Tell me Your Truth

Seven Days

There was a slight downpour outside when Sungjong finally noticed the time, Myungsoo had been gone for hours and there’s no sign of him coming back. The younger boy checked his phone and sure enough there was a message.

 

Sungjong-ah I’m sorry an emergency came up.

I’ll be back to borrow the books, I’m sorry.

Seen: 5:30 pm

The message was send almost three hours ago and the library had closed half an hour ago.

 

What happened? Where are you? Are you okay?

Sent 5:31 pm

Sungjong’s POV

That was the first of the messages left unanswered by Myungsoo and not the first time he broke his promises. The next day after that, and the next, and the next. I got tired of hearing his excuses that I just let everything go. In the morning we would go to our classes and he would right afterwards while I work on my project late into the night.

 

He would go home around midnight and would snuck in our bed, tired and exhausted. I knew who the reason was.

 

Sungyeol have been getting into drunk fights every night even though he still has work the next day. His manager, afraid that the agency will find out asked Myungsoo if he could help to which the latter agreed.

Watching Myungsoo’s face lit up while he was talking about the person he likes in front of me should be enough to kill me but I’ve been working myself to the point that all I could do is nod and smile at him while feeling numb all over.

 

 I couldn’t asked him to prioritize me, I couldn’t demand from him his attention. I couldn’t… I wouldn’t do anything that will make him realize how I feel.

 

All I could do is work myself out till both my body could feel nothing anymore.

 

End of POV

 

You looked like the dead had risen, ‘ you alright?” Woohyun asked his friend seeing the dark circle around Sungjong’s eyes. The younger boy looked paler by the day and it worries him.

 

“I’m fine hyung, I’m just sleep deprived since I still had to work on my project”

 

“Should I help you out?”

 

“Thanks but I’m fine hyung. You still have your part-time job, don’t overwork yourself”

 

“Look who’s talking, the deadline’s two days away you sure you’re going to be fine?”

 

“ I’m fine hyung, I’m almost finished.” Sungjong replied

 

Why don’t you take a break for moment, you look like you really could use some fresh air.” Wooyun insisted.

 

Sungjong was hesistant for a moment but he yielded looking at his friend’s eyes.  

 

“ You’re right hyung, I’ll take a break right after I …”

 

“ I’ll clean up here, go home” Woohyung pushed his friend out the door, “ I haven’t see Myungsoo lately, what happened?”

 

“ what do you mean hyung? We’re not always together. He also has his own class” Sungjong tried to smile.

 

“ yeah but it’s not he’s always going somewhere these days. He’s a freshman but he’s too busy. Last time I think I saw him standing infront of the theatre arts department”

 

“ oh, uhmm he’s probably doing some work”

 

“ well anyways, get some rest. Call that boyfriend of yours and tell him to come home early to take care of you” Woohyun teased. If there’s one thing that could make Sungjong feel a little bit lighter it would definitely be Myungsoo.

 

“ thanks hyung. I’ll go home early I think. Bye”

 

 Even though the sun haven’t set yet The sky’s already turning its signature sunset colours. Sungjong was walking thinking he should go home but when he remembers the house empty he stopped. He stood by the school gate looking to his right where home is.

It’s not like there’s someone waiting for me there. The younger boy thought as he left taking the left side of the street.

 

“Sungjong! How are you?” Dongwoo was surprised to see his friend.

 

“ Hey hyung, it’s been sometime. I’m taking a break from my school project and decided to stop by here.” Sungjong smiled at his former boss, “ How are things here? How about you?”

 

“ Well we’re one part-time short but we still manage.” Dongwoo replied while stacking up on cup noddles.

 

 

“ it’s nice working here, I have nothing to think about but my work” the younger boy smiled to himself as he help his hyung.

 

 

you seemed down, did something happen?”

 

“ Nah, it’s okay. It’s just that I’ve been busy with school and a friend of mine needs help but …” Sungjong sighed, “ hyung, when a friend needs your help but if you do you might loose them. What will you do?”

 

Dongwoo paused for a moment and looked at his junior, “ How about you wait for me, my shift ends in ten minutes. I know a good place”

 

 

“Dongwoo0hyung, I have no plans to drink” Sungjong said as they enter a seemingly simple metal door but descended on a lodge style pub.

 

“ It’s actually more of a restaurant but since they have good beer the place kind of look like a pub. Don’t worry it’s safe and you don’t have to really drink if you want to”

 

The two settled on a small corner of the pub after their orders have been taken.

 

“ About your friend, that person seemed to be in a tight situation.” Dongwoo continued the conversation.

 

Sungjong nodded, “ it’s just he.. he’s probably thinking what will happen if he no longer has a part in his friend’s life. ”

 

“ They’re friends right? Why would he worry about that?”

 

The younger boy did not say anything.

 

“ Unless, he’s afraid that he’ll loose him to someone else?” Dongwoo made an insightful comment toward his friend.

 

“ he probably lost in the first place hyung” Sungjong made a small smile, “ right now he doesn’t know what to do anymore.”

 

“ Sometimes you have to let go of the some things to truly understand what you feel. And sometimes you have to let go of someone for that person to know your worth.”

 

“ haha, I don’t get it hyung but I’ll tell my friend” Sungjong made a hollow laugh.

 

“I think your friend already know what he must do, but no matter what happens I’m sure he’ll have friends who can support him.” Dongwoo raised him mug of malt to his junior, “ To your friend, may he find his happiness.”

 

“ Thanks hyung…” Sungjong wan’t even able to raise his glass when they heard some people arguing.

 

 

...................................................................................................................IDeviant................................................................................................. 

Next chapter is something to really look forward to....... 

the truth, if it's going to hurt 

are still willing to hear it? 

may be yes, 

but what if it'll hurt the person you hold dear the most? 

are you still willing?