Your truth and Mine 1

Seven Days

Sungjong closed his eyes thinking back what happened, for a moment he really thought Myungsoo will barged in and find out everything.

I can’t continue lying to him like this sooner or later he’s going to find out. The young boy leaned back on the bed post thinking. he glanced at the sleeping body next to him and gently touches Myungsoo by the head.

“So much for being a friend. I feel like I’ve betrayed you more than once already. One for keeping about your brother a secret and the other for the butterflies you give each time we’re together.”

Myungsoo stirred in his sleep but the younger boy said nothing. For the past couple of weeks each night that Sungjong’s roommate had his nightmare, there’s only one name that his lips seemed to call for. And…

It wasn’t him. And all he could do was act as that person’s replacement while trying to hold in the pain.

 

 “You’re quitting?” Dongwoo asked his junior during work.

 

“Yes hyung, school work’s piling up and I have some personal matters to attend to”

 

 Myungsoo’s nightmares continued and just like what Sunggyu had said it gets worse every night. Sungjong finally decided to quit his part time job he can’t keep juggling his studies and Myungsoo’s situation now that there’s another obstacle in his way.

Since his meeting with Myungsoo’s older brother has been kept in secret, Sungjong can’t help but feel restless. He kept getting unnecessary emails and calls and there are times when Myungsoo would ask who was calling and he had to smile and quickly think how to distract him. Sungjong knew if he keeps on working in this situation it’s only a matter of time before he starts to make mistakes and lose focus on everything.

 

Quitting his job is the best option.

 

“ I guess your boyfriend finally urged to you quit huh?  

 

“Myungsoo?” Sungjong said with a questioning look on his face.

 

“He was worried you’re working too much but he didn’t say anything seeing how much you love your work. He wanted you to quit even before things got busy.”

 

“he said that?”

 

“yeah, but between just you and me. He didn’t want you to quit because he could see you smile all day” Dongwoo nudged at his dongsaeng with a wide grin on his face.

 

“Now I don’t believe you” Sungjong swears he never felt that little jump of joy inside his heart.

 

However that little happiness was bound to short-lived. As usual, Myungsoo came after work wearing an expression that Sungjong had never seen in hi s”boyfriend’s” eyes.

 

“did something good happened?” Sungjong asked as they were walking to the station.

 

“You can tell?” there’s no denying in Myungsoo’s voice.

 

“The way you smile like an idiot is scary so yea spill it”

 

“I got a accepted in the studio for my project.”

 

“Oh congratulations, why are you looking so struck then?”

 

“Well I was getting familiar with the place when I ran into him, out of the blue I apologized and he accepted it.” Myungsoo almost looked like a kid in a candy store.

 

“Him?” Sungjong could a knot forming in his chest.

 

“Ah sorry I got carried away. Come to think of it, I never introduced you two at that time. ” the older guy said while thinking back.

 

Oh, Sung… Sungyeol right? He was kinda famous since he’s a model. We’ve met but we didn’t talk much” he even told me he doesn’t care about knowing people you know Sungjong silently said to himself remembering the encounter with Sungyeol from months ago. “You still like him don’t you?”

 

Those words came out like a friend teasing another but Sungjong immediately regrets posing the question.  

Myungsoo paused and smile, “ Yeah, of course I do.”

 

“We…well you should work hard this time don’t screw up anymore. He might give you a chance” Shoot why the hell am I saying things like this. Am I an idiot?!!

 

You think I can still fix things? I’ve been telling him how I feel since I was in high school but nothing happened. Even when I followed him to the same university I ended up messing things up and even dragged you into this mess”

“What can I say, it’s probably because of love. They say people are willing to abandon common sense when it comes to it” Sungjong said looking ahead, he didn’t want to see Myungsoo’s face or he might end up acting like a fool and cry.

“ Yeah, but then again that person is already in love with someone else. Besides he had seen me at my very worst, how can he possibly accept someone who’s done so much wrong?”

 

“ I don’t know, hearts change, maybe. If you prove your feelings are true he might begin to see you in a new light. We all have flaws, everyday people lie to each other and lie to themselves. If the person you love hasn’t seen your flaws, aren’t you also lying to that person? There’s nothing perfect in this world, no matter what your flaw is someone is always bound to love you”

 

“Thanks, I thought destiny and I are enemies but having you as a friend makes me think that destiny still cares about me.” Myungsoo smiled, “ I did something to the person he love that’s unforgivable, anyone who knew about it would’ve abandoned me already. I’m just happy Sungyeol still wants to talk to me.”

 

“What did you do this time huh?” Sungjong joked lightly punching his “boyfriend” on the shoulder.

 

Myungsoo stood still in the middle of the street while the latter walks on.

 

“ If you knew, will you still stay? Can you… still stay?”

 

Sungjong stopped and turned around, “ try me”

 

There was a smile in the young man’s eyes as he looked at his roommate/ friend/ boyfriend, “ You know what sometimes when I wake up in all the nightmares and you’re sleeping next to me I thought you’re an angel.”

 

“Wha… what the hell ya’ were thinkin.I… I ain’t your guardian angel! ’” there’s no way Sungjong couldn’t feel that little happy tug in his heart. Even though he denies it himself his face, ears and neck are deep in red, “ If I were one I’ll tie you down and throw you into the bottom of the ocean!”

 

However it seems that it was the other party that was more surprised than Sungjong. It’s been awhile since he saw Sungjong blush and his teasing side suddenly went on. He made a wide grin as he slung his arms around his friend’s shoulders and came closer to a deep husky whisper, “ Well I don’t mind getting tied up for the last part…”

 

“Kim Myungsoo, if you finish that sentence I’ll make sure you’ll definitely end up sleeping with the fishes” Sungjong was smiling but his eyes says otherwise.

So begins what probably the longest teasing game Myungsoo had done since the two of them met that even when they got home the younger boy’s ears were red, cheeks and neck all flushed.

They had dinner, talk about trivial things and laughed at the crazy things that happened. It’s as if things were back to the time when they were roommates.

That night, before Sungjong finally closes his eyes he remembered that he forgot to tell about him quitting his work.

 

 

..............................................IDeviant..................................................................... 

 

Hi guys! tomorrow I'll update another chapter and starting after that I will be updating ever friday just so you can read it in your free time besides weekends are for reading... right? ^__^

The 14th is here, I wonder how you celebrate Val's Day? curious , 

For now please enjoy this chapter