The Calm Before the Storm

Seven Days

Sungjong’s POV

                Since the day Myungsoo and I had dinner at the rooftop things got even busier. I guess he did too, but every time I see him sound asleep on his bed buried under the pillows and surrounded by books and magazines I feel relieved. We rarely had the time to talk because of the school fair but during the time where we have the same class we would sit next to each other and talk on trivial things. I was glad to see my friend’s complexion getting better, being busy does tend to make you forget the bad things.

                The incident last time, I’ve buried it deep in my brain. No use fretting about it…

Friday, our five day school fair ended without a glitch, some of my classmates and friends planned to celebrate and we went out to have dinner. I don’t like getting drunk, so when they started to bring out the drinks I silently sneaked out.
                “Sungjong, what are you doing here? I thought you went out to celebrate? ” I turned around to see my roommate walking towards me.

“Ah yeah, I don’t really like getting drunk so I snuck out.” I replied. Today as well he looked stylish as ever, if I was the one wearing his clothes it would look totally different, no wonder girls came like flocking geese whenever he’s around. To think that a guy like him is in love with another guy, somehow that would definitely break a lot of hearts.

However this guy is suffering so much because of love is even unbelievable. He even probably followed that guy here just to confess, sometimes he look like an idiot but his courage is admirable. Not everyone can say what they feel nor have the courage to pursue it the second time around. I mean, if you look at him he’s a total package even if he liked another guy that’s still a win right?

 I mean, if I were to look at it I would probably…. Hey what the heck Lee Sungjong! What on earth are you babbling about! That’s dangerous water you’re treading on! Why did I even think of it…? What the! That was only a onetime thing! He was too drunk to even remember and I was just surprised and my heart just reacted to it!

No wait, why am I even having this chain of thoughts! Arghh! Go away thoughts! Go away!

End of POV

                “Jong…”

                “Sungjong. Hey… Sungjong you alright?” Myungsoo tapped his roommate seeing him none responsive to his calls.

                “Huh? Ah yes, what is it?” Sungjong replied.

“I said, “Wanna walk home together?”  

 “Ye…ah, sure I plan to anyway”

                “By the way I ate the last pudding this morning. Let’s buy some snacks on the way home” Myungsoo eyes made a through glanced at his roommate.

“Ah, shoot thanks I forgot. I run out of shampoo, I need to buy some soap too. Guess we better stop by the grocer.” Sungjong returned to normal cranking up the cost on his head. “Tsk. I have to budget this month”

“Ah don’t worry about our shampoo. It’s my time to buy ’em but I forgot the brand of soap we have though” Myungsoo said innocently. “Let’s buy the bigger one”

The younger roommate paused. He had always been frugal when it comes money but lately he noticed that he had been buying his necessities more often than he used too. “Wait, our shampoo?”

“Didn’t I tell you? I threw the ones I used before since I like the ones you’re using so I decided to use them too…” Myungsoo was smiling but the dark looming aura beside him is overpowering. “Oops, did I forgot to tell you?”

“Dam* well you did! ”

                (For a short moment, you can see our poor Myungsoo’s spirit frantically fled off his body! LOL)

“Jeez, I can’t believe you.” Sungjong was more embarrassed than angry as he stormed off ahead, Myungsoo followed with a comical bump on his head. “Don’t just throw your things away! Appreciate the things you have!”

“My bad, my bad. I’m really sorry” Myungsoo was still apologizing when they enter the family grocer.

“Just because you say sorry doesn’t mean you’re forgiven. You always act like a kid” Sungjong was unforgiving.

“I’ll treat you to some cake, please” Myungsoo was smiling a playful look on his eyes as the other could barely contain his laugh.

                Sungjong ruffled Myungsoo’s head like a kid and smirked, “Add some lemon tarts and we’re even”

“No problem boss” the other said jokingly.

Inside, Sungjong immediately took a cart and started to go the list on his what on what to buy. By the time he turned around he found Myungsoo standing on the fresh produce section with an amazed look in his eyes. Sungjong wanted to call out his roommate but instead he took his phone and took a picture.

