The Other Side of the Story

Seven Days

When he turns to a corner Sungjong leans himself on the side wall of the building.

D*mn** what the hell am I feeling weak all over.  He muttered a curse under his breath.

I thought I would be prepared for whatever he says but damn, it still hurts so bad. Sungjong was walking fast not really minding where he’s going. His teardrops were falling one by one as he tried to wipe them with the back of his hand.

 

“I’m really an idiot” he didn’t say no more as he walked pass through the gates. Why the hell am I even doing falling in love with him.

 

“Sungjong, hey” A hand stopped him by the shoulder.

 

Sunggyu looked panicked seeing the tears in the young boy’s eyes. In reflex he pulled th young boy towards him, “Are, are you alright?! Does it hurt somewhere?! … Sungjong? Hey?”

 

There no was response as exhaustion finally won over the latter’s body and he collapsed.

 

An hour later he woke up in a hospital room. Woohyun was talking to the doctor while Chanyeol and Baekhyun was sitting beside him . Fatigue and lack of sleep was the caused why he fainted but just to be sure a CAT scan was ordered.  

 

“Thanks guys for bringing me here” Sungjong said as he tried to get up into sitting position on the bed.

 

“ We didn’t bring you here dummy! Someone sent us a message saying you’re in the hospital. When we got here you’re already reeled in to this room and someone has already paid your bill” Woohyun said, “ Plus this” he pointed to an enormous bouquet of flowers lying on the bedside table.

 

“ Do you remember who brought you here?”   

 

Sungjong’s closed his eyes trying to remember, “ it was probably him.”

 

“Him?” the three friends chorused in question.

 

“ I tried calling Myungsoo but his phone’s turned off. Do you know where he is?”

 

“ it’s okay hyung, no need to bother him. I’m fine now so I’ll just go home.”

 

“Hold on there kiddo, you need to sleep. Tomorrow’s a weekend so you can relax.” Baekhyun said.

 

“I want to rest at home, besides I feel more comfortable there” that was a lie. The large empty spaces he goes home to makes him feel suffocated. He always thought that it’s alright for him to stay if Myungsoo was there but now, he doesn’t know if he still belongs to that place.

 

“Then we’ll bring you home and I’ll spend the night there” Woohyun said checking his wristwatch. “ I’ll inform the nurse’s station that we’ll be checking out. Wait for me here”

 

“ I just need to rest hyung, no problem. I was planning to go home and just sleep anyways so you don’t have to guard me. You’re busy to with our school project right?” Sungjong pointed the fact that Woohyun was aiming to win on the contest for a scholarship.

 

“ It’s okay, it’s only one night”

 

“Hyung, I don’t want you fainting next after me”

 

“We could do it, we have nothing much to do anyways” Chanyeol answered.

 

“ You have dorm duties with Baekhyun tonight” Woohyun pointed out with a deep sigh, “ fine we’ll drop you at your place and make sure you’re okay then we’ll leave. I’ll send another message to Myungsoo before we go home.”

 

Sungjong smiled in agreement, “ Thanks guys”  

 

When they arrived at the house Sungjong insisted he would be fine and there’s no need for his friends to walk him up to the house. The three bade goodbye after reprimanding him to immediately rest and relax.

The young man checked his phone as he went up the elevator. Still nothing from Myungsoo. Before he fainted the last thing he remembers was trying to fight off the tears from his eyes and warding off the dizziness he felt. Someone had called his name and when he turned around he felt all his energy suddenly flew off his body but before he lost consciousness he faintly heard Sunggyu calling his name.

I should thank him later. Sungjong thought as he walked in to the rooftop flat he saw someone was already there.

 

“ Mr. Kim? What are you doing here?”

 

“Sungjong? I could say the same to you? Shouldn’t you be in the hospital?” Sunggyu said equally surprised,

“uhm, the doctor said I’m fine. I just need to take some rest” Sungjong replied taking out the key for the house.

