What's like to have Friends

Seven Days

The shack is on fire and Sungjae is still probably inside. Gripped with fear Sungjong turns around running. There was fire everywhere and since the whole place is old and mostly made up of wood the flames are quick to spread.

His assumption was confirmed when he saw Sungjae standing at a two-arm length from the door like a lifeless figure inside the shack but when he saw Sungjong he made a faint soft smile.

“Hyung, I’m sorry. I betrayed you, hurt you, and did all those horrible things to you. This is the only way I could say sorry, please forgive me”

                “You! You get out from there now! This is not the way to do this! Come out and I’ll beat you myself da** it Sungjae!” Sungjong was crying. “I’ll forgive you so get the hell out of there!”

                “If I do hyung, I could never face you again. I’ve terrorized your life and betrayed your trust, I don’t even deserve to be considered as your brother.”

                “What the hell non-sense are you blabbering about?” Sungjong said as he took a deep breath and went inside the flaming shack and grab Sungjae by the hand, “ We’re friends and I’m your big brother. There’s no way I’m gonna leave you here.”

                “Hyung it’s dangerous!”

                “You think?! Let’s go before this place burns down” the side of the roof fell near the door almost covering it up.

                The two kicked their way out of the burning structure and just in time as the whole place collapsed on its self, seconds after they got out. Laying on the bare ground the two took the time to catch their breaths.

                “Are you okay?” Sungjong finally asked Sungjae. The younger boy responded covering his face,

                “Why? You’re supposed to hate me after all I did all those things… how can you still smile at me hyung?”

                “When I found out it was you, deep down I was relieved. If it were someone else things might end up much worse than this. Though that was pretty stupid what you did back there I was still glad you’re safe” Sungjong chuckled.

                “I’m so sorry hyung, so sorry” Sungjae once again was crying.

                “I’m glad we’re still alive. Let’s go home now, I’m really tired now” Sungjong slowly closes his eyes it’s weird he feel so light as though something has been lifted off his shoulders. The flames were warm against the cold night breeze and seemed to have played a distinct contrast on the star studded dark sky. The last thing he heard was the sound of cars and voices calling out his name before he completely lost his consciousness.

                “Hey, wake up you slowpoke.” a calm almost soothing voice called Sungjong out from deep within his slumber. He slowly opens his eyes and realized he was in a hospital room. The older boy was sitting beside him looking worried.

                “How- how did I get here?” Sungjong asked the moment he regained his thoughts of what happened.

                “I got your message telling where you are and we immediately drove out there”

                 “Message? But I didn’t… Where’s Sungjae?”

                Myungsoo’s expression changed, “Why are you still looking for him?”

                “Myungsoo please”

                “He was tended due to minor wounds in the other and the police are waiting for him to give his statement.”

When Myungsoo mentioned the police Sungjong bolted up from his bed and dashed out of the room. When he found Sungjae sitting on a hospital bed talking to a female uniform officer with two other officers on standby, the young boy looked relieved and worried when he walked in

                “Hyung! You’re awake already? How are you feeling?” Sungjae stood up to greet his hyung but Myungsoo suddenly appeared and pulled Sungjong away from him.

                “Don’t touch him” Myungsoo’s tone was masking an eminent threat. “I believed you’ve done enough”

                Sungjae slowly backs down, “I’m sorry”

                “Are you Lee Sungjong? Officer Han Ga In, I was asked by your school dean to check on the matter”  the lady officer offered a handshake.

                “Wait, you’re the girl I kept bumping into!” Sungjong exclaimed seeing the same person he once thought was behind this.

                “Ah, it has come to my attention that I got suspected of being the culprit. I’m sorry I have to disguise myself as a student, they usually won’t cooperate seeing an officer in uniform so I had to go undercover. I was tailing you to see if I could see anyone that might be a potential suspect. ”

                Sungjong glanced at Sungjae who was quietly sitting on the couch.

                “We found that he moved in next to your room right after the accident but sleeps in your room. We haven’t found anything that would link him to stalking after searching his room but we’re sure you can file against kidnapping” The officer explained.

                “I’m not filing any case” Sungjong said calmly smiling while Myungsoo stared at him with an expression asking “why and what the hell is going on”.

                “Wait hyung! But I…” Sungjae was looking lost at his hyung.

                “As far as I know, I’m the one who called asking if he was free and he only came because I asked him too.”

                “Are you out of your mind? Your bruises! You didn’t answer my phone calls and he tried to burn that whole place down!” Sungjong could see Myungsoo’s anger showing in the older boy’s clenched jaws but he remained calm.

