The Final Truth Part 1

Seven Days

“ Then why are you still here?” Sungjong asked unfazed.

 

“I’m sorry, it’s just when Sungyeol gets drunk..”

 

“ Go.” the younger boy said with a modest smile.  

 

“You sure?” Myungsoo asked as he gathered his things.

 

“Yeah. Go before I changed my mind, I’ll take your food as payment” Sungjong managed to hide his disappointment with a joke.

 

“Thanks, don’t worry he probably just need someone to take him home” the older boy hastily left the restaurant leaving Sungjong to sigh for himself. Shortly after the waiter came with their orders.

 

“Would it possible if I could have them to go?” Sungjong quietly said when the waiter glanced at the empty seat in front of him.

 

“Sure, I’ll wrap them up for you if you’d like”

 

“ Thank you”

 

When Sungjong was left alone he felt like banging his head straight into the concrete wall.

how can I say no when you’re looking at me like you’re begging for me to let you go.

Dam*** Myungsoo don’t ask something knowing I could never say no. The younger boy took another deep breathe as he looked down on himself, “ as if I have the right to”  

 

After he left the restaurant the young architect student found himself in the direction of their old dormitory instead of heading home. He find the idea of going home to an empty place and brooding over a disappointed date too much, that he’s rather be somewhere else.

 

“What are you doing here? I thought you’re out on a date or something.” Woohyun was surprised when he opened his door to his dongsaeng.  

 

“Long story hyung, here dinner” the latter handed him the paper bag filled of what supposed to be part of a date, “ and beer”  

 

“Beer? What happened?” Woohyun asked again nevertheless he lets his friend in as he prepare the food.

 

“Nothing, he suddenly have something to do so I let him. ” the younger boy shrug his shoulders, “Anyways I should just copy my notes here so I can return them early.” Sungjong added as he settled on the table by the window of the room.

 

“Okay, I’ll reheat the food so we can eat.”

 

“Thanks hyung” the other replied opening a can of beer while flipping through Woohyun’s notes and starts to copy.

 

“Was it that important?” Woohyun asked as he pop the first dish into the microwave.

 

“ What is?” Sungjong replied while copying notes.

 

“You know, for him to cancel your date.”

 

The former paused on his writing and looked his friend, “ you’re saying?”

 

“ I mean I’m not prying but you’re clearly upset”

 

“What? I’m not… ” Sungjong paused taking in a deep breath, “ …do I really looked upset?”

 

“You tell me” Woohyun said, “ I’m not the one who came with a pack of beer and a face that says otherwise”

 

The young boy sighed and dropped his pen, “ nothing hyung, it’s just me being unreasonable.”

 

“ You sure?”

 

“Yeah” Sungjong stared outside the window. Outside he can see he the empty security booth just beside the dormitory’s gate, beyond a deserted street and a tall lamp post with vines clinging on the post’s steel post.

 

“That’s clingy” the younger boy thought out loud referring to the vines.

 

“ Well, being in a relationship sometimes you have speak up what’s in your mind” Woohyun said thinking they’re still talking on the same page.

 

“No hyung, I’m taking about the vines outside” Sungjong tried to explain but realized his own words, “ I mean, I don’t want to burden him with unnecessary things. Even if I ask him to stay nothing will happen.”

 

“ Maybe something will, you just haven’t tried it yet” the older boy smiled, “ you two have been dating for months. You fought and made up, that’s just how a couple’s life should be. If you have something to say don’t be afraid to let them know.”

 

“ Yeah, maybe” the younger boy nonchalantly replied, “ I wish I have the right to.”

 

“What? Did you say something?” the other person inside the room wasn’t able to hear Sungjong’s mumble as the microwave bell rings.

 

“Nothing hyung, I’m just getting hungry”

 

“Yeah, but don’t drink the beer like it’s water. I don’t want you to go all drunk that I have to call your boyfriend to pick you up.’

“don’t worry hyung, he won’t.” Sungjong said taking another long sip of his drink.

 

“What make you so sure he won’t?” Woohyun raised a brow on his dongsaeng.

 

The younger boy took a long paused staring outside the window, “ I just know it.”

 

“ fine, fine. If you say so.” Woohyun shook his head.

 

Taking a short break to eat dinner the two students focused on their studies when he received a message. An hour had passed and Sungjong was gathering his things to go when he received a message.

 

Myungsoo:

Hey, I probably can’t go home tonight.

He’s really drunk and making a mess of everything.

Don’t wait for me and sleep early.

 I’ll be home early tomorrow.

I’ll make it up to you. I’m sorry

Goodnight.

Seen 2001pm

 

“Are you ready to go?” Woohyun asked his friend.

 

“Hyung, our old room is still there, isn’t it?” Sungjong asked turning off his phone and stuffed it inside his coat without giving any reply.

 

“ Yeah why?”

 

“ nothing” the young boy said grabbing another two cans of malt, “ I’ll be sleeping here tonight.”

 

Sungjong stood by the door of their old dorm room. It had been cleaned, the walls repainted, and the window had been fixed. The beds has been separated and was back to their original positions at the either side of the wall.

 

“ The room’s still under your names and you can use it anytime if you want. I’ll just turn on the heater and you’re good to go” Woohyun said then handed his junior the key, “ you’re gonna be fine here on your own?”

 

“Yeah, thanks hyung. Good night.” Sungjong bade goodbye and isolated himself inside the room.

 

He stared at the two beds before deciding to walk towards the window taking a chair with him. The cold wind rustled through the overgrown bushes, he rubbed his arm as the frigid breeze touched his skin.

 

The evening was clear as the moon shines bright despite being not full. A few cumulus clouds dotted the sky like cotton candy and the stars seemed spreads throughout the entire night sky

 

“He used to wait for me to fall asleep before sneaking out” Sungjong rested his chin on his arm by the window frame, “ then one night he suddenly just came home and kissed me.”

 

“ I wonder when did I really start to feel this way for him? He made my life one hell of a mess. Did you know that you idiot…” the latter comically puts his fist in the spur of moment then slowly mellows down, “ but still, I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

 

“ How can something be so painful and beautiful at the same time?” Sungjong whined to himself, unaware as the booze starts to kick in.  

 

“Arrghh, I want to go watch the stars but if I do I have to go to the rooftop and remember all sort of stuffs again” Sungjong had been talking to himself out loud that if anyone walk in on him and heard him talking to himself it’s easy for the person think he’s actually cuckoo in the brains.

 

“Let’s just get drunk!!” saying as he clinked his can of beer to the other unopened one by his side.   

 

A few sip and Sungjong could feel his body heat up. Mustering his courage he finished the beer he slumps into one of the beds staring at the open window.

 

“hurry and come back already” the latter whispered like a kid as slowly the alcohol took its toll and dragged him to sleep.

 

On the other side of town, Myungsoo had been looking on his phone for quite sometime now but nothing happened.

 

 

 

.............................................................................................................IDeviant...................................................................................

Story trivia: Dormitory Life

.

  1. Woohyun acts as the dorm leader of their dormitory when his fellow dorm mates voted him after he stopped a raging fight between two tenants.

 

  1. There are few students assigned to their dorm not only for the reason that most design architecture students live nearby but their dormitory is infamous for having delinquent students before and the reputation stuck on.
  2. Unconsciously Sungjong chose this place for it seemed lively( probably due to his delinquent life before) to him and it’s the only building that looked like a house ( it was originally a house turned dormitory anyways^^)

 

As for Myungsoo he was originally going to live in another dormitory but due to it fully booked he was moved to the dormitory where Sungjong is.  (there’s another fun fact about this trivia! See you ext episode)