The Signs Show Up

Seven Days

Myungsoo painfully blinks open his eyes to the morning sun streaming through the thin curtains of their room. A warm towel on his forehead and just ahead is a bowl of water, a half-filled glass of drinking water and some fever pills while beside him is another body sound asleep holding unto a towel. Some faint dark circles shows that Sungjong have been through a lot. He did not even react when his “boyfriend” runs his ring finger through his nose bridge slightly stopping on that small pigment that always gets the older boy staring.

“Morning” the latter said and went out of the bed. Before entering the bath he draped the blanket over Sungjong and takes away the towel from his young “boyfriend” to put it away.

“Dang, you look so cute and harmless when you’re asleep but you pack a punch. Thanks, you saved me again” He took a moment to stare at his roommate’s sleeping face with a smile of gratitude then headed to the bath. Halfway through Myungsoo stops in his tracks, locates his phone and spend a fair amount of time snapping pictures of Sungjong while laughing to himself quietly.

There’s a faint sound of running shower when Sungjong woke up, his side of the bed was barely touched since Myungsoo had squeezed him to his side of the bed for the whole night. His neck felt a bit stiff and his eyes a little sore from lack of sleep.

He got up and was in the middle of stretching his tired body basking into the morning sun when the bathroom door flew open and Myungsoo walked into the room. The former turns around and the younger boy’s eyes widen in horror. Without another second Sungjong left the door almost slamming the door to destruction.

What the hell is he thinking! Who walks into a room in broad daylight when there’s a person right there! And why the hell did I walked out!? We’re both guys!  Sungjong was screaming his head off in silence behind the closed door. On the other side Myungsoo looked confused for a moment before laughing.

He’s laughing at me! Augh x_x I must’ve looked really stupid doing that. Should I poison him? So my problems would all go away? Arrgghh! So embarrassing! Why did I walk out?! Why do I even have this tiny body!!! He thought how his eyes caught Myungsoo’s abdominal muscles. Six pack! Who has that!?

In the kitchen, Sungjong busied himself with making food. He’s not even aware that he’s cooking everything he can get his hands on. His mind was busy with only one occupant.

Last night, he called his mom on his sleep. Now that I think about it, I didn’t about this guy’s family. Well I know he has a brother but nothing more. I never did once ask about it since he looked like he doesn’t want to. But last night was different; somehow I’m beginning to think that his condition of being unable to sleep is connected to his mom. Should I asked or him later or what? *le sigh it’s hard to even get a proper conversation with him teasing me all the time.

“Wow, did something good happen?” Myungsoo asked he walked into the kitchen seeing all the food being prepared.

“Nothing, I’ll feed you till you get too fat and feed you to the bird” Sungjong mumbled his sinister plan to himself.

“What?”

“Nothing, eat up” should I look at him in the eye and pretend I didn’t see nothing or should I say something? Or should I ask him about last night? Argh I don’t know where to start. Maybe I should just wait for him to open up about his mom. All that remains is the little small accident this morning. Sungjong keeps thinking to himself not realizing that Myungsoo was already staring at him with brows knit together.

“Are you alright?’ the latter leans forward and gently places his hands on Sungjong’s forehead. The younger boy reacts by pulling himself away.

“I…I’m good. Let’s eat” Sungjong took his fork stab the kimchi, slather it on toast top it with a slice of sunny side up and takes one big bite out of it. Dang it it’s delicious, but it’s a bit hard to swallow because he’s too dam* persistent to staring! Is he waiting for an apology? Hell no! it’s his fault!

“Hey, look up”

Sungjong’s body obeyed the command.

Myungsoo then reaches from across the table, with his right thumb he wipes the crumb off the sides of the younger’s boy’s lips and unconsciously his finger. “See, it’s good a bit salty but delicious. Kimchi and…

“I… I need coffee, you want some?” Sungjong cuts him off and hastily leaves the table to get some coffee while Myungsoo was left looking blank.

“By the way, whose car did you use last night?” the young architect students aske referring to the car outside

“Ah that one, I borrowed it from work. ” Myungsoo said holding his toast.

“Let me guess, a friend owe you?”

“H**n Yuh-nah**?”

“What?” Sungjong returns with two cups of coffee.

“How did you know?” Myungsoo said after swallowing his food.

“I didn’t. Jeez, are you sure you’re not threatening your friends to give you stuff?” Sungjong just couldn’t believe how many “good” friends his “boyfriend” has to let him live in a big house and even let him borrow a car.

