When the Sun Came out

Seven Days

 

Any second now and Myungsoo will knock down the door even if Sungjong would get angry. He’s been too anxious he feels like it’s driving him insane. His paces to and fro in front of the hospital door and the police officers were quietly eyeing him.

Arrgh! That’s it! I’m not waiting anymore! Myungsoo exploded inside his head when he heard laughter coming from inside the room. He walks towards the door when the doctor appeared. Second later Sungjong opened the door to Myungsoo and the doctor standing just outside the door.

                “Why are you all standing here?” Sungjong looked his “boyfriend”.

“Exhaustion and fatigue caused the patient to lost consciousness. Get some good rest and warm meals will do the trick” The doctor explained as Sungjong starts to put on his coat. After the police officers and their dean came and had a talk it was agreed that no charges will be filed. The dean was more than happy to let the issue let go as he doesn’t want any more problems that’s going to affect the school reputation.

                It was already morning when Myungsoo and Sungjong left the hospital. Sungjae went home at the same time with Woohyun, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol who decided to talk to their dongsaeng. Before everyone left they were talking about still continuing giving the young boy a farewell party but it was apparent that Myungsoo is still wary of everything’s that happened.

                The sun was starting to rise from the horizon and the sky was giving way to the light up the sky but the some stars are still shining through in a transparent white glow when they arrived at their flat.

                “I’ll go make coffee” Myungsoo gently said.

                “I’ll go upstairs and take a shower” Sungjong smiled. Ever since they left the hospital they barely talked, it’s just that they either have nothing to talk about or their bodies and souls have been to weary to make the effort.

                “Be careful” the older boy looked hesitant but nonetheless consented. Ever since from the hospital the only time that Myungsoo left Sungjong’s side was when they got kicked out by the latter out of the room so that Sungjong could talk with Sungjae.  

                When Sungjong was out of sight Myungsoo felt like his knees gave up on him. He sat on the floor leaning by the wall holding his hand down. He felt uneasy, a familiar dark feeling he had been trying to forget since then and thought he almost forgot suddenly showed up out of nowhere. You’re fine Myungsoo, you’re gonna be fine. You won’t come home this year, not this year. You’re gonna be fine. Everything will be fine.

                Upstairs, the moment the bathroom door closes in on him Sungjong slides down unto the floor. His hands were trembling and his tears just decided to fall on their own. He felt weak and tired even breathing is a difficult task to do. Everything around him was a blur and he felt dizzy as curled up hugging himself.

Nearing half an hour had passed but Sungjong was still upstairs, Myungsoo decided to check if things were alright. When he got to their room he can hear the sound of water from the shower. He knocked on the bathroom door and calmly called out the younger boy’s name.

                No one answered.

                “Sungjong-ah? Are you done yet?” Myungsoo knocked a little louder this time,

                Yet no one answered. He tried to open the bathroom door but it was locked.

                “Lee Sungjong! Answer me or I’m going in!” the older boy looked lost when his loud knocks went unanswered, three seconds later the bathroom door broke.

                “Sungjong! Are you alright? Dam* it wake up!” Myungsoo was shouting at the top of his lungs when he saw the younger boy lying still in the bathtub. “Dam* it! Wake up! I’m sorry, wake up!”

                Something feels like being slowly crushed to death made the younger boy opened his puffy eyes and realized Myungsoo was tightly holding unto him, on the verge of tears.

                “Dam* it! Sungjong don’t do this!” Myungsoo was like a kid desperately clinging into something he didn’t want to let go. “It’s my fault, please”

                “Myung… Myungsoo I just fell asleep” Sungjong softly said when suddenly he realized that the older was blushing up to his neck and ears, he was crying.

                “You… you! You’re not allowed to lock any doors ever again! You hear me! Hurry up and finish. You have to make it up for me for not making me sleep!” Myungsoo was clearly embarrassed as he walked out of the bathroom. He even heard a loud thud and Sungjong giggled when he realized that Myungsoo probably stubbed a toe.

                That… shoot that was so freaking embarrassing. Dam* it he probably thought I’m such a sore loser. Augh, why do I always end up acting like a total moron when I’m in front of him, seriously I never had a friend like him. Myungsoo was sitting by the bedside thinking when Sungjong walked out of the room.

                The younger boy was wearing an oversized shirt that cover him up just above his knees making it look like he’s not wearing any boxers and his shoulders are showing. And Myungsoo’s gaze got stuck looking at the long slender legs before him.

                “ Hey did someone ever told you, you can be a model?” Myungsoo said not taking his eyes off the two pair of porcelain legs before him but Sungjong seemed not to notice and went to look for his pyjamas.

