Little Uncharted Feelings

Seven Days

There’s a faint chirping sounds from the outside window when Sungjong opened his eyes, the sun had just barely risen and only a scatter of indigo light seeps through the curtain cracks.

            “Hey morning, you awake?” Myungsoo greeted sitting by the bedside. The younger boy looked confused seeing that for the first time he woke up later than the both of them.

            “Mo…morning, you woke up early?” Sungjong asked but when Myungsoo turns towards him he can dark circles on the latter’s eyes. “Are you okay?”

            “Yeah, I’m fine. Maybe I was just not used to the surroundings yet. By the way, if you don’t mind I borrowed some books from your shelf to read”

            “You know that’s not gonna work with me right? Don’t tell me you read all of them! Did you even sleep?!” Sungjong was angry seeing the pile of books. “I gave you the pillows, if they’re not enough you can always woke me up! Or you could just sleep next to me!”

            “I can’t, we told your sisters we’re not going to do that right” Myungsoo said, “I’m fine, I did nod off for a few minutes”

            Sungjong sighed and shook his head, “I’m sorry, I didn’t a thickheaded like you would actually follow what I said”

            “Euh? Haha, sorry my brain’s not functioning that well but it seems like you’re telling me that I could sleep on the bed with you. But didn’t you say I’ll sleep on the floor right?”

            “Jeez man, I did. But I didn’t told that I could just take the bed right? D*ng it don’t make me say it.”

            Myungsoo couldn’t believe what he heard, he never expected Sungjong to do something like that, that he couldn’t help but chuckle.

            “Aish! If you’re just going to laugh then I reckon yah don’t need sleep” The younger boy started to get off the bed.

            “No! No! Wait” Before Sungjong could escape Myungsoo caught his arm and pulled him to the floor, “it would be a waste if I won’t take up the offer. This is the first time that Sungjong said that he wanted to sleep next to me. How can I say no to that *grins.”

            “Aish, who would want to sleep beside you? Ayah! Myungsoo let… me…go” The younger “boyfriend” struggles to escape only to make the strong arms wrap around him to hug him tighter, closer to Myungsoo’s chest.

            “Five minutes, just give me five. I didn’t sleep at all since my warm pillow isn’t with me.” The latter said snuggling closer to him. “Let’s stay like this, for a little bit longer. Please”

            The last word was almost a whisper to Sungjong’s ears, and without knowing he suddenly hides his face with his hands.

 

Sungjong’s POV

            What the Heck did I just cover my face for!? I was screaming in my head scolding myself. When I felt Myungsoo’s warm breath in my ears I suddenly felt something bad in my chest. It’s like something tug at heart and took a heartbeat away but increasing it at the same time.

            All of a sudden I’m in a situation where I couldn’t control, couldn’t escape and couldn’t do nothing but wait in silence as Myungsoo’s own beating heart calmly rings in my hear. It’s crazy that the more I listen to the rhythm the more I realized that I can’t distinguish if it’s his heart or mine that I’m listening to.

            But who cares. It’s not like there’s something behind them, or if there will be something worth that will come out of it… right?

            That time, I should’ve wished the time to go slower, for us to stay like that a little bit longer.

            Our second day at home was a little calmer, after breakfast my two older sisters left immediately for work while Myungsoo and I volunteered to see Jiae to school which is just a ten minute walk away from our house. We said our goodbyes and it came as a small surprise that Yuu-noona smiled and patted Myungsoo’s shoulder as they left.

            On our way to Jiae’s school, Myungsoo carried her on his shoulders. Parents and guardians are only allowed by the gate, I watched as Myungsoo lets her down and she beckons him to kneel beside her as she whispers something. I was curious, when Myungsoo glanced at me and smiled while nodding to Jiae.

            “Why am I getting left out?” I playfully asked Jiae to join in.

            “Promise?” Jiae said to Myungsoo.

            “Promise” Myungsoo puts out a pinky swear and made a promise with my little sister.

            “Aww, big brother’s getting ignored” I said picking up my little sister and kissing her on the forehead. “Be good in class okay?”

            “Yes Sunsun. Bye-bye Sunsun. Come back home soon” I hugged my little sister one more time before letting her go. She waved at us as she went to the school.

            “Hey, you okay?” Myungsoo asked while I was in the moment of being a proud big brother escorting her sister to the school.

            “What you mean? I am” I said waving back until Jiae disappeared among the crowd of kids.

            “You look like a parent sending off his kid into a train to Hogwarts”

            “What on earth are you blabbering about? Let’s go. By the way what were you two whispering back there?”

            “Aww, he’s getting jealous. Don’t worry we’re only talking about you”

            “It’s not like that!” I said swinging him the backpack I was carrying.

            “I’ll tell you when time comes okay?”

            “Never mind, I’m not interested anyways”

            It was a sunny day when we got left, as we were crossing the bridge it made me think about the sunset Myungsoo had shown me, I wondered about those high school girls we had rode on the train before, my mind was finally at ease. This weekend has been the longest in my life so far and I’m glad that it’s over. At last I can go back to the university life, for once I’m looking forward to getting busy with our project and just immersing myself in work.

            We arrived the subway hours later and emerged like hungry apes, since it was almost lunch we decided to stop by at a fast food chain. I was pretty sure everyone was looking at Myungsoo as we entered the place, Sheesh! I feel like a half-wit dwarf standing beside him (Not that I’m small! He’s just an inch taller than I am! And that only made me feel even worse!).

            As we sat on our table I couldn’t even properly taste my food as the girls are all looking in our direction. This is what happens when a normal person hangs out with the good-looking creatures of the world. I feel a sense of pride but if it means I can't properly chew my double patty burger with extra cheese then it’s all useless! *le sigh

            Should I just take this home or maybe I should just buck up and eat it!? Come on Lee Sungjong! You’re a man! Take that Dang burger, forget everyone!

End of POV

            “Jong… Sungjong-ah?” Myungsoo had been calling to his Sungjong but the latter looked engrossed in staring at his food. He watched as the latter took a big bite out of the burger and keeps on glancing towards others. The older boy knew how conscious Sungjong can become but then is oblivious with how everyone thinks and it’s one of the things that he finds amusing. The younger boy was shy from unwanted attention but never backs downs in anything. And it only made him want to more…

            “Ah, hey try their fries they’re good” Myungsoo was smiling as he picked up a stick of fried potato towards his roommate.

            “Really? Let me try” the other took the fries from the former’s hand with his mouth, “They’re good, give me some”

            “Let me take a bite of your burger first” Myungsoo opening his mouth for Sungjong to feed. He was already grinning inside his head as his friend hold the food for him.

            “Oh wait, you had some cream on the side of your mouth” Sungjong casually wipes off the smudge of the older boy’s lips and went to focused on his food when

            All of a sudden Myungsoo cracks up laughing while holding his stomach. “I never expected this turn of events!”

            “Huh? What turn of events?” Sungjong was still not getting that he was led into a trap.

            “Well, I was just planning to have my “boyfriend” feed me but for him to go as far as wipe the cream off my lips with his fingers… that was cute!” there were tears in Myungsoo’s eyes from too much laughing. “It almost feel like it’s a date”

            Ah, there’s the red ears I was looking forward to see. *silent laugh.  Myungsoo watching the red tint spreads from Sungjong’s face to his ears and the neck.

            “You, stop teasing D*ng it Myungsoo” The ex-delinquent fidgeted but acted like nothing happened going back his food. The two of them now aware of the curious looks thrown at them.

Sungjong once again had gone beyond his roommate’s expectation. Whenever he expects the younger to get angry the opposite happens. Just like what happened this weekend. Myungsoo was surprised that Sungjong would suddenly up and declare them as a couple to his sisters when just moment before that they were talking about backing up and leaving.

It’s been awhile since I found something this interesting. Myungsoo glanced smiling at his roommate.

 

 

..........................................IDeviant......................................................... 

Sungjong's so Devious! He should be a lawyer instead! hahaha