One After the Other

Seven Days

“Are you sure you’re not going to wait for him?” Dongwoo asked his junior after Sungjong’s shift ends.

            “Yes, my friend’s waiting at the dorm. I have to get my books ‘cause I really need them I also have some things to buy before going home. Don’t worry hyung I sent him a message not to come. He was sneezing a bit this morning and I’d be bad if he catches a cold.  I have to leave now hyung, bye” Sungjong opened his umbrella and lunges into the rain before Dongwoo could even argue.

            It’s takes at least fifteen minutes to walk from his work to the dormitory. The streets are practically empty except for a few headlights that came to pass by from time to time. Sungjong was holding a firm grip on his phone ever since he left; he had been feeling that someone’s following him. When he turns around to check, he saw a car slowly driving towards his but direction in a fair amount of distance. When he tried to pace up his walking the car budges in speed, but sped down when passing him before it completely drove off into the rain.

            There was a moment of relief when the car left and their dormitory came into view. Sungjong felt safe seeing the security by the gate, upon presenting his identification he was able to goes inside.  

            “Hyung, you came” Sungjae greeted his senior. The rain has been unforgiving since Sungjong arrive in the dorm, he found Sungjae in the kitchen listening to music and the books were on the table.

            “Yeah, I emailed you right?”

            “It was raining and I was thinking you might not come. Here,” Sungjae handed some of the books to his hyung, “there were some seniors here and I get to talk to them for a bit.”

            “Thanks, I’ll treat you to dinner tomorrow okay? It’s raining too hard and we have to carry these books around. It’ll be a lot of trouble” Sheesh I was planning to buy some clothes at a thrift store but it looks like that would be impossible.

            “Sure, while I was waiting I was kinda thinking I’d be nice to eat hyung’s cooking soon. Our dormitory food . ”

            “Sure … let’s do hot pot and have the rest of the gang come over, I wonder if it’s okay to use the kitchen here since we’re already living somewhere else” Sungjong was asking more to himself than his dongsaeng.

            “Why don’t just we do it in your new house? Even Baek-hyung was interested he in how you two lived” Sungjae told his hyung.

            “Ah, but I have to ask him first about it. Come to think of it, we have no more milk and we only have two eggs left on the fridge.” Sungjong thought out loud.

            “Haha, you’re acting like a wife hyung!” Sungjae laughed at Sungjong.

            “I’m not! I’m just being responsible!”

            “Hahaha, deee…fensive” the dongsaeng teased some more.

            “You know if I could put down this box I could kill you” Sungjong said.

            “Treat me to dinner first!”          

            The students talked and laughed as they carried the two small heavy boxes out when Sungjong saw someone talking with the guard by the gate. When the person sees the latter he immediately walked up to them, Myungsoo’s expression was not a very welcoming one.

            “What is he doing here?” Sungjae whispered to his hyung seeing the unfriendly face.

            “Myungsoo, why are you here? Didn’t you read my mail?”

            “Why aren’t you picking up your phone? I’ve been calling numerous times already. Get in the car already” Myungsoo said with a grim face as they met halfway. Sungjong’s boyfriend took the books off his hands without another word and walk to a car outside.

            The younger “boyfriend” took out his phone and sees more than ten missed calls have been made in the past twenty minutes.

“Hyung, he sounded angry” the young boy commented as he gives Sungjong the remaining box. “I’ll leave this in your care okay?”

“See you tomorrow okay? Bye” Sungjong said as he went after Myungsoo.

“Bye hyung” Sungjae waved back but he didn’t know if his hyung had seen him waved as the car door shuts and the car drove off soon after. “What should I do now?” he commented looking at the rain outside.

In the car, Myungsoo was clearly upset. His silence was almost deafening and Sungjong is about to go nuts.

“Uhm, I had my phone on silent during work and forgot to turn it back on. I’m sorry,” the boxes took the back seats while Sungjong’s on the passenger side. Whose car is this?

Myungsoo said nothing as they drove on, it kinda irritated him.

“Besides I already sent a message.” While the younger boy notices that the driver’s seat was soaking wet and Myungsoo was wearing a light fabric shirt the car speeds off into the road. Lighting cackled in the background followed by the grounded moan of thunder.

After ten minutes the car came into a screeching halt; they’ve arrived at the house. Myungsoo got out of the vehicle went into Sungjong’s side, opened the door and took his passenger by the hand.

“Myungsoo, let go.” Sungjong complained on the tight grip as they went up the lift. There’s something different with his roommate and he could feel it. It’s the first time he had seen Myungsoo like this and truth be told it’s almost scaring him.

