Four

Walk On Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: First off, thank you to those who have recently subscribed, commented and upvoted.

Secondly, happy birthday to Chanyeol! It's almost the end, hope you guys have been up to date with voting.

------

 

The doorbell rang an infinite amount of times before making way for incessant knocking. 

Damon leisurely sat on the couch reading the newspaper. "Mia." He hollered. 

The said woman briskly rushed out from the kitchen and granted their guest access. "Young master Kris." She greeted with a bow. 

He disregarded his family's maid and stormed into the living room, where he'd found his father. "What is the meaning of this?" He huffed out angrily; tossing an envelope in front of the latter.

Damon sighed and put aside the nicely folded newspaper. "You all of the sudden parade into my house and demand an answer from me. Don't you think that question is more suitable for me to be asking you?" 

"You know exactly what this is about! How dare you give a wedding invitation to Jocelyn through Suho?!" Kris had pacified her after their argument. But this was full on mockery! She became hysterical, throwing everything within her reach before gradually suffering from a mental breakdown. It had been a horrific and heartbreaking sight. And to make matters worse, she ignored him for a few days. 

The latter shrugged nonchalantly. "Jocelyn is a good friend of yours, she deserves to be invited to celebrate your big day. And whether she decides to attend is up to her." 

"You already forced me into doing this-" 

"Oh, no, no, no." His father interrupted his rant. "You've used that word incorrectly. I didn't force you, you willingly agreed." 

Kris clenched his fists in fury. That had been a lie and the elder had been well aware of the fact. He suddenly felt like a puppet; where Damon had been in command, being able to manipulate him in any way he so desired. His father planned everything perfectly so he held full control over his life. "It's because you threatened me!" 

Damon pushed aside the accusing finger darted in his direction. "No son, I merely gave you a suggestion to better your future." 

"Liar!" He growled childishly. He loathed how he could never win his father in any dispute. It was irritating how Damon often managed to have a retort that always rendered him speechless. His ability to maneuver his usage of words was evidently something Kris did not inherit. 

"Kris honey, welcome home." Geena smiled tenderly as she and Kai placed the remaining dishes on the dining table. "Damon, Kris barely visits anymore. Can't you refrain from arguing with him?" 

"This is supposed to be a family dinner, what are they doing here?!" The blonde snarled. If he hated his father then he absolutely despised that woman and her son. 

Damon slammed his fist against the table, the sound resonating throughout the entire mansion. His son's temper he had adapted to, but he would not tolerate this kind of behavior. "Kris Wu, that is no way to talk to your mother and brother!" 

"I'm an only child and she's not my mother!" He snapped hotly. 

Geena rushed forward to give her husband a comforting pat on the arm. "It's okay baby." She hushed him. 

Kris rolled his eyes at the revolting sight. "Screw this dinner, I'm out of here." He briefly announced before turning his back to leave. 

"At any given time, Mr. Damon Wu Jie Yu has the right and freedom to add or take away from the listed conditions. The consequences of disobeying his demands will lead to immediate disqualification of becoming successor." He recited right off his copy of the contract. 

And as expected, Kris stood frozen in his tracks. "." He cursed himself for not meticulously analyzing the contract before foolishly signing it. No wonder Jocelyn said I basically sold my soul to the devil. 

To Kris' dismay, his trance had been punctured through by the echoing doorbell. He knew that indicated the person he'd been dreading to see had arrived. 

Damon checked his wristwatch and grinned; as if already forgetting about the event that had happened earlier. "Now, if being my successor still means anything to you, then you're welcome to stay for dinner." 

The door opened once again to reveal their anticipated guests. 

"Appa, big house!" Tao exclaimed, eyes gleaming in delight once they stepped foot inside. 

Baekhyun laughed at his son's reaction. "Yeah, it's really pretty in here isn't it?" 

"Mhmm!" The toddler hummed as he squirmed to be let down. As to not cause a ruckus, the brown haired male eventually relented. 

It was a completely new environment for him and he couldn't resist the urge to start exploring. "Daddy, come catch Taotao!" He giggled as he clumsily ran. 

"Hold up there champ." Much to Luhan's relief, Chanyeol stooped in to scoop Tao up in his arms before the other could run too far. "This isn't our house, we'll play later okay?" 

"Okay." Tao hesitantly agreed, lips automatically jutting out in an adorable pout. 

"Sorry about that Uncle Wu." Luhan bowed apologetically. 

Damon chuckled, waving his hands dismissively. "No harm done, kids are naturally playful." He noticed how uncomfortable the brunette appeared thus reached out to give the latter's shoulder a squeeze. "Relax son, we're practically family, my house is yours. And from now on, you'll have to get used to calling me dad." He couldn't hide the blissful grin from tugging across his lips. 

Unfortunately, his words seemed to have caused the opposite effect of what he'd intended on. Having not been addressed with that particular term for over a decade, Luhan immediately stiffened under his touch. 

Damon disregarded that detail and  proceeded to introduce the remainder of his family.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter