From Boy-friend to Boyfriend

Seven Days

“Don’t tell me this is your idea of leave everything to me?!” Sungjong hissed under his breath.

            “hehe, Well I think rather than using just words why not show them that were going out” Myungsoo was smiling with expressions “please don’t kill me” “please endure it, you can punch me back in the dorms later” as they hold hands walking together towards their school.

            “Oi, oi this is embarassin’ we’ve been holding hands ever since we left the dorms it’s probably enough. Yah let go already” Sungjong whispered he was getting aware of people growing in numbers going in the same direction and increasing eyes directed at them.

            However Myungsoo kept a firm grip of Sungjong’s hand, worse their fingers are now intertwined with each other.

 

Sungjong’s POV

            Dear god above, angels and everything good please give the strength not to kill this guy beside me. Give me the courage not to smother his face in the pavement and give me the energy to last even just for a day.

            As we walked towards the school I can really feel the girls looking at me with the intent of murder. Uwaah, girls are scary T.T!! I didn’t sign up for this! Myungsoo you better pay me well! Augh I wanna go home already!
            The moment the news was out that Myungsoo and I are dating random girls would come up to me and ask if it’s true and every time I feel like being put in a death row. My guy friends started thanking me for no reason, some even congratulated me like it’s a normal thing. What the heck is going on! Every time I think I’m by myself I can always sense someone staring at me. Holly mistle toes! Am I being targeted or something?!!

                        I want to sleep, this is not how I imagine my dating would be like, but I guess I brought this to myself. Argh! I feel like getting into a fist fight…. Calm down Sungjong your dog days are long gone.

            By the time morning class ended, I feel like a beaten pulp.

            Did I manage to just ruin my life and chances of having a fruitful college life?! I want a girlfriend too! Cute and kind, simple and smiles nicely at me!!! Is that even possible for me?!!! …………….

            (*ID: dear poor Sungjong, that’s totally impossible hahaha)

 

End of POV

“Oh, boyfriend’s here” Woohyun was beaming seeing Myungsoo walking towards them.

            “Who?” Sungjong turns around, Myungsoo sees him and gave him a wave along with that killer smile.

            “Hey, you done? Let’s grab some lunch.”

            “Yoho” Woohyun greeted.

            “Hi hyung” Myungsoo nodded back.

            “Hyung… How about you join us too?” 

            “And feeling like a third wheel again? No thank you, I got plans too you know” Woohyun was smiling from ear to ear grabbing his bag and left.

            “I’m gonna kill you” Sungjong said as he and Myungsoo were walking the hallway to the school cafeteria. The younger boy’s face felt numb from forcing a smile to his “boyfriend”.

            “Did you say something love?” Myungsoo was smiling like a sweet innocent fool.

            Argh. Dang it! Did those girls heard him! Holding hands, fine. Calling me love?! I’m gonna kill this pompous…Phew… relax Lee Sungjong, relax this is just an act… yeah a part time job with a handsome pay in the end. it up! If you keep reacting to everything this dunderhead is gonna enjoy every minute teasing you! Buck up Lee Sungjong, show this birdbrain who’s in charge!

            “Stop it Myung, you’re too much” Sungjong gave his boyfriend the sweetest smile he could ever muster and pinching his boyfriend on the cheek enough to probably stretch the latter’s face a meter away. “You’re buying me lunch right, right Myungie?” Sungjong had this angelic expression as he smiled but when his eyes were glaring like fire.

            Myungsoo look at Sungjong with eyes almost popping in surprise but he quickly turns into a smile. “You’re the boss”  

            The younger did not said anything and allowed himself to be led by the older boy into the cafeteria. When they entered Sungjong could feel the intense stares shot at them, whispers behind their back and of course the feeling like all the girls is going to jump at him with a shot gun. On the other hand Myungsoo was too much of an ignorant as he continue to held hands with his boyfriend, he did not even let go while they were choosing lunch and this just drove Sungjong almost mad with embarrassment he was sure his face was beating red all that time.

Sungjong’s POV

            “Could you let go now? I want to eat in peace” saying as I gritted through his teeth while still trying to smile. Why are we sitting in the middle of the cafeteria?! Everyone could see us! And why there are no other people sitting with us?! This is a long table D*ng it!

            “Oh sorry, I forgot” Myungsoo smiled and lets me go. I sighed in relief that finally my heart could stop pumping like crazy. But as soon as I felt like I was beginning to relax I realize something’s off. Where did my appetite go? I was so sure just a minute ago I could gobble this up and it won’t be enough. I always had this as my lunch so why am I not feeling like it.

            Minutes passed by and I couldn’t even touch my food, I continue to stare around and whenever I met someone’s eyes they are quick to draw back. Augh. Is it because this is my first time eating while being too aware of the people around me? I feel like my every single move could be my downfall.

            What to do… what to do? We probably sat here for people to see that we really are dating but I’ve never been in a situation like this… Lee Sungjong you can do this. Just think of your happy place

Yeah happy place… breathe… happy place…

            There's a girl that has been looking at us for quite some time now, should I look in her direction or just ignore her?

End of POV

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Myungsoo had a genuine concerned look at Sungjong as the younger boy became silent just staring at his food.

            “Huh? Ah no I’m good.” The latter immediately puts on a smile but Myungsoo was quick to realize that his "boyfriend" isn’t really feeling good.

            “Should we eat somewhere else? Hey, if you not really liking this we could go” Myungsoo said trying to sooth his partner.

