Doomsday? Part II

Seven Days

Meeting the in-laws! 

 

“Jiae, I told you don’t hold unto the doorknob!” a young woman with blue hair and a dragon tattoo on her arm complained.

 “But Ai’nie I can’t hear anything if I didn’t get closer” the little girl replied.

Myungsoo immediately offered to help the girls unto their feet. “Are you alright ladies?”

“Oh, we’re…” the girl wearing glasses spoke but suddenly Myungsoo could feel a killing aura looming behind him. When he turns around Sungjong was standing there, face like a red raspberry.

“You guys, how long have ya been listenin to us?” Sungjong slowly asked. “You three! Don’t ‘cha go listenin to other people talkin okay? Ai-‘na stop yer glarin at ‘im!” Myungsoo’s “boyfriend” was talking to the “gangster” lady.

Oh wow, he reverted back to a complete slang. Myungsoo thought looking at Sungjong.

            The older girls started to frolic in front of their little brother trying to cover their eavesdropping.

“Are you Sunsun’s man?” the little girl came close to the older boy tugging at his pants for attention.

All of them were caught in surprise that they look like they were playing a statue game just staring at little Jiae.

“Ai’na don’t tell Jiae such words!” Sungjong almost yelled the words to her sister.

“I wasn’t me! Yuu-eonnie probably did!”

“I wouldn’t!”

            “Didn’t I tell you not to play Blame games anymore?! If I were to know that you would act like this I shouldn’t have brought Myungsoo with me!” Sungjong crossed his arms across his chest to show his fake disappointment.

             “Hey, don’t get mad. They’re just excited to know that you’re going home” Myungsoo warmly replied to Sungjong.

            “Yeah, what he said” the girl with the dragon tattoo answered.

            “Well, we should have our proper introductions inside. You two come in”

            The little girl went to hold up his hands in front of Sungjong and the latter picked her up as they were going inside.

            Once inside, the sisters sat on the couch the two remained standing next to each other. Sungjong had put their “offerings” on the table but none was paying attention to even little Jiae. They were intently looking at their brother as if waiting for something.

            “Myungsoo these are my sisters” Sungjong began, “Yuu-noona is our eldest, then Ailee-noona, and last our little Jiae.”

            “Uhmm, everyone I’d like you to meet Myungsoo. He’s a good guy, we’ve known each other for quite some time now and we started going out so that makes him my “boy… boyfriend” He’s a good guy” Sungjong spoke so fast that everyone was wondering if ever he took the time to breathe.

The younger boy didn’t even know he was repeating his own words but after Sungjong did great introduction Myungsoo stunned everyone by getting unto his knees and bowing with his head down like a future husband getting to meet his future-in-laws.

“Please to you, Sungjong told me a lot about his sisters and I was very excited to have finally met you. Please be assured that I only have you brother’s best interest in heart. I hope you approved of us”

“Yeah… what he says” Sungjong’s voice was trembling cheeks flushed, he was a hundred percent flabbergasted that he thought his jaw had drop way to far down his face that it normally would. Is this what he said by I got it all covered??!! Is he a complete idiot or something?

            “Wow a complete dogeza*.  What can say Yuu-‘nie? Isn’t he a little too old-fashioned?” Ailee commented but nonetheless impressed though it’s not showing in her face.

            “Well, I’m a bit old-fashioned myself so that was probably alright” Yuu said adjusting her glasses. “How about you Jiae?”

            “Can he cook? Can he make sure Sunsun’s always have breakfast always?” Jiae said with an innocent gaze looking at her sisters. “I don’t want anyone if he’s not good with making kimbap*”

            Whoa! Your little sister is actually scarier than the rest! Myungsoo glanced at Sungjong.

            I know right? Just hang in there the latter responded silently.

            “I’m not used to cooking but I’m planning to learn them” Myungsoo said smiling.

            “Can you heal the sick? Sunsun’s man should be able to defend his nation. Our Papa can do that, can you?”

            “Jiae, I think you just went off the roof” Yuu commented, “Why don’t you go with oppa in the kitchen and prepare the snacks?”

            “Yeah, just remember what we prac… told you okay?” Ailee winked at her little sister.

            “Eun. I little make sure to keep Sun-sun in the kitchen” the little girl honestly answered. “Ah. I wasn’t supposed to say that right?”

“You guys!” Sungjong tried to complain but Myungsoo lulls him.

“It’s okay Sungjong-ah, I was expecting this” Myungsoo was smiling sending a signal don’t worry I’ll be fine just go to the kitchen.

            “If you say so” Sungjong said. “Jiae, why don’t you help oppa carry these to the kitchen, we bought your favourite dessert.”

            The little girl immediately got carried away and the three of them was left in the room. The moment the sisters heard the kitchen door closes they automatically transformed into detective/inspector/sisters that are over protective.

            “I think I’ve seen you somewhere before. Have we met?” Ailee asked.

            “I don’t think we did ma’am but Sungjong and I were classmate in high school so it might be on one of those occasion” Myungsoo did not dare move from his position even though his legs are starting to kill him.

            “Oh, you you’ve known each other for quite a long time huh?” Yuu asked eyeing the boy from head to toe. “Well good thing you passed the Jiae’s level but you have to improve”

            “Ah, I feel honored” level? Myungsoo wanted to asked but didn’t.

            “You probably knew by now that Sungjong’s our only brother, and there’s no way we’re just giving him away to some man” Yuu continued.

            “Ha-ha, for one thing that we all agree about is that we’re glad you didn’t turned out to be some girl or else you’ll definitely be skinned!” Ailee laughed.

            “ah-ha-ha I’m happy to hear about that” Myungsoo could not even detect if Ailee was joking or telling the truth.

            “Tell me, what do you like about our little brother?” Yuu asked staring directly through her glasses at Sungjong.

            “Uhmm, about that…” Myungsoo bit his lips, “well for one thing…”

*in the kitchen

            “Sun-sun, do yo like him?” Jiae look at his older brother.

            “Ha-ha-ha what kind of question is that, we’re going out right? So it means I like him”

            “But not all people who are together like each other” Jiae’s words made his brother flinched.

            “Haha, where did you learn that?” Sungjong was trying to steer the conversation into a different direction. He can’t believe that he’s having such a talk with a nine-year old kid.

            “My friend’s parents are like that, in the end they signed papers and left each other” Jiae said.

            “Haha, don’t worry about that. We won’t sign any papers like that” more like it’s impossible to get divorced because in the first place we can’t even get married. Sungjong smiled.

            “He won’t leave Sun-sun right?” this time the little girl looked at his brother with eyes eagerly waiting for his answer.

            Sungjong was at lost for words, wiping his hand on the apron he got on his knees and tenderly looked at her sister while holding her hands, “Jiae, listen to Sun-sun okay? There people you will meet and they will change your life. Make it a little better, they will make your boo-boos go away” he tried to playfully pinch her sister’s cheeks, “but doesn’t mean they will stay. It’s okay, just treat them as part of a beautiful memory”

             “Sun-sun, I… can I have my share please?” Jiae said looking at the cake in front of them.

            “Waah! You tricky little princess you! Come ‘ere!” Sungjong laughed as he tried to tickle her little sister. Jeez that was my time to act all cool, well that’s what you get for trying to do it in front of a kid. I wonder what’s going on with the three of them in there… wait have they even cooked dinner yet?!

            “Jiae, can you come here for a bit Sun-sun’s gonna asked yah somethin. Did you three already ate dinner?”

            “Huh? Yuu-‘na said Sun-sun will cook when he arrive. We only ate pizza before” Jiae said not taking her eyes on the cake.

            From the living room the sister could hear loud footsteps coming to their direction, seconds later Sungjong emerged with a spatula on his hand and wearing an apron.

            “Yuu-‘na! Ai-‘na! I told you no pizza before dinner! Jiae told me you haven’t even cook dinner yet!”

            “Eh? But you’re coming home right so we thought you’re cooking”

            “We have a guest and you don’t even have anything prepared… wait why is Myungsoo still sitting like that?”

            “We didn’t told him to sit like that, he just did” Ailee defended.

            “Myungsoo, why are you sitting like that? Get up! You’re helping with the cooking!”

            “Ah, Sungjong-ah could you help me get up. I can’t feel my legs. T.T” Myungsoo smiled at his “boyfriend”. Myungsoo could lift Sungjong right now if he wanted to, he had been wishing someone to come and rescue him from his position.

            “Jeez, you’re intimidating him too much sis” Sungjong said helping Myungsoo up.

            “We didn’t mean to” Yuu said, “We’ll also help with the cooking…”

            “Yuu-‘nie you can’t cook” Ailee said.

            “Ai-‘nie can’t cook too” Jiae pointed out.
            “Jiae, can you keep an eye on the two of them for Sun-sun? We’re going to cook your favourite omelette okay?”

            “Euhn.” Jiae nodded quick as lightning.

            “Myungsoo follow me”

            “Ah yeah. Please excuse me” Myungsoo bowed to the sister and follows Sungjong into the kitchen.

............................................IDeviant..........................................................................................................

After much deliberation and four draft samples for this chapter I went in for the simpler one! Meeting and writing about meeting the in-laws is some serious matter! I was stumped! hahaha 

I hope you enjoy

Exams exams! finally you're done!