Right?

Seven Days

Kim Myungsoo! I said it was an accident!” Sungjong raised his voice enough to get his “boyfriend’s” attention. “Manager I’m sorry but can you give me a minute”

“Ah, yeah sure” Dongwoo said seeing fire in his co-worker’s eyes.

Sungjong dragged Myungsoo outside the store, once outside he let go of the older boy and turn to face him.

“Look, I’m fine okay? I’m a guy too. If you can you go wherever you want, go have fun till morning, don’t send me any messages or you can wait here outside till my shift ends. Either way I don’t care I have to go back”

Myungsoo was left standing outside the cold afternoon wondering what is going on.

“You sure you don’t want him inside? He can wait in the locker room. He’s been sitting on the side street like a lost kid you know” Dongwoo asked his junior at work seeing Myungsoo waiting outside looking at the cars passing by.

“Let him be Hyung, it’s not he’s gonna die waiting outside.” Sungjong was still crossed from earlier.

“Okay, by the way I just remember that the weather says it’s going to be a cold evening. It’s common to get a cold while staying out just so you know” Dongwoo calmly said as he left.

I wonder if it’s gonna rain and why am I waiting here?  Myungsoo thought during the nth time that he was asking himself why he is standing outside in the cold waiting for his friend to come.

Breathing in the cold late autumn air the older boy’s mind had been preoccupied by too many things at a time.

“It’s coming now isn’t it” Myungsoo’s gaze followed the cars passing by, “ I wish winter never comes” he mumbled to himself biting his lips as if wishing on the day stars above.

“What are you doing talking to yourself?” A voice came from behind and Myungsoo could feel something warm on his cheeks.

“Coffee, my shift ends in fifteen” without another word Sungjong handed him the canned coffee and went back inside the store.

“it’s warm…” he smiled going back to watching the cars pass by. “I should buy some of these when we go home”

Finally Myungsoo got up from glanced at his phone to check the time before deciding to go inside the store once again.   

As he did so, he failed to notice a suede car slowly passing by, a slowly went down and a person inside watched as the boy disappeared into the double sliding doors before the car drove off.

“Is everything okay?” Myungsoo asked the younger boy as soon as they got home. During the train ride Sungjong almost said nothing, the latter made his injury a forbidden topic but there’s something else.

Something that has been trying to tell Myungsoo that he had done something he shouldn’t have because Sungjong has been eerily quiet that it’s almost scary.  

“I’m good, I’ll take the bath first” Sungjong said in a mono tone putting his things on the table.

                “Uhm hey.., how about dinner?”

“I’m not that hungry. You can eat my share just heat it up on the microwave” 

Before he could say anything Sungjong headed upstairs Myungsoo followed suit but the former was already in the bathroom by the time he got to their room.

I definitely did something… did I? Yesterday after he disappeared did something happen? I’ve been having this notion that he’s hiding something from me. Should I ask?  Myungsoo was thinking when Sungjong’s phone lit up.

He saw a familiar name flashing on the screen and finds himself staring on the fragmental words displayed on the notification bar. Myungsoo was tempted to pick up the phone and checked the message but didn’t. A minute goes by and Myungsoo was like being put into a difficult test of not trying to evade someone else’s phone.  

Just a glance won’t hurt right? He thought as he went near the phone. A familiar name flashed on the screen along with fragments of the message on the notification bar.

So, he gets notified when someone sends him a message huh? So why didn’t I get any replies when I tried to call and emailed him yesterday?... he even cut me off when I tried to call him. Maybe I should just check the phone to see if he read my messages. Myungsoo having these thoughts finally decided to give in and picked up Sungjong’s phone. Good thing the phone isn’t encrypted and it’s easy for him to locate the mailbox and the call log.

Wait, did he delete all my messages?  That’s strange, even the call log was deleted. Before he told me that I didn’t send him anything…

 The older boy was deep in his thoughts holding out the phone when the owner came out with new clothes on.

“What are you doing with my phone?” Sungjong began to panicked and snatch his gadget from his “boyfriend’s hands”. “ Don’t touch anything that isn’t yours!”

“ hey calm down, I was just checking if you receive any of my messages. Back at the store you mentioned about it right?”

