” What’s with that position? I thought still trying to ignore everything. “Just get the hell out of here already”

(There’s no other way to describe it folks but just like a husband waiting for his wife! lol)

“Take off your bathrobe so…”

“! Don’t mislead the readers! This is an honest to goodness story! Stop feeding the reader weird things!”

“Hahaha, I’m just saying take off your bathrobe so you can change into your night clothes”

                “Shut up, I’m changing and it’s still too early to sleep!”  

End of POV

                “Quit starin’. I don’t have that washboard abs like yours” Honestly! I’m skinny and no matter how I tried to grow facial hairs nothing works! Sungjong wanted to complain but his pride as a man keeping him from acting jealous. “And why are you still here anyway?”

                “You ordered not to talk but you didn’t say I can’t stare” Myungsoo was enjoying the moment teasing his friend.

                “Poetic aren’t we?” Sungjong rolled his eyes in annoyance.

                “Ha-ha, I’ll take that as a compliment. What’s wrong with not having them anyways?” Myungsoo rolled on the edge of the bed, his elbows and palms making a “Y” shaped to elevate his face from the bed as he continue to stare.

                “Stop laughin’ at me” Yeah, yeah. This guy’s actually mocking me right? Sungjong said taking out his favourite yellow cotton shirt.

                “No I’m serious. I’d rather have you that way than anything else”

                “That does it Mr. Perfect! You don’t have to rub it in my face okay? You’re ticking me off” Sungjong went to the bathroom and finished getting dressed. There’s no way he’s going to get dressed in front of that guy ever again.  

                “No I’m saying it as I feel it. If you’re bigger than me it’d be awkward hugging you when we’re sleeping Myungsoo paused as if in deep thoughts. Can’t imagine it… it’s too much! Sungjong... the Buff?! LOL HAHAHA ROFL” Myungsoo went on as the younger boy came out from the bathroom a minute later.

                “Shut it! You’re making me remember bad memories!”  Sungjong wasn’t angry just irritated as he pick the nearest pillow and started hitting Myungsoo.

                “Haha, I’ll stop. I’ll stop. Hahaha! I surely don’t want to upset Sungjong… the Buff!” Myungsoo snorted in laughter and Sungjong startled to wrestle him trying to squeeze the life out of his bully roommate when the door suddenly sprang open and Woohyun was standing there with a surprised expression on his face.

                “Ooh… kay? Uhmm, am I interrupting something?” Woohyun said looking troubled, “maybe I should go? I called but you didn’t seem to hear me guys. Sorry”

                “What do you mean?” Sungjong said still oblivious while Myungsoo was trying to hide his laughter.

                “You should lock the door you know before…” Woohyun shrugged his shoulders, his expression suggested something that made Sungjong’s eyes widen in horror. The latter’s gaze move from Woohyun to Myungsoo lying there beneath him.

                “No! This is not what it looks like!” the younger boy jump at Woohyun dragging him inside the room. Sungjong’s face was beet red realizing that just a while ago he was on top of Myungsoo, and the latter’s hands were on his waist. “We were just wrestling! Just a friendly wrestle! That’s all”

                “No pressure, I’m not against those things” Woohyun smiled still not getting it. His eyes roamed around the room and seeing the beds close to one another he made an “Oh” face.

                “Argghhh! Kim Myungsoo explain that this is just nothing” Sungjong was getting frustrated.

                “Sorry that was nothing” Myungsoo put on his charismatic friendly-to-all smile but he remained on the bed. “We usually close the door” this time a playful almost teasing expression is clearly visible on his face.

                “Myungsoo!” Sungjong’s voice was angry.

                “Keke just kidding hyung. Just having a friendly pillow fight” Myungsoo grinned.

                “Jeez, fine, fine I get it. But you two should still lock the room what if someone else accidentally opens the door and misunderstood?” Woohyun said faking his amusement with a grumble.

                “Why are you here anyways hyung” Sungjong said as he tried to distance himself from the bed. Didn’t you misunderstood us just a while ago?

                “I actually have a favour to ask you” Woohyun said in a somewhat serious tone. Sungjong began to worry, his hyung usually ask for simple favours but this time it’s different.

                “As long as I can do it, go ahead” Sungjong replied.

                “Can you take my usual shift for me starting tomorrow? Just for three days till this Friday.”

                “You usual shift? That’s after mine right?” Sungjong looked at Myungsoo as if asking him to speak but the older boy said nothing.

                “Yes, the night shift seven to nine. My mom called saying my old man had an accident and he’s in the hospital right now”

                “Oh, I see” Sungjong said, right then and there he would say yes but somehow he felt that the decision is not for him to make. He glanced at his roommate sitting quietly on the bed.

                “But I’m not going to force you if you can’t make it.” Woohyun retracted. “It can be pretty dangerous going home late at night”

                “Ah no, actually I’m fine… ” Sungjong threw a quick glance at Myungsoo for the last time. If Myungsoo will not say anything Sungjong will still agree.

                “Don’t worry hyung, I’ll come fetch him after his work so we can go together” Finally Myungsoo said something and Sungjong was more than relieved that he agreed.

                “Really?” Woohyun’s face lit up like a lantern in a dark night sky. “Thanks you two, I promise I’ll bring back souvenirs!”

                Sungjong smiled as he tapped his hyung on the shoulder, “Don’t worry too much here okay? Just go to your dad, I’ll take over your shift. Don’t stress yourself too much, if you need anything just call us okay?”

                “Aww. Sheesh, ain’t I lucky to have such good friends” Woohyun was easy to tears as he gave Sungjong a light hug.

                “Thanks you two” Woohyun said walking to the door, “by the way, you guys have my hundred percent support” Woohyun was smiling happily he even gave a thumbs up before disappearing.

                Sungjong was slow on the uptake yet upon seeing Myungsoo laughing, our younger boy’s face turned like a plump red tomato in a clear harvest moon.

                “Myungsoo, if you don’t get within the count of three. I’m gonna smash that pretty face of yours on the wall till no one recognizes it.” Sungjong rolled up the sleeves of his yellow cotton shirt as he approached his roommate. “One… Two…”

“Okay, okay! Hahaha Jeez. You’ve beaten me enough for today” Myungsoo slid himself out the window, remnants of his laughs were still visible. “See you later”

                “Yeah, Yeah. Window closes at one” Sungjong answered.

                “Yes boss.” Myungsoo made a comedic salute and walked away.

                Like the old times Sungjong watched his roommate put on a hood before getting swallowed by the darkness. For the past two weeks since their deal, Sungjong had set rules keeping his roommate from self-destruction.

                Tuesdays and Fridays, Myungsoo still sneaks out of the dorm. Yet this time his roommate made him promise to come back sober.

 

................................................................................IDeviant............................................................................

they say people doesn't drink to forget

they drink to somehow atleast lessen the pain they are feeling...