                “Isn’t it normal for couples who fight to ignore their partner’s calls and email, is it? And it’s only natural to have bruises when you’re trying to escape a burning shack when the bonfire we made went crazy and burned down the place right?” Sungjong was reigning in the situation.

                “So you won’t complain about me?” Sungjae was cautious to ask. “Aren’t you mad?”

                “Mad, doesn’t begin to cover it…” Sungjong took a deep breath before his voice echoed in the entire room and landed a punch on Sungjae’s stomach,

“That’s for actin* like a Moron! What will yah do if you get caught in that fire! Didn’t I always tell yah to listen* to ya’r older brothers! If you have something you want to say then tell me! Don’t yah go all cuckoo and do stupid stuff!”

                The police officers looked surprised to see an outburst coming from such a delicate looking person that all of them just stood there with a “Whoa!” expression pasted on their faces.

                “ But Sungjong-” Myungsoo began to protest but when his “boyfriend” turns around looking like smoke was coming out from Sungjong’s nostrils he slowly backs down, “ okay, okay you win”

                Just as a fire breathing dragon appeared (in the form of Sungjong) a sudden angelic smile replaced on the Myungsoo’s partner, “Thank you, now could you please give us a minute I want to talk to Sungjae in private”

                “No!” Myungsoo’s answer was quick and loud, “ you have got to be kidding me, I won’t leave you here”

                *two minutes later Myungsoo was waiting along with the police officers outside of the hospital room.

                “Wow, had to say that was some partner you got there” Han Ga In, the officers commented.

                “Tell me about it” the young man could only shake his head while waiting.

                “Why are you all out here?” Woohyun asked when he and the rest arrived from the station after they reported the fire incident.

                “We got kicked out” Myungsoo mumbled.

                “He’s awake?” Woohyun smiled. “We should also go in, I believe this is a matter between friends”

                “I should probably go back inside too” Sungjong’s “boyfriend” suggested.

                “Hyung said friends, not boy-friend” Chanyeol grins but he gave Myungsoo a thumbs up and went in.

                Baekhyun paused for a moment as if trying to say something but he kept his hands to his pockets and followed inside.

                “so you two are finally awake huh?” Woohyun smiled as he saw Sungjong talking with their youngest friend. Upon seeing their friends arriving, Sungjong looked up and greeted them with a smile while Sungjae looked away in shame.

                “So you two talked already?” Chanyeol asked.

                “I believe he was something to say to us” Sungjong smiled and tapped Sungjae by the shoulder who by now is already crying.

                “I… I’m so sorry. I really am, please forgive me”

                “*sigh truth be told I was ready to send you to jail with a heavy heart but then if your Sungjong-hyung already forgave you then who am I not to do it too” Woohyun rubbed the back of his temples, “ I feel bad being your hyung and not being able to help when you needed us”

                “You know, I always leave our dorm room so you can always come in anytime” Baekhyun said, “  and.. I joined the theatre club because you asked me too”

                “Heey! I thought I’m the reason why you want to act!” Chanyeol whined and received another bashing from his roommate.

                “There’s a difference you idiot! Stop ruining the mood!”

                It seemed that it was Baekhyun’s usual bashing of his roommate was enough to lighten up the mood and everyone laughed.

                “I’m leaving by the end of the week. I decided to take up my mom’s offer to study there. I… I was really thankful I get to meet friends like you, even though I did something unforgivable I hope someday when we meet again you could still say hi to me” Sungjae said while trying to keep himself from crying.

                “Are you an idiot? Learn to use social media!” Woohyun retorted, “ and who said just because you’re moving we will no longer be friends? You come back here and decided not to inform us I’m gonna wipe you in the face of earth!”

                “Woohyun-hyung that’s a crime”

                “Crime or not, don’t you treat our friendship as a temporary thing you kid. Sungjae, look at us we are your hyungs. No matter what happens we will always be the people you can go back home to. Right boys?”

                “That’s about true. But I expect souvenirs every time you visit here” Sungjong smiled. 

              “I think Canada is famous for their moose”

                “Ah, then I want the moose souvenirs!” Chanyeol said in between getting choked by Baekhyun.

                “Can I really go back to you guys? Even if I did all those horrible stuff to Sungjong-hyung” Sungjae asked in a small doubting voice.

                “ Look here kiddo, promised you won’t do something like that ever again. What happened tonight let’s just consider it “cased closed” okay?” Sungjong said.

    

.........................../ Deviant.............................