“Ey! I’m a good law loving citizen of our country!” Myungsoo joked.

“Yeah, yeah I just don’t try to include me in all your crazy stuff okay?” Sungjong reminded. I’ve been involved a lot actually.

“My friend shoots food advertisement and in exchange for work I got to borrow the car. I’ll drop you off at school later”

“What about you? Don’t you have class?” Sungjong asked. The Kimchi was really delicious in contrast with the warm toast.

“Nope, our project’s already decided and as long as I’m able to pass before the deadline I’ll be good. How about yours?”

“Pretty much the same, our project’s been combined for the middle term and the finals.”

“Wow, you’re teacher’s generous” Myungsoo points out.

“Nah, I’m having trouble with our theme. And if we don’t get at least a B on the project we’re doomed”

“Theme?”

“It’s about…” Sungjong glanced at Myungsoo who was waiting for his answer, “nothing, just that I need to go looking for some places to get some inspiration for the project.”

 “That would be hard on you considering you still have work” Myungsoo said.

“I’ll manage no worries” Sungjong reassured but that the older boy’s not convinced.

            They left half the house half an hour later, Myungsoo drove Sungjong to school.

            “Thanks for the ride man, and please return this car” Sungjong said opening the car door but Myungsoo grabs his wrist.

            “By the way leave your schedule open after work okay?”

            “Why?”

            “Let’s grab some dinner, my treat for “taking care” of me last night” Myungsoo playfully raised up and down his eyebrows.

            “Ah, good thing you mentioned that. I owed Sungjae for helping me with the books”

            “Sungjae?”

            “My friend, you two already met before.”

            “What about him?” Myungsoo’s expression was blank.

            “Well I was going to ask if it’s okay for you. I could cook dinner and invite Woohyun-hyung and the rest for dinner? If you’re not, it’s fine.”

            “hmm, we’ll it’s only been two days since we move into our house. I guess it’s time for a welcoming party. How about you invite your manager at the store too, I wouldn’t be able to know you left the store last night if he didn’t call me”

            “Wait, when did you become friends with Dongwoo-hyung?” Sungjong asked, “You know what, never mind. You’re famous I know”

            “Oops, it’s that jealousy I smell?” Myungsoo chuckled as he whispered in the younger boy’s ear, “don’t worry you’re the first to see everything”

            “Go get yourself an accident and don’t come back” Sungjong rolled his eyes and got out of the car.

            Who’s jealous, you burnt toast toad. And what’s there to see anyway?

            “Bye wifey?!!” from out of the blue Myungsoo called out to Sungjong from the rolled down window catching the attention of the students nearby. This only adds to what Sungjong was already feeling that he just burst out like a red plump tomato in the side of the road.

            “Who ya callin wife?! I hope ya get run over! Just wait who’ll be sleepin alone tonight!” Sungjong shouted back with his fist flared up in the air his ears, cheeks, and neck all red. He’s so infuriating, irritating, obnoxious pest! So Why am I Getting Punished Like This?!!!

            “Wow, you two are getting bolder and bolder each day” Woohyun greeted his classmate.

            “Augh, don’t start teasing hyung. I’ve had enough of his face for today” Sungjong walked towards the campus, he’s not even aware of what he said until later into the day when he was thinking how Myungsoo called it “our house” and for no stupid cause, it made him happy.         

            Around lunch he went into his locker and found another black envelope. He immediately stuffed it into his pocket and told no one about it. 

            “Hyung, you okay?” Sungjae asked Sungjong when they’re in the cafeteria. They have been waiting to the rest of the gang to come but it’s getting late and they started eating.

            “Ah yeah, I was just looking for someone” there’s a special reason why Sungjong decided to eat in the cafeteria. It's been getting on his nerves that everytime's he's alone he thinks someone's looking at him, and whenever he turns around his eyes always seemed to caught the same girl every time.

 

............................................................................IDeviant..................................................................

Trivia: 

 

I read before that 85% of people have experienced stalking before, they may or may not be aware of it though. To which I don't know how to react about that xD

 

Story Trivia: 

It's easy to annoy Sungjong but when he's really angry it shows on his speech as he reverts back to using slang. 

FACT: 

Myungsoo had admitted it before that the member with the most number of photos in his collection is none other than Sungjong. ... yup he's definitely a fanboy alright xD I wonder what kind of photos he has of Sungjong that are not  shown public LOL