“Myungsoo! It’s hurting already!” Once inside the house Sungjong could no longer tolerate his “boyfriend’s” silence and forcefully pulled his hand off Myungsoo’s grip.

The latter seemed to have heard his voice and looked directly at him. “I… I didn’t. I’m sorry I was just… because you didn’t answer your phone. I thought something happened”

“Where did you get the car? Have you been drinking?”

“No!” Myungsoo was adamant with his answer, he’s breathing heavily it’s like he’s on a sugar crash, “I was just looking for … from work I borrowed… are you okay? I got a message”

“Hey, hey listen to me. I’m fine okay? Look, Myungsoo calm down, look at me. I’m fine” Sungjong’s voice was soft and calming as he moved closer to him. “I can defend myself.”

“I… just, you’re really here in front of me right?” Myungsoo was still unconvinced as he reaches out to his friend.

Sungjong not knowing what to do opens up his arm to hug Myungsoo. His “boyfriend” is acting weird.  

“You’re here right?” Myungsoo said in almost a whisper.

He can feel the latter trembling, there’s something wrong. Sungjong reaches up to touch his “boyfriend’s” forehead. “You’re heating up!”

The younger boy quickly led Myungsoo to their room into the bed.

“Myungsoo, stop moving around we have to take off your clothes.”

It took almost half an hour to take off Myungsoo’s shirt and pants off. He immediately prepared some hot water and towel but his patient proves to be a challenge.

“Don’t go, stay here”

“I’m not going anywhere. Quit yah whinin’ I’m just going to give you a quick wipe… aya! Kim Myungsoo stop it!” Sungjong struggles to escape the strong arms wrapped around his waist. It seems that the fever had made his friend way too clingy.

“Promise”

“Ye, ye! I’ll stay here till your brain goes back to normal” he said taking the thermometer off the patient. 38.3? That’s quite high, what on earth did he do?

“Don’t go… it’s raining” the older boy have been drifting to sleep and waking up for a couple of times now.

“I just have to get something from the kitchen okay, I’ll be back”

No sooner than Sungjong said the words Myungsoo grabs him by the arm and pulled him on the bed. “I told you stay here. Don’t go anywhere. I’ll be fine if you’re here”

Sungjong’s POV

            If you’re fine then I think I’m the one who’s gonna be in big trouble! I wanted to shout those words at him but I didn’t. I stayed still for god knows how many hours but when I glanced at the clock it’s only been not more than half an hour.

            Half an hour! That’s insane! I feel so nervous I couldn’t even think straight anymore, but what I don’t understand is that why am I trying so hard to make sure my chest is away from him? It’s like if I don’t he’ll definitely hear that embarrassing incessant beating of my heart. Am I an idiot or something? Did I just go insane? What should I do, what to do! Why am I even thinking! What’s to think! There’s nothing to think! You’re just Overthinking things Lee Sungjong!

I was busy beating my other self I didn’t notice that Myungsoo had his arms tightly around me that escape is impossible even if I wanted to.

What if he can hear my heartbeat, ‘cause hell knows I can hear it like drums!  I screamed inside my head. I didn’t even know but my brain tells me I should panic.

This is bad.

Very bad, I can feel his breathing. He’s too close; I’m going to get squished in this idiot’s arms! I don’t know what will happen but I was expecting for the worst.

Death by suffocation

Death by heart attack

Dear god I’m so young to die. Stop beating too much you stupid blood pumping organ!

 I was so sure that when he’s going to hug me closer for one more time I’m gonna passed out. It’s not the lack of air, I’m sure of that. It’s because I feel like the butterflies had gone from my stomach to my chest.

Keep telling my brain to stop overreacting but it keeps saying it’s too late.

            However time’s ticking and god must have answered my prayers and made me fall asleep. It was already two in the morning when I woke up to something warm hit my forehead. When I look up Myungsoo was asleep but tears were streaming down his face.      

“Please, don’t go. Please… mom. Hyung help”

What he said next made me unable to fall back into sleep again. I stared at him, my hands move on its own to cup his face. It’s as if his I can feel his pain, it’s unbearable. I wanted to help him.

Wanted to be there, but deep down I know I’m not the one he needed. I’m not the one he’s looking at for help. Before we became even friends, before we even got to know each other

There was already someone else.

 What am I doing, I already know that. I could smile just like before but heck

Why the hell my tears started falling?

 

 

....................................................IDeviant................................................................................

Yes! haha I was more than happy that I could Update despite all the chaos of my life xD