                “My sister Ailee was a jewellery designer she tried to model me once but I got pulled out for reasons I don’t know. She said something about keeping people like me hidden so there’s no way I can be a model. My sister got good eyes, when they say it’s not good then it probably is.” Sungjong was getting frustrated not finding his pyjamas.

                “That’s not the reason why they probably did not introduce to you that field” Myungsoo mumbled. It’s not a joke how the sisters are overly protective of their little brother.

                “ Hey, did you see my black cotton pants? The ones I used for sleeping”

                “Why don’t you sleep like that? It’s more comfortable”

                “Okay, but where is it?”

                “Just come here already, we’ll find it later. I’m so sleepy, I haven’t slept a wink ever since you disappeared last night” Myungsoo was yawning. Sungjong walk towards him

                “ You’re really a kid are you? Last time I check we’re still fighting right?”

                “Aw come on, don’t do this to me” Myungsoo was whining but his lips was playing a mellow almost a wilful smile. He wrapped his hands on Sungjong’s waist and buried his face on the boy’s stomach. “ I lost someone important once, and now that I found a friend. I will make sure I won’t ever lose you”

                Sungjong only smiled as he looks at the window, the sun had risen. Sungjong took a deep breath, “I’m fine now, don’t worry. Let’s sleep now, I’m tired too.”

                “Hey, when I told you to rely more on me I was serious. I grew up with people only trying to be nice to me because they have to. I have friends but thinking that they too will leave sooner or later so I never get attached to any of them.” Myungsoo said as they were lying on the bed facing each other, his eyes felt heavy and both his body and mind are exhausted yet finally he can calm down, “but you’re an exception”

                “is that a compliment?” Sungjong answered.

                “Sungjong-ah, we’re friends right?” Myungsoo asked snuggling closer to his partner.

                “Ye… yeah why?”

                “Please, rely more on me. If you want to cry, if you’re afraid, and if you’re in trouble call me. I’m not much of a friend but” the older boy slowly puts his hands around the younger boy and pulls Sungjong closer to his chest before whispering, “Please; let me be your hero”

                Myungsoo was falling deep in his sleep when he felt something warm moistening his shirt. Sungjong was holding unto him, shoulders slightly shivering and silently crying. He didn’t say anything but he made sure to pull the younger boy towards him that for a moment Myungsoo couldn’t tell their heartbeats apart.

                The next day, it was almost sundown when the two woke up. Sungjong was sitting on a chair resting both his feet up while looking out the window when Myungsoo opened his eyes.

                “Hey, good morning” Sungjong softly greets his roommate.

                “It’s already six in the evening and we missed all our classes you know” Myungsoo smiled as he got up and walked up to the younger, “But yeah, it’s still a good morning”

                “Last night, thanks a lot” Sungjong turns to look at his “boyfriend”, “and I’m sorry”

                “ Ey, everything’s fine okay? I’m also sorry for raising my voice but I’m glad you’re here now”

                “Yeah, me too” Sungjong gazes on the horizon as the daylight slowly gives in to the night.

                “How about we get some breakfast? Let’s order out” Myungsoo offers.

                “I want to take a shower first, you go down ahead” Sungjong said still sitting.

                “Ah, Maybe I should take on too I kind of want to have one right now”

                “You’re just worried aren’t you?” Sungjong raised an eyebrow.

                “Who? Me? Haha... “the older boy scoffed but his reaction is giving him away, “ actually yeah, if you want I could just stand outside the shower ‘till you’re done”

                “Are you serious? *LOL I’m not a five year old kid! I just want to take a bath okay? Don’t worry nothing will happen”

                Myungsoo takes in a deep breath before giving his reply, “Fine, but keep your phone close to you at all times and don’t lock the bathroom door okay?”

                “Yes mom” Sungjong as grinning.

                “ Hey, I’m serious. I’ll be downstairs if you need anything”

                “Yea-yea I get it already. I want pizza and fried chicken”

                “Okay, got it”

                Sungjong was pushing his friend out of the room, he almost laughed when he caught Myungsoo slowly poking his head to check if the other was alright.

                “Myungsoo” the owner of the name paused to look back at the younger boy who called his name.

                “What is it?”

 “I’m sorry, really.” the younger boy was standing in the middle of the room with a mysterious smile playing on his lips

                “Just don’t disappear like that ever again, okay?” The older boy smiled and finally closed the door.

                "Still" Sungjong was standing in the middle of the room with an enigmatic small smile painted on his face. "I'm sorry"

 

........................................................IDeviANT....................................................................

What was the "I'm sorry" all about? 

things will change from here on out and the true challenge will be soon revealed!