            “No, uhm I’m fine it’s just that I probably still not used to being stared at” Sungjong said.

            “Don’t worry I emailed Woohyun-hyung to join us, he’s on his way with the others. Can you hold on till he comes?” Myungsoo’s brows knit in concern. True he planned all of this and he knew he had been teasing his friend but it doesn’t mean that he wants Sungjong to be in an uncomfortable situation.

            “Yeah, yeah sure”

            “Do you want something to drink? I’ll get something from the vending” Myungsoo was talking softy like a big brother trying to comfort his little brother. “I’ll get your favorite coffee okay? Wait here for me”

            Sungjong did not said anything but nodded.

            Myungsoo unconsciously ruffles the former’s head as he was leaving and went to the vending machine. Sungjong was now left all alone in the table and he wasn’t sure if it was a good idea that Myungsoo left. He kept praying for Woohyun to come dashing through the door and save him from the dilemma and when Woohyun did, Sungjong felt so happy he almost punched his hyung.

            “Woohyun-hyung! What took you so long?!” Sungjong was more than too happy to see this sometimes annoying hyung of his.

            “You’re boyfriend beeped me up, he was concerned maybe you’re too nervous of you two coming out so I brought this guys too” Woohyun said pointing their other friends Sungjae, Kai, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun.

            “You guys are the best!” Sungjong could almost hug his friends if it wasn’t for the table between them.

            “So where’s your guy?” Baekhyun asked as they settle themselves in. They had already brought lunch and starts setting it on the table.

            “Don’t call him that, he’s over there” Sungjong said pointing without looking to the direction his “boyfriend” had gone to.

            “Wow hyung, you really do have good taste you know” Sungjae commented, he’s the youngest among the friends he’s on the theater club along with Kai.

            “Shut up guys let me eat” Sungjong was happy that he’s no longer alone sitting on the table but he knew his friend’s curiosity ca be very vexing.

            “But thanks to you all the girls are finally free!” Chanyeol added with a wide grin on his face, “You’re our hero!”

            “Shut up Chanyeol and eat your damn carrots” Baekhyun was the one who replied shoving the vegetable into his best friend’s mouth.

            “What do you mean?”
            “ Well now that you two are going out that means Myungsoo is now taken and not available to flirt which… to guys like us is the most wonderful news” Woohyun said pointing proudly to himself.

            “So that’s why those morons were thanking me” Sungjong sighed.

            “Putting that aside we want to know how you two, well you know, fell in love” Kai said taking a bite out of his burger.

            “Did you confess or was it him?” Sungjae was too interested Sungjong thought his eyes were sparkling.

            “It was… him probably?” Sungjong answered asking. there was nothing like that at all!

            “Really?!! Myungsoo did?”

            “I did what?” Myungsoo appeared from behind carrying drinks.

            Sungjong looked at his friends with a horrified look on his face.

            “Oh nothing, we we’re just curious about the famous couple in the campus” Woohyun said.

            “Oh, really?” Myungsoo calmly sat next to Sungjong. He took out two cartoons of juice from the plastic bag and handed the rest to Woohyun.

            “I thought you’re going to buy coffee?” Sungjong asked seeing the fruit juice.

            “I thought of buying them but you already drank too much coffee this morning so I bought something different.”

            “But I want coffee or I’ll fall asleep in class later” Sungjong whined.

            “We have the same class so it’s okay I’ll stay with you”

            “You’ll take notes for me if I fall asleep then?” Sungjong asked.

            “Okay, okay I’ll take notes” Myungsoo finally gave up with a smile handing Sungjong the juice as he opens it.

            “You guys, why are you all quiet?” Sungjong asked his friends.

            “Wow, they did not even heard us talking about them” Kai said surprised.

            “I feel like we totally disappeared for a moment back there” Sungjae added.

            “Welcome to my world guys” Woohyun said shaking his head with a smile.

            “So this is who Myungsoo really is” Chanyeol commented.

            “Ah we didn’t mean to…” Sungjong was trying to explain but it was Myungsoo who was quick on his words.

            “Sorry about that guys, if you have someone as hardheaded as him for partner it can be a challenge you know” the older boy joked, Sungjong jabs his elbow on his boyfriend’s ribs.

            “Dang it I’m jealous! I’m getting a girlfriend today!” Chanyeol reacts.

            “As if that’s gonna happen!” Baekhyun rolled his eyes at his roommate.

            “So how did you confessed to Sungjong-hyung?” Sungjae asked. “Ah, by the way I’m also Hyung’s friend in the theater cub.

            “Oh, hello.” Kim Myungsoo smiled acknowledging the additional member to the friends.

            “So won’t you tell us?” Kai asked.

            “You guys! Shut your air holes D*ang it you’re asking too many questions. Let’s just eat lunch!” Sungjong said gulping down his food.

            “Sungjong-ah, slow down you’re going to” Myungsoo warns but it was too late as Sungjong starts to cough. His boyfriend immediately hands him some water and rubs his back to ease him up.

            “Yeah thanks”

            The older boy notices that his Sungjong’s ears were red and without thinking he reaches out and gently touches them, the younger boy reacts with a sudden jerked he almost fell on the chair.

            “Stu… stupid Myungsoo what was that for!? Wanna fight?” Sungjong’s defense system were up.

            “Oh, sorry I just…” even Myungsoo was surprised he can’t find any words to justify his actions.

            “Stop teasing okay?” Sungjong softly punch him on the shoulders as they finish lunch.

            “Oh yeah, sorry” .