“ How about your CAT scan? I told the doctor to take care of you, you should be resting back in the hospital” Sunggyu seemed genuinely concerned.

“It’s okay, the doctor said it would be better if I stayed home and rest. Uhmm… thank you for bringing me to the hospital” Sungjong made a small smile, but a sudden expression crossed his face. No! Why am feeling disappointed?! I was glad someone was there could help me! It’s not like I was wishing it would’ve been better if it was Myungsoo! No way!

 

“Hey, I get to carry you so I think we’re even. And please it’s Sunggyu not Mr. Kim” Sunggyu grinned.

 

“ You’re definitely brothers” Sungjong mumbled shaking his head. “ What are you doing here anyways?”

 

“Oh, about that.” Myungsoo’s brother hesitated,

 

“Why don’t you come in first, it’s cold outside.” Sungjong said opening the door to the rooftop flat, “ I have coffee and tea pick one?”

 

“tea please”

 

Inside the house Sungjong puts his bag on the kitchen counter while Sunggyu settled on the couch the younger boy made their beverage.

 

“ I can see you move the chairs closer to the window”

 

“Oh, We moved them because of the night lights but we didn’t get to do them much. Pretty busy” Sungjong answered from the kitchen which was overlooking the main floor and the receiving area of the house, “ Wait, how did yo know that we moved the chairs?”

 

“ Before you jump to conclusions I didn’t trespass this house nor my men did.” Sunggyu smiled when the younger boy walked in with a tray of tea,” This is the second time I’ve been here. The first time was when I bought the house”

 

“You… you owned this house?” Sungjong replied with a questioning look.

 

“ Technically it belongs to the family. When Myungsoo said he’s going to a different university this was bought for him to have a place to stay. But he won’t accept anything from the family so I had to ask a friend of ours to stand in as the owner. I thought it would go to waste when he went to live in the dormitory” Sunggyu explained.

 

“ So the reason you came here is?” Sungjong asked trying to breathe in the news.

 

“ I came to talk to him. I didn’t want anymore people getting drag into our problem. I’ve stayed away long enough as his boyfriend he should be aware of he’s getting you into.”

 

“It’s just a fight, we do that all the time. He didn’t drag me into this” Sungjong felt like he had to defend Myungsoo.

 

“ Yes I know, but with his situation right now he will only end up hurting you more. I don’t have much time, he need his treatment” Sunggyu said.

 

“ He’s… he’s not here right now.” the younger boy admitted, “ four days ago we had a fight, Myungsoo found out about me meeting you and he got angry then he left.”

 

“So where is he now?”

 

“Uhm, he’s staying with uhm.. his friend. It’s alright, he’s comfortable staying there” Sungjong explained.

 

“Friend?” Sunggyu asked, “ There’s not many people he would open up to. The only person he would approach on his own was a friend of mine and he also goes to your school. Are you referring to Lee Sungyeol?”

 

“ Uhm, yeah. I talked to him just this afternoon”

 

“You’re saying he’s staying there now?” Sunggyu asked.

 

  “Yes”

 

“ I see, he always goes there when things get out of hand. Don’t worry he’ll be fine” Sunggyu’s words pierced like knives to Sungjong as if reassuring his incapability to help Myungsoo even though he knew Myungsoo’s brother doesn’t mean anything.

 

“Since he’s not here, I should probably get going. You need some rest” Sungjong stands up to help Sunggyu out the door but he felt a bit dizzy and grabs the edge of the couch while Sunggyu was quick to help and supported him by the waist.

 

“Are you alright? You want me to bring you back to the hospital? I think it’s better if you’re there” Sunggyu offered.

 

Sungjong was about to pull apart when the door opened and Myungsoo was standing by the door. 

 

 

.......................................................................IDeviant.....................................................................................

 

Probem after problem and just when things are at its worse Myungsoo came home to see his brother holding unto Sungjong!! 

 

The new chapter is here! I hope you enjoy...^^