“Whoa, I didn’t know places like this sells vegetables and fruits. Look they even have kimchi, and they come in these jars” Myungsoo looked like a kid in a candy store.

“Hey, is this your first time going to a place like this?” Sungjong pried

“Ah, I’ve been to convenience stores. I thought now that I’m in college, I should try and go for myself”

Sungjong was too stumped to say anything He knew in a way that his roommate is rich but now his imagination have gone way beyond the normal range.

“Seriously, just how rich are you? Don’t tell me you have butlers and maid in your big old Victorian house!” Sungjong said as they started to roam the biscuits isle.

“I’m not a billionaire of the sort. I just don’t go out much and prefers delivery most of the time.”

“Oh, Phew. That scared me for a moment.” Sungjong said in relief, he was still unaware that Myungsoo was putting way too many things on their cart.

“Why would you be scared if I’m a billionaire?” Myungsoo silently slips in a bag of chocolate chip cookies and two boxes of chocolate.

“Doesn’t billionaires have bodyguards because they’re in constant threat? I’d rather have normal poor friend I can hang out with than constantly worry when you are going to be shot. I read in a newspaper that sometimes they even get assassinated in broad daylight!”

“haha-haha, you’re really something you know that” Myungsoo adds another carton of milk but this times it didn’t go unnoticed.

“Hey you! What do you think you’re doing? Put them back” Sungjong put his hands on his waist increasing his authority.

“But they’re good” Myungsoo had pleading eyes but the other will have none of that.

“Kim Myungsoo, kindly put them back in an instant or else…”

Without another word, the older boy began to put back the items back to the shelves. He had that abandoned look as he put back the kimchi in its rightful place. Sungjong couldn’t help but giggled, Myungsoo really acts like a kid. As they began to leave the isle, he grabs something and put it under some of the items they’re going to buy.

“Why don’t you wait for me outside? I’ll pay for now we can split the bill later” Sungjong suggested as Myungsoo was standing on a shelves of sweets. He doesn’t want the latter to be buying anything on a whim and besides the girls near them have been eyeing his roommate for quite some time now.

“Sure” Myungsoo smiled and went out.

A few moments later,

Why do I feel like taking my kid into the grocer for the first time? Sungjong thought as he carried the grocers. He bought rice, a bottle of green tea and a bottle of soda, onigiri of course, pudding and toilet paper among other necessities. There’s also something little extra just to commemorate Myungsoo’s first visit in the super. The cake and tarts will be bought on the pastry shop on their way back to the dorm.

“Hey, you good?” Sungjong asked worried. He saw his roommate standing by the side of the road with a sullen expression as an expensive looking car drove away.

Myungsoo seemed to have been brought back to reality seeing Sungjong, he made a quick nod, “Yeah, never been better”

The younger boy bit his lip as if hesitating yet seeing the latter’s inconsolable visage, decided not to investigate any further.

“I’m fine, don’t worry about it” Myungsoo said masking his words with a smile, “Come on, the pastry shop will be close if we don’t hurry”

“If you say so” the younger friend said as they hurriedly walked away. “Hey, Myungsoo”

The older boy turn to look at his roommate, “It’s okay you…” Myungsoo paused seeing Sungjong holding out a piece of small paper in front of him to which he instinctively took.

“Receipt, I ain’t no saint” Sungjong was smiling like an angel while holding his palm up. “Pay up”

Half past midnight.  Sungjong was awake in a pretence of being asleep, facing the wall as his roommate got dressed and slips out again. He remained still, firmly shutting his eyes trying to ignore everything but in the end he still turned around after hearing the window shut close.

He glance at the fridge before deciding to bury himself under the blanket.

“At least use the door” he mumbled, forcing himself to sleep.

 

...................................................*0* IDeviant...................................................................................................

Ayoh! Everbody! I'm gonna update two chapters today! Please Enjoy