“What messages?! You didn’t send anything! I went to sleep in an empty stomach because you said we’re having dinner but that doesn’t matter, stop snooping around on someone else’s things!” Sungjong was getting angry now.

“I did! I even tried to call you several times but you cut me off!” Myungsoo explained. “ I sent you a message saying I have an emergency, I was with hyung and I was working...”

“ Wait, you sure you called me?” Myungsoo could see the colour draining out of Sungjong’s cheeks.

“Sungjong-ah, where were you yesterday?” the older boy made a subtle approach in his inquiry.

“Uhm,  nowhere.  I’m sleepy I should head in first” Sungjong said faking a yawn

“It’s only seven in the evening.” Myungsoo’s voice was stoic. “Tell me, did something happen yesterday?”

The older boy caught Sungjong staring at the coat that was hanging at the corner of the room.

“Who was with you?’

“No one, I was just sleeping… nothing it’s alright” Sungjong tried to smile but it’s not working.

“Da** it Sungjong! What are you hiding from me!? You know there’s a psycho out there to get you!? What if that bastard decides to hurt you next? Don’t tell… Myungsoo paused seeing expression on Sungjong’s face.

“Wait, did something already happened? Lee Sungjong tell me g** da** it!”  

“Don’t raise your voice on me! I’m fine! Stop worrying! ”

“How can I not?! What if something happens to you! How will I be able to sleep?”

“Is that what you’re worried about?! Don’t worry when if ever the stalker finally decides to truly hurt me I’ll make sure you’ll get more pillows enough to suffocate you!” Sungjong walked out of the room slamming the door with Myungsoo following closely behind.

“Dam* it! You know that’s not what I mean! Lee Sungjong!”

“Sungjong, let’s talk about this” Myungsoo kept asking for Sungjong to turn around back to the house and settle things but the younger boy isn’t listening and kept on walking on the side of the street.

Some people they passed by threw glances at them and that even made things worse.

“Leave me alone! I don’t want to face you right now” Sungjong said as he takes a quick left turn into a lively street and disappeared into the crowd. Once he thought he lost Myungsoo he took out his phone and called Sungjae thinking that if he called Woohyun or the others they might pummel him with questions.

“Hyung? Good timing I was just…”

“Sungjae where are you right now? I’m at the Sixth avenue Park right now, you Free? I’m sleeping in your place tonight. I’ll treat you to whatever you like as a return”

                “Euh? Now? At my place?”

                “Yes now. I’ll head to your place right now?”

                “No, I’ll pick you up. Just wait for me right there”

                “I’ll wait by the park then”

                After the call ended Sungjong was alone again, the night was getting colder and the streets are slowly subsiding due to the dark clouds looming in the sky. He ignores the calls and messages Myungsoo sent him and finally after the 13th phone call he decided to turn off his phone for good.

                What the heck he thinks I am? A Pillow? He should bury himself in it for all I care!

*poof good lemon

                He’s just worried about you, what’s wrong in that? You two should talk this out.

*poof bad lemon

                Yeah? He’s worried? He stood up him up in their dinner just because that dimwit is head over heels for a guy who’s in love with someone else!! And worst he was demoted from a friend to a pillow!

So what if he didn’t told Myungsoo about those letters? Or the thorny rose? So what if he kept all those stuff from him? That Myungsoo guy can’t understand that this nitwit here is just trying not to add more burden to that guy.

Besides, he walked out like a girl back there and you expect him to go back?

*good Lemon

                Well he did walk out like a girl who got mad at his boyfriend…

Will you two stop?! Augh, seriously I can believe my own inner voices called me a girl and a nitwit. Sungjong cursed himself over and over again.

Maybe I was too harsh on him, I mean it might true that he’s just worried. Arrgh! Crud, I totally looked like a moron walking out like that. Why the hell did I feel so upset when he told me where he was?

                You know, that’s a fairly easy question to answer…

Sungjong sighed as the voices inside him slowly fades away.

 I hated it when he said “hyung”

 

 

..................................................................................iDeviant........................................................................

Hello everyone I'm here to introduce our new two characters for this chapter

*good lemon and bad lemon! 

They are the two responsible *cooughs i mean the voices in Sungjong's head that guides our protagonist from time to time LOL I was just gonna say inner voice XD 

I know we all have them guys!