Doomsday?

Seven Days

“What are you doing?” Myungsoo asked his “boyfriend” waking up.

            “I…I feel sick. I think I’m gonna throw up. Sungjong said clutching at his stomach sitting on the edge of the bed.

            “Huh? Did you ate something bad last night?” Myungsoo moves closer to Sungjong’s side of the bed and naturally reaches out to gently rub his roommate's back.

            “No, I just…” Sungjong covers his mouth and rushes to the restroom.

            The older boy followed shortly and saw his “boyfriend” looking pale.

            “Hey, why don’t you rest for today? I’ll tell you’re the prof. you’re not feeling well and I’ll take note on our lectures later.” Myungsoo sees a strand of hair dangling on Sungjong’s face and softly brushes them to the sides.

            “No, I’m totally fine.” Sungjong said but his body tells otherwise. He didn’t even react when his “boyfriend” went to touch his forehead.

            “I don’t think you don’t have a fever but just to make sure I’ll take you to see a doctor” Myungsoo said reaching for his phone.

            “No, don’t. I’m fine, really it’s just that…I think I’m...Uhm” Sungjong purses his lips not wanting to tell the reason why he’s been throwing up.

            “Come on, you can tell me. You’ve been throwing up since yesterday and I’m getting worried about your loss of appetite. Besides, we have a big night ahead of us. We’ll be meeting your sisters and…” Myungsoo was cut short when Sungjong runs back to the restroom.

             Come to think of it, he started throwing after we… the older boy was thinking when Sungjong came out from throwing up for the second time around.

            “Hey, don’t tell me the reason you’re throwing up is…” Myungsoo stares at his “boyfriend” but Sungjong immediately dodged his gaze, “Is it because you’re too nervous about tonight’s event?! Are you really that nervous?” his guess was confirmed when his roommate went back to throw up some more.

            “Stop smirking, you ! Sungjong said coming from the restroom five minutes later. He made sure to come out feeling a little better than before and avoid risking another trip. “Why are you laughing!? It’s not funny!”

            “Uhmm, sorry. It’s just that your reactions are way too adorable. We look like a newlyweds where the husband discovers that his wife’s pre… of crud”

            Myungsoo wholly regrets his words as a dark, ominous, and threatening look with intent to annihilate looms over him.

            “You know, it’s funny I’ve been looking for something to beat up like a punching bag and never thought there’d be one right here” Sungjong said crackling his knuckles looking at his “boyfriend” with sunken eyes.

            “Sun…Sungjong-ah please … have mer…mercy”

*the next scenes are omitted to spare the readers of the gory and sorry state our handsome protagonist is going through.* LOL!

            “You oaf! Pinhead! ert! Lamebrain! Don’t ever come near me until you’ve repented! Half-wit! Who’s gonna have your kid?! Take your dam* clothes and go to school by yourself! I’m going alone!” Sungjong was shouting while throwing out his “boyfriend” out along with a change of clothes, his school bag and a pair of shoes out of their room.

            The older boy stood there outside the door with nothing on but his boxers and a shirt while holding unto his things. “Sungjong-ah, I’m sorry. I was just trying to make you feel good. I’m just kidding, Sungjong-ah, sorry. I’ll come and get you later in class okay?”

            “Wow, never thought a day would come that the great Myungsoo would be seen getting dressed in the hallway. And that’s public display of , which is actually a crime. As dorm leader, should I throw you out?” Woohyun came walking with a taunting grin on his face, “Oh wait, it looks like you already got thrown out.  LOL”

            “Yeah, yeah ha-ha funny hyung. Don’t rub it on my face” Myungsoo said in a sarcastic tone putting on his pants and slipping into his coat.

            “What happened anyways? You called me here and I see you getting kicked out?”

            “Nothing, it’s just we’re spending the weekend at their house for the first time and it’s making him nervous. I thought you might be able to calm him down hyung” Myungsoo replied putting on his shoes.

            “Oh, I see. Meeting the in-laws huh? You’re fast.”  Woohyun commented,

“Ah! That’s probably why I saw him staring blankly at his phone calendar and then looking like he wanted to rip it right off the screen. Well it’s natural to be nervous. Kids nowadays would only tell their parents the tummy’s all bulgy”

“I need something to calm him down somehow. He’s been moody lately and I don’t know what to buy him since he’s been throwing up since yesterday” Myungsoo was saying not really minding who he was talking to, again.

            “Oh, I see.” Woohyun’s brows raised up looking at Myungsoo. He’s trying to make Sungjong feel good. Sudden mood changes… and now it’s early in the morning and little Sungjong’s throwing up? Wait I saw Sungjong eating some chocolates yesterday, that’s unusual… could it be cravings? Could it be…?

            “You bastard! What have you been doing to our cute little Sungjong?! He’s still studying, he has a lot of dreams! I said you’re fast but you’re way too fast moron! You better take responsibility! What are you going to do huh? Both of you are still in school! How are you going to raise your family?!” it was Woohyun’s time to roar at poor Myungsoo as he held his junior by the collar. “He’s innocent and so delicate then you bastard just went and…! *sobs! You bastard, take responsibility or you’ll be eating with the fishes!” 

            “Ah, hyung that would be “sleeping”, you know “sleeping with the fishes” not “eating” Myungsoo tried to correct his hyung. He had been trying not to laugh but then again he finds their hyung’s way of thinking to amusing that he just go with the flow.

            “Bastard! You’re still talking back at your senior when your cute boyfriend’s in there thinking ways of how to raise a kid … oh wait.” Woohyun slowly pauses to a halt realizing the situation, “Oh that’s right you’re both guys. I overreacted”

            “Uhm, hyung I wanted to tell you something but right now…I think you should” Myungsoo taps Woohyun by the shoulder and whispered, “Run”

            “Huh? Why?” Woohyun asked not thinking that he had been shouting in front of the door and it can clearly be heard by anyone.

            “Nam…Woohyun…hyung. Could you repeat what you just said right now?” Sungjong was standing by the doorway with a cute but sinister smile on his face. His hands are hidden behind his back as if a warning of another bloodstained war coming. “Who did you call innocent and delicate again? Who’s raising a kid?”

            “Oh sh**!” Woohyun muttered as he turned to Myungsoo with an expression “help me”, then just like a horror flick he slowly turns to look at the figure on his back before opting to run for his life.

            “Sungjongie! Hyung is so sorry! I didn’t mean to say it! Waaaah! Heeelp! Why can’t you shut your mouth in time likes this Woohyun! Whhhy!!?” their hyung’s voice can be heard for miles. Good thing that the seniors have already left for morning activities or else he’d get another punishment.  *poor hyung! XD

            “I’m gonna to rip yah apart hyung! Come back ‘ere! Who yah call delicate?! Come back here hyung! I’m gonna show yah who’s delicate!!”

             Like déjà vu, Myungsoo was laughing holding unto his stomach while Woohyun was getting chased around the dorms, waking up the students in the process. Which turns out to be a good thing actually that Myungsoo was impressed.

            “Well I guess that should take some thoughts off his mind.” Myungsoo said before leaving.

            Luckily, it did calm Sungjong down. He was able to reconcile with his stable self and tries not to fret too much on the matter. The irrational nervousness he had been feeling had gotten under control and he was able to manage his day just as always. In the morning they have separate class and only one in the afternoon. Myungsoo checked on him during their separate classes while on their shared lecture the latter was quietly staying at his side careful not to make any comments that would trigger Sungjong’s anxiety.

            Until they boarded the train.

 

Sungjong’s POV

             My life’s flashing before my eyes. At least that’s what I was thinking, but when I glanced at Myungsoo calmly sitting beside me in the train I don’t know exactly what to feel. I’ve been unable to sleep in the past two days, every time my phone beeps or a call coming through my body automatically wants to throw it away.   

            Maybe I’m just thinking too much, it’s because I’ve never done something like bringing someone home and introduce it as my girl… “Boyfriend” that I was feeling like a chicken. But I was probably more nervous that my sisters will find out that we’re just pretending. Augh, even google can’t even help me on this. From such a young age I’ve learned to never cross any woman in your life. I don’t mind getting into fist fights but when my sisters get angry it’s like all the volcanoes are gonna blow up. And that’s the last thing you ever want to happen.

             There’s still less than two hours and in between three stops until we reach our station. Myungsoo never once tried to tease me and that just made it obvious that he didn’t want me to go act like a freaked out idiot. In a way I can see what he’s trying to do, don’t get me wrong, I appreciated what he’s doing but I feel like a girl getting all nervous with bringing his “boyfriend” home… and that it’s something that’s getting on my nerves.

            “You good?” I heard Myungsoo called out to me but I’m feeling too weak to even reply. I keep thinking that with each passing time my energy’s depleting.

            “Hey, look” he kept on talking to me and I kept on ignoring him. I’m too busy trying to find a way to escape my sisters if they found us out and you’re acting all calm while talking to me? Maybe I should just kick him into a pool with sharks, maybe if I could find some piranhas or something… that’s right! I’ll just distract myself like I always do. That’s so…

            “Easy… Whoa?” A moment ago I was glaring hard on the floor then suddenly found myself staring at the sunset beyond the window as the train left the city through the bridge overlooking by the sea. Myungsoo was holding my chin up to look at it. This is what he’s been calling out to me from a while ago. I didn’t remember what I did but I always closed my eyes to soak up the beautiful scenery before me. Even though I’ve seen such view many times, today it was exceptionally beautiful.

            I was too engrossed in the scenery forgetting that I was with someone. It wasn’t until I heard the sound of the shutter of Myungsoo’s camera and some high school girls in uniforms giggling while looking at us that I was able to go back down to earth.

            “What are you doing?” I asked trying not to ruin the good vibes just now. “Why are those girls looking at us?”

            “Oh nothing but I’m betting they probably saw something nice” he was smiling putting up his hands in the air and yawned. When I leaned on the seat I see his arm around me, the girls stealing glances in our direction keeps on giggling at each other that I feel like I’m missing something, it’s on the tip of my tongue but I can’t put my finger on it.

            The train passed through a tunnel, looking at the lights made my eyes heavy as I tried to keep awake but failed. Less than two hours later I woke up as the doors open and it was already our stop.  The high school girls who were looking at us were also gone. I don’t mind sleeping in the train, I’ve done it a thousand times. But waking up with my head resting on someone else’s shoulder? Much more they had their coat wrap around you is something that really bugs me off. It bugs me, because I should be beating this guy to a pulp for doing something like that but I didn’t.

            Could it be that I’m irritated of myself that I keep letting him do these things?

End of POV

            After arriving on the train station Sungjong ang Myungsoo took a cab for a fifteen-minute ride on a suburb neighbourhood. They got off in front of a two-story family house with a low-lying wooden gate.

            “Quite a nice place you got here” Myungsoo commented as soon as the cab left.

            “My dad had this built especially my mom and their future” There’s pride in Sungjong’s voice and he has this tender expression looking at the house.

            “Well, I can see that” Myungsoo smiled while his “boyfriend” took a deep breath and opened the gate. They walk a straight path across a small garden in front of the house and arrived at the porch shortly after.

            Sungjong was breathing heavily looking at the door bell while Myungsoo said nothing holding unto the sweets they bought as “offering”. It was Sungjong that quoted it.

            “You good?” Myungsoo tap his “boyfriend” by the shoulder to get his attention.

            “Yeah, just that… Whew! I feel like throwing up a little bit” Sungjong took air into his mouth making it puff.   

             “You know, if you really hate this we can stop” Myungsoo was being understanding, “It’s alright I don’t mind”

            “Now you’re just making me feel guilty” Sungjong turned to lightly punched Myungsoo on the shoulder.

            “Did it work?” the latter joked. “I said don’t worry I got it all covered”

            “As if, don’t take me for a chicken” Sungjong said. “It’s just I’m not used to bringing someone like you at home.”

“Hey Sungjong-ah, for what it’s worth, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have dragged you into something like this” Myungsoo had always been feeling guilty, it’s rare for him to have a friend like Sungjong and look what he made him do.

            “Idiot…” Sungjong smiled at his friend, “We’re together in this together whether you like it or not. Besides, even If I wanted so much to run away right now I won’t.” more like I can’t Sungjong wanted to add thinking about his sisters.

            Ah, there it is. Myungsoo thought to himself. Ever since they started this “pretend lover’s” thing he had never seen Sungjong smile like he used to. It was always forced to fit their act. Those times it made him think if this was all worth it.

            “Cause I would lose my salary so of course I won’t do it” Sungjong said to his “boyfriend”. “Maybe I could use some of it to get finally be able to gain some dating points right?”

            Myungsoo couldn’t help but laugh, he always find it amusing listening to Sungjong’s crazy antics. The dark and heavy situation just moments ago was now a thing in the past now that the younger boy was able to smile.

“I was really glad you’re the one here with me right now” Myungsoo happily said as he reaches to gently play with his “boyfriend’s” hair. “Aren’t I lucky?”

Before Sungjong could even react the door flew open and three girls fell on the floor on top of each other. They were clearly leaning too much on the door and it wasn’t lock that it gave in.

       ................................................IDeviant..........................................

Whoohoo! Meeting the in laws! 

Sorry Woohyun! hahaha