Two Stories, One Accident

Seven Days

For a second no one moved as if time stood still. Somewhere in the house a single droplet of water sounded hitting a drum.

 

Myungsoo stood by the door like a frozen statue staring.

 

Sungjong was holding unto Sunggyu

 

Sunggyu hands wrapped around the young boy’s waist.

 

“Why aren’t you getting in…” Sungyeol appeared behind Myungsoo but stopped when he saw Sunggyu inside the room. His voice seemed to have woken up the others and Sungjong immediately lets go. As he did Myungsoo’s strides right in and before anyone can stop him punched his brother right across the face, “ Get your hands off him!”

 

Sunggyu fell down, lips bleeding. In reflex Sungjong tried to help but Sungyeol was already running to his friend’s side helping Sunggyu get up.

 

“Sunggyu are you alright?” Sungyeol seems to be frantic checking on his friend but his anger was eminent when he turns to confront Myungsoo, “ Why did you do that?! You know what you could’ve done?! You don’t…”

 

“Sungyeol. I’m fine”

 

“ but you…”

 

“just leave it”  

 

“ What do you mean why?! You should asked him what the hell is he doing here holding unto my partner!” Myungsoo was indignant.

 

“ Relax I didn’t do anything” Sunggyu was wiping the blood off his face and straightening out his suit, “ at least not yet.”

 

“ You **sh***! What do you want from me? Don’t you dare touch him again” Myungsoo was about to made another attempt to punch his brother but then Sungjong came in between them and grabs his “boyfriend” by the hand.

 

“Myungsoo, calm down.” The younger boy tries to calm his friend down but it seems his voice was lost in the anger in the younger Kim’s eyes.

 

“ I came here to talk to you but it seems futile now.”

 

“There’s nothing to talk, get the hell out” Myungsoo said gritting his teeth.

 

“ don’t think you’ve been fooling long enough? It’s time for you to go home” Sunggyu said not losing a bit of composure he has.

 

“home? What the F*%* do you mean by home?” the younger brother scoffed, “ I left that freaking place to give you what you want. Why do you keep meddling in mine! If he’s making you do this just tell him I want to be erased from the registry.”

 

“ We are trying to help you get better, dad was only doing…”

 

“Stop it! Could you for one moment stop acting like you f*)%$#@* care! Whatever he said to you just stop it, you don’t have to pretend and try to help me!” Myungsoo kicked the nearest thing to him, a table toppled over along with the crashing of several potted indoor plants.

 

“  Myungsoo, dad only wants what’s best for you.” Sunggyu replied back, “ if you want I can transfer to the extension house and you can stay in the main house.”

 

“ You’ve got to be kidding me. What do you think is the reason I moved out of that g**d*** place?! It’s to give you what you want! You have everything you wanted. Why do you keep on dragging me back to that hell?!” this time the younger brother punched a whole right through a large wooden frame hanging by the wall. “ treat me like I’m dead and I’ll do the same”

 

Before Myungsoo could finish Sungyeol angrily came up and slap him on the face it rendered the younger brother speechless.Sunggyu’s childhood friend was trembling and Sungjong thought he was about to cry, “How dare you talk to your brother like that, you don’t know what he’s been through! everything he’s…”

“Sungyeol, stop.” Sunggyu commands in a calm authoritative voice.

 

“but, he should know “ the other started to protest but it was futile.

 

“ I said leave it be.” Sunggyu said in a clam voice then he looked at his younger brother, “ Myungsoo, I know I’m the reason for your nightmares. I hated it because you never got sick and I was the one coming in and out of the hospital. I never thought that what I did would result to you suffering so much. I want you to go back home not to torment you. I’ve hired doctors to attend your needs. I assure you, I won’t see or come into the house until your treatment is over.”

 

“I created this mess and you’re the one who suffered” Sunggyu continued, “ I won’t force you to say yes now, but think about it. You have someone that supports you and I hope you won’t hurt him.”

 

Myungsoo’s brother picked up his coat and went to Sungjong, “ take care of yourself too” saying as he tried reached to touch the young boy by the cheek but stops himself when his younger brother came in between them.

 

“Don’t you dare touch him” Myungsoo said in a threatening look.

 

“ at least be responsible in your relationship.” Sunggyu said, “ How can you take care of your lover when you yourself have to be taken first.” Sunggyu’s last words struck like lightning it rendered Myungsoo stumped.

 

The house fell into a deafening silence. Myungsoo continues to glare at the door long after his brother and Sungyeol had left.

 

Sungjong looked at the whole mess in front of him. Turned over furniture, broken glass, broken pots, and that hole on he wooden frame could tell that whoever did this has a lot of anger in him. He started to pick up the broken pieces when he saw small trail of blood leading up to where the other is standing.

The younger boy immediately checked Myungsoo’s hand to see the wounds on the latter’s hands.

“Myungsoo, you’re bleeding. Let’s treat your wounds” Sungjong said giving a small tugged on his friend.

“ I understand if you hate me” there was a tremble in the older boy’s tone as he stood looking down. “ I… I understand if you’re tired of … me. Just… wait till I fall asleep and you can ”

Myungsoo could not even finish his words as he stood like an empty shell with his tears escape his eyes.

“ I don’t hate you and I’m not leaving you either.” Sungjong shook his head and reaches out to Myungsoo, “ I’m here… I’ll be here if you need me.”

For the first time in his life, Sunggyu’s little brother felt like he has a place where he belongs, he slumps unto the floor in Sungjong’s arms and cried like a kid.

 

Myungsoo sat on the entrance hall Myungsoo crying in his friend’s arms. After he calmed down he let Sungjong led him into the kitchen to clean up his wounds without any complain.

 

The older boy helplessly gazed at his friend, “ Why do you always stand by me? I hurt you so many times. I kept you in the dark, dragged you into this mess and yet …”

 

“ You know, it’s probably because of the pay. You know I kinda felt angry when you told Sungyeol” Sungjong managed a small joke as he carefully check Myungsoo’s arms for more wounds.

 

“ I’m so sorry. That was when you agreed to date me to cover up for what happened. I thought I had to explain myself to Sungyeol and I just blurted it out. That was a long time ago. I know you were never that kind of person.”

 

“ See, things clear up when you explain things” Sungjong smiled as he turns around. “ All you have to do is talk about it” saying as he gently pats dry Myungsoo’s hands and took the first aid kit from the cabinet.

“ if, if I tell you can you promise not to leave me” the part time-photographer art university student sounded like a seven year old kid.

“ I won’t”

 

“It’s… it’s not the same. If I tell you I might loose the only one that truly cares for me. I don’t want that”

 

“ You’re not” Sungjong smiled and he cupped Myungsoo’s face, “ I promise. I’m not just the one that cares for you. Our friends, they care about you too.”

 

“ Promise you won’t hate me, promise you won’t leave me.” the older boy hugged his friend then whispered, “ Say you promise”

 

“ That’s way to many promises” Sungjong jokes to lighten up he mood.

 

“ Sungjong!” the other demanded.

 

“ I promised” it’s not like anything you say will make me hate you.

 

“ I… killed our mom.”

 

Sungjong wanted to asked if Myungsoo was joking but the look on his partner's eyes tell him otherwise. 

 

 

................................................................................IDeviant...............................................

Bows45D*

 

Plese do accept my humble apology, I wasn't able to update last time due to school works piling up one after the other I thought my head's gonna explode. Summer is here but I still have to work and study *cries*laughs .

I hope you understand ^__^  

sincerely apologizing